Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 13, 2020 12:22 AM

Jun 2020
A new girl join the party. At first I thought she was a guy, well anyway this journey seems pretty good and a lot of wholesome moment happening.
Nov 16, 2020 11:27 PM

Dec 2018
this reminds me of Kiki's delivery service
Nov 22, 2020 10:08 AM

May 2016
Cheeky little Elaina is so adorable.
Really happy so far how this show goes.
Nov 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Aug 2017
Another wonderful episode!!!

Also, I think we're getting too much of those time skips.

Nov 28, 2020 12:45 AM

Jun 2020
Wow the feels of the op and also i love that this episode is like a reflection of the first, Saya seems like a nice person, she also got a finger flick on her noggin from Elaina lol, great chemistry. Seeing her pass the exam was really nice.

It's okay to be alone folks ,knowing how to handle the hard times by yourself is a great trait. But it's also not wrong either to ask for help , there will come a time when help will come when you need it, just don't go messing with others just to obtain it.

Love the little lessons this show gives,don't mind me sharing them here in the discussion Hehe. Looking forward to the next ep!
Nov 29, 2020 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
well that was cute

Elaina is a nice main character, she doesnt feel like she is made up entirely of tropes.

I noticed this show avoids fan service completely, thats a nice change of pace. I have gotten too used to it over time.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 1, 2020 2:12 PM

Apr 2017
Saya was kinda creepy. Did she just spot Elaina randomly and fixate on her? At least it was refreshing to see Elaina find her weird too (like Saya asking to sleep in the same bed). I loved when she flicked Saya on the forehead, because for a moment there I thought it was about to turn into one of those sappy "you did nothing wrong" comforting moments. And Elaina not refusing to have her bill waived was the icing on the cake, lol.
Dec 5, 2020 7:49 AM
Jun 2019
I really liked the Op my second best Op this fall.

It was nice to know that when she bumped to her it was on purpose. (Because these moments always happen)

Nice introduction to saya.

There is nothing much else to say except that it was a good episode.

Huh I wonder where this is going, Looking forward for more.
Dec 11, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
Good and calm episode. Saya deceiving Elaina was obvious but I'm glad she didn't do it with bad intentions. Elaina is a Sensei now!

Looks like its going to be an episodic anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 3:41 PM
Jan 2020
half of this ep pretty gae.. and boring.
Dec 31, 2020 8:58 PM

Dec 2020
I found this to be quite charming, especially since after reading the chapter version of before watching this episode.
Jan 8, 2021 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
Saya was being really cringe and annoying ngl. D:
Mar 15, 2021 6:18 AM

Jul 2015
Elaina really pulled a sneaky there by pushing the mushrooms onto Saya there lol. Elaina has made quite the progress, from being a student last episode to now teaching someone herself.

Mar 20, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2020
EP 2 was simple but nice, i loved it
Mar 20, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2020
SimpLife said:
tottobennington said:
Am i the only one that found Saya really annoying?

Yes she is. When Saya is a dude they will call it harassment.
Saya is fine i don't see a reason to hate lol
Apr 5, 2021 3:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man my anxious self is just wondering if she got her brooch back LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 11, 2021 6:53 AM

Feb 2020
That was so adorable. Saya and Elaina were so cute together. ^^

What a beautiful episode. I'm hoping to see Saya again. :)
Apr 24, 2021 1:26 PM

Jun 2016
Elaina finds herself in the Land of the Mages, with nowhere too stay, due to losing her brooch in a collision with Saya, a witch. Saya stays in the rundown hotel that Elaina finds herself in, and asks Elaina to teach her, so that she can pass the apprentice exam. This, however was all a trick, and Saya had the brooch the whole time.

Not a bad episode. Saya gives off a different kind of energy than Elaina, and I'm ngl, I kind of enjoyed her character. Maybe not the "mushrooms are trees" bit, that was a bit strange. Elaina seems to be an alright teacher, although Saya knew how to do most of the stuff in the first place. I could still see Elaina taking up a teacher role in the future.
A-Simple-SquireApr 25, 2021 4:36 AM

May 4, 2021 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
Once again the show goes completely over the top with the crying. It's farcical.
Shoot first, think never.
May 11, 2021 3:53 AM

Oct 2007
started the anime today. Got episode 2 first..

good start of the anime for me. A city full of magicians.. wow, and flying is encouraged. xD

Elaina is nice enough not to punish the witch that stole her brooch. Even gave her a hat. :)
May 11, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. I saw a couple on the streets.. So there can be witches men, I guess?.. Or how they reached this place?.. Well, maybe witches transported some people here.. ;D Well, I mean, maybe some people wanted to live in some secluded place anyway, and would be perfectly fine with that, who knows.. Or maybe it's males witches after all.. But it seems there are some persons, who are like guards.. And persons who are like working at the hotel.. I don't know, if witches would like to work on a job like that.. Could be anything, but I'd guess not everyone are witches after all..
Honestly, if status is just dependent on some one item like that.. It's kind of unreliable item.. And I imagine that many witches probably lost it at one time or another.. Couldn't they, like, make a database instead, or something.. If you have magic, invent magic storages of information or something..
It's a bit strange Saya's sister left her, to be honest.. Like, why she left Saya alone anyway?.. Well, maybe they had to hurry home for some reason, like to help their parents there, or whatever other reason.. Could be many reasons, I guess..
That's kind of sweet, to be honest.. That Elaina managed to make friend who maybe will seek her in the future..
May 19, 2021 6:44 PM

Dec 2015
I was looking for something like kino no tabi wasted my time...
May 20, 2021 7:14 PM
Oct 2019
eh, it was ok

is this a girl love show? don't understand what made that girl choose the ashen witch, or why she waited until there was only a week before the next exam. she was "lonely"? just odd
Jun 18, 2021 7:14 AM

Aug 2018
I thought there will be a yuri-ish scene but nope, the truth about the badge was kinda surprising, was it a coincidence that Elaina picked the same inn as Saya's work in?
Jul 17, 2021 4:21 AM

Nov 2008
Saying "Please keep teaching me all kinds of things". While holding hands. Together in bed. BLUSHING.
Such blatant proposal of a lesbian sex between teenage girls is not what i expected from this anime.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 16, 2022 9:10 AM

Jun 2020
I knew that there was something fishy right after they got into their "accident", At first I had some suspicions against Saya

I find it hilarious how Elaina hasn't gotten an inn from her first day in the country, So that's why Saya was so scared of her meeting her formally

I do wonder if Saya would've returned Elaina's brooch even after all the times that she thought of her although that's the sweet witch Elaina that I know her for.
Apr 28, 2022 2:59 PM

Jan 2020
So much for all that humility training that Elaina received, I feel like I'm watching Ciri from the Witcher. The Ashen Hair probably doesn't help that connection.

Saya came off pretty annoying, but it seemed like Elaina mostly enjoyed her time as a tutor.

We jumped forward another 6 months, I wasn't expecting so many time skips in this anime though. Not that it's particularly hurting the pacing, but I thought we'd see some general adventuring between events and not just jumping right into them.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 25, 2022 6:18 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, seeing Erina encourage sayu to become an apprentice witch and helping in her training was good.

I give this episode 6/10.
Jun 6, 2022 1:46 AM

Aug 2018
Fafette said:
That was such a sweet episode ! Saya's character really touched me. I like how they aknowledged her action as wrong, while also aknowledging how she isn't a bad person, simply scared and in need of someone to reassure her.
The moral isn't anything new but I like the way it's been handled here.
I also really like Elaina, she is quite an interesting character, a bit arrogant and vain but also genuily caring.
"bit arrogant and vain" I want her to be more arrogant and vain, the way she was confused why she was turn away from hotels was cure like she was not treated like the princess she is LOL
Jun 14, 2022 11:35 PM

Jul 2021
It's understandable why Elaina justifies her reasons why she can't teach her students the other aspects but instead give them the fundamentals and let the students be more open-minded and experimental.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 30, 2022 5:25 PM
Oct 2021
JUST AMAZING, BRO
Nov 22, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2022
Saya best character
May 31, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2022
The little urchin taking advantage of the first person they could was far from endearing. Putting a stranger's life on hold for days because of your own selfishness is far too obnoxious and parasitic.
Jun 24, 2023 12:41 PM

Aug 2019
That felt like a really cute episode šŸ˜Š Really hope we get to see Saya later on, and I like how confident Elaina is so far. Idk it just feels different from what you would normally see and I think I like it

Kinda confused as to why Saya did that though. Did she do make her stay with her so that she wouldn't be alone? I'm not sure I really got that
AlkimiaJun 24, 2023 12:45 PM
Dec 9, 2023 2:46 PM

Nov 2020
I thought she stole her brooch because she wanted to become a witch without taking the exam
Mar 26, 8:32 PM
Mar 2024
Greatest anime ever
Mar 29, 6:47 PM

Dec 2022
exceptionally cozy show. not exactly a visual spectacle but it provides those feels, yes I am feelin'
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.