Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2020 10:12 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zaimokuza has acquintances? Shocking! But seriously though, these Game club members, Sagami and Hatano look so bland.

Sagami's little brother is actually a decent human being (excluding the fact that he is friends with Zaimokuza) considering how shitty his sister is. But on the other hand 8man is still a douchebag.

A collaboration with Kaihin-Sougo? I really feel bad for Kaihin-Sougo for being used by 8man. Actually no, fuck that school, that President of theirs is annoying as fuck, he deserves getting duped.

That rap scene was bad but hilarious af haha, had me rolling on the floor laughing pretty much the whole time. Never in hell I could imagine Hikki rapping xD. Props to the anime for making it so fun, it was not at all as engaging in the novels. Preach it.

Speaking of Kaihin-Sougo, I have always felt that Watari never fully used Orimoto to her full potential, he introduced her for creating more tension between the trio during the second season, but kind of forgot about her later. Feels like a plot device ngl.

Yukinon drinking MAX because she was missing 8man? So cute. The synergy of 8man x Yukinon is a panacea of heart and mind. I feel bad for her though, because she is the only one actually trying to win the competition. 8man should try to view things from her point of view, maybe then he would understand how much his actions hurt her. But my boy can't see anything because he is blinded by love(?) and hence he always ends up hurting not just her but other people who care about him as well.

Best girl Yukinon getting very little screen time this season a bummer. Also, it is the first time, since ep 1, that we saw the trio together. Man, I miss the trio's nonchalant conversations so much.

One of the best episodes of the season, there were laughs, heart-warming moments as well as 8man's bullshit sophism. Peak Oregairu.

6/5
cchiguAug 20, 2020 10:16 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 20, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
weird hand movement guy is back and the new challenger deadfish eyes dude follows suit. that rap battle they had in the student council room was pretty cringe.
Aug 20, 2020 10:21 AM

Feb 2018
Happy Birthday Komachi~

Should I comment on another part? I really like the J-Rap scene, really. Of the many scenes, somehow meeting scenes like this are the most I look forward. After discussing in strange language, now a rap huh, I can't stop laughing at them.

Please don't record me.

Aug 20, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Oh God, is that the arms swinging meme again? I swear, I remember this from one of the previous seasons. Hilarious in fact.

Hachiman is absolutely hilarious to watch this episode too with that rap style talk. Might be the funniest episode so far this season. Also, I hope Yui knows what she's doing.
Aug 20, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
Otaku friend's two megane friends....

Persuading them to help out and more relations revealed.

Then two members from the planning committee. Rap battle between that guy w. weird hand gesture vs. main guy all of the sudden. lol~ Even though the plan is not good, but they are still willing to help out.

"Prom Saikou" lol~

Meeting Yukino, had some time to talk. The two girls, too.

Continuing rap battle in preview and main guy admit defeat...
tsubasaloverAug 20, 2020 10:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 20, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
Nice rap session by MC Hikki, they even did the preview lol.
Aug 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
The retrun of Aru girl, did anyone count the number of times she said aru durring that scene.
Anyway the rap session was funny.
And the bonding between Yui and Yukino was nice.
Aug 20, 2020 10:56 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
Hand movements guy is back couldn't stop laughing throughout the scene and then suddenly a rap battle.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 20, 2020 10:56 AM
Oct 2015
C'mon Yui, give Yukino a chance to be alone with Hachiman, she calls Hachiman for no reason. Yukino said :
"I will make sure your wish comes true"
You can guess what this selfless girl will do for her best friend
Aug 20, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2018
God damn, that rap and the hand gestures almost killed me. It was a perfect mix of comedy and cringe :D
I swear everything Yui does this season just steals the episode. Im also glad to see Yukino again since she didnt get much screen time...
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 20, 2020 11:05 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Oregairu and we finally see the trio together again!!

Really good episode, with Zaimozuka and firends giving us the comedy part (besto rap scene hahha)
On the other ahnd, Yukino gives us a heart breaking scene drinking MAX coffe just like 8man do... I reallly hope the plot start to get more attention on both of them (You know , I know what I mean)

One of the best episodes so far...
Just waiting for more like this one next week!
Aug 20, 2020 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
Crazy how that rap was more fire than 90 percent of the shit on the radio now. 8man was spitting

Slightly less painful episode than the past couple of weeks. The obvious disconnect in the final scene with Yui and Yukino was pretty painful to watch though. Yui deserves the world, smh.

That said, I’ve always felt that the ships in Oregairu are not the main focus of the story and a rather small part of what the story’s trying to convey.
Nov 2019
I'm not gonna lie the rap scene was cringe,a bit funny though.
Still very little screen time for Yukino.

The plot is revolving around the prom a bit too much. I mean they could have have a better plot for the trio to express their feelings.

Jul 2012
Yukinon and Yui having that moment at the end oof.
Aug 20, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2020
Damn this episode was good in every way. Hachiman becomes a rapper, Yui said the most wanted word "Yahallo" that we wanted to hear. Bit of emotion also present there. It was good every angle.
Aug 20, 2020 11:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
ships in Oregairu are not the main focus of the story and a rather small part of what the story’s trying to convey.
Facts, preach it!
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 20, 2020 11:13 AM
Jun 2020
hachiman rapping so cringy
Aug 20, 2020 11:14 AM

Feb 2019
It turns out zaimokuza has some friends other than hikki lol.

That rap battle between hand-moving guy and hikki was fun and then you have kaori's Aru Aru to fuel it up lol.

Hikki and yukino are completely talking like lovers now. The scenes with yukino are just too rare this season. it's like she's being demoted to second girl now. We need more yukino ffs.

Also yui did give quite a tight hug at the end and hachiman understands the situation quite well.
Aug 20, 2020 11:15 AM
Apr 2019
greatest rap battle ? man how funny was that scene !!!He was practising it onboard train.

Se no...... YAHALLO !!!

By the way,did you get Hachiman was copying Ikari Gendo's famous pose ?

As usual,Gahama-chan is using physical contacts to force Yukino to listen her request.

"I'll make sure your wish won't be granted"

Haha Gahama chan ,do that all sauna party in Shigatsu ! Good luck !
NakolHiraAug 20, 2020 12:59 PM
Aug 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
Happy Birthday, Komachi!~

That hand swinging guy, Tamanawa, is back. The rap scene with him and Hachiman was hilarious.

It felt like ages the last time we saw Yukino and she got some alone time with Hachiman.

The ending with Yui and Yukino was heartwarming. No matter what happens, I want them both to be best friends.

Aug 20, 2020 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
Leo said:

That hand swinging guy, Tamanawa, is back. The rap scene with him and Hachiman was hilarious.

It felt like ages the last time we saw Yukino and she got some alone time with Hachiman.

The ending with Yui and Yukino was heartwarming. No matter what happens, I want them both to be best friends.
Today isn't komachi's birthday dude. It's in march.
Aug 20, 2020 11:21 AM

Feb 2019
Also funny how they made fun of yahallo in the clubrooom lmao
Aug 20, 2020 11:24 AM
Jun 2020
cchigu said:
Marinate1016 said:
ships in Oregairu are not the main focus of the story and a rather small part of what the story’s trying to convey.
Facts, preach it!
Well, the anime "looks" like it is... LN is full romance bruhh
Aug 20, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2010
5/5 episode always
Aug 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2017
Ah yes, Top 10 rappers Eminem was too afraid to diss. All jokes aside, that rapping scene was a pretty good way to break the heavy dramas we've witness throughout the season, although I must admit it was pretty cringe, it was still funny tho. Love the episode, definitely better than the previous ones.
Aug 20, 2020 11:39 AM

Jan 2020
The rap scene was greatness

Aug 20, 2020 11:39 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Iroha certainly has quite the reputation with her fellow classmates. No wonder she has a hard time feeling like she really fits in. Hopefully Hachiman figures out a little side present to give her a boost (of the three girls, she's probably my favorite.)

It was also nice to see Zaimokuza get a nod this episode. He is a big goofball, but you can't say he doesn't at least try hard (remember how massive that light novel draft was.)

It looks like Hayato and Miuna will be rejoining the cast next week. Hopefully we also get to see Ebina again! I really love her personality when she isn't in nosebleed mode.

I also have to say the rap scene was a hit for me. I was very close to laughing out loud, which is an accomplishment for any comedy.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 20, 2020 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
"All of this looked like it came out from a piece of painting. I sensed a feeling that compelled and drove me to just stare at this painting whenever and forever."
Hachiman's monologue in the LN when he saw Yukino on the bench. Honestly, it's really hard to see how fascinated Hachimam is to Yukino in the anime. But monologues like this one are very difficult to animate. Brain's base studio have a great way of adapting this monologue, their choreography has no boundaries, they added light and wing effects to Yukino in season 1. But Studio Feel couldn't possibly do that.
Aug 20, 2020 11:50 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
A_G_N said:
cchigu said:
Facts, preach it!
No, it is not. Don't spread false rumours. LN has never been just about the romance.
Aug 20, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2020
That rap battle is dope

look like yukino become supporting character for me rather than main one

pretty fun episode, i hope it aint like ep 3 before emotional ep 4.
hope the drama got slow down a little bit cause i want some commedy
Aug 20, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2020
Finally a more light hearted and comedic episode from Snafu. Gotta love that Yahallo's! coming back.

And bro that rap scene. That's what I call quality "fanservice". I missed the classic "Sore aru!" phrase from Kaori and of course, our mister hands guy, Tamanawa. Really glad they both showed up in this episode.

8man and Yukino moment in the bench was super cute I was grinning the whole time (probably the whole episode in fact). Yep really miss the trio together. And that hug between Yui and Yukino was really heart-warming.

5/5 episode for me.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 20, 2020 12:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOl, my man Hachiman rapping and the hand wave master is back. And also, was Hachiman channeling the spririt of Gendo Ikari in the planning meeting? It certainly seemed that way.

I must admit that the pacing this season seems a bit stretched considering the pacing of last seasons. Still is wonderful stuff.
FarabeufAug 20, 2020 12:26 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 20, 2020 12:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, filled with laughters, sick rapping and touching melodrama in the end. Basically, the perfect Oregairu package in one episode!

Seriously though, that was some sick rapping! Tamanawa-san really dealt the final blow during that next episode preview scene though, xD. "He's too dope.", good to see the translators being a little witty here.

Another fine dose of the "Sore aru" and "Sora ga aru" catchphrase too, lol. God, have I missed these moments. Looking forward to more of them!

Hachiman and Yukino's meeting has been building up for a while and, needless to say, it delivered. Certainly didn't expect Yui to come and take the spotlight though. Say all you want but Yui's a maji tenshi ~ I'm still a Yukinon though, just for the record.

Loved that "Yahello" moment and the two new characters totally in sync moments in particular, among the comedic-centered side of things. And Zaimokuza's smile after being praised was great too, lol.

Over halfway into the season now, I'm guessing a spurt of heavy drama is brewing up in the air here but, as always, I'm looking forward to it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 20, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2017
That rap battle was so bad that I don't think I can recover from that again... I need some 8 Mile to recover that genre for me lol.

But overall, not bad. I haven't been enjoying Oregairu's episodes this season for the most part and this episode wasn't great from a content standpoint, but was a step up for me from the entertainment standpoint. Mainly for how goofy everything was, including the battle. It sucked ass but that's what made it solid.
Aug 20, 2020 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
cythraul said:
Leo said:

Today isn't komachi's birthday dude. It's in march.

It was her birthday in the anime. Even her brother 8man said happy birthday. It might be March in the anime.

Aug 20, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2020
Anybody explain yui and yukino's convo about wishes?
I'm overthinking it so I'm slightly confused.
Aug 20, 2020 12:44 PM

Mar 2016
The mixed reception by people here regarding the rap battle goes to truly show how subjective comedy is, especially with popular "mainly" comedy anime like Gintama, Aggretsuko, Saiki Kusuo, Space Dandy, Nichijou, Ouran High School Host Club, and Sakamoto desu ga.

I personally enjoyed the rap battle, even though it was 100% cringe, but of the good type, imho. Let's not fucking forget how ZLS rap battle was a thing and how I personally hated that one, along with not having a positive or neutral impression of the series as a whole (though the characters were alright).

Other than that, it's your typical solid and bonafide Oregairu episode. Lots of laughs coupled with hearthurting drama at the end.
Aug 20, 2020 12:52 PM
Oct 2015
ninadyeole said:

Yui knew Yukino's wish would end their club and relationship. That's why she said Yukino's wish wouldn't come true. She knew that if Yukino won this prom, she would do it as a request to end their relationship because she felt that their relationship was codependent that would hurt each other. But Yui also knew that Yukino's true wish was that she wanted the three of them to stay together and also about their feelings for Hachiman. That's why Yukino said her wish was the same as Yui. Yukino plans to grant Yui's wish, you can guess what she will do
Aug 20, 2020 12:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A rap battle? this is legendary.
But damn the whole episode was ABSOLUTELY great, the end was powerful... like way too much, didn't expect this anime to hit me like that
Aug 20, 2020 1:01 PM
May 2017
Does "I'll make sure your wish won't be granted" means "B*tch, i'm not gonna let you win him"?

Aug 20, 2020 1:03 PM
Jun 2020
cchigu said:
A_G_N said:
No, it is not. Don't spread false rumours. LN has never been just about the romance.
Ah my bad, was implying that it is much more romance centric than anime..
Aug 20, 2020 1:12 PM
Jun 2020
ShiroHachi said:
ninadyeole said:

Yui knew Yukino's wish would end their club and relationship. That's why she said Yukino's wish wouldn't come true. She knew that if Yukino won this prom, she would do it as a request to end their relationship because she felt that their relationship was codependent that would hurt each other. But Yui also knew that Yukino's true wish was that she wanted the three of them to stay together and also about their feelings for Hachiman. That's why Yukino said her wish was the same as Yui. Yukino plans to grant Yui's wish, you can guess what she will do
I don't think that's the reason Yui said that her wish wouldn't come true, it is a part, yes, but, I think she was mainly referring to Hachiman and Yukino not ending up together. And Yukino was trying to grant Yui's wish, which in Yukino's pov, I think she was mainly referring to Hachiman's relationship. But your reasoning is correct, just some parts are less important than others, like I don't think Yukino was referring to club, their friendship, hachiman altogether, but just Hachiman's relationship stuff. But do tell if I'm wrong and its explicitly stated in the LN or something, its been some time since I read it....
Aug 20, 2020 1:13 PM

Apr 2020
Really wholesome first half. It's amazing how much growth Hikgaya did as a person; from a loner who sees himself as expendable trash to taking advantage of his (weird but in a good way) contacts and asking them for help and leading them forward. He dislikes dudes like Tamanawa and Hayato but he doesn't dismiss them with his preconceived notions.

And also Yui, man -- she doesn't fail to tug my heart-strings. She knows that the other two are in another world that she cannot reach, she knows that their friendship is going to end and she'd get the short end of the stick. But even so, Yui will continue watching over them until the credits would finally roll.
Aug 20, 2020 1:13 PM

Sep 2017
That rap scene was really unexpected and damn hilarious!!
It felt so funny yet painful to watch at the same time 😂

Not gonna lie, Tamanawa's rap was frickin' lit OwO"
Compared to Hikigaya's, I think he got the upper hand on this one.
Aug 20, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2020
A_G_N said:
ShiroHachi said:

I don't think that's the reason Yui said that her wish wouldn't come true, it is a part, yes, but, I think she was mainly referring to Hachiman and Yukino not ending up together. And Yukino was trying to grant Yui's wish, which in Yukino's pov, I think she was mainly referring to Hachiman's relationship. But your reasoning is correct, just some parts are less important than others, like I don't think Yukino was referring to club, their friendship, hachiman altogether, but just Hachiman's relationship stuff. But do tell if I'm wrong and its explicitly stated in the LN or something, its been some time since I read it....

Both of you're points might be true. This show is all about the individual interpretations so i guess until everything is not clear as water we won't be able to tell who's right or wrong.
But what i thought was Yukino wants both of them to be close to her that's why she says 'i want your wish to come true. i think my wish is same as yours' to yui. Followed by hachiman saying that he and yukino know a way to convey their feelings but it isn't the right way(confessing to each other and start dating which will hurt yui and they both don't want it) that's why yukino tells yui that her wish is probably same as yui's wish i.e. three of them together always. Also i feel yui understands their intentions which is why she gets so emotional
Aug 20, 2020 1:32 PM

Dec 2019
I loved the part, where Hikki and the other dude were raping xD <3
Aug 20, 2020 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
She said it! They all said it! xD

That rap battle came out of nowhere lmao. Yui's reaction to Hachiman was priceless. And they even continued in the preview with Hachiman admitting defeat lol.

Another week of Yui being best girl, another week of pain.
Aug 20, 2020 2:10 PM
Oct 2015
A_G_N said:
ShiroHachi said:

Yui thinks Yukino won't get Hachiman? There was no way she could think that way, she knew she had no chance and what she was doing right now was to maintain the status quo and try to be with Hachiman as long as she could. I said Yui knew Yukino's plan because the explanation was included in Yui's interlude which was not adapted in the anime.
Aug 20, 2020 2:18 PM

Jan 2020
Lmao this had to be the funniest episode yet
Aug 20, 2020 2:26 PM

Feb 2020
i loved the rap battle
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.