Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2016
Just checked the poster and it seems they've included Raskreia. Meaning, they're going to adapt Lukedoina till the very end.

After watching the fates of the recently released Tower of God and God of High School, I can very well assume it is not going to go well.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2020 8:20 AM
Mar 2018
Yes, they will. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be another rushed garbage.
malinoski554Sep 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Sep 4, 2020 8:23 AM
Jun 2020
It's not rushed if someone hasn't read the source material

Sep 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Mar 2018
wape said:

Not really. I didn't read ToG manhwa, and yet I felt it was terribly rushed.
Sep 4, 2020 9:22 AM
Apr 2016
Does anyone know if its going to adapt the source material from chapter 1 or is it going to be a sequel to the awakening ova? Thnx
Sep 4, 2020 9:27 AM

Jan 2020
wape said:

Not really, I haven't read the GOH manhwa and it's still nothing but terribly rushed garb
Sep 4, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Striker-3649 said:
Does anyone know if its going to adapt the source material from chapter 1 or is it going to be a sequel to the awakening ova? Thnx

A sequel to the OVA, unfortunately.
Sep 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Mar 2016
Vsegda7 said:
Striker-3649 said:

Are you sure about this?
Sep 5, 2020 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
FateXBlood said:
Vsegda7 said:

Are you sure about this?

I can't remember the source now, but OVA is available for free at anime's official site.

There's also no way for them to reach the stuff in the trailer with just 13 eps without heavily condensing M-21 introduction arc the way OVA has done.
Sep 5, 2020 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
Hm, I see.

Though I guess the studio will either fast forward M-21's introduction or skip it. I hope they skip it, as people can just watch the OVA and be done with it.
Sep 18, 2020 5:14 AM

Mar 2013
malinoski554 said:
wape said:

I haven't read the source material of either series. ToG actually felt slow and boring to me (+ ban just sucks). GoH felt fine and I thought it was kinda crisp tbh.
Sep 19, 2020 6:38 AM
Dec 2014
Lol absolutely, no way in hell they aren’t going to skip like 40% of the sources material
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2020 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
They're going to butcher it
As if there was any doubt in that.
Sep 19, 2020 7:01 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I am confused to why this is A SEQUEL! D:

I thought they gonna do the whole remake and ignore the ova
Sep 19, 2020 7:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I have a feeling this is going to end up being the worst one of the 3 webtoon anime adaptations LOL.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 21, 2020 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
pam pam
i have a bad feeling but i'll still watch it :)))
goh i enjoy because didn't read the original story
but on noblesse i did twice :))))
The spider is watching
Sep 21, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2019
never read tower of god manwha season 1 but the anime was good. then i read the manwha from season 2.

goh is very rushed. i read the first 14 chapters and its very rushed.

so noblesse will be too.

blame crunchyroll its their fault. they are the producers. the studios got nothing to do with the pacing
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Sep 22, 2020 7:41 PM
Apr 2020
Yea blame Crunchyroll for trying to cram 100+ chapters in 12 or 13 episodes
Sep 23, 2020 5:51 PM
Nov 2017
Vsegda7 said:
Striker-3649 said:

Well unfortunately u might be wrong seeing as it shows m-21&24 walking together in a different place then anywhere in the ova so I doubt it’s skipped out a sequel
Sep 23, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 2020
God damn, both series are big disappointments, now I don't have high priority for this anime, but it may be a little bit better than TGoH and ToG, who knows...
Sep 24, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2019
Blame Crunchyroll for squeezing that much into a 1 cour anime. Plus the source material itself isn't very good in the first place... After chapter 400-something it all goes downhill. But they will not adapt those parts anyway.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 27, 2020 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
i'm here looking at all the Fall release thinking oh god this is coming out ??i really haven't been keeping track on the next season outside of haiykuu /and when they cry lol

i'm pressing Mad X to Doubt any of these webtoons coming out regardless of how big and loved they are i don't have faith they'll be done well anymore but hey maybe this will be the one...or not.
Sep 28, 2020 8:30 PM
Apr 2018
Crunchyroll should stop producing these manhwa adaptations. They are the ones responsible for screwing everything up.
Oct 3, 2020 6:38 AM
Feb 2020
Vsegda7 said:
FateXBlood said:

Are you sure about this?

I can't remember the source now, but OVA is available for free at anime's official site.

There's also no way for them to reach the stuff in the trailer with just 13 eps without heavily condensing M-21 introduction arc the way OVA has done.

No, have u seen the 5min video of the anime on yt. It's from the beginning
Oct 3, 2020 7:21 AM

Mar 2020
Agreed. I’d love to be proven wrong, but... you know what happened to ToG and TGOS.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Oct 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
AudioTsunami said:
malinoski554 said:

I haven't read the source material of either series. ToG actually felt slow and boring to me (+ ban just sucks). GoH felt fine and I thought it was kinda crisp tbh.
GoH felt fine? The story was completely butchered. They covered 112 chapters in 13 episodes and made almost 20 nonexistent.
Oct 3, 2020 5:07 PM
Aug 2020
i lost hope in webtoon animes at this point, crunchyroll, this ain't no "test" this may as well be the "execution" of webtoon animes
Oct 3, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Probably, but looks like the idea behind crunchyroll's "test" as the guy commenting above me talks about is actually just that. they're adapting s1 of these manhwas as quickly as they can to see general reception, and increase exposure. In that regard, things are looking pretty great for these series. imo people here are way to negative, everywhere else the majority of people seem to enjoy these shows for what they are.

I get we all have high expectations, seems to be especially those who have read the series, but I think the majority of us are just trying to enjoy these adaptations for what they are and could bring. No shame in that, chin up and look on the bright side
Oct 4, 2020 5:57 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
SparkleDuck said:
AudioTsunami said:

GoH felt fine? The story was completely butchered. They covered 112 chapters in 13 episodes and made almost 20 nonexistent.

webtoons seem to drag on and on, what happens in say 10 chapters can easily fit into an episode. I feel like per chapter, less happens than what would happen in a manga chapter. IDK why.

And a weak adaption is still better than no adaption. If its popular then next show they make gets more budget tbh. And more people go to read the webtoons making those more popular too. Webtoon is still not as big compared to JP anime and manga

Oct 4, 2020 12:39 PM
Jan 2018
No shit. The webtoon doesn’t look good either though, nor do most webtoons hence why I’ve only ever bothered to read one, since it just looks like Vampire Knight with one bishounen lead instead of two.
Oct 4, 2020 10:46 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Animaniaig said:
No shit. The webtoon doesn’t look good either though, nor do most webtoons hence why I’ve only ever bothered to read one, since it just looks like Vampire Knight with one bishounen lead instead of two.

From what I've noticed, many webtoon start off kinda basic but the art style improves as the author gets more practice and refines their style. Maybe Noblesse is an example of this?

Also, I feel like the requirements for getting published isn't as strict as say, manga in Japan. Because it's online nearly anyone can make a webtoon. They definitely have their own style in general, though.

Oct 4, 2020 11:44 PM
Oct 2020
Tower of god felt fine but it has been a while since I read the beginning
God of highschool was super rushed
Noblesse will probably be rushed based on how anti-climatic many parts are, especially at the beginning.
Oct 5, 2020 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
regis is my favorite character and they already made his designs awful. in fact, everyone is degraded from the OVA which is weird because they're both being done by the same company.

regis comparison

not only that his voice is completely off the mark for me as well.

besides that this is just horrible timing, as noblesse is what made webtoon have a name in the first place by its appealing story but as it was over a decade ago there's so many similar stories that look like it that noblesse is easy to pass and ignore.

quercifolia said:
Animaniaig said:

From what I've noticed, many webtoon start off kinda basic but the art style improves as the author gets more practice and refines their style. Maybe Noblesse is an example of this?

that's true but the "official" or "best" designs of the cast was already done perfectly in the OVA, so that can't be the issue.
Oct 5, 2020 12:19 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
TomDay said:
regis is my favorite character and they already made his designs awful. in fact, everyone is degraded from the OVA which is weird because they're both being done by the same company.

regis comparison

not only that his voice is completely off the mark for me as well.

besides that this is just horrible timing, as noblesse is what made webtoon have a name in the first place by its appealing story but as it was over a decade ago there's so many similar stories that look like it that noblesse is easy to pass and ignore.

quercifolia said:

that's true but the "official" or "best" designs of the cast was already done perfectly in the OVA, so that can't be the issue.

I meant webtoons in general, theres a few that had kinda dodgy art that massively improved it over time.

All I can say for this one in particular, is that usually production IG is really beautiful animations. So possibly it's budget issues or production issues if it's not so great.

Oct 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Nov 2009
I truly hope they don't ruin this. This story doesn't deserve the garbage rushed adaptation that GoH got.
Any explanation is worthless to a blind hater, any criticism is worthless to a blind fanboy.
Oct 7, 2020 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Looks gay, is it? A lot of dudes.......
Oct 7, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Collins89 said:
Looks gay, is it? A lot of dudes.......

Not gay. It's just a normal story.
Oct 8, 2020 1:43 AM
Jan 2018
It could so with a bit of rushing, the series is slow
Oct 8, 2020 2:33 AM

Mar 2019
It's CR and Webtoon, this was doomed to fail lmfao
Oct 8, 2020 5:30 AM

Jun 2013
OF course they will. It's practically their signature move with any adaptation lol this was the one series, aside from Golden Kamuy that I looked the most forward to and even I know it's going to be bad.
臭い-
Oct 8, 2020 8:46 AM

May 2019
Aaaannd after all, Crunchy-Toon alliance is proven to be the biggest flop in Anime in years.

A tragedy that match perfectly the year of 2020.

I feel bad for the koreans artists, they did not deserve this.
Oct 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
Rob7 said:
Aaaannd after all, Crunchy-Toon alliance is proven to be the biggest flop in Anime in years.

Hahaha your comment hit right my man! I never read a lot of the korean stuff especially the big name titles. But gave Tower of God a try and got through it but didn't like it enough to give it a read or even watch if another season came out. God of highschool I gave a try but it was so rushed and all over the place I dropped it. Now this just doesn't even look like something I'd give a try and I have no faith in webtoon adaptations now. And I can usually give stuff a try I mean I even read the worst trash chinese stuff!
Oct 8, 2020 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
Don't know what's the problem of you guys! It's obvious they need to cut a lot of the original story to fit into 12 episodes of 20 minutes each - every adaptation works like this. The anime industry rarely adapt many seasons of a series, so it was obvious what was going to happen. Still, even though I haven't read the webtoon, I think the adaptations were very good: it was able to grasp all the story. You are just bitter they rushed the series a bit, but you don't get that Crunchyroll problably doesn't have the money to make many seasons with lots of episodes
Oct 8, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Rob7 said:

What? Episode 1 was the most faithful manwha adaptation yet. Much much better than GoH.
Oct 8, 2020 4:28 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
uh oh, looks like we got yet another good manwha ruined T_T

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Oct 8, 2020 5:04 PM

Mar 2011
Harucchan said:
Don't know what's the problem of you guys! It's obvious they need to cut a lot of the original story to fit into 12 episodes of 20 minutes each - every adaptation works like this. The anime industry rarely adapt many seasons of a series, so it was obvious what was going to happen. Still, even though I haven't read the webtoon, I think the adaptations were very good: it was able to grasp all the story. You are just bitter they rushed the series a bit, but you don't get that Crunchyroll problably doesn't have the money to make many seasons with lots of episodes

Not obvious at all. Why would a western streaming service that is funding original anime even need to follow the same outdated japanese system of 12/13 episodes, which works only as a stupid ad to sell light novels/manga to begin with? Streaming services care about views, clicks and to attract new subscribers. That can only be achieved either by pumping up an insane ammount of original content disregarding its quality, with the occasional hit (hi netflix) or actually invest in fewer but high quality shows (like HBO). Clearly Crunchyroll has not the financial power of netflix, so it would be of their interest to invest in fewer titles (like the 3 big popular webtoons) and make sure they are decent paced adaptations with a satisfying animation.

But being the terrible service that crunchyroll is, of course they would still go with the moronic ad-like anime format, and in the case of Noblesse, did not even bother to put the OVA listed together with the anime. People watch that first episode and go WTF is happening? Did i miss something? Yikes... Something that could be great for the industry, became the joke we see lately. I guess we have to wait a few more years until the japanese finally start to invest in their own streaming platform and finally update their anime model, because THERE IS DEMAND for animations as well. The industry should not be dependent of light novels sales. It makes no sense.
DemonneoOct 8, 2020 5:10 PM
Oct 8, 2020 6:19 PM
Aug 2020
Harucchan said:

You realize these are all ads, crunchyroll just needs to make quick money like the greedy company they are

If crunchyroll “doesn’t have the money to make many seasons” at this point they’re trying to create a tokyo ghoul pathway for these webtoons, the fact that they have to cut out content from the source material just confuses the anime watcher more and when the anime ends, the anime watcher could move on to the manhwa and would see how devastating the anime adaptation is.

Noblesse is so slept on here from the tragedy god of highschool had, it’s sad but all blame goes to crunchyroll for proving how terrible of production committees they are
Oct 9, 2020 3:05 AM

Jan 2018
malinoski554 said:
wape said:

I also didnt read the TOG manhwa and it turned out to be fine. I rate it 8/10.
Oct 9, 2020 3:07 AM

Jan 2018
wape said:

I feel this. Haha. People say that its rushed but im like its pretty enjoyable anime.
Oct 9, 2020 10:24 AM
Jul 2019
Again, why does crunchyroll force these webtoon adaptations if they don't even do a proper job lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.