Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
these are the kind of chapters which make this series so good....mr.compress really was the robinhood but was misunderstood as a villian...even tho the LOV/PLF members are doing wrong things but their backstories really drives their action to justice somewhat. Mr.Compress was one of those characters whose backstory i was really interested in. Heroes are really in a bad shape, the majority of top 10 heroes are out of commision. Bakugo,Deku, are out of commision as well and Shoto is Jet-burned....another scar on his body....I am really interested in the final act/show of Mr.Compress...awaiting for the next chapter and it better be good.
Dec 11, 2020 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
I really really liked the chapter, in fact it has everything to make it a great one.

But I would have really loved if we knew a bit more about Compress beforehand, you know, not about his origins, but about his personnality and his relationship to the other members, basically what made Twice an incredible character and his death absolutly devasting (we did knew Twice's origins, but he was very likable even without that).

Also it's very cool to finally mention Harima Oji in the story, tho he might never be actually relevant again.

I'm talking as if he's already dead but maybe it's just a bait and switch (not like he did that with Bakugo 9 chapters ago), but it'd be a shame that the first and honestly only memorable moment the character had is immediatly followed by his death. Also, him revealing his face after hiding it for the entire series while being a magician would be a really nice way to go...

Edit : The official release shows that Hori is self aware about the way he handled Compress throught the whole story and it does makes this moment really cool. It doesn't really change the lack of emotionnal impact, but it somehow justifies it.
Florent3571Dec 13, 2020 9:22 AM
Dec 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Oct 2017
I didn't feel a thing for this guy lol, felt like some random dude getting the spotlight for once.
Dec 11, 2020 10:27 AM
May 2018
I would like to say Todoroki is out of commission for all that burn, but nah he's definitely going to get up again, I'm gonna be genuinely surprised if he doesn't. Bakugou did, why wouldn't he? Not enough willpower? He's fighiting the brother he thought was dead for years, how could he not have enough willpower in that situation?

I can say I'm happy for the guy getting the spotlight because he's a magician and magicians are cool, but yeah he took his sweet time. The closest he got to show personality besides his whole mage image was when he took the arm of overhaul as payback.
Fabrizio00Dec 11, 2020 10:33 AM
Dec 11, 2020 11:34 AM
Sep 2020
Compress sacrificing his life to let the others get away who are the true villains here?
FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!!!
Dec 11, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
im confuse about the drawings of this manga sometimes lol its hard to follow the action

so Mr Compress is gonna die and sacrifice himself to let the league of villains escape eh
Dec 11, 2020 2:31 PM

Apr 2020
deg said:
im confuse about the drawings of this manga sometimes lol its hard to follow the action

Same, I like the manga but holy shit, I have to read some panels 3 or 5 times and even wait for some explanation
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 11, 2020 7:53 PM
Nov 2019
deg said:

so Mr Compress is gonna die and sacrifice himself to let the league of villains escape eh

Same here, I don't have a clue what Compress did.
Dec 12, 2020 12:13 AM

Dec 2016
*all top heroes fall down

*Good moments for Mr. Compress saving his friends

*the end of Touya vs Shoto fight and my boy Shoto got burn ,he did good but Touya flames is too much💔😭

I think this arc is about to finish maybe two more chapters left
Dec 12, 2020 1:25 AM
May 2016
deg said:

Yeah, i thought he would compress himself bcoz he couldn't touch the rope only his butt, but that didn't happen. And then he seemed to be escaping but they why stop. I just can't follow the action in any manga, damn!
Dec 12, 2020 1:31 AM

Jul 2020
Hmm,so mr compress is the robinhood now?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 12, 2020 2:18 AM

Oct 2014
Compress had no depth before. If you want chapters like this to have any kind of large impact you have to give us some sort of attachment to a character first. No matter how slight.
Dec 12, 2020 2:31 AM

Sep 2013
Could barely follow what had even happened here. The sooner this arc is over, the sooner we can have the characters talk about what's actually happened.
Dec 12, 2020 5:36 AM

Dec 2013
I read and end up like.

"WTF just happened, I didn't get shit, damn. Betteer go to Myanimelist"

I get here and everybody is like
"wtf just happened, send us a script"
Dec 12, 2020 6:43 AM

Jul 2017
The hell suddenly Mr. Compress is gonna sacrificed himself for the league almost out of nowhere. But aside of that the arc is still intense and I hope to see more Mirio's action till the end.
Dec 12, 2020 12:43 PM
Sep 2020
The villains are the only ones with actual stakes LOL. While Compress isn’t as fleshed out as Twice was he’s still a likable villain and he’s more heroic than fucking Deku who fucking got Bakugo stabbed LOL. I’m glad Mirio returning hasn’t affected the villains chances of winning.
Dec 13, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble following some of these panels at times lol, there are times where I'll just stare at a panel trying to figure out what's going on but then I'll just give up and be like "yeah I'll just wait for the anime to eventually get here." Makes me even more appreciative of the people who work on the anime who have to figure out what's happening and then bring it to life haha.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 13, 2020 4:48 AM

Mar 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble following some of these panels at times lol, there are times where I'll just stare at a panel trying to figure out what's going on but then I'll just give up and be like "yeah I'll just wait for the anime to eventually get here." Makes me even more appreciative of the people who work on the anime who have to figure out what's happening and then bring it to life haha.

Retolee said:
Could barely follow what had even happened here. The sooner this arc is over, the sooner we can have the characters talk about what's actually happened.

LameReader said:
I read and end up like.

"WTF just happened, I didn't get shit, damn. Betteer go to Myanimelist"

I get here and everybody is like
"wtf just happened, send us a script"

I can't believe I'm saying this again but please wait for the offical release before complaining about the art. I'm not even saying Hori's art is alway clear, sometimes even with the officials I have trouble figuring out what's going on and he has some issues, but at least I'm not making my judgement based off of shitty scans that amplify any problem that might be there.
Dec 13, 2020 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
compass, the robinhood, sacrifice him self, to save the mass murderer villain!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 13, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
So are we suppose to feel anything for the reveal? Feels like it was thrown in to make Mr. Compress a more interesting character last minute because Hori failed to do so in the last 200+ chapter. "Oh look he's related to this one guy that was mentioned once!" Yawn.

Horrorreader91Dec 13, 2020 4:04 PM
Dec 13, 2020 9:04 AM
May 2016
I'm just bored now.

A character that has had like 2 lines in the entire series now has an entire chapter where we should suddenly care? Nah.

Oh yay, yet ANOTHER surprise turn of events. How does anyone think this is good at 5his point? Villains get the upper hand, heroes get the upper hand, villains get the upper hand, heroes get the upper hand and on and on and on and on we go.

If Shigaraki manages to escape this situation, I'm gonna drop the manga. They've invested too much into this for him to simply escape now, it would make all of the chapters in this arc pointless. If they capture Shigaraki and the rest escape, fair enough but Shigaraki cannot be allowed to escape.

If Shigaraki does escape, the heroes will never beat him in any sort of believable way.
Dec 13, 2020 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
Damn mr compress looking like sakusa from haikyuu.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 13, 2020 11:44 AM
Sep 2020
This chapter was def underwhelming but it really pisses me off how the villains sacrifice so much for the sake of success. The villains are much easier to root for and the chemistry between them is really fun to watch. Literally Twice fucking dead due to a stab wound and Compress is obv gonna die due to half his torso missing but the heroes LOL let me get to them rn. Gran Torino while he should be dead rn he still will die with a Nighteye send off, Crust (who fucking cares but his sacrifice was heroic), X-Less who cares, Midnight def is dead, the washing machine guy might be dead, the pussycats most likely dead and that’s it. Twices death to this day is still the only impactful and the only death that I cared for. But seriously another villain has to die for the villains to escape yet no sacrifices are to be made by the heroes besides Mirio (who got his quirk back 100 chapters afterwards but if he dies I will be happy), Aizawa cutting off his leg, all mights retirement, Bakugo saving Deku (obv won’t die cuz the backlash would be immense and in Shonen u can’t kill off ur most popular character or really an character of importance for that matter. If I was going to give my biggest complaints with this arc it would be:
1. Mirio’s return like I said one of the only character who sacrificed anything and it’s not that he returned but the execution behind it/Eri tho at least she has a cool down period and if heroes are gonna die way before her quirks restores or if somebody loses a limb long before it returns cool.
2. Heroes are not dying besides a few, and the substitute for that is “critically injured”
3. Dragging

Honestly between this and JJK don’t know which one is shooting itself in the foot more.
HamAndBaconDec 13, 2020 11:48 AM
Dec 13, 2020 2:25 PM

Oct 2014
I was gonna ask for someone to explain to me what just happen since i don't care enough to try and figure it out myself but i see most people didn't get it either lol

I guess mr compress died and he got a flashback while dying, was he important? Should i know him or the dude he spoke about? Is anyone actually gonna die? The injury was fatal but fatal doesn't really mean anything...

My head hurts dude
PantsuDec 14, 2020 1:40 PM
Dec 13, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2012
I've always liked Compress and was interested in Oji Harima since his first mention in the series, so I'm cool with this chapter. I agree that it doesn't really land emotionally since Compress hasn't gotten the time development as other villains like Twice but I liked it well enough. Am glad this arc seems to be wrapping up though, this is possibly my least favourite arc in the series.
Dec 13, 2020 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
Massive death flags for Mr Compress in this chapter. I've always liked him so I'm glad he finally got the spot light for seemingly one last time.
Dec 13, 2020 3:41 PM

Sep 2018
LOV members care for each other ;( it's impossible not to care for them. I feel bad for them.. Dabi's problem is more on personal though, but others is society problem. If Stain is with them.. maybe they can change the MHA world. AFO just using them for his own benefit ;(
Dec 13, 2020 7:38 PM

Apr 2019
Logically explain to me how everyone is still alive. How? Even irrelevant characters can’t get killed off, they survive.

Dec 13, 2020 11:59 PM

Jun 2017
Just when I thought things could go smoothly now that Mirio has arrived. But of course, I wouldn't put it past the league of villains not having something up their sleeve.

Mr. Compress looks pretty handsome btw!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 14, 2020 12:47 AM

Jan 2011
Kuma said:
compass, the robinhood, sacrifice him self, to save the mass murderer villain!
Truly sticking up for the little guys!
Dec 14, 2020 1:47 AM
Jul 2014
EdTheAlchemist said:
Logically explain to me how everyone is still alive. How? Even irrelevant characters can’t get killed off, they survive.

Did you literally miss all the heroes who died during Shiggy's awakening and the ones that Toga killed? Your dumbass didn't even try to pay attention.
Dec 14, 2020 1:49 AM
Jul 2014
Pantsu said:
I was gonna ask for someone to explain to me what just happen since i don't care enough to try and figure it out myself but i see most people didn't get it either lol

I guess my compress died and he got a flashback while dying, was he important? Should i know him or the dude he spoke about? Is anyone actually gonna die? The injury was fatal but fatal doesn't really mean anything...

My head hurts dude

Why do so many stupid people still read this series?
Dec 14, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, did compress just compress his ass cheeks, that's wild.

Great chapter though, and it's interesting to see some background on Compress with his Robin Hood-esque lineage. He's probably going to die with that gaping hole in his side but, he's definitely going to put on a show.

Oh boy, is Shiggy going to wake up in front of Mirio, let's fucking go.
Dec 14, 2020 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
I guess Mr Compress compressed or tore (?) a piece of this flesh to add slack to the threads that were binding him, so he could slip his arm out and compress Shiggy and Spinner to free them from their threads. Then he fully broke free from the threads by running (?) and once fully free he called Dabi over to him and uncompressed Shiggy and Spinner.

Mirio is zoning in on them so I dunno what his plan is now that he’s in no fighting shape, and Shiggy and Spinner are unconscious. I guess Dabi is gonna hold Mirio off while maybe Compress attempts to wake Shiggy up?
Dec 14, 2020 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
Devil_Food said:
Pantsu said:

I guess my compress died and he got a flashback while dying, was he important? Should i know him or the dude he spoke about? Is anyone actually gonna die? The injury was fatal but fatal doesn't really mean anything...

My head hurts dude

Face it, this whole arc has been really underwhelming. A bunch of """reveals""" that either weren't really reveals or not important enough for people to care.
Dec 14, 2020 1:51 PM

Apr 2019
Devil_Food said:
EdTheAlchemist said:

Did you literally miss all the heroes who died during Shiggy's awakening and the ones that Toga killed? Your dumbass didn't even try to pay attention.
Oh the irrelevant ones that everyone forgot about? Yeah what a great point!

Dec 14, 2020 7:27 PM

Jul 2013
Mr. Compress is handsome. Nice that, unlike Dabi, he feels more of a connection with LOV members.
Dec 14, 2020 7:39 PM

Mar 2020
after reading all the above comments i would say that this time the fandom is right. Why can't people see the bonding of LoV members? They all were a group of deviants but also have their convictions, they love and have mutual respect for each other. They were shunned, misunderstood, used, abused by the hero society which was supposed to be accepting and to be working for the people. I know that there are faults in the justice system but can be solved and the method of villains are also wrong but somehow the villain's seem to be in the right. Each of the LoV members backstory represents only one persons suffering, there could have been many people been exploited or be in any danger and seeking out for heroes but to no avail. Just like heroes trusting their dreams to the no.1 hero, the villains are also doing the same, sacrificing themselves because they know that their no.1 will bring a change not only for themselves but also for people of their kind. Dabi's past shows the dirty secret of "Quirk Marriages" and the current no.1 hero, Compress's past show the dirty secret of politicians, Toga's and Spinner's past shows the prejudiced thinking of the society which was laid down by the Hero society, Twice's past is just so heart breaking. Shigaraki's past is a sum of the members past. The only thing which i didn't like in the MVA arc is that Compress and Dabi's past were never shown but now I am content that they also had just reasons to change the world. Dabi's wish of having a family and being loved as a son even if he didn't inherited the ice quirk, Toga's and Spinner's wish of living in a world where they are accepted, Twice's wish of living in a world where he can trust others and in return they trust him are only wishes which the Heroes won't grant because they have been categorized as villains and we have been taught that villains are bad.
i_m_a_hero_tooDec 14, 2020 7:51 PM
Dec 16, 2020 11:01 AM

Mar 2017
Compress’s gorgeous face reveal... just as he dies!

I take it this means the surviving LOV’s member are gonna retreat for now since they lost the upper hand. Guess we’ll find out soon what losses occurred on the hero side
Dec 18, 2020 5:12 PM

Nov 2016
Devil_Food said:
Pantsu said:

My head hurts dude

Sometimes it's simply a huge pain in the ass to figure out what's going on. This is a shounen manga, I want simple entertaiment and not to fuck my eyes up xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2020 2:31 AM

Mar 2016
Compress backstory..... pretty decent. His final act.
Jan 7, 2021 11:03 AM
Jan 2020
yes the face reveal. for some reason i expected him to be older but he is a fineee man. every chapter of this arc just keeps getting more and more amazing ngl
Feb 8, 2021 8:07 AM

May 2016
Mr Compress really stole the show with his intricate and ultimately fatal escape plan as well as that unexpected yet much appreciated face reveal.

If he's gonna end up dying to save his pals, I guess that he might as well show the world all he's got. His infamous ancestor may be a Robin Hood figure but what he's doing isn't exactly helping the poor, is it?

Apr 6, 2022 9:27 PM

Feb 2021
More than half of the top heroes are out of commission. So many students are severely beaten up.

Mr Compress sacrificed himself for the League. His sacrifice saved them from getting captured.

Ngl I thought Mr Compress would be a bit older. But he looks pretty darn good.

Aug 25, 2022 7:27 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Mr Compress was always a snooze, I'm sorry.
Mar 26, 2023 11:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Mr. Compress face revealed, the same that his past!!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

12 by WoodedSkate89 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.