Forum Settings
Forums
New
Monogamy or Polygamy?
Sep 13, 2020 4:00 PM
Aug 2018
I tend to take a traditional stance when it comes to relationships. I wouldn’t feel comfortable knowing my partner is getting plowed by other dudes, so I would wish for my partner to not do anything sexual or romantic with other guys. I would expect her to not cheat and I would completely understand if she didn’t want me to cheat either.

So I prefer monogamous relationships.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2020 4:06 PM

Dec 2016
Monogamy, can't deal with the drama from multiple women
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Sep 13, 2020 4:10 PM

Jun 2020
Monogamy, we're in the 21st century, no?
Definitely wouldn't be happy if my bitch was getting plowed by other guys.
Sep 13, 2020 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
Promethazine said:

Who says the relationship was sexual?
Sep 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Jul 2016
I want multiple wives and they are also free to have sex with each other to put on a yuri show for me.

Women with multiple husbands would have yaoi show then.
Sep 13, 2020 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Monogamy, having to put up with one woman in my life is more than enough.
Sep 13, 2020 4:28 PM
Aug 2018
ProfessionalNEET said:
Monogamy? Polygamy? I've been a strict follower of nogamy all of my life.

Lol same, except for like two online girlfriends but I don’t think that really counts. If I was to be in a relationship though I would like it to be monogamous.

Sep 13, 2020 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
It's 2020, traditional sex is overrated.
Sep 13, 2020 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
SargonTheGreat said:
BallistikJuice said:
It's 2020, traditional sex is overrated.
Nah since its 2020 primate style orgies arent gonna fly

Orgies have been overrated since the Fall of the Roman Empire.
Sep 13, 2020 4:36 PM

May 2013
Monogamy for sure, regardless of how difficult that may actually be. Less drama.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 13, 2020 4:38 PM
Dec 2017
monogamy for me since the idea of seeing my partner being promiscouous with one guy from another makes me sick to my stomach.

Sep 13, 2020 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
SargonTheGreat said:
BallistikJuice said:

Orgies have been overrated since the Fall of the Roman Empire.
Didn't the roman soldiers have buttsex orgies to strengthen their bonds? or was it the greeks I don't remember.

I think it was in the "Code of the Samurai" to do buttsex with their comrades because fucking women means you are a week.

No Greeks were pedo-bears fucking little boys, etc.
Sep 13, 2020 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
monogamy since im a jealous guy

Sep 13, 2020 4:41 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Voted polygamy because monogamy is overrated.
Though when raising a kid it's better to stay focused if you're no king in a position where you must produce specific gendered heirs.

Sep 13, 2020 4:41 PM
Sep 2019
I chose monogamy...it just seems simpler to deal with than polygamous relationships. It's less effort expended, easier to track, and less demanding.

Can you imagine trying to introduce everyone in a get-together xD lmao. I can see that getting really tiring + trying to keep things positive between multiple partners with multiple tastes and different opinions among one another....gaaahh that just sounds so annoying to deal with.

I'd rather spend quality time with an SO than have to spread my time thin and risk being a let down.
Sep 13, 2020 4:48 PM

Apr 2020
Personally I'm monogamous but I have nothing against polyamoury/polygamy. I'm just bad at sharing.
Sep 13, 2020 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I’m fine either way but if we’re talking about a serious committed relationship - I prefer them to be monogamous. Wouldn’t mind my ex living with me and my bf though. Not suggesting anything, just saying.
Sep 13, 2020 5:00 PM

Oct 2017
I'm neither a cuck nor a degenerate so monogamy ofc

Sep 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
I'm fine with consenting adults being in whatever relationship arrangements best suit them.

When it comes to long-term relationships, polyamory isn't for me so I'm monogamous
Sep 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Jun 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
Promethazine said:

I did, I'm being realistic here. You really think people aren't going to fuck?
Sep 13, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2018
Miss me with acting like a dog in heat all the time.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 13, 2020 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
ProfessionalNEET said:
IpreferEcchi said:
I want multiple wives and they are also free to have sex with each other to put on a yuri show for me.

Would you let your wives fuck other dudes? If so, would you watch?

Yes and yes. Sex has nothing to do with love.
Sep 13, 2020 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Polyamory isn't for me. I like the validation that comes with knowing that I'm enough for my partner and, if I were to end up in a polyamorous relationship, I'd inevitably end up feeling jealous and insecure.
Take care of yourself

Sep 13, 2020 7:13 PM
Feb 2020
Polyamory is for blue haired teen girls with daddy issues trying to stick it to their parents, and gross middle aged fat dudes with tangled neckbeards who think polyamory gives them access to said confused girls (when in reality 99% of the time it just gives them access to other gross fat middle age polyamorists)

Sep 13, 2020 8:55 PM
Feb 2017
Promethazine said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Who does that in the first place?????
Sep 13, 2020 9:01 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Polygamy, of course, as long as I'm the only one who is allowed to have multiple partners.
Sep 13, 2020 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
Polgamy, I wanna have threesomes bro
Sep 13, 2020 11:13 PM

Jun 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
Promethazine said:

What point are you trying to make? LOL
Sep 13, 2020 11:22 PM
Feb 2017
Promethazine said:
BlakexEkalb said:

What point are you trying to make? LOL

Who goes into relationships wanting to do that?
Sep 13, 2020 11:29 PM

Mar 2016
Monogamy, too many men can be annoying.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 14, 2020 12:00 AM

Mar 2019
SargonTheGreat said:
Monogamy wtf polygamy is degeneracy whos that big of a primate that they dont have the self respect to not fuck multiple people are once.

Speaking as someone who has a very high sex drive, I really don't think there's any excuse for promiscuity/polygamy. There's no reason why people can't just have their sexual needs fulfilled by a monogamous partner. Polygamous people are just greedy is what it amounts to.

IpreferEcchi said:
ProfessionalNEET said:

Would you let your wives fuck other dudes? If so, would you watch?

That is simply not true. Humans beings are literally designed by nature to pair bond with the people they have sex with. If you have emotional feelings for a girl, the amount of pleasure, satisfaction and general feelings of bliss you get out of sex with her is ridiculous even compared to how much you get out of casual sex. Its like 5x-10x higher.

People can have sex without being in love, but to say it has nothing to do with love is just patently false. A lot of people with low or even medium sex drives don't get much satisfaction out of sex they have with people they are not in love with and for girls particularly, being in love can really change their sex drive sometimes transforming it from a low sex drive to a high one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2020 12:03 AM

Oct 2017
I don’t know what these words mean

Sep 14, 2020 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
Not sure how I will personally feel about being in that kind of relationship, but if consenting adults agree to a poly relationship, who am I to get in the way of that?

@Zixyph

A monogamy relationship is a relationship that has exclusively 2 people in it that agree to only be romantically involved with each other. A polygamy relationship is one that involves romantic relations between 3 or more people.
In other words...
Poly: 3 or more people in a romantic relationship with one another
Mono: 2 people in a romantic relationship with one another

To be clear, polygamy refers to marriage. Polyamory refers to the more general range of romantic relationships, not just marriage.

Important to note is that an open relationship isn't the same as a poly one. Poly can involve sexual exclusivity to your romantic partner/s just like mono relationships. Meanwhile, an open relationship states that you can have sex with people outside of those you partnered with romantically aka people outside of the main relationship.
removed-userSep 14, 2020 1:12 AM
Sep 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Sep 2017
I'd kink shame the shit out of someone who wants polygamy.
Monogamy of course.I'm neither cuck or something nor believe in weird 2020 trends
خ
Sep 14, 2020 12:43 AM

Jun 2020
I love polygamy if it's worth running my dick through thousands of (cats).

However, I still prefer monogamy when it comes to something personal and wholesome.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Sep 14, 2020 2:28 AM

Jun 2020
Polygamy of course! Mo' holes mo' fun. And just because you have multiple wives doesn't mean that they will cheat, what if all of them are loyal? I'd love polygamy.

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 14, 2020 3:35 AM

Jul 2015
I sweated, cried and bled to get back the love of my life, I'm certainly not gonna share or squeeze girls I don't love for fun.
Sep 14, 2020 3:39 AM
Oct 2018
One partner is probably enough for me.
--
Sep 14, 2020 4:32 AM
Aug 2018
Zixyph said:
I don’t know what these words mean

Monogamy is when you have one partner, and polygamy is when you have multiple partners.

Sep 14, 2020 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
Peaceful_Critic said:
Not sure how I will personally feel about being in that kind of relationship, but if consenting adults agree to a poly relationship, who am I to get in the way of that?

@Zixyph

A monogamy relationship is a relationship that has exclusively 2 people in it that agree to only be romantically involved with each other. A polygamy relationship is one that involves romantic relations between 3 or more people.
In other words...
Poly: 3 or more people in a romantic relationship with one another
Mono: 2 people in a romantic relationship with one another

To be clear, polygamy refers to marriage. Polyamory refers to the more general range of romantic relationships, not just marriage.

Important to note is that an open relationship isn't the same as a poly one. Poly can involve sexual exclusivity to your romantic partner/s just like mono relationships. Meanwhile, an open relationship states that you can have sex with people outside of those you partnered with romantically aka people outside of the main relationship.
Thank You! Um I guess I’m mono something then. But I’m not all about the marriage stuff I guess.

Sep 14, 2020 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Had to look up wolhat the words mean, but I prefer the latter so I can have a threesome or maybe even a foursome (jk)
Sep 14, 2020 11:45 PM

Jan 2017
Monogamy, as I am much too jealous of a person to share a partner.

If other people choose polygamy I don't care, consenting adults can do what they want it just isn't for me.
Sep 15, 2020 3:27 AM

Jan 2014
I think that if you really love someone, you can't be poly...
Sep 15, 2020 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
Ryuk9428 said:

Speaking as someone who has a very high sex drive, I really don't think there's any excuse for promiscuity/polygamy. There's no reason why people can't just have their sexual needs fulfilled by a monogamous partner. Polygamous people are just greedy is what it amounts to.

The more you have a sex with same person the more level of dopamine drops and sex becomes boring and stale.
This is why sex is most frequent and passionate at the beginning of the relationship and as it goes it becomes more and more rarer.
This is why dead bad rooms are a thing.

IpreferEcchi said:

That is simply not true. Humans beings are literally designed by nature to pair bond with the people they have sex with. If you have emotional feelings for a girl, the amount of pleasure, satisfaction and general feelings of bliss you get out of sex with her is ridiculous even compared to how much you get out of casual sex. Its like 5x-10x higher.

People can have sex without being in love, but to say it has nothing to do with love is just patently false. A lot of people with low or even medium sex drives don't get much satisfaction out of sex they have with people they are not in love with and for girls particularly, being in love can really change their sex drive sometimes transforming it from a low sex drive to a high one.

Love is overrated. If you look at animal kingdom polygamy dominates, there is nothing to suggest that monogamy is natural.
Men are design to spread their genes and to sleep with as many women as possible.
Just look at Genghis Khan it's estimated that 1 in 200 men are his direct descendants.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan
Nation is as strong as it's denizens.
Women are naturally attracted to men with superior genes.
Sexual competition forces men to improve and ensures that best possible genes are spread.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
I gotta have a few concubines you know
Sep 15, 2020 7:37 AM
Small Black Frog

Jul 2020
Monogamy.

I prefer one amazing, the one and only partner than several shallow "toys".
• あきらめないで •

slice of life / drama / mystery / supernatural / fantasy / sci-fi / comedy

Sep 15, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2019
FreeThought said:
Ryuk9428 said:

The more you have a sex with same person the more level of dopamine drops and sex becomes boring and stale.
This is why sex is most frequent and passionate at the beginning of the relationship and as it goes it becomes more and more rarer.

Love is overrated. If you look at animal kingdom polygamy dominates, there is nothing to suggest that monogamy is natural.
Men are design to spread their genes and to sleep with as many women as possible.
Just look at Genghis Khan it's estimated that 1 in 200 men are his direct descendants.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan
Sexual competition forces men to improve and ensures that best possible genes are spread.

And you think Ghenghis Khan is someone to look up to? The guy was a murderer. I don’t care about how many people are his descendants.

Pretty much every society that doesn’t want to become violent and full of crime and warfare has realized that laissez fair sexual competition between men is a terrible idea. All polygamous societies have been extraordinarily violent societies and you don’t need to look into the historical past to realize that is true because it’s still true today.

Monogamy was designed to reduce sexual competition and it has been the most successful civilizing force in our history. Thank God for Christianity because without Christianity we’d probably still be sticking each other with swords in gladiator combat.

Sex is plenty fun with a single partner for your entire life. Just ask the Dugger family, they certainly don’t seem to be having any problems. People attracted to promiscuity are generally people with weak oxytocin releases. People with strong oxytocin releases get more pleasure out of having sex with their partner when they have been with them longer and have no desire to be fucking around all the time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2020 11:14 AM

Nov 2009
Ryuk9428 said:

Monogamy was designed to reduce sexual competition and it has been the most successful civilizing force in our history. Thank God for Christianity because without Christianity we’d probably still be sticking each other with swords in gladiator combat.

Did you miss the 2000 years of infighting between every European country, and all the violent crimes Christianity caused?
Sep 15, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2020
Ryuk9428 said:
FreeThought said:

And you think Ghenghis Khan is someone to look up to? The guy was a murderer. I don’t care about how many people are his descendants.

Pretty much every society that doesn’t want to become violent and full of crime and warfare has realized that laissez fair sexual competition between men is a terrible idea. All polygamous societies have been extraordinarily violent societies and you don’t need to look into the historical past to realize that is true because it’s still true today.

Sex is plenty fun with a single partner for your entire life. Just ask the Dugger family, they certainly don’t seem to be having any problems. People attracted to promiscuity are generally people with weak oxytocin releases. People with strong oxytocin releases get more pleasure out of having sex with their partner when they have been with them longer and have no desire to be fucking around all the time.

I didn't say you have to look up to Ghenghis Khan I listed him as a fun trivia.
Many prominent christian figures were also murders.
They were product of their time.

The more religious country the more violent it is.
Many majority christian countries are quite violent just look at south American countries.

Actually Christianity has set us back considerably, especially with regards to technology.
Did you forget the middle ages.
Christianity also arguably played an important role in the fall of roman empire.
Which was another thing that sets us back.
Christian societies were also historically quite violent.
Remember the crusades and all the all the wars over religion in Europe.
The 4th crusade was probably most egregious when they ransacked the Byzantine another Christian city.
And then didn't offer them any help when Ottomans invaded.
It's probably the lowest point in Christian history, just thinking about it pisses me off.
Also don't forget Christian doctrine that having sex is only for the purpose of reproduction.
You would probably be seen as sinner their eyes.

Many muslim societies especially during the gold age of islam from 8th century to the 14th century were quite successful and don't forget the Ottoman empire.

Women have less sex after they have children, it's a proven fact.
What you're going to do when your wife refuse to have sex with you?
Just look at r/DeadBadrooms and their stories.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadBedrooms/
But ultimately if you want to be betabux be my guest.

There are pros and cons to everything.
In general I'm not against monogamy I just think it's time to face reality 1950 are long gone, monogamy in today society wouldn't be the same as back than.
Today if you want marriage and monogamy your best bet would be to move somewhere like Japan.
Monogamy and marriage are dead in west.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 15, 2020 3:41 PM
Jul 2020
IpreferEcchi said:

ik u probably dont care, but that is pretty lgbtphibic. Im a bisexual girl, and one thing that is very annoying and offensive is when ppl, mostly boys ofc, keep making our sexual orientation into fetish. U saying u want a lot of girls having sex w each other to make u an yuri show is pretty stupid and sexist. Ofc, u can fantasize about whatever u want, but as a bi girl i cannot see something offensive like that and not reply. Maybe that makes u think about it from our point of view.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

38 by Meusnier »»
19 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

51 by scarydragon »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

47 by Meusnier »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 1 hour ago

5 by _Nette_ »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.