Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2020 1:01 PM
Apr 2017
The source material of GoH is not that great, to say the least, so I applaud MAPPA for doing the best they could, but I seriously hope this doesn't get a 2nd season, and those resources are used on adapting actual good stories.
Sep 28, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2012
These 1 cour anime adaptations are ruining great manhwa... Super rushed with many things being ommited from the original source... Anyway, let's see what they do with Noblesee
Sep 28, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
Glad this trainwreck is over with. MAPPA can go back to making good anime now.
Sep 28, 2020 1:09 PM
Nov 2019
This final episode was amazing and redeem itself to some extent but not enough to go past 6 in my ratings. So overall score : 6/10.
But I'm hopeful, that if ever it got second season my ratings will increase since it looks like that it will be amazing looking at that politics that happens at the end and the adventure to find god and to battle them.
Nonetheless it was rollercoaster ride
Sep 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Feb 2020
i don't have to force myself to watch this now woop woop

the ending was cute i guess

wow! sudden power up - how fascinating!
Sep 28, 2020 1:20 PM

Apr 2015
Wow it was already terribly rushed in the first 10 episodes, but these last three were even worse. So many fights and I could barely understand what was happening, like how Jin Mori was revealed to be a god or the US missiles firing or where some people from "The Six" appeared from. Crunchyroll really made a horrible decision to force 110+ chapters into 13 episodes, many people are getting turned off from reading the original material.

Just want to give major props to MAPPA for the amazing animation, shame the manhwa adaptation had to turn out like this. 6/10, at least it's entertaining to watch if you just shut your brain off and it wasn't the worst anime I've watched this season. RIP Noblesse next.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 28, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
It was ok I guess. 7/10. Kinda got lost mid way through and didn't really know what was going on, it also felt really rushed. I find a lot of people are gushing over the fight scene but honestly I don't think it was that great, okay at best. The source material is apparently very good so I will likely be reading it next.
Sep 28, 2020 1:29 PM
Nov 2018
What a shame, I like the 1st half of the anime, but the last few episodes just a disaster.
I didnt read the webtoon so i had absolutely no idea whats going on and so many things unexplained.
Sep 28, 2020 1:33 PM
Aug 2020
Nycro said:
sabtred said:
yall haters if you dont like the anime refrain from commenting your bum ass opinions cause no one wants to hear them

Wrong. I came to this thread solely because of them.

exactly. the fact that literally every statement is about how flawed the show was proves how flawed it actually was
Sep 28, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2019
Finally over. I cannot believe I had actual hopes till episode 7 or so...
Sep 28, 2020 1:50 PM
Oct 2007
As an action show.. this is impeccable. Any action fans (or even sakuga) lover should definitely watch this.

You can feel that the author/creator is trying to fit everything that he personally likes into his story but that makes it a train wreck at the same time. The limited episode/time allocated to the show doesn't help it out.

It's not often that we see a show with this much production value and that made me can't decide my rating easily. I'm going with a high score nonetheless, anything less than a 5 is an insult to the production studio in my opinion despite everything else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2020 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
Last couple minutes after jin wakes up were hype but other than that... I feel like they just rushed everything... I enjoyed the first half but after that it just felt like a speed train.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 28, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2020
I feel like I just watched 3-4 episode of content in the 24 minutes we got. It's a shame that the beautiful animation especially the fight scenes gets wasted on a story that started decent but then accelerated at warp speed at the end.

What was with the epilogue? Park wants to take over South Korea? Who were those 2 guys shaking hands? Are people just growing to brush aside that the US launched hundreds of nukes to kill a god? If everyone didn't die from the explosion, then everyone should be dead from radiation.
Sep 28, 2020 3:04 PM
Feb 2018
This shit fucking sucks!
Sep 28, 2020 3:09 PM
Nov 2019
The animation and the fights were really great, but I wasn't invested in them. That's about it, messy writing, only watch if you want to gawk at some cool fights
Sep 28, 2020 3:10 PM

Apr 2020
They had me in the first 3 episodes ngl. It's like they hid how bad the story was going to be.
Sep 28, 2020 3:28 PM
Mar 2014
As I expected. Anime should stay in Japan. There was so much wrong with this that i dont even know where to start. The soundtrack was the only good thing about it however I like my anime op & ed in Japanese please, not your k-pop shit thank you very much.
Sep 28, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
Oh well, i enjoyed Tower of God more than God of highschool, mostly because at the end it was really hard for me to understand wtf was happening.

Crunchy has a long way to go, but i think they started with something good here.

Cool fights and character designs.

5/10 i would watch a second season
Sep 28, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2018
Hum! What I can say about this anime ... except it's shit
served on a silver platter by Mappa.
Will never see a 2nd season ... NEVER !
Sep 28, 2020 3:50 PM
Jan 2015
What the hell was that final fight ost, probably worst ost choice ever, what were they thinking, a final fight against some sort of corrupted incarnation of god and they decide to have some weak pop shit as background music...

Overall, this anime was a rushed mess with a non-existent story, 4/10, glad it's finally over, not sure if I have any hope left for Noblesse, with the performance of the last two adaptations.
NobleDogySep 28, 2020 3:56 PM
Sep 28, 2020 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
Armados said:
lapine05 said:
you cant carry shit with animation

Tell that to Kimetsu no Yaiba fans ;)

Here hoping that God of Highschool never gets adapted again. We don't need another shitty series to become mainstream like Dragon Ball Super did.

Demon Slayer had: Lots of cute girls, interesting characters, and a decent plot. This show has none of those things.
Sep 28, 2020 4:15 PM

Aug 2015
Verty_ said:

Demon Slayer had: Lots of cute girls, interesting characters, and a decent plot. This show has none of those things.

Demon slayer have no plot, the only interesting characters are Tanjiro, Inosuke and Giyu, and the cute girls, well, that´s fair if you like them under that artsyle.

---------------------------------------
4/10

Basically animation and fighting with no plot. The ost is as kpop as it could be, the characters are uninteresting (besides Ilpyo and Daewi, which I don´t even know why I like) and the opening is horrible. In the end Mori is Sun Wukong and that´s it, I didn´t understood a single thing after the preliminars were over (and the anime didn´t even put effort into adapting the plot, so it was just fighting).
Sep 28, 2020 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
Mori touches himself to gain strength, lame.

I want to give it a 6 for the first half, but the last couple of episodes were so bad, I have to give it a 4.

The budget on this is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Sep 28, 2020 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
WOW last episode was bomb:X
overral 9/10 art sound character story are all perfect
but becuse of Crunchyroll we it didnt get 24 episode thats why director forced to rush the story so fast to end it up in 13 episode for now
but overral its psycho:XXXXXX

At the end to all haters that dont have endurance to see this anime get pass from theire favorite anime that have alot of Prejudice on it and blinded becuse of that

you can just leave the anime page brah
no one didnt forced you to come here and hate speach
you just made it worst and advertised this anime:xD

so yeah cant wait for Season 2 i hope they give it a good 24 episode season to prove haters that the story is perfect

good luck have fun

Sep 28, 2020 4:48 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Oh hi there, it's another replica of the Chinese Monkey King.

Look up "Sun Wukong"
Sep 28, 2020 4:50 PM
Aug 2020
AlMiraj said:
but becuse of Crunchyroll we it didnt get 24 episode thats why director forced to rush the story so fast to end it up in 13 episode for now

At the end to all haters that dont have endurance to see this anime get pass from theire favorite anime that have alot of Prejudice on it and blinded becuse of that

so yeah cant wait for Season 2 i hope they give it a good 24 episode season to prove haters that the story is perfect

good luck have fun

I hope you’re being sarcastic about the plot being perfect, the webtoon is understandable for being not perfect but decent and mostly good, but anime? Hell no, that’s an L, but it’s your opinion at the end of the day
Sep 28, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Yikes.

This show took a random turn and I'm not entirely sure what's happening or where they're trying to take this. Action was fun to watch, but story/plot pretty bad.
Sep 28, 2020 4:59 PM

Dec 2019
This show was so fucking boring and confusing , at least if they had sticked to the original premise It would've been just boring. Keep it simple next time.
Sep 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Sep 2020
Ofcool2947 said:
AlMiraj said:

good luck have fun

I hope you’re being sarcastic about the plot being perfect, the webtoon is understandable for being not perfect but decent and mostly good, but anime? Hell no, that’s an L, but it’s your opinion at the end of the day

brah so you dont like anime becuse its webtoon and not manga?
come man we are in 21
Sep 28, 2020 5:07 PM
Feb 2014
As some who only watch the anime it was decent as a mindless fun tournament arc anime. It still felt rushed in the end and pushed a lot of information in the last 5 - 10 minutes for another season. It felt off in the delivery especially in the last fight as well.
Dokia
Sep 28, 2020 5:07 PM
May 2020
I don't like to play the hater or the hardcore otaku role (btw...don't want to get involved with this cult LOL) as I saw in many comments.
Anyway, critics serve a purpose. In fact, I agreed with some of them but other statements were just lame and pointless.
I've got confused with the story development.
The fights and some references were enjoyable.
The more options we have as spectators the better.
If you don't like a certain show don't watch it.
It's as simple as that!

I'd like to check the webtoon before forming a strong concept of this series.
AG-AstrogamesSep 28, 2020 5:12 PM
Sep 28, 2020 5:13 PM
Jul 2020
YO YO YO WHO DECIDED THAT THE LAST COUPLE CLIPS WOULD BE A THING NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO( I mean right after Daewi, Mira and Mori are on his rooftop)
Bro don't do that whyy I hate when these things happen. It's confirmed he's gonna die now after they fight and do all that shounen shit, FUCKKKKKKKK

I was kinda delirious while watching this episode due to fasting for 25 hours, but it was fantastic^^

Excited for what will come next!
Favorite Characters: Shim Bongsa and Park Mu-Jin

Sep 28, 2020 5:22 PM
Aug 2020
AlMiraj said:
Ofcool2947 said:

brah so you dont like anime becuse its webtoon and not manga?
come man we are in 21

When did i ever say i hate webtoon?, and what does manga have to do with this webtoon anime? here lemme rephrase my quote “the webtoon is understandable for being not perfect but decent and mostly good” there i stated that the webtoon may not have a perfect plot meaning like 100% perfect but a least it’s a decent plot many people can comprehend, the anime version of the webtoon made the plot dumbed down, and a bit off from the webtoon, most of the anime only watchers barely understand what is happening, i’m assuming the ones that understand it must have read the webtoon beforehand
Sep 28, 2020 5:27 PM

Jul 2020
Well that was a decent ending i guess - the action has consistently been impressive throughout the show. Too bad the fighting was never able to make me care about the plot or characters though. I wouldn't mind a second season, but I am certainly not actively hoping for one. Overall Tower of God was a far more impressive show to me than this, so I would rather that get a second season or for a new webtoon to be adapted in the future.
Sep 28, 2020 5:36 PM
Jan 2015
The God of Highschool: Hot garbage, but emphasis on the h o t

There are 3 things you need to know about this show:

1. The characters are lackluster and corny
2. The plot is nonsensical
3. The visuals kick so much ass

How high was the budget for this show?? Mappa for some reason went hard as fuck with the fight choreography and animation. The fights are balls to the wall, extremely well-directed and produced to One-Punch-Man quality. They absolutely CARRY this show and it's a delight to watch.

Think Kakashi vs. Obito. Saitama vs Genos. The fight choreography is nearly at that level which is really saying something.

It's just too bad they're totally meaningless in context.

The anime condenses almost 100 webtoon chapters down into just 13 episodes. The story definitely takes a hit for it. The pacing is terrible, the plot strung loosely together, and I have no idea why anything is happening. This show with a 26 episode run could have been pure perfection.

The plot and the underdeveloped characters couldn't get me to care very much while all the cool shit was happening. I would love to see the fight choreography/animation of this show paired up with the storytelling and emotional beats of My Hero Academia--that'd be a match made in heaven!

If you're a Sakuga Slut like me, you won't be disappointed with this show. Character designs are slick as well. And if you're into relgion, this show boasts plenty of cool religious elements, imagery, and figures.

I'd say check it out if you liked the Hunter x Hunter tournament arc (because GoH is a tournament anime) or Dragon Ball Z (because GoH is a relatively shallow fighting anime). What you see is what you get with this one, great for leaning back turning the brain off and seeing some cool ass fights.

Plot: 4/10
Character development: 6/10
Animation: 9/10
Art style // char design: 8/10
Final Rating: 7/10
Sep 28, 2020 5:38 PM

May 2010
What a twist!
Who would have thought that the mc literally had been Son Goku all along?
(pretty sure most of you dont get it)
Sep 28, 2020 5:50 PM
Jul 2016
So they Nuked the whole city but... not really.... Since the end scenes show the population back in city. How did the population just return to normal after being insta-teleported and witnessing a Nuke explode in their city.

Daewi got stabbed by the 'god' guy but.... not really.... next scene was him standing up after Jin was crying about how he will avenge Daewi... who was actually just fine and looked as good as he did in episode 1.

God of Deus Ex Machina should've been the title. Literally nothing happened to any of the 'good' guys, or the city even after buildings were thwarted, explosions left right and centre etc...

Nothing mattered. Not even the highschool or the highschool tournament. The fights weren't even spectacular because this 'godly fighting' was already given to us in the tournaments, and since all the characters always seem to shrug off any impact, kick or punch or special ability, even GOD HIMSELF fighting leaves the audience with nothing to measure severity, consequence or scale of an attack. They just fly through concretes and building completely unscathed and continue fighting with 100% stamina, 100% resistances, 100% defence. It only changes if the author decides it does.
1/10
Sep 28, 2020 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
So much missed potential.
Here's the S01 mini-review:

Story: C+
Fights: 1st half: A |2nd half: B
Art: C+
Characters: B- (Good mix of personalities; MC had good energy; introduced WAY too many characters too fast)
Character Development: C-
Character Designs: B-
Pacing: 1st third: B- |Rest: E+
OST: C+ (Pop AF; disgusting; earlier episodes had some interesting electronic ambience though).
OP: A (Amazing energy; excellent sound design; gets old quick due to lacking inspiration and any complex emotion)

This felt SERIOUSLY rushed, like 4 seasons into 1. Build-ups to the fights in the second half were shit. A fight should be the climax to good story, there was no such story. Bad action to story ratio. Just compare this finale boss with Meruem, lol. It's a fair comparison as they were clearly trying to imitate the style of HxH.

At the end they tried to give us a reason to want a S02, GOD that felt unnatural and out of place. Much like that woman who healed everyone.. like, "who the fuck is that?!" There are so many characters I don't even know who's new anymore. The guy who trained MC the pressure points, what kind of a person is he? Do you like him? Is he interesting? Well I wouldn't be able to say. It's like a REALLY shitty version of Netero. I was at first excited about this teacher character as he had a LOT of potential, but whoever was in charge of the vision of the anime really fucked it up. This anime had SO many great elements. Either the original creator had little skill in storytelling, or the studio doesn't understand anime and wanted to put as much as possible into one season. Either way, it's clear they didn't have clear communication between departments. Knowing the Korean/Japanese culture, even if 90% of the staff see massive obvious issues, they won't say anything to big scawy management. That would be taboo..

Overall: B / B+ (Just because It's still the 2rd best original anime of the season, tied with Maou Gakuin Hutekigousha)
vruprSep 28, 2020 6:16 PM
Sep 28, 2020 6:58 PM

Oct 2008
High budget animation is about the only thing this series had going for it. The story was incoherent until the very end. Nothing explained, random things happened, random people showed up and fought and left. Would probably enjoy it much more if it wasn't so hyped up. This is one of those shows you have to turn off your brain to enjoy.
Sep 28, 2020 7:15 PM

Aug 2020
the plot was kinda rushed, but glad they kinda explained it in the last episode. it should have been a 24 ep, now we badly need s2.

Time to read the webtoon, what chapter should i start?
Sep 28, 2020 7:20 PM

May 2015
Wtf happened to this show? Like it was always fast paced even from the beginning, but you could at least understand what was going on. These final few episodes however were just a completely incoherent mess. I don't know how anyone at MAPPA or CR thought it was a good idea to cram so many chapters into only 13 episodes. There was no way that was gonna work out. The production values were honestly wasted on this subpar adaptation. 4/10

Sep 28, 2020 7:22 PM

Jan 2018
Looks like they've somehow managed to insert comedy in this last episode. It was quite ok but it will be forever overshadowed by the first one.

Hmm, I was expecting proper development of that tournament but instead we get to see this. The last two episodes really threw confusion at us.

I hope they still learn to adapt properly instead of rushing it.

7/10
Sep 28, 2020 7:34 PM

Sep 2019
That fight was definitely cold but it doesn’t make up for everything wrong about this show. Wish it was better, gonna peep the webtoon for sure though.
Sep 28, 2020 7:35 PM
Jun 2017
Well nice final episode...

overall i love the fighting scenes on this one but the overall this lacks a story. its just like watching some fight scenes without knowing what are they fighting for.

overall 7/10 for me
Sep 28, 2020 7:40 PM

Jul 2020
One of the worst shows I watched this year.

Thanks for the eye-candy Crunchyroll.

4/10

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 28, 2020 7:52 PM

Feb 2020
Thanks god it's finally over. This was truly painful to watch and I still wonder how I made it through without dropping this anime.

Sure, the animation was nice but the everything was just so boring and confusing that even good animation can't save this show.

I get that it's based on a Manhwa and it's hard to adapt but it doesn't excuse how rushed the pacing was and the way the characters were not likeable in any way. If we compare GoH with Tower of God wich was also adapted after a Manhwa, it's clear to me that Tower of God did better. ToG was in no way a masterpiece, it was average at best, but at least it kept me interrested enough to go read the original work after I finished the anime.

Anyway, this anime was nothing but a waste of time and i'm glad it's over.

3/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:37 PM
Sep 2020
I hope there is a second season of the god of high school
Sep 28, 2020 8:38 PM

Jan 2015
I'll miss the ending ost.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Sep 28, 2020 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
What an ending! I can't believe that this anime actually delivered so much quality!

As expected Jin became even more OP and basically turned into Monkey King! Damn, that was so badass, especially his "magic" stick.

The most OP squad, hope we can see more of them.

I do hope for a 2S, especially after that ending, where apparently Jin will have to fight his grandpa...
Also, wonder if that guy who saved everyone managed to survive.

What a great run this was! Really getting more interested in watching Korean adaptations, they are delivering some pretty good content! Especially when it comes to music!
9/10
The ultimate trio
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 28, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Talk about something that started off promising and then dropped the ball not even three weeks into the run. I knew it was gonna fall apart once I started reading the webtoon side by side, but holy shit. So much context was lost and removed that you had to literally piece together the strands that they ran with for this series. It set itself up to become a big thing, just like with Tower of God, and then fell apart at the seams the end of the day. Flashy action and a decent (yet inconsistent) OST basically compiled this horrendous trove of an adaptation. Web Toons are generally free to read via the Webtoons app so do yourself a favor and read it, this anime is a dumpster fire and the finale basically sums up how stupid the past few weeks was with a promising series.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.