Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
Seeing Wally show up at Victory Road really got me these nostalgic goosebumps!
Oct 10, 2020 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Not a big fan of music videos, but damn this one is good!
Awesome animation, song and it was over before I knew it, which is a good sign for me.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Oct 10, 2020 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
I just went to Youtube to see why this anime is ranked #102 on MAL currently, and I still don't know why.

The music is garbage, and the animation is really low quality. I have no idea who any of the characters are in the video, so I don't really know why people are praising this. I dropped it less than halfway through.

Oct 12, 2020 6:08 AM
Oct 2011
Fuseteam said:
FierceVinegar said:

it looks nothing like ash lol
what? because he doesn't have the lightning bolts on his cheeks?
this mv was based on the pokemon video games not the anime so no ash what so ever
Oct 12, 2020 6:09 AM
Oct 2011
animejas said:
Never seen Pokemon in my entire life (don't judge me, I didn't know Arabic as a kid when it aired in UAE), so I don't really have that emotional connection to this music video like pretty much everyone else here.

BUT, from a perspective of a music video, a solid one. The visuals looked really nice, the song from BUMP OF CHICKEN was really good too and everything just felt playful, wacky, creative and fun.

I may not be seeing Pokemon till I have a kid in forever, but for a music video alone perspective, I enjoyed it regardless.

Gave it a 7, so I enjoyed it more than most anime this year and its a damn MV. If I ever see the franchise and catch this MV again, I'd upgrade the rating.
this isnt based on the anime its based on all the games that has been put out.
Oct 12, 2020 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
The animation and song was simply beautiful. Bump Of Chicken have always been my favourite ever since 1st opening song of 3-gatsu no lion.
The animation was so beautiful I am craving for more!!!!
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Oct 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
hinata3487 said:
Fuseteam said:
what? because he doesn't have the lightning bolts on his cheeks?
this mv was based on the pokemon video games not the anime so no ash what so ever
i've read the manga, i confident i would recognize red and the gang xD
red is doesn't interact like this with his pickachu for example :p

Oct 14, 2020 12:57 AM

Nov 2019
wow wow wow I don't know what to say other than absolutely amazing. This is THE best music video I have ever watched
My childhood all packed into this 3 minute video, all champions I have defeated playing the games the characters I have used the rivals I have watched grown with together, the endless amount of poke balls thrown to capture a legendary.
The difficult experience when fighting Red for the first time and of course all of the pokemons I have used in the games throughout the games.
666Oct 14, 2020 1:03 AM

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Oct 14, 2020 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
The nostalgia blast was too much for my head to handle, I literally could not keep up with the video cause I kept remembering a lot of stuffs while seeing the OG characters we play as time and new gen goes by...
One that stands out the most to me other than Red and Gold going at it was how contrast SM to BW was, the SM cast were literally dancing and had that cheery bright atmosphere around them and suddenly we get into the BW protags being the complete opposite, having that dark,gloom and serious vibe from Touko's (Hilda) eyes looking straight at N with Reshiram on his back and N's eyes showing Touya (Hilbert) with Zekrom, damn that shit gave me too much chills.

Addicting music, amazing animation, this was by far the best Pokemon AMV I have ever seen! thank you for this!! now 2020 doesnt feel so bad.
Oct 17, 2020 3:07 AM

Nov 2013
Seiya said:
have no idea who any of the characters are in the video, so I don't really know why people are praising this.

That would be the main problem, the video is pretty much just a nostalgia trip.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 17, 2020 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
abystoma2 said:
Seiya said:
have no idea who any of the characters are in the video, so I don't really know why people are praising this.

That would be the main problem, the video is pretty much just a nostalgia trip.

I haven't watched Pokemon in over 20 years, and the only Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Red on the original Game Boy back in the late 90s, so this music video means nothing to me.

Oct 19, 2020 11:24 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
What a pile of hot garbage, I guess ''muh nostalgia'' is enough to give anything 10/10's no matter how shit it is.
Oct 20, 2020 3:06 AM
Jun 2017
This shit is craaaazzyyyyyy
Oct 22, 2020 6:02 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
askjdskh I'm just happy to see my son and his friends! Praise Hau! Aggh they're all adorable!

Gosh, I wish the Sun and Moon anime was pretty much like this. OTL I mean do we reeeally need Satoshi? Lol Or like, idk he can be in there. I guess he could have taken Sun's place or just have it be Hau, Satoshi, Gladion, Sun, Moon, and Lillie. But, I guess what's done is done... :_; It's just great to see these kiddos playing around. ;^;

HAU-EVER, aside from seeing my Alola favorites, this was actually a bit hard to follow. Everything moved so fast-- I actually even had to just slow the video down just to catch my precious son's essence or like... see what was even happening in a lot of the scenes. I mean, it's nice that they did a whole throwback thingy, the visuals are nice, but it kinda means nothing if you can hardly see it at regular speed.;; It's not even a "watch multiple times to catch everything" thing, it's just... you can't see what's going on!;;
So this kinda came off as overwhelming if anything.
The song was okay. Kinda meh, but hey.

I'll take the Hau + MoonLillie tho/10
SwiggyNov 6, 2020 4:37 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 23, 2020 2:29 AM

Sep 2013
Good animation, the song could have been better though.
Nov 3, 2020 11:52 AM
Feb 2017
I only just got around to watch this and man, was I late to the party. As someone who stopped playing the games after Gen 5 (As a kid, didn’t have enough for 3DS), I still felt very nostalgic as I would every so often still keep up with what was happening in the games. Regardless of that, this music video was amazing. All the callbacks to the rivals, protagonists, gym leaders, champions, events in Pokémon history, it was so well-done. The transitions were also amazing and so smooth, as expected from Studio Bones.

Pokémon Company can we get a new, mature storyline for Pokémon and drop Ash? They probably never will as they want to milk it as long as possible and keep their demographic focused on kids, but I would die to have something new.
Nov 10, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
They really went overboard with the color pallet and visual effects, it felt like they were trying to cram as much visual appealing elements as possible (to the point of oversaturation), within the time that was set for the music. The result was a amalgamation of too much going on at once without giving time for the viewer to be able to process what is happening.
It also didn't felt like we got to appreciate the positive aspects of each generation, but rather just get little glips and references here and there as it fastly travels from one scene to the next without anything linking them nor bothering to expand those scenes.
But whatever, maybe this is just me and my disconnection with the franshise that makes me incapable of appreciating it...
Nov 25, 2020 8:26 AM
Apr 2016
For a music video, that was some incredible animation. I understand the rating better now, but it's still weird that a music video is rated so high.. I guess it's nostalgia for y'all.
Nov 29, 2020 10:34 PM

Oct 2019
This MV was so good! I went back and rewatched it 5 times, many scenes were so explosive and left a huge impact. It was almost like the MV was representing the passing of time, displaying all of those characters and all of those awesome moments. After all of those years, this MV was like my whole journey. It makes me wonder sometimes, why can't the main pokemon show be this good? Honestly, they should've just rebooted pokemon with just these two characters as the main leads. I'd want a 12 - 24 episode show of this, please bone studio, make it happen!
Dec 13, 2020 6:54 PM

Jul 2020
Oh nooooo don’t make me watch Pokemon again the nostalgia is piercing through my heart like crazy
Dec 27, 2020 9:47 PM
May 2009
Pokemon isn't the household name that I would associate with visually impressive animation, caught me by surprise.
Dec 30, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2019
cool short video i guess

Jan 23, 2021 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Great music video. The visuals were amazing.

I really miss Pokemon. Maybe I should watch the whole thing from the start.

Jan 23, 2021 3:41 PM

Dec 2018
The pure nostalgia is just incredible! Rie Matsumoto Is a genius!

Feb 19, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
Havent seen or even played pokemon except for maybe 1 of the games and this was absolutely beautiful

Feb 22, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2019
Seiya said:
the animation is really low quality.
You can dislike the mv, thats fine, but saying it has really low quality animation is just completely dumb and wrong.
Feb 22, 2021 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
VP2003boi said:
Seiya said:
the animation is really low quality.
You can dislike the mv, thats fine, but saying it has really low quality animation is just completely dumb and wrong.

So, I'm "dumb and wrong" because you disagree with me? Lol.

Feb 22, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2019
Seiya said:
VP2003boi said:

Well again, no. The animation is objectively super well made, its literally a fact. Again you can say you didnt like it, thats fine but saying it had low quality animation is 100% wrong.
Feb 22, 2021 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
VP2003boi said:
Seiya said:

Well again, no. The animation is objectively super well made, its literally a fact. Again you can say you didnt like it, thats fine but saying it had low quality animation is 100% wrong.

No, it's not. Look at the characters walking about 5 seconds in. The animation is horrible. There's nothing special about it. People only like it because they like Pokemon.

Feb 22, 2021 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
Seiya said:

No, it's not. Look at the characters walking about 5 seconds in. The animation is horrible. There's nothing special about it. People only like it because they like Pokemon.
Thats not even badly animated ahahahahahah, its actually pretty decent character movement, the only "bad" thing is that they dont move from the background, which is understandble because if they did, it will look janky as hell, as that is literally impossible in animation. And i do agree that scene is the worst in the mv, but thats just because the rest is literally a masterclass of animation ahahaha
Feb 22, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
VP2003boi said:
Seiya said:

Thats not even badly animated ahahahahahah, its actually pretty decent character movement, the only "bad" thing is that they dont move from the background, which is understandble because if they did, it will look janky as hell, as that is literally impossible in animation. And i do agree that scene is the worst in the mv, but thats just because the rest is literally a masterclass of animation ahahaha

Um, no, it's not.

Most of my favorite anime is from the 70s & 80s, and most of those anime are still animated better than this, and the 70s & 80s anime character designs are much better as well.

Feb 22, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2019
Seiya said:
VP2003boi said:

Um, no, it's not.

Most of my favorite anime is from the 70s & 80s, and most of those anime are still animated better than this, and the 70s & 80s anime character designs are much better as well.
Uhhh ok? Its not because an anime is old that has necessarily bad animation ahah there are a lot of old anime that still very much hold up today, the most famous one being obviously akira, so that argument just sucks ahah. In terms of character designs i personally really like them, they are made by yuki hayashi, which is also a pretty good animator, still tho, character designs tend to be more subjetive so you not liking them doesnt affect me much (although making character designs too complex can lead to less animation overall thanks to harder designs to draw, so there is some objetive things to consider about it).
Feb 27, 2021 11:54 AM
Dec 2014
One of the greatest music videos I've ever seen
Mar 6, 2021 6:32 AM
Nov 2020
This is masterpiece, no doubt!
Mar 6, 2021 6:35 AM
Nov 2020
Seiya said:
VP2003boi said:

Um, no, it's not.

Bruh you are just here to spread hate lmao. I mean, it confirms it when you said you're favorite anime from 70's had better animation. Talk about being a retarded lmao or perhaps seeking some attention
Mar 6, 2021 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
NeverGoneXD said:
Seiya said:

Um, no, it's not.

Bruh you are just here to spread hate lmao. I mean, it confirms it when you said you're favorite anime from 70's had better animation. Talk about being a retarded lmao or perhaps seeking some attention

Um, no, I'm quite serious.

Also, you've ranked almost all the anime you've seen a 10, so why should I take you seriously? :P

I don't want to get into an argument here, so please don't respond to this.

Mar 6, 2021 6:46 AM
Nov 2020
Seiya said:
NeverGoneXD said:

Um, no, I'm quite serious.

Also, you've ranked almost all the anime you've seen a 10, so why should I take you seriously? :P

I don't want to get into an argument here, so please don't respond to this.
Yeah, I gave good rank to almost all the anime I have watched but so what of it? Also, I don't quite get it how the animation seems to be bad for you. I mean, just look at it dude this shit is better than the animation of main series🤷‍♂️
Mar 31, 2021 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
As someone who hasn't played Pokémon since Gen 2, most of this means nothing to me, though I did recognize a few other characters thanks to their popular on social media (namely Cynthia). The animation was great, with a lot of kinetic energy to the visuals, guess I shouldn't have been surprised to hear that Rie Matsumoto was the director behind, it has her energy all over this. The song itself is just okay though. 7/10.
May 7, 2021 7:22 AM

Dec 2018
I am speechless..........................that was most of my childhood squashed into 3 minutes. Why didn't I watch this sooner.
Jul 6, 2021 5:01 AM

Oct 2010
This is the best 3 minute video I've ever seen
Jul 15, 2021 12:39 AM

Jul 2020
The nostalgia man the nostalgia, back when I was a child I'd binge watch seasons of pokemon everyday, I almost Shed a tear to how nostalgic this animation is
Aug 10, 2021 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
Thank you matsumoto rie and Bones.

That was pretty great, the nostalgia hit hard.
Nov 3, 2021 9:15 AM
Jun 2017
I get so emotional each time i see this clip
Nov 18, 2021 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
So damn overrated. People say that this was the best anime of 2020. Laughing my ass off
Feb 3, 2022 7:47 PM

Feb 2021
I fricking loved it. Can't believe that I'm seeing such an amazing video by BUMP OF CHICKEN.

I mean holy fuck! The whole video was packed with so many references from throughout the series. The starting scene where the 4 lads were walking on the railway tracks, it's definitely a reference to the in-game dialogue when we interact with the TV in Pallet Town. It says "Four boys are walking on railway tracks...I better get going too!"

I just love this video. This has to be one of the best animations I've seen too. I mean that fluidity and vibrancy were outstanding! So many in-game characters were shown. I loved the part where the Champions were shown with their Ace Pokemon. I really wished this was a full fledged anime series.

Feb 3, 2022 7:53 PM
Dec 2021
Hands down one of the best MV's out there. Really wished this was a full fledged anime.
Feb 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Feb 2020
I liked the visuals.
Apr 28, 2022 8:27 PM

May 2021
Reminded me of the first time I played FireRed. Amazing with brilliant animation.

May 31, 2022 11:17 AM
May 2022
I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend watching this at .25 playback speed on YouTube. It really makes you appreciate Studio Bones' amazing work.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Nov 22, 2022 8:44 PM
Jul 2021
Dude what the fuck. Why are you even asking me this. THIS IS THE SHIT.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.