Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 7, 2020 2:46 AM

Nov 2019
I hope it isn't. Especially since most vegans are super annoying and don't respect meat eaters. Plus being vegan isn't as healthy as most people think. Our bodies need the proteins we get from the meat. You can't fully substitute them with plant-based products. Some of my vegan friends even had health issues simply because of that.

I'm not lying.
                    I'd never lie.....
                    Perhaps
Sep 7, 2020 2:47 AM
Dec 2019
it isn't. when I think of vegans, all that comes to mind are the really extreme, close-minded, overly emotional ones that are all over the internet and loathe anyone who doesn't share the same views as them. I know there are normal vegans out there who aren't crazy but the vegans that have the loudest voices are the crazy ones. there's no way veganism or any 'ism' can be the future if it's led by radicals
Sep 7, 2020 2:52 AM

Feb 2011
Considering that most vegans I've encountered are bad tempered or have terrible personalities in general I'm very skeptical about the whole thing and this topic doesn't help to reduce this stereotype at all. Future when being annoying is the norm doesn't seem bright to me.
Sep 7, 2020 3:16 AM

Mar 2020
I feel like Veganism is a fad that is going to fade away in a few years.
Sep 7, 2020 3:24 AM

Sep 2017
Arin-san said:
Ah shit, here we go again

The amount of based in this video is unbelievable
خ
Sep 7, 2020 3:56 AM
Jul 2020
i'm a vegetarian and for some time i considered becoming a "hard core" vegan meaning eating everything plant based, not buying fur and such...

i also would get in arguments with my ex-boyfriend and friends because of it, looking back i can see that i was being kind of "brain washed" by veganism.

don't get me wrong tho: i actually think those who decide to become vegans to become healthier and to save the animals are admirable people but i think there's a lot of pressure in the vegan community to be vegan and to judge meat eaters, which doesn't really make sense cause most vegans were once meat-eaters.

do i think veganism is the future? well i think veganism will be more and more present in our lifes, there will definetly be more options for vegans and it will be more common however i don't think it will be the "future" because we can't simply change the eating habits of millions of people who come from different cultures.

i myself hope that i can one day be vegan or at least eat a more plant based diet, dropping diary and such because i felt the health benefits of just being vegetarian right away and i also don't want to contribute to the torture of more animals, i have always felt a strong connection to them.

people should be free to eat what they want, i just think forcing people to drop meat and blaming them isn't the answer. it's ok to have friendly discussions about veganism but we shouldn't pressure others to change their habits because at the end of the day most of us were thought to eat meat.
Sep 7, 2020 4:15 AM

Apr 2015
My grandfather, and in part myself hunted his own food and had it properly prepared by a butcher 8/10 of the time because he just didn't believe in farming ethically or idealistically, he was a more "hands on" kind of guy, but also understood that him, and his ancestors liked, and required meat to survive most of the time - hell that's why our jaws have evolved the way they have.

I don't think veganism is "the future", but I do think even more options will appear more which is great, but there's way, way, way more other species to eat instead of typical livestock - hell I believe a few years ago they were testing cricket pancakes and other such creatures to be integrated into common foods. Nah, I think we're fine.
Sep 7, 2020 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Salty-GB said:
Vegan food is yum unless they're trying to replicate meat. That fake stuff is nasty... just eat vegetables that look like vegetables. This burger place i used to frequent had this delicious vegan burger with a patty that was essentially just like... diced vegetables with sweet potato as a bonding agent and fried. Now they've switched to a "can't believe its not beef!" patty and it sucks.

I don't understand this either. A lot of my daily food is vegan, except I need eggs, diary products or cheese, without replacing meat. But a lot I cook is still mostly vegan, because I eat a lot of vegetables for a meal and I eat meat or fish just once or twice a month in a restaurant. The meals I cook rarely require meat in first place, so I don't need to replace it.
For my daily meals it's akso too expensive and the cheap meat not only tastes boring and watery, because the animals never could ran around and train their muscles, it's also produced in very questionable ways, from the hygiene to the overuse of antibiotics to the ethics of such low prices.

But I also don't like to replace milk with rice milk or the like. I like to drink rice milk as a drink itself, but I just don't like it in my muesli or to bake with it etc.

I eat a lot of eggs but I'm lactose intolerant so I avoid dairy when possible. I have cheese sometimes and buy lactose free milk on occasion for baking needs. I don't dislike meat or have a hate boner for the meat industry, I just really like the taste of vegan food. It tastes very... Homely I guess? Like when I bite into a veggie curry or miso eggplant or a veg pasta dish I feel something the same dish but with meat doesn't give me.

That being said, I really like duck meat and have it every few months. I also eat fish fairly often (maybe once or twice a week?)
Sep 7, 2020 5:28 AM

Jun 2020
Fatephile said:
Arin-san said:
Ah shit, here we go again

Ah, another word that is made up and overused by people with no facts to back their arguments up, I love the internet.

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 7, 2020 5:33 AM

Sep 2017
Arin-san said:
Fatephile said:

Ah, another word that is made up and overused by people with no facts to back their arguments up, I love the internet.

Damn, here I thought you could drop your 25 IQ redditor act for a minute.
Shoo shoo, go back to your SAO threads
خ
Sep 7, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Fatephile said:
Arin-san said:

Damn, here I thought you could drop your 25 IQ redditor act for a minute.
Shoo shoo, go back to your SAO threads

dnt worry I gotchu buddy

Sep 7, 2020 7:02 AM
Feb 2016
@_Maneki-Neko_ Excuse me but what is wrong with my post? I just gave some of the very general arguments and included footage of what happens. I never blamed the individual consumer, they are not to be blamed for the cultural upbringing which ingrains eating animal products or the fact that factory farming is something that happens behind our backs, out of sight out of mind. However do you expect people that care about the issue to just sit back and shut up? Why would you expect that from any other political movement? But sure if vegans are talking to like a friend, coworker, stranger, etc they should try to be civil, patient, and understanding of the larger mechanisms going on, I think Earthling Ed does that well.
Sep 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Mar 2019
Yeah, it should be.

There's already a theory out there which states if we get stuck w/ another global pandemic it's gonna be due to the unhygienic conditions of factory farms.

I'm fine w/ switching over to beans etc... And hopefully there's some plant-based diet which would work for those who are allergic. (Haven't heard of many allergies like that. Gluten is as bizarre as I know of.)
Sep 7, 2020 7:07 AM

Oct 2014
Eventually plant based products will imitate the original so well that we won't even tell the difference. That will also let us eat meat from animals we normally couldn't, like endangered species, or get milk from animals that are too dangerous to milk regularly.

I've been a vegetarian my whole life, but I don't want to give up milk or eggs. They're too important to my diet.
Sep 7, 2020 7:17 AM

Mar 2019
I mean you may have a lower risk of Heart disease but a larger chance of getting a fucking stroke. Thats due to the lack of B12 in vegan diets. Honestly I don't give a shit if I'm eating some poor cow, I'm at the top of the food chain and there down at the bottom, so we should just eat healthy balanced meals of meat, wheat and veggies, like how the food pyramid says so.
Sep 7, 2020 9:08 AM

Dec 2016
Well, I belive that artificially grow meat is the future so yes, veganism is the future.
heh.
Sep 7, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2020
If it is it's going to be very dark and dystopian 1984 future.
Becoming vegan is a huge missed steak
I'm a second hand vegan, cows eat grass I eat cows.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 7, 2020 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Boxxo said:
@_Maneki-Neko_ Excuse me but what is wrong with my post? I just gave some of the very general arguments and included footage of what happens. I never blamed the individual consumer, they are not to be blamed for the cultural upbringing which ingrains eating animal products or the fact that factory farming is something that happens behind our backs, out of sight out of mind. However do you expect people that care about the issue to just sit back and shut up? Why would you expect that from any other political movement? But sure if vegans are talking to like a friend, coworker, stranger, etc they should try to be civil, patient, and understanding of the larger mechanisms going on, I think Earthling Ed does that well.

Less about you and your post, but some vegans come across as extremely delusional and extreme. Such people are always their own worst enemies, because annoying and looking down on people won't make them interested in something that's important to you and in general for climate, their own health etc. Vegans, who got a dichotomy in their world view won't come far, like either you are a vegan and great, angelic human being or you are A MURDERER AND PSYCHOPATH. xD
Sep 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
Illuminatli said:

Seriously, it's easy. Be vegan.

Gross, no. It is not "easy" for a picky eater lol. I don't even WANT to know what vegan cheese tastes like; fuk dat shit, bruh.

The Bible says we can eat meat so that's what I'm gonna do. :p

The reason why I'm such an asshole is that I don't believe vegans are capable of respecting other people's freedom of choice.

RIGHT? THEY DON'T. I've never seen a more intolerant group...well...non-vegan SJWs are bad too....idk xD

Sep 7, 2020 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Amffy said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Less about you and your post, but some vegans come across as extremely delusional and extreme. Such people are always their own worst enemies, because annoying and looking down on people won't make them interested in something that's important to you and in general for climate, their own health etc. Vegans, who got a dichotomy in their world view won't come far, like either you are a vegan and great, angelic human being or you are A MURDERER AND PSYCHOPATH. xD

Not all vegans hate people who eat meat. Don't forget, a lot of people who eat meat have never questioned it their entire lives, so we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Most vegans, myself included ate meat before we went vegan. Some meat eaters are willing to listen and generally have an openness to experience. Vegans have a problem with carnists, who support the use of animals as food and get really defensive

I didn't say that I think?

Yeah but after you told them what benefits there are and they just don't want to change it, you let them be. Otherwise you are just as annoying as jehova witnesses, who knock at your door for the third time.

I also don't want to give up on especially cheese and other diary products. It's not of anyone's business in the end. Everyone must decide on their own on how much they wanna give up, to do something for the climate and all.
Sep 7, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
going full on proper vegan is just too hard. there's too many products that benefit from animal products. shopping vegan only is expensive. going organic is even more so. vegan cheese tastes awful, and i love and need cheese in my life. i'm too lazy and irresponsible to keep up with certain vitamins and supplements i'd need to take to substitute what i'm missing from meats, fish, and dairy.

so.. we're staying omnivore for now. if i come across vegan cheese that actually tastes good, maybe i'd reconsider.
Sep 7, 2020 1:33 PM

Jun 2007
EAT THE BUGS AND SOY, LIKE A GOOD GOY! MEAT FOR ME, BUT NOT FOR THEE.
Sep 7, 2020 1:54 PM

Jun 2007
SargonTheGreat said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
EAT THE BUGS AND SOY, LIKE A GOOD GOY! MEAT FOR ME, BUT NOT FOR THEE.
based, the slaves can eat their soy and become androgynous zombified weaklings all they want but im going to start a chicken farm in my basement.

The Jew fears the indoor cattle rancher.
Sep 7, 2020 2:04 PM

Sep 2017
SargonTheGreat said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

The Jew fears the indoor cattle rancher.
TOP Secret footage of the federal reserve and pretty much most academia.

The comments are absolute gold
"Hidden camera in the White House" lmao
خ
Sep 7, 2020 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I also don't want to give up on especially cheese and other diary products. .

Lol YES. You can pry regular cheese from my cold, dead fingers. xDDD

*cheese fiend*

>:3

Sep 7, 2020 5:23 PM

Jun 2020
Fuck no, although there's nothing wrong with Veganism, I will kill myself if there's no meat for me to eat. I love meat man.
Sep 7, 2020 5:31 PM
Sep 2019
I think in the far future (before we've integrated any cybernetics into the human body), we'll synthesize our proteins, vitamins, etc. We'd have something similar to the Jetson's cartoon (except it doesn't necessarily have to be in pill form).

So eating how we do normally would be how we treat "take-out", which is a luxury expenditure. IMO, in the future, the average folk would more likely than not resort to a super nutritious shake or beverage over cooking traditional meals. Doing meals from scratch would be more of a weekend thing and when we're busy, we'll just do a quick supplement on the go.

As a species, our stomachs may shrink to a smaller size to accommodate the lesser need to process all solid foods. Technologies would do most of our work, which means less of a need for bulkier bodies (less nutritive requirements) and we would evolve into leaner beings with greater thinking capacities.
Sep 7, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2013
No, I don't think it's the future. People from both sides are probably going to keep pushing their preferences until the end of times.
I don't eat meat because I find it repulsive, and I would highly recommend people not to eat meat of unclean animals, like pigs, for example, but veganism is insanity, considering how God allowed us to reign over animals, which means that we can rightfully use them to make products, whereas "animal rights" is just a jargon without any basis that is used by people who never stopped to think about what could possibly objectively justify the claim that animals have any kind of "rights" to begin with, rather than it being just a matter of preference that they want to impose on everyone else through hysteria.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Sep 7, 2020 9:03 PM
Dec 2017
hope to god no soylent green is made outta people

Sep 7, 2020 10:16 PM

Sep 2018
No. The vast majority just don't give that much of a shit about what happens to some animals to get their meat. Yeah, they'll maybe virtue signal on social media a little bit and comment on some inhumane treatment, but it's back to eating meat in the evening....

The simple truth is that people don't and will never care that much.

Plus, meat is too delicious to give up. I'm having spicy ribs for dinner myself.
Sep 7, 2020 10:53 PM
Feb 2020
Vegans still exist? That's fucking adorable. What a throwback to the crazy liberals that existed before they became these infinitely crazier critical race theory zealots.
Sep 7, 2020 11:03 PM

Dec 2019
Not really the future

With vegan trends, we might end up with artificial meats
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Sep 8, 2020 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I also don't want to give up on especially cheese and other diary products. .

Lol YES. You can pry regular cheese from my cold, dead fingers. xDDD

*cheese fiend*

>:3

Yes xD
And fake cheese is an insult to cheeese lol, it's ... endurable, but no.
The yoghurts are okayish and vegan milk is good, if you drink it without anything, but I never would abstain from real milk and joghurt.
Sep 8, 2020 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
No....it never will be haha we will have aritificial meats sure but a lot of stuff can't be made artificially yet
Sep 8, 2020 6:37 AM

Jan 2008
Is this a joke topic?
No, veganism isn't the future.
The future might be meat made in the lab.
But I would never give up meat. It's much too tasty.

Also.. the guy in the first video... soy as hell. I've seen more energy in my lantern then in this guy. Maybe if he ate a hamburger his face would work properly.
Sep 8, 2020 6:42 AM

Oct 2017
Could be, but won't be in my life time and I certainly have no immediate plans to commit to it.
Sep 8, 2020 7:15 AM
May 2020
No. Why would it be? I don't care if you're vegan but the implication that your diet routine is what all people should adopt for the future has no backbone. Most people I know, myself included, are not convinced by vegan arguments no matter how many times we see them, so we have a near zero chance of ever converting.
Sep 8, 2020 7:34 AM

Aug 2018
I don't. Approx. 2 million years of evolution while on an omnivorious diet says enough already.

The only thing that's wrong is how we treat those animals and the fact we do have an overpopulation problem. Now if only the western world accepted eating bugs more... You want to know what the future holds? The future is human extinction, because that's certain. No species lasts forever.
Timz0rSep 8, 2020 7:40 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 8, 2020 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
i wouldn't mind me some Replicator like in Star Trek, for making meaty dishes.
Sep 8, 2020 8:01 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yah, stop waterboarding the cows! Seriously though, no, I don't see most people switching to poor imitations of good foods.
Sep 8, 2020 9:40 AM

Mar 2020
I'm vegetarian, but I just can't give up dairy products. I hate hardcore vegans who promote this lifestyle as being healthier, when in reality, it's not.
Sep 8, 2020 10:58 AM

Aug 2017
I was vegetarian for 6 months and went vegan 4 months ago. I used to be a REALLY picky eater and I would barely eat anything, it was at the point of being embarrassing, that got turned upside down and I'll try almost anything now. It also helped me to be more healthy than I was before, I lost a significant amount of weight, rarely ever sick and have more energy.
I thought I was never gonna be vegan yet here we are lol

The future is vegan 🌱
"Being vegan isn't the most we can do, it's the least we can do." - Earthling Ed
"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal." - Joaquin Phoenix

Sep 8, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
StarWarsWhovian said:
I was vegetarian for 6 months and went vegan 4 months ago. I used to be a REALLY picky eater and I would barely eat anything, it was at the point of being embarrassing, that got turned upside down and I'll try almost anything now. It also helped me to be more healthy than I was before, I lost a significant amount of weight, rarely ever sick and have more energy.
I thought I was never gonna be vegan yet here we are lol

The future is vegan 🌱

You do realize you get sick from not getting essential nutritions that are ONLY in meat?
>lost weight
Or maybe you could just go to gym
خ
Sep 8, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2018
"Is Veganism the Future?"

Nope. Eating bugs is the future (if any).
Sep 8, 2020 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
Amffy said:
Fatephile said:

You do realize you get sick from not getting essential nutritions that are ONLY in meat?
>lost weight
Or maybe you could just go to gym

What are these nutrients in meat that you speak of that can't be found in plants?

B12 vitamin.
Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal products, including fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products. Vitamin B12 is generally not present in plant foods, but fortified breakfast cereals are a readily available source of vitamin B12 with high bioavailability for vegetarians

Oh yeah forgot you don't drink milk too.Well, good luck chewing dry cereals
خ
Sep 8, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2020
eeto
if u r a vegetarian then what do u even eat huh no eggs no butter no milk no meat then what do u eat just eat fucking grass or what the most basic ingredient for cooking (oil) is derived from animals then what r u gonna do just chew the grass directly or eat boiled grass
Sep 8, 2020 11:41 AM

Oct 2018
No its not. If you dont like eating other meat, at least eat fish.

Sep 8, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2008
Another thing; all you vegans brag about "losing weight" but I need to GAIN weight, okay?

I will never go vegan.

Timz0r said:
Now if only the western world accepted eating bugs more...

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. I'd rather starve to death. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

Sep 8, 2020 12:31 PM

Sep 2020
Chiibi said:
Timz0r said:
Now if only the western world accepted eating bugs more...

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

Why not? maybe they are tasty it's best to be open minded.
Plus they are eco-friendly there is no need to worry about climate change.

Sep 8, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
Desiy said:
Chiibi said:

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

Why not?

Because they are gross and the thought makes me want to puke?

DON'T POST GROSS VIDEOS LIKE THAT DAMMIT. WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

25 by _untitled »»
3 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
23 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

38 by Meusnier »»
29 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

51 by scarydragon »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

47 by Meusnier »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.