Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2020 10:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There are too many heartwarming 8man x Komachi scenes this season, not that I am complaining.

Prom has been green-lit! Hikki is still awkward around Yui, well it is his own fault though. At least, Yui is trying her best, as always, to keep a straight face. When she said I want to fulfill Hikki's wish, you could physically feel her pain.

Yumiko is rightfully mad at 8man for not treating Yui well. It seems that Yumiko has also grown a lot, she is still a bitch but at least a little likable now.

The highlight of this episode was definitely 8man visiting Yui's home and meeting with Gahamama.

Shiromeguri senpai is graduating. Sad. 8man's crying face was super hilarious. Loved it. Man, that post-credit scene actually made me nostalgic. Shiromeguri senpai is such a nice person, sniff.

A little chill episode, but a lot of stuff happened. Anyway, three more to go.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 3, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy feeling bothered but still cannot tell his sister.

He doesn't know what Touyama-san's character's wish that mentioned by Yukino. He asked her directly. She doesn't know "wish" but know what she wants. She also wants to make his wish come true, too.

Student council girl helping out w. talk between the two was lol.

Then cake time, w. Touyama-san's character's mother. Fruit Tart, huh.

Suddenly graduation... Main guy is "having pollen" (white lie for crying?)

Prom time next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
Ah that park scene is adorable. Yui and Hachiman's chemistry this season never ceases to impress me. Lol, that Yui's mom though. This season has really been expanding their character relationship that I've been enjoying fairly much.

Komachi also had a brief scene, bring on more of her charm!

Episode is pretty light but entertaining. Now that school year is also near its end with graduation, it's time to look forward to the future.
Sep 3, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
cchigu said:
There are too many heartwarming 8man x Komachi scenes this season, not that I am complaining.
Still not enough, we need more of her.
Sep 3, 2020 10:33 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Iamsokakkoii said:
Hey is it true that they are making a very biased adaptation of final season and cutting out important scenes?
Yukinon fans are very salty since S3 has left out most of her monologues from the novels. It does not come as a surprise to me though, since the anime adaptation has never adapted monologues, but in this season's case, most of the development and understanding of the plot and characters is through the monologues. I feel the pain of the fans but I also feel that these people are overreacting.

Mod edit: Removed inappropriate language.
KuuroOct 6, 2020 1:22 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
Yui's mother is such a tease.
It's fun watching her and it's nice to see that she wants to be a part of her daughters life, it shows she cares.
She also knows how the get reactions from her and Hikki.

Anyway now that they have graduation it seems the prom will be a thing.
The crying scene was funny.
Sep 3, 2020 10:54 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Iamsokakkoii said:
animation production will adapt everything to the best of their capability.
The main problem is that feel. is not adapting everything to the best of their capability! There were many things that they could have done better (esp. Komachi's exam test results, I am still super salty about that). All that said, some of the stuff they have done this season was really spectacular, especially Yui's monologue at the end of E04 and that Hikki's rap sequence.
Sep 3, 2020 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
More Yui episodes please: https://imgur.com/a/FQvnEy8

Last two eps have convinced me to get a Yui Dakimakura.

She, Hiki and her mom’s interactions were gold. Really cute and happy episode.

I’m preparing for pain, but every week I pray for happiness. She deserves the best.
Sep 3, 2020 11:05 AM
Oct 2019
Yui deserves all the love and the studio knows it. Forget Yukino. 3 more episodes people. We’re in the endgame
Sep 3, 2020 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
A Yui episode is always the best episode. I think at this point the studio prefers Yui.

Nice to see Komachi scene at the beginning of this episode. We need more of that.

It was also nice to see Gahamama again.

I'm not ready for the pain Yui will go through. She deserves all the happiness.

Sep 3, 2020 11:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yuigahamamama and MeruMeru senpai brought a warm smile to my heart. Great scene at the graduation party.

I'm not going to get into any shipping wars (I really like both girls), but I do have to say that not including any monologues whatsoever did really do Yukino a disservice this season. Specially last episode, they really should have given more of an inkling of why she thinks and acts the way she does. And why she sent Hachiman on this course. She really is more generous and kind hearted than the S3 might suggest until now. That's all I have to say on the matter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 3, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2019
9 episodes in, still no more than two yukino scenes and this episode was like she appeared for 3 seconds lmao.
Sep 3, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2012
Suddenly, I have a craving for some fruit tarts.
Sep 3, 2020 11:25 AM
Oct 2015
"they are aRe oVerreActIng"
Pfff, if you believe that much with this adaptation. I hope this people won't feel the ending is an asspull later without a clear development in the anime.
Sep 3, 2020 11:32 AM

Feb 2019
Gahamama is truly best tho. I prefer her over yui tbh.

The contrast between gahamama and yukimama is too high.
Sep 3, 2020 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
cchigu said:
Iamsokakkoii said:
Hey is it true that they are making a very biased adaptation of final season and cutting out important scenes?
Yukinon fags are very salty since S3 has left out most of her monologues from the novels. It does not come as a surprise to me though, since the anime adaptation has never adapted monologues, but in this season's case, most of the development and understanding of the plot and characters is through the monologues. I feel the pain of the fans but I also feel that these people are overreacting.

That's pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell, too, sans the part where I've yet to read the LN myself....though I plan to right before next week's episode, hopefully.
Sep 3, 2020 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
Hachiman being rude even to Yui's mom?.. Dude has no shame.. ;D But really, though, you didn't have to assume really about Yui's mom that she's the type of posting flashy stuff at Instagram.. That's very rude, really.. Especially if she's not actually type like that, we don't know, really..
Yui eating that peach was really cute.. Out of all things, this thing is the cute one this episode, lol.. ;P
And tasting food by her mom later as well.. Cute.. I just also hope that they won't run out of food, trying everything.. ;D
Yeah, honestly, this cooking with Yui's mom was the best part of episode so far.. Cute and fun.. ;P
A bit surprised seeing Miura getting teared at graduation ceremony.. She really sometimes appears as tough girl, but also at times shows sentiments like this..
As well as Hikki getting touched?.. Huh..
Ah, a festival by Meguri memories in the end.. That's what got me, to be honest.. So sweet to remember it, and see how this festival was important for Meguri.. ;P
The best 2 things this episode, really.. Cooking time with Yui, her mom, and Hachiman.. And the ending of Meguri's speech.. Nice to see it was a great memory for her, as well as many students.. ;P
Sep 3, 2020 12:04 PM
Jul 2020
cchigu said:
Iamsokakkoii said:
Yukinon fags are very salty since S3 has left out most of her monologues from the novels. It does not come as a surprise to me though, since the anime adaptation has never adapted monologues, but in this season's case, most of the development and understanding of the plot and characters is through the monologues. I feel the pain of the fans but I also feel that these people are overreacting.
it's not just the monologues but also some scenes which are actually important. Like for example they skipped the part where hachiman was looking for yukino and how mentioning yukino's name brought a reaction out of him.
Sep 3, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2020
Yep, Komachi really is the best imouto! Love their brother and sister dynamic so much.

We see in the episode how Miura really cares for Yui as a friend, with her little confrontation with 8man. Pointing to him to "Don't half-ass things".

And finally Gahamama is back! That tart making scene was cute. And damn, that Yui blush when Gahamama said what the'secret ingredient' is, gotta wonder what she was referring to... maybe it was love or something else lol.

The ending scene was really touching with the 3rd year graduation and stuff. I laughed when I saw 8man's teary-eyed face and how the other boys are comforting him.

But yeah, overall a good light-hearted episode of Snafu!

P.S.

If you're a Yukino fan, and you think the anime is focusing too much on Yui, don't worry the wait is finally over. As a fellow Yukino-fan and a light novel reader, I really can't wait for the final 3 episodes. I assure you this is gonna be one hell of a ride :)
krukroooSep 3, 2020 12:37 PM

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 3, 2020 12:08 PM
Oct 2015
flamebc said:
cchigu said:
it's not just the monologues but also some scenes which are actually important. Like for example they skipped the part where hachiman was looking for yukino and how mentioning yukino's name brought a reaction out of him.

hush, he will call you overreacting, Yukino is just a side girl so her scenes are not important. The main heroine of this anime is Yui.
Sep 3, 2020 12:10 PM
Jun 2020
cchigu said:
Iamsokakkoii said:
Well, forget about yukino, the longest volume and best volume in the series(twice as ep 1-8 combined) is gonna get adapted in 3 eps, how do people feel about that, people are complaining because this is all buildup, not just....

Sigh, well, atleast you guys enjoyed this filler episode
Sep 3, 2020 12:13 PM
Jun 2020
Iamsokakkoii said:
cchigu said:

I see. So should probably ignore these things being said since the people saying so themselves are biased and just be faithful that the animation production will adapt everything to the best of their capability.

Thanks a lot!
Wow, you just believed that whole heartedly huh, not actually looking if the anime is....

But whatever, this is filler ep was more important, the biggest volume(twice as ep1-8 combined) in the series is gonna get adapted in 3 episodes now, but sure, yukino scenes is what people are mad about...

A_G_NSep 3, 2020 2:37 PM
Sep 3, 2020 12:17 PM
Jun 2020
Ryuseishun said:
cchigu said:

That's pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell, too, sans the part where I've yet to read the LN myself....though I plan to right before next week's episode, hopefully.
Goodluck, start from season 3 volumes too, you're in for some world bending shit with how different anime is...
Sep 3, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2020
Great Yui episode. Definitely satisfying for me.
Yui and Gahamama really look alike, they really are related xD

What secret ingredient are we talking about Hikki ;)
First Yui's wishes complete, on to the next wishes!

Also, curious what Komachi has in mind as her gift for Hachiman.
Sep 3, 2020 12:23 PM
Oct 2015
The purpose of Yui's house scene in this episode is to provide an ideal situation for Hachiman. That this was what it would be like if he ended up with Yui. Yui is an ideal replica. But as you can hear his monologue.

"If only I could continue living out my days like this, granting all of her wishes one by one... That impossible fantasy played out in my head."

Hachiman felt this was not what he wanted and it was not possible.
In this episode, especially when at Yui's house, Hachiman always looks uncomfortable and pushes himself. He even said in his monologue that when he was with Yui, he just pretended that everything was normal. You can confirm Hachiman's mood when he drinks black coffee instead of Max Coffee. He drank it when he was in a bad mood
Sep 3, 2020 12:25 PM
Aug 2020
I dont get why so many people are upset about having more Yui's screen time than Yuki. This is natural and good to me. They need to stop acting like Yui is a side character and not important to 8man.

Plus, Yuki just broke their relationship so it seems normal that we don't see her this much just after.
Sep 3, 2020 12:40 PM
Apr 2019
Have nothing against this episode aside from another Yukinoshita who looks completely different than before.Really it seems like this is where budget goes,lol.

Gahamama stole this episode,man she is so cute why does she have such low screentime ? I liked when she mentioned "This might be true now,but the season wil still come " (might be a foreshadowing about this whole situation) She is an adult with a fluffy yet mature aura,definitely comes from the "Ara Ara" category !Love her so much,wish she had her own route in the VN.
Sep 3, 2020 12:43 PM
Feb 2017
Utter garbage. 1/10 for the season. I skipped half of the episode and missed nothing. I hope this will be a joke and conclude with Hachi x Yui. Since Yukino hasn't been present for years, there is no meaning in trying to recover all the ruined ground within 3 episodes. Say "you're overreacting" as you please.

At least I'm happy that some people got a season named "YuiHachiCooki"
Sep 3, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2020
ahh yess another Yui Episode
so, yukino is side character now?

I bet komachi understand what happen between those three.

When yui invite hikki to her house, he denied ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),
but after he know that they will make cake, he accept
I hope Gahama-mama have her own route ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but his affection toward yui is because yukino told hikki to grant yui wish, does this count as genuine?
Sep 3, 2020 12:58 PM
Oct 2015
Man, they can adapt a scene where Hachiman is looking for Yukino in the graduation ceremony just for 10-20 seconds, but no! There is no time for a side girl like Yukino, let's adapt Yui's filler scene for 5+ minutes. Ah they also cut Miura blushing scene when Hachiman praised her, but well who care about this girl development, let's make her look bitchy
ShiroHachiSep 3, 2020 1:01 PM
Sep 3, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
More Yui with some extra Gahamama... what more could I ask for!

Man, this season has had so much Yui and I'm enjoying every fucking second of it but at the end of the day, Yui's not going to win so I'm left with a bittersweet feeling.
Sep 3, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my word this episode was precious beyond belief! This episode had plenty of Yui and it made me so happy seeing her have fun with Hachiman. I need more of this!! I swear the moments at her house were great, Gahamama was amazing as well. The pouts the both of them gave this episode was brilliant.

Genetics are amazing!

This episode brought such a smile to my face in a tough week!
Sep 3, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2020
A great Yui episode. The park scene was quite nice, but what really stole the scene was Gahamama! She's so cute and funny, glad she appeared again!
It was mainlya filler fullied episode, I won't complain though, I enjoyed it very much! Also, many people here are talking about the lack of Yukino screen time, in my opinion, after all they went through, like the end of their relationship, if they continued talking and seeing eachother normally that actually would've been weird.
This last few episodes are sure to be a hell of a ride!
Sep 3, 2020 1:21 PM
Aug 2010
Every1s being like either Yui gang or Team Yukino or Iroha cult, but im here craving for dat saucy Gahamama 24/7 <3
Sep 3, 2020 1:24 PM

Feb 2020
What a funny and warming episode...
Have to say it, this one is completely a Yui´s episode (and her mom) and it´s so nice the way she interact with 8man (even with all the stuff)...

Also great to see Komanchi... more familiar time please!!

We´re closer to the end....
Sep 3, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Loving this Yui screen time !!

Komachi and 8man's conversations are the best !!

Gahamama is too funny!

Sep 3, 2020 1:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
8man at Yui's place wow that was great, and her mom is really funny haha I wish she was here during more time
Sep 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2019
Honestly, I'm just hoping for more Yukino screen time as that's what the LN people are saying.

As a stand alone episode, I had a smile on my face the whole time. 5/5.
my life was made with mematic.
Sep 3, 2020 1:37 PM

Jun 2011
Wow I don't know if the source material is just bad or the anime adaption is bad, but the repartitions they are doing is just .... too bad.
I know they are a lot of Yui fans who enjoy this (I am more a sensei fan btw...), but it's going too far. We are at 9 episodes of the season, that is like 2/3 of the season.

In contrario I don't understand why people don't get sicked of it. If you watch from beginning you will notice Yui sticks to Hachiman like a dog (being in same class helps). Oh she owns one... coincidence ? XD

Which is a shame, she would have been better/easier to appreciate (personal opinion) if she was not so heavy or so present.

Well whatever, definitely worst season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2020 1:37 PM
Apr 2020
Once again hachhiman's screen cut

In my opinion in this season studio shows that yui suffering
But actually suffering most is hachiman
I don't believe they cut before yukino and now hachiman
Most of screen are cut about his feeling
Abhinandan2002Sep 3, 2020 1:44 PM
Sep 3, 2020 1:46 PM
Oct 2015
this season will be remembered because of the main character with zero development and the side girl that ends with the side MC 😂
Sep 3, 2020 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
For once an episode that didn't have too much pain and suffering......but I expect that to return in the last few episodes lol.

Oh how I wish I was 8man when Gaha-mama was about to feed him. I need that, POSTHASTE.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2020 2:15 PM

Jun 2020
Enjoyable episode but Yukino's already a side character at this point. Gahamom just got almost as much screentime as Yukinon got the whole season, and I find myself rooting for Yui at this point lol let's see how the final FOUR (this is 13 eps like the other seasons, right?)episodes turn out.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 3, 2020 2:21 PM

Jan 2018
Gaha-mama totally stealing this part of the show. It was so awkwardly cute when Yui blushed, even though Hachiman didn't get the special ingredient.

I also didn't expect Hachiman would cry himself out during that groduation speech. Like dang bruh. He really has changed and not the Hachiman of old anymore.
Sep 3, 2020 2:32 PM
Jun 2020
Iamsokakkoii said:
A_G_N said:
Wow, you just believed that whole hertedly huh, not actually looking if the anime is....

But whatever, this is filler ep was more important, the biggest volume(twice as ep1-8 combined) in the series is gonna get adapted in 3 episodes now, but sure, yukino scenes is what people are mad about...

I have no context over how this adaptation is since I haven't read the novels that's why I asked in the first place. Would be pretty weird to ask someone and then just say nah I think you are giving me wrong information, right? Of course I will believe what someone who has the context I don't is telling me. He himself is Yukino fan based on his profile. I don't see him having any reasons to be biased on Yui's favor.

Of course thanks for giving me your opinion too. I will try to read the novels after the anime but I am in general not a reading kind of guy so I was hoping last few episodes greatly adapted everything.
If you want, manga is optionable, it goes in to great detail than anime, a bit of stuff between s2 and s3 hasnt been translated but yh, you can check out s3 stuff to see, anime just passed manga with this eps, its the monologue manga btw, LN is tho much much superior to manga.

LN>>>>>Manga>>Anime

Hope it helped...
Sep 3, 2020 2:33 PM

Apr 2017
damn this forum is full of Yui fags. feel couldn't even adapt a 20 scene for yukino.
SamoxSep 3, 2020 2:36 PM
Sep 3, 2020 2:37 PM
Apr 2018
God, Yui is just so much better than Yukino. Still praying for her to win even though I know it's pretty much impossible.
Sep 3, 2020 2:46 PM
Jun 2020
Scepster said:
God, Yui is just so much better than Yukino. Still praying for her to win even though I know it's pretty much impossible.
It was impossible since s1, anime just makes Yui seem like she has a chance and has also made her much much more nicer and likeable, Yukino stuff has also been cut(almost 50% from the entire seasons combined now) to make her on equal terms with Yui, I'll give you an example of Yui being manupilative - Se how clingy Yui was to Yukino this ep, last ep we see Yukino had said to Yui that she gave up for Yui, next ep yui is all clingy to Yukino, as a form of compensation, there's a looot of yui hidden stuff in the anime, they dont make it really obvious, so its hard to pick up on it, I suggest skimming the manga(faster) or reading the LN to see for yourself the difference..

Most people have already considered this the worst season, rating has also significantly dropped as you can see... so there's another proof...
Sep 3, 2020 2:47 PM

Nov 2016
Gahamama brought bubbliness and tarts to die for. And yeah, Yui interactions were quite cute as well.

Delightful episode to say the least, but during some segments I kinda felt the pollen lingering around too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
flamebc said:

hush, he will call you overreacting, Yukino is just a side girl so her scenes are not important. The main heroine of this anime is Yui.

Yeah, she is 4 sure just "a side girl" lmao
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.