Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 16, 2020 5:34 AM
May 2019
KANLen09 said:
"I didn't marry her because I proved my love, I married her to prove my love." - Nasa

This is probably the most profound quote I ever heard in any anime, or show. This raised my love of this series to beyond a 10, if MAL would allow such a thing.

I love how Nasa used logic to convince Chitose about why he love Tsukasa. I wish this series would go on beyond the 12 episodes. This is a couple I would love to see them grow old together. They have such different likings but still would want to be together enjoying their time together.

This could be a series that would make me cry when it's over.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
"You don't get married because you've proven you're in love...You get married so that you can prove it." Hmm...I wonder how many people look at it, this way.
Not many if you look at the divorce rate and how the feminist movement ruined it for women. Men and women are different. End of subject.

IshigamiCrisis said:
I just skimmed through most of the discussion and it narrows down to
1."cute"
2."cute"
3."cute"
4.One guy who said it wasn't as funny as the other episodes

Can ANYONE give me a brief explanation without using the word 'cute' why they like this anime cause I am honestly trying to understand

Because it is cute. Don't see how you don't see that.

Beyond that, it is about two strangers who fall in love and are discovering who they are and how they are getting to know each other. It's done in such an innocent way. No sexual innuendoes (at worst it gets mild). Nothing graphic. No double entendre. Just two kids (which they are) learning about each other. And it's done in a cute way...or at least cute to us the viewers.
sbyrstall2Nov 16, 2020 6:44 AM
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Nov 16, 2020 7:39 AM

Oct 2014
nanimeanswhat said:
Queen_Vania said:
I can share your dislike as I do find them quite annoying, although not as much as you. I generally dislike them at the start but turn to like them a bit once they warm up, so I tend to bear with it, unless there's a character which stays the same way for an entire season, which can be pretty distasteful.

I feel like this girl will be the latter, y’know, for comedic purposes.

Chitose chased them all the way there but she told Nasa that she's going back now. Plus, she went quiet during his speech and her facial expression says that she was moved to a certain extent. Of course, she's not the type to openly admit that.

While I'm not really a fan of Chitose, her character has contributed to the anime in a positive way before. We had a certain moment in ep 4 because of her, instead of that "cheating" picture being used to create drama (which is what most people would expect), it was used to show Tsukasa's trust in Nasa.
Nov 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Jan 2020
Chitose is really obsessed with Tsukasa, isn't she? Even to the point that she stalks her on her honeymoon. Lucky her, though, that she wasn't reported to the police. But I think she is finally starting to realize her mistakes thanks to Nasa.

That scene at the end was really heartwarming. Nasa somehow explained what genuine love is with scientific theories, and it was actually great! He might not look like a reliable guy sometimes, but when Tsukasa needs him, I'm pretty sure he will be there for her.
IrrelevantGuyDec 31, 2020 2:24 AM
Nov 16, 2020 12:07 PM
Nov 2020
When you read the manga and see it animated, it made me so happy. I like how they show it in the anime also.
Nov 16, 2020 12:08 PM
Nov 2020
When you read the manga and see it animated, it made me so happy. I like how they show it in the anime also.
Nov 16, 2020 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
That little girl has wayyy to much salt lolz, can't wait to see her face after she see's them fuck. ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 16, 2020 6:23 PM

Nov 2014
Continuing the trip to Nasa's hometown this episode ended up in Service area while Chitose still following them hoping them to break up XD. As usual her two maids were so hilarious, Unlike their bosslady Chitose,instead of Hoping of NasaTsukasa to break up they really supporting their relationship :D.

The lime udon... haha .. Nasa's got feed by Tsukasa, and he countered that by take a cute photo of Tsukasa expression while she was getting the sourness of the Lime. After She getting "tsun" a bit because of that, Nasa's got a sweet tasty melon bread for her to made her happy :D.

While usually people tend to like seeing and going to old and unusual places in Kyoto, Tsukasa's prefer to go usual modern places like fancy cafe or manga museum.. Nasa's overnight plan-making was in vain haha.. good grief Tsukasa is an understanding wife and go along with his trip plan.

Just when they going to started the trip after Tsukasa's change her clothes to Kimono and surpised Nasa of how cute her is XD.... Chitose came bothering them again. Nasa decide to prove to Chitose of his resolve on his marriage and love for Tsukasa by accepting Chitose challenge while Tsukasa;s got her cafe's and manga museum trip with the maids.

and.. my most favorite scene of this episode...
After proven himself to Chitose, and she still felt dejected about that.. Finally Nasa's tell his resolve using some logic and difficult terms with "percentage of research results" even using "Drake equation" to reinforce his statement.. and that came into the one beautiful sentences...

"I didn't marry her because I proved my love, I married her to prove my love." - Nasa

guess that concluding enough for Chitose i guess.. can't wait to see next episode when Tsukasa's' meet Nasa's Parents. Really excited for that :D
Nov 16, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2015
That Yatterman reference took me off guard. Amazing episode as usual.
Blonde envious loli is a bit annoying and insolent, but she will learn error of her ways eventually.
PiromyslNov 16, 2020 10:57 PM

Nov 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Feb 2020
My man Nasa again destroying haters with facts and logic. Such a chad.
Nov 17, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2020
I just finished episode 7 of Tonikaku Kawaii and im very suprised how manga and anime are so close, this is a real adaptation!

I hope to see some scenes in the anime that were so fun in the manga .. I'm afraid tho if we see them or they will skip some scenes. Or we will see them in season 2 that for sure it will be. What do you think guys?

“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Nov 17, 2020 8:36 AM

Jun 2019
This was 200iq move to take a photo of her eating lime
Nov 18, 2020 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
Nefelupitou said:
Am I the only one here who loves this maid?

I like those characters too.
Nov 19, 2020 10:46 AM
Mar 2017
Am i the only one who can't stop smiling after every episode? The two of them look so good together, I'm having diabetes!

I've been reading the manga ever since the chapter was all around 50-54. They really did a great job just like in the manga, expect a smooth and intimate progress for the next 5 episode!
Nov 19, 2020 11:57 AM
Oct 2020
“You don’t get married because you’ve proven you’re in love. You get married so that you can prove it.”
Great all around episode in my opinion. There were parts that were funny and parts that were serious; they flowed together quite well. Looking forward to the next episodes!
Nov 19, 2020 5:10 PM
Sep 2020
Waiting for episode 8, I love it hihihi
Nov 19, 2020 9:23 PM

Jun 2020
Tsukasa on a Kimono was so cute, and of course Chitose is gonna destroy the cute scene.

I don't know if Nasa was able to convince Chitose but I think he did some damage into it, and now it's time for them to meet Nasa's parents.
Nov 20, 2020 10:10 AM

Jun 2019
My boy Nasa really explained everything to Chitose scientifically. lol.
Also, Tsukasa was looking beautiful in that kimono.
Nov 21, 2020 1:01 AM

Mar 2016
Damn good episode! Nasa being real about marriage. It's not always about marriage after love, but love after marriage.
Nov 21, 2020 1:02 AM

Mar 2016
Darnlaggerz said:
Am i the only one who can't stop smiling after every episode? The two of them look so good together, I'm having diabetes!

I've been reading the manga ever since the chapter was all around 50-54. They really did a great job just like in the manga, expect a smooth and intimate progress for the next 5 episode!
Same here. I smile like a goofball watching them being lovey dovey.
Nov 21, 2020 5:15 AM
Dec 2019
this guy is the next generation of rapping
Nov 24, 2020 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
Once again an amazing episode!!

How can an Anime be this cute!??!! It's really enjoyable!!

Nov 24, 2020 10:08 AM
May 2018
bagus jugabagus jugabagus jugabagus jugabagus jugabagus juga
Nov 26, 2020 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
That's why I like Nasa too!! Actually there's more qualities I like about him haha (not yet reveal-manga) he's really nice!!.

They didn't tour around Nara :( Chitose is kill joy.
Nov 28, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2012
"You don't get married because you've proven you are in love... you get married so that you can prove it."

Really great phrase :)

While I didn't like the first part of the episode much (I really love their calm moments alone more and Chitose is meddling in too much), at least the ending part was worth it. Now I don't believe he convinced her completely but at least she got to see his point. Wonder if it also means harem +1, maybe sometime in the future :D (though not really true harem in this series).

Anyway, seems like Tsukasa is way older that it seems, coming to the Earth every several hundred years or so (perfectly on par with Hikoboshi/Orihime and Kaguya story). That's why she is more interested in recent things rather than in things she already saw before (kimono or old castles). And all the talk about extraterrestrial life in the end just hinted at that.
Dec 15, 2020 10:34 PM

May 2020
Nasa is such a good husband!
Dec 17, 2020 11:36 PM
Apr 2016
I really liked his speech at the end. Episode 3 and 4 were bad in my opinion, but everything after (so far) has been good.
Dec 22, 2020 11:25 PM

Aug 2019
pretty heart-warming episode. Although Chitose's character did start to get annoying in the first half, Nasa's talk with her seems to have calmed her down, and all in all her intentions don't really seem that bad, she's just pretty persistent.

Aw, shame the honeymoon couldn't be any better, oh well. More slight pokes at Tsukasa's past, purely speculation, but her reaction to wanting to see old historical buildings/architecture was interesting, she acted like she had already got her share of old ancient buildings and what not, wanting to see some more modern things, and i don't think thats because she just really likes studying history.

seeing the parent's next episode, interested to see what happens and their reactions.
Jan 1, 2021 3:47 AM

Nov 2012
Man, I get that Chitose has to be there to help stir up the conflicts that create the cute moments in the series we love, but I'm just about as annoyed with her as Tsukasa is at this point. A moment will be chill and wholesome and then her SHRILL voice breaks through.

I get the vibe that I'm supposed to find her antics funny, but I don't. I know she's essential to the plot, but I wish she'd only be there when absolutely necessary and then just go away, or at least have a voice and personality that doesn't instantly kill any warmth I'm feeling when she shows up.
Jan 1, 2021 6:26 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, that stupid sister is gone. Lets continue the normal plot please.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 2, 2021 12:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So really it’s your basic love story, but maybe for anime not so basic, because how many shows in the anime romance genre have our lovers declare their love in the beginning, heck, get freaking MARRIED (despite it being a little weird), and watching their love grow and mature from there? Other than that the show is nothing special. But it doesn’t have to be, just from the basic premise alone we get a plot that is different from the norm. Our perv mc explaining a little what love and marriage is like he’s been in marriage for years, to his junior, didn’t expect that man. Thought this was gonna be a dumb painful trash romance anime, but dang is it actually quite solid

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 11, 2021 1:42 PM
Jan 2021
I kind of feel bad for Chitose, but Nasa and Tsukasa are too cute!!!
Jan 18, 2021 1:47 PM

May 2015
I swear I'm just saying the name of the anime over and over in my head XD. "Tonikaku Kawaii!!! Kawaii!!!!"

God this series is adorable. I'm constantly grinning.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 19, 2021 1:23 AM
Jun 2020
I loved how he explains his love to help with theories lmao the girl convinced!

I'm really into this anime EPIC!
Mar 4, 2021 5:26 PM

Jan 2021
So Nasa-kun finally managed to persuade her, maaan those words were really moving u.u

Well!!! that was also kawaii! XD

Mar 19, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know what is funnier, seeing Chitose trying to break up the couple while her maids are shipping them or on Chitose's 'date' with Nasa, they compete against each other for who loves Tsukasa more.

Jun 5, 2021 11:54 PM
Feb 2020
hisurajk said:
Pls can anyone tell me the name of ending song?
I have been searching it for hours now!!

ED is Tsuki to Hoshizora (The Moon and the Starry Sky)
Aug 1, 2021 4:13 AM

Jun 2020
Chitose never falters to part the two from each other, This is my first time seeing Lime Udon I wonder if there are other variants like Lime Udon

Nasa sleeping in Tsukasa's shoulder couldn't ask for more, She looks so gorgeous wearing that Yukata I like it with the added hairstyle it just complements her charm

They have the same reason as to why they like each other and also their reactions are on point and similar, Nasa really is lucky to have Tsukasa.
Jan 21, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2021
I think now, Nasa managed to convince Chitose to accept his marriage to Tsukasa.
asdasdsadad
Jan 28, 2022 3:29 AM

May 2020
Good thing that sister of Tsukasa's gone now, as she really was getting on my nerves. Also feel like Nasa got too much into theory towards the end there lol.
Aug 4, 2022 1:50 AM

May 2016
Nasa really went, "I love her because the Riemann zeta and gravitational waves", like a total dweeb. He (or more accurately, the mangaka behind him) really knows his stuff, and considering gravitational waves were only observed to exist in 2015 by LIGO, that's a very modern piece of science he referenced. It'd be like if he pulled out pictures of the James Webb telescope or the first image of a black hole.

Nasa-kun best boi
Dec 22, 2022 9:27 AM
May 2022
allahı siktim lol noob
Apr 12, 2023 4:59 AM

Aug 2019
a lot of chitose this ep. she is so cute but her coloring looks kinda bland?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2023 3:01 PM
Mar 2020
first 2 episodes hook you up big time. it shines it brightest when the two leads just have fun together. didnt really like the B plots so much
May 29, 2023 2:38 AM

Dec 2022
Damn the blondie sure is jealous... the only annoying thing is that she just got in their way of spending the day together but I guess if she was around it was bound to happen eventually..
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Jun 2011
Nasa is an incredible character, first the proposal in episode 4, then now this.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Apr 16, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.