Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2020 5:39 PM

Dec 2010

wtf is the point of using obsolete fighter planes over jets against an enemy with better tech (ie. the fucking laser beams they shot)

i might as well be dropping a terrorist strapped c4 on them instead then
GoukenslayOct 3, 2020 5:44 PM
Oct 3, 2020 5:57 PM

May 2020
Well, it was a nice episode but idk for me something is missing. The only thing that really caught me up are the girls haha, theyre cute and have a great personality.
Oct 3, 2020 6:30 PM
May 2016
Bleah, dumb plot and awful cgi, I'd much rather see these girls in another show. They just don't fit this one.
Oct 3, 2020 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
What an amazing first episode! This is not what I was expecting at all, but I’m already hooked!

I’m already in love with all the characters!
Oct 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
That was as freaking great first episode! Making the start be double length was a wonderful choice, it really gave us time to introduce the setting and give lots of nice interactions between the characters, I already love everyone.

If the series can keep delivering this mix of good comedy with the obvious drama and fear the setting creates (the freaking Pillars man, spooky shit) this series has a ton of potential... can't wait to get attached hard to the characters all to see them suffering hard later on, oh god.
Oct 3, 2020 8:06 PM

Apr 2019
I get the feeling that the studio is illustrating other countries as stiff and too conforming. the interactions at the japanese base were just so unrealistic it made me cringe. First episode was below average but i'll keep watching I guess

Oct 3, 2020 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't realize how long it would take but I was still satisfied.
Oct 3, 2020 8:47 PM

May 2010
There's....healing elements and the monsters are cute.
Oct 3, 2020 9:05 PM

Apr 2016
It took 10 years, but it looks like we finally have another good show from A1 pictures
Oct 3, 2020 11:13 PM

Oct 2016
It started kinda slow but, it definitely picked up eventually. Some Norse Mythology inspirations, and we got shota Odin in the house.

I liked the 4 main girls and the Tateyama base staff. But, my favorite out of the them all is definitely Azuzu so far, but they are all great.

I didn't know it was going to be an hour long special episode so, that surprised me. Though that was great though, gave a good enough time to establish the characters and the plot. Definitely one of the good shows in this already packed season.
Oct 4, 2020 12:11 AM
Sep 2018
I understand it has to be all girls team, since the god is a pervert. But there should be one good strong male character to make it exciting.

Fights aren’t unique, and the monster are coming from anywhere they want. World building looks incomplete. Hope that in future episode there will be some explanation of rule of monster emerging.

And I can see DEATH FLAG on Miyako's head already. If it turn out to be like as I am thinking, this one would be a huge disappointing one for me.

But you never Know...

Re Zero writter might have many twist to offer with this one...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Oct 4, 2020 12:12 AM
Sep 2018
FullmetalAlias said:
It took 10 years, but it looks like we finally have another good show from A1 pictures

What was the last good one in you opinion from A1?
Oct 4, 2020 12:30 AM

Apr 2016
Ciezul said:
FullmetalAlias said:

Sora no Woto. Coincidentally also a show with a military theme (although much more of a slice of life focus)
Oct 4, 2020 12:33 AM
Sep 2018
FullmetalAlias said:
Ciezul said:

Sora no Woto. Coincidentally also a show with a military theme (although much more of a slice of life focus)

Thanks.

I am going to check it now.

Although I think there were some good shows with A1 in recent years...
Oct 4, 2020 1:33 AM

Jun 2017
I wish Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai had looked like this.

Oct 4, 2020 2:50 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
That was an intense pilot episode but not yet interesting for me. I'm expecting more from the future episodes.

Girls are cute though, especially Claudia. Really love strong blondie babes.
Oct 4, 2020 3:19 AM

Jan 2016
WTF this was great!

Very out of character from what we know Nagatsuki Tappei for but his quality control sure was present
Oct 4, 2020 4:25 AM
Sep 2016
Daisan Hikou Shoujyotai from SHIROBAKO eh, anyone? All with the pillars and stuff (minus the cold war era jets of course).
I wonder if the plot will took a Yuuki Yuuna route
, since this do have the simiiar vibes to the later.
uncleqrowOct 4, 2020 4:45 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 4, 2020 6:40 AM
Oct 2012
Tirinchas said:

kotobuki is way more more more better than this show for sure,and tsutomu-san will cry see this show,splitfire or stuka is better than that great war aircraft,if the creator of this show want to show cute mixed with cool of military aspect,the only good thing from this show is only the cute character design and good dialog,the rest is under 6 of 10
Oct 4, 2020 7:44 AM

Mar 2018
This season has a lot of shows with great first episodes. Majo no Tabitabi, Munou na Nana, and now this.

Story is nothing to write home about but the characters truly shine. Normally I won't give much attention to stuck up cool beauty like Claudia but this show can make me like her enough. Other girls are also full of personality and very likable. It passed my usual test in first episodes of "make me like the characters" with flying colors, which in turn could make me emotional at the last moment when Claudia found out no one died even tho it was cliche. Miko best girl btw.

And one minor thing I found praiseworthy is that they could make in-show terms like "Named" and "Hero Wing" etc understandable without explaining. Normally I would raise my eyebrows whenever a term like that popped up if it wasn't explained but I didn't have that problem this time. They could make the terms followable enough with just action and not info-dumping. (Altho I didn't get most Norse mythology reference/names. Thor and Mjolnir when?) Enemy (Pillars?) designs are also cool and creepy at the same time.

Definitely got me hooked and another show I have to watch out for. Fall 2020 is looking great. Can't wait for Gochuumon S3 and Maoujou de Oyasumi.

Oct 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Oct 2020
We can see the excellent work of the staffs from the 48-minute episode..(I have to say cute girls really attract my interests.)
It is obviously that Tappei Nagatsuki is a good writer.Although it’s the first time he writes the script of an original anime,I still expect the development of the story very much.There are many animations of aerial combat in Episode 1 .How to describe them……I have to say they are average,I mean,they don’t have a refreshing feel.In addition,bgm can’t rock me.Maybe this anime’s major part is girls(?) Well...that’s ok . Another lots of confusing plots like :what is Walküre,what is pillar,etc.We need time to work out these problems.I am considerably interested in where it goes.Excited to see what direction this will head.
[/url]
Oct 4, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
Well, something is that despite lasting around 46 mins, I didn't get bored. That's a good thing.
Thanks to this format, a lot has already been established in this first episode.
The story doesn't seem to be anything new, same thing about Earth being threated by weird creatures, yeah...
As for the characters, the fact that they're a bunch of cute girls bothers me a bit because they don't fit the setting, but I'll try not to pay attention to that issue.
Claudia annoyed me quite a lot in this episode, just too edgy, plus I have an issue with her voice (it doesn't fit her face). But at the end she already received some development, so I'm looking forward to see more.
Miyako is pretty fun and cute, but she's just your generic genki girl. She particularly reminds me of Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds.
Azuzu is probably my favorite for now, I'm not that fond of her biggest tsundere antics but for the rest, she's very fun and quite interesting. However that's really not the personality I expected her to have based on the picture, she gives me ojosama/yandere vibes but it's actually not at all what she is.
And finally, Sonoka... Typical cute shy girl. At least the fact that she's very reckless in battle makes her a bit more interesting than the other characters her type.
Overall I don't really know what to think yet. It looks very average, but some aspects are intriguing. I'll give it a chance.
FafetteOct 4, 2020 10:30 AM
Oct 4, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2019
This was hecking fun to watch. It was well animated and it was fairly interesting
Oct 4, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
fuckinmyname said:
Tirinchas said:

kotobuki is way more more more better than this show for sure,and tsutomu-san will cry see this show,splitfire or stuka is better than that great war aircraft,if the creator of this show want to show cute mixed with cool of military aspect,the only good thing from this show is only the cute character design and good dialog,the rest is under 6 of 10
i do agree here honestly Kouya no Kotobuki was way better than this Strike Witches-wanna-be anime the characters in Kotobuki were OK in my book and the aircraft vs. aircraft fights were way interesting to watch than aircraft fighting some monsters in the sky it just reminds of Kotobuki's rival anime of Winter 2019 i'm talking about Girly Air Force but Mizushima's directing of Kotobuki made the latter anime lose it's charm for that
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 4, 2020 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
Nice!! Starting with a double lenght episode! And a great one also. Can´t wait for next epi
Oct 4, 2020 2:19 PM

Jul 2020
Idk if its just me but I fucking loved this first episode. The op fire as fuck too

Oct 4, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
Putting aside whether it was proper good nor not - since finding the objective in the midst of subjectivity is futile anyway - I enjoyed it. It's a rehashed Strike Witches formula sprinkled with some herbs o' tweaking to keep it fresh and distinct from its roots. And it's an original production, so hopefully there's going to be a proper ending instead of the usual "for further development, buy LN/manga and see for yourself".

"Fun things are fun", as Yui used to say, so I ain't gotta explain shit. 4/5, 'twas fun.

Oct 4, 2020 3:11 PM

Dec 2011
I don't know if I was not in the good mood but I'm really disapponted.
I still waiting a show like GuP or Hafuri where girls pilot plane but here, we have a war against magic monsters.

Ok why not. I will try de watch and make my own opinion.

First minute, jets are ugly and when Odin appears, Jets are really detailled. What's happended ?
We are in war time and you have that idiot who can't stop joking and made mistake about her missiles...
Why can't she be serious during fight ? And she's not the only one who is like that. Even adult military jet pilots keep joking in mission (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Will probably drop it.
War and monsters ruin all that anime.
Raikiri29Oct 4, 2020 3:14 PM
Oct 4, 2020 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
The girls were cute I guess, though it's pretty hilarious if you compare the male and female character designs. It makes them look like they're from completely from different shows. I'll probably forget about this show after another week or so.
Oct 4, 2020 6:12 PM

Apr 2009
Raikiri29 said:
I still waiting a show like GuP or Hafuri where girls pilot plane but here, we have a war against magic monsters.

First minute, jets are ugly and when Odin appears, Jets are really detailled. What's happended ?
We are in war time and you have that idiot who can't stop joking and made mistake about her missiles...
Why can't she be serious during fight ? And she's not the only one who is like that. Even adult military jet pilots keep joking in mission (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Will probably drop it.
well tbh i watch Kouya no Kotobuki Hikotai this anime was better than this show just pure pilot vs. pilot action and no monsters involved

Oct 4, 2020 8:15 PM
Jan 2015
It's like Strike Witches meets The Magnificent Kotobuki (Kouya no Kotobuki Hikotai). It's not anything amazing so far, but I really liked the first half of this first episode. The second half was where it became generic, but the characters are enjoyable and cute and the animation and camerawork for the fight scenes were really good. I don't expect it to be an amazing anime, but it's fun and worth watching for the previously described reasons. It's a fun, although generic, Strike Witches clone.
Oct 4, 2020 10:09 PM

Apr 2009
Raikiri29 said:

Budget restrictions happened. The usual culprit of such production shenanigans.
Raikiri29 said:

Suspension of disbelief - I strongly recommend giving it a whirl. Applying critical thinking to a show about cute girls being cute and deadly is bound to yield disappointment. Not to mention if they really acted all stiff and properly military-like, it'd be such a snoozefest. It's probably just not your cup of tea, and there's no need to justify it (which sounds more like an excuse than a legit reason). To each their own :)

Oct 4, 2020 10:57 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Cast seems like it will deliver some solid fun and I have some hope for a plot to actually appear, so I'll stick with this for at least a few episodes. The double-length premiere was a good choice, since without addition cast chemistry development that the extra time allowed it would have been a pretty flat start.

FullmetalAlias said:
Ciezul said:

I liked Silver Spoon quite a bit; if you haven't watched it give it a try.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 4, 2020 11:27 PM
Oct 2012
Prankster_001 said:
fuckinmyname said:

i do agree here honestly Kouya no Kotobuki was way better than this Strike Witches-wanna-be anime the characters in Kotobuki were OK in my book and the aircraft vs. aircraft fights were way interesting to watch than aircraft fighting some monsters in the sky it just reminds of Kotobuki's rival anime of Winter 2019 i'm talking about Girly Air Force but Mizushima's directing of Kotobuki made the latter anime lose it's charm for that

i still cant find any military fight scene better than gup and kotobuki,even haifuri is still way below what i expect from that two tittle

Prankster_001 said:
Raikiri29 said:

Will probably drop it.
well tbh i watch Kouya no Kotobuki Hikotai this anime was better than this show just pure pilot vs. pilot action and no monsters involved

im agree,kotobuki way more better than this anime
Oct 5, 2020 12:07 AM

Dec 2011
Lustreless said:
Raikiri29 said:

Raikiri29 said:

Suspension of disbelief - I strongly recommend giving it a whirl. Applying critical thinking to a show about cute girls being cute and deadly is bound to yield disappointment. Not to mention if they really acted all stiff and properly military-like, it'd be such a snoozefest. It's probably just not your cup of tea, and there's no need to justify it (which sounds more like an excuse than a legit reason). To each their own :)

Just to say, I like Strike Witches.

I don't ask them to be always serious. In "slice of life part" they could act like every teenagers girls, joking with friends, go out with them.
But in a fight which could be the end of the world... Be a little serious and don't make mistakes.

About budget restriction. Budget restriction from the start of the show and just for the first 10min ? I could understand if it was episode 04 of 05 but for a 45min episode (they got money to made a 45 minute episode). Something weird here.
Raikiri29Oct 5, 2020 12:11 AM
Oct 5, 2020 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
Not bad, not so bad. Episode 1 is very detailed about the story and I am quite sorry for Claudia. Anyway I like it.
Oct 5, 2020 12:31 AM

Apr 2009
fuckinmyname said:
Prankster_001 said:

i still cant find any military fight scene better than gup and kotobuki,even haifuri is still way below what i expect from that two tittle

Prankster_001 said:

And don't forget lad the pancake-loving Kirie ( or Kylie ) from Kotobuki is what makes the show looks interesting and the other characters from Kotobuki had more guts than the characters from Sigrdrifa and looks like Tsutomu Mizushima would end up rolling on de floor laughing on Tappei Nagatsuki's work

Oct 5, 2020 2:41 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
uncleqrow said:
Daisan Hikou Shoujyotai from SHIROBAKO eh, anyone? All with the pillars and stuff (minus the cold war era jets of course).
I wonder if the plot will took a Yuuki Yuuna route
, since this do have the simiiar vibes to the later.

Holy shit I thought I'm the only one who noticed the similarities!

Not here for the lolis this time but for that three stooges Sugita-Nakamura-Kajita trio.
Oct 5, 2020 2:56 AM
Jun 2017
Raikiri29 said:
Lustreless said:

Just to say, I like Strike Witches.

I don't ask them to be always serious. In "slice of life part" they could act like every teenagers girls, joking with friends, go out with them.
But in a fight which could be the end of the world... Be a little serious and don't make mistakes.

About budget restriction. Budget restriction from the start of the show and just for the first 10min ? I could understand if it was episode 04 of 05 but for a 45min episode (they got money to made a 45 minute episode). Something weird here.

Because Tappei want 45min to make a good start then Aniplex ok with it ( he said in twitter ). But they still are small team at all. A1 busy with SAOP, rap battle and other " high budget " now.
Oct 5, 2020 3:04 AM

Aug 2011
Looks like a mix between Muv-Luv Alternative, Girly Air Force & Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai...

It was a really bad first episode.
Oct 5, 2020 4:00 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting start, I'll continue this one.
uncleqrow said:

Damn, that's what I initially thought of by just watching the first 5 minutes
Oct 5, 2020 6:04 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty decent start to a show. Girls are pretty cute too.
Oct 5, 2020 6:12 AM
Oct 2020
Nice first episode would love if they continue with the more than 30 minutes per episode. Also for the plain and bland storyline, I think with a little mix of diversity like some yuri chemistry and crazier action it will be more interesting....who agree with me..
Oct 5, 2020 7:59 AM
Oct 2012
Prankster_001 said:
fuckinmyname said:

And don't forget lad the pancake-loving Kirie ( or Kylie ) from Kotobuki is what makes the show looks interesting and the other characters from Kotobuki had more guts than the characters from Sigrdrifa and looks like Tsutomu Mizushima would end up rolling on de floor laughing on Tappei Nagatsuki's work

that what tsutomu-san always do in gup and kotobuki,he put soul in every character,that every character is completely uniqe,interesting,adorable and most important its feel alive,not like other generic one
Oct 5, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2016
Sugita, Nakamura, and Kajita Mafia all together has to be the best inside joke I've ever seen. Guess I'll have to see this anime to the end now.
Germs_N_SpicesOct 5, 2020 9:45 AM
Oct 5, 2020 11:26 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is clearly NOT made for audience who prefer guys over girls. But I'll stay for a little bit more to see if those 3 guys at the end will get more roles, or their roles are just to die protecting Valkyrie. It's the only value I see in this anime.
Oct 5, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
fuckinmyname said:
Prankster_001 said:

that what tsutomu-san always do in gup and kotobuki,he put soul in every character,that every character is completely uniqe,interesting,adorable and most important its feel alive,not like other generic one
i would agree on this comment for that : 3

Oct 5, 2020 6:30 PM
Nov 2019
Whata generic,its a simple anime with good potential of animation by A1 Pictures,theres good characters,simple script.A1 are not investing so much on that season,(they make amazing animes without cliches and amazing animations but idk why they choosed it now).
Oct 5, 2020 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
seems decent think ill enjoy this more than Girly Air Force funny to get two shows related to planes in one season , characterization of claudy looks promsing so hopefully they do the rest of the characters right,sugita can't die damnit.

only issue is the silly usage of old ass planes regardless of it being blessed by the gods
Oct 5, 2020 11:16 PM
Feb 2018
I did not like the battles neither the girls. I was expecting a Kotobuki with a little of magic, but it's a Magical Girl anime with unrealistic planes. My deception of the season. I will wait some extra episodes, maybe the battles get better or the lore suck me in(or maybe if one of the girls die). But it will probally be a ep3 drop.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

29 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.