Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2020 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. To think Metalgreymon would show up early. But it is a reboot so I can understand why. But I was hoping for a better build up. But I guess this is okay.
Aug 8, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2009
super evolution of Greymon got an awesome sakuga there next episode is Garurumon super evolution
Aug 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Apr 2011
Oh wow, Taichi x Matt has their first fight.

MetalGreymon appearances was cool, but just a little letdown that the actual missiles weren't drawn shooting from his chest plates. "Giga Storm"? What happen to "Giga Blasters"?

Preview: Everyone splitting up in to teams, the first pair looks like Matt with Sora and you know what that MEANS? Yup, she might get a Birdramon evolution officially and Matt Garurumon going super next episode.

EDIT* found attack names for MetalGreymon after I posted. It looks like Giga Storm is an actual attack. I wonder if all the other digimon will get new attacks?

Mega Claw[16] (Trident Arm): Launches its tethered Trident Arm to slash or wrap up enemies.
Giga Blaster[17] (Giga Destroyer): Fires organic missiles form the hatch on part of its chest.
Metal Arm
Metal Slash
Terra Destroyer (Tera Destroyer): Launches an enhanced version of its "Giga Blaster" attack.
Metal Slash II (メタルスラッシュ改 Metal Slash Kai?, lit. "Metal Slash Revision"): Slashes with its claw.
Powerful Flame (Overflame): Unleashes a wave of fire from its claw.
Body Blow
Giga Storm: Fires twin laser beams from the hatch on its chest. what we saw this episode.
vansonbeeAug 9, 2020 2:28 AM
Aug 8, 2020 9:13 PM

Feb 2019
Wasn’t expecting metal greymon so soon but no complaints! He was one of my faves growing up. Awesome episode. It’s great to see the kids learning to work together and growing closer. Really can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
Aug 8, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2017
This episode was dope, seriously dope. MetalGreymon looked lit af and the action was great. Didn't take long to kick MetalTyranomon's ass.

Also looks like next episode we're gonna see WereGarurumon, more hype.
Aug 8, 2020 11:16 PM

May 2008
Better pacing that's for sure. Including the fights; seeing Digimon doing strategizing for fights and animating it... I can't believe my eyes.

That said, Yamato and Taichi had their first fight and wow, what a difference. I have to wonder if Taichi is more chill now because Yamato is a kuudere. In the original, they both were hot-headed and here, they're the opposite. If their fights in Adventure was a world war, then DA: is a cold war. lol

On that, Taichi deferred quite a bit to Yamato. Both times he shifted the final say to Yamato and he even needed Yamato's permission to fight Metal Tyranomon, haha. I wonder if they'll be sharing the leadership position this time around.

Koushiro remains himself; so far, I don't see much difference between the original and DA:. But, the advance in tech has certainly made him even MORE OP.

(What is up with Tentomon's voice? It sounds different this episode...)

Lastly, the Crests. I wonder if they plan on changing the meaning for them. Because technically, we haven't learned what the symbols in the Digivices mean yet. Agumon's Super Evolution didn't happen because of Courage here, but Pride or Determination. Next ep Gabumon's Super Evolution happens and by the preview alone and with the two previous eps, Yamato's still seem to be Friendship. Or maybe the evolutions aren't connected character development via Crest like in the original.
Aug 8, 2020 11:46 PM

Jun 2010
Up until this point i don't know what's the purpose of this reboot besides nostalgia and cash grab. If the purpose is to show how ultra mega special and powerful Taichi and Yamato are and the rest of the children will be standing on the sideline watching the 2 boys and their Digimon evolve to Mega (and Omegamon) and not doing anything most of the time then there's already the original version and companion movies that show just that. The chemistry between the children and their digimon are little to no existent. The show throws and tells you their bond rather than making you feel it. It neither feel like a digimon series nor a shounen anime. Even Hunters makes the chemistry between the kid and digimon more believable than this reboot. MetalGreymon evolution was to be expected, but there was no tension and excitement. I didn't feel anything when i saw Greymon evolved. Nothing gets explain properly. The show just throws information to your face and expects you to go with it, not questioning how the hell can Koushiro gather such amazing information (at least in the original, he got help). Even in terms of shounen anime, i wouldn't consider this reboot a good or enjoyable shounen, just really bland and typical shounen. Until now, the children don't have any remarkable personality, which will be manifested in the form of their crests in the future. Is this reboot going to erase the meaning of the crests, since we already have MetalGreymon, and WereGarurumon in the next episode? Or are the producers going to keep the meaning of the crests until the Mega evolution? At least the battle was ok, not decent to my standards but fine.

I also find that introducing Ultimate evolution this early is ridiculous. I would laugh so hard if the children lose to Devimon. I can only guess in order to defeat the ultimate digimons Devimon would have to evolve as well. If they are going to skip Devimon and make the children fight Myotismon (or even VenomMyotismon) the reboot would not only shit on one but two most memorable moments in the original. I heard that the reboot is going to have 66 eps, how the hell can they stretch it that long with only 10 eps in and already Ultimate evolution? I guess there will be crossover with other digimon series, idk

Next ep will be Gabumon's time to shine. Yamato and Sora will team up. Is this the reference for them being a couple in 02 lol?
Aug 8, 2020 11:59 PM

Jul 2017
MetalTyranomon is a beast of an Ultimate though, but as far as anything goes, Taichi and Co. can only retreat as their best option instead of facing it head-on.

I have always known the rivalry of Taichi and Yamato to be as intense as Ash and Gary, and their arguments are as intense as ever. For some reason though, it was there but toned-down, probably for the new audience as well.

It's safe to say that Orgemon has held its pride until the end to give Taichi and Co. the confidence to find the Holy Digimon's HQ. Time to mobilize and get things going!

The challenge for Taichi and Agumon's solo battle with MetalTyranomon and the others following the only route is proving to be difficult, but the saving grace: Agumon's 2nd stage evolution to MetalGreymon which proves critical, as well as being DOPE AND LIT AF.

With current advancement of splitting into teams, eventually we'll see another Super Evolution, and next episode, Yamato and Sora with Gabumon and Piyomon. The excitement is building up.
KANLen09Aug 9, 2020 12:04 AM
Aug 9, 2020 12:00 AM
Jul 2014
Okay episode. Was nice to see Metal Greymon..
My problem with the episode was the fact Taichi and Agumon consider Orgremon a friend now just because the guy decided to help them out of defiance.. It felt forced that they’re so naive. He was still trying to kill them, yet this is brushed under the rug. I understand they were trying to convey this idea of Orgremon and Greymon being evenly matched and it was an amazing battle and they respected each other, but to me it just doesn’t work.

We see Taichi and Yamato clash which was pretty good. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

Metal Tyrannomon’s missiles hit Taichi and Greymon offscreen directly.. Next shot they’re absolutely fine. The missiles that explode don’t seem to hurt very much.

I dunno, I know this is a kids show but some of this stuff is starting to grate. Why would anyone watch this apart from the fact it’s scratching that nostalgia itch?
Aug 9, 2020 7:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
if theyre digivolving THIS FAST i really wonder whats in store for the rest of the series

i think its clear this time we'll see ALL their mega evolutions

anyway, lets go WereGarurumon

also, how the hell does Devimon stand a chance if theyre already digivolving into ultimate?

deg said:
super evolution of Greymon got an awesome sakuga there next episode is Garurumon super evolution

it sounds like you never watched the original lol
Aug 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Jan 2014
After so many times they teased it, we finally get Metal greymon. Though surprised we didn't get Skull since they were showing signs of anger. Unless that's foreshadowing.
Aug 9, 2020 9:30 AM
Sep 2015
I'm gonna guess that
1. Holy Digimons are basically their Digimon partners in their highest evolution form
2. But the first one will be the 'seventh child' due to the nature of that Digimon partner (original watchers will know him).
Aug 9, 2020 9:37 AM
Feb 2020
When Greymon evolved it kinda made sense for the crest, Courage to be the distraction and to keep fighting when they were trapped, but Yamato pushing the evolution when the group is split?
And Ultimate when they haven't even shown 'TK'?
I'm thinking Koshiro is absorbing Genni?
Aug 9, 2020 10:46 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
MetalGreymon finally appeared via Super Evolution and finally defeated MetalTryanamon. It didn't take long for Matt and Taichi to start beefing, but they have to learn how to work as a team.

Next week we will have WereGarurumon.
Aug 9, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:

deg said:

yep i only remember watching some random episodes of the original on local TV here
Aug 9, 2020 11:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
deg said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

yep i only remember watching some random episodes of the original on local TV here

awe man, where was your childhood XD
Aug 9, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 2020
I hope Devimon gets an evolution too when the time comes.
Just me or someone else thinking if we are gonna see the dark masters in this version?
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 9, 2020 4:08 PM
Aug 2017
koshiro is too OP man, dude literally analyses digimon data like a pokedex, i hope they have some explanation for that, also why not make the characters discover that just by looking in their digivice instead of making a super smart character discover everything by himself and his tech gears.
i mean digivices are complex devices, i rather accept that taichi was having his time playing with his digivice and discover the digimap, just like he reads that digialphabetical letters from the sacred digimons

Well with that being said, i'm loving the reboot, is just simple and fast paced, do not get stucked in some useless stuff like Digimon 4 used to
ALso is clearly not a digimon anime for people who wants to see a deep lore about digimon and the digi world scenarios, they're just there for the matter fact of the adventure and that does not botter me

I like how BIG digimon are , and they do not use 3D animation at all, digimon are bigger than Titans , and is pretty fantastic, Greymon was a small pet at the presence of MetalTyranomon
Aug 9, 2020 5:18 PM
Jun 2019
I think it's great that they're getting these next evolutions out of the way quickly. I feel like part of what dragged the original series down for me was how long it took for all of that to happen. Hopefully the megas are introduced for everyone as well, rather than allowing Tai and Matt to just run away with the show and be the only two useful members of the team. Very nice Metalgreymon v. Metaltyrannomon battle, great animation. I didn't like the contrived conflict between Matt and Tai though. Hopefully further conflicts between these two are more meaningful.
Aug 9, 2020 5:20 PM
Jun 2019
AcD4c said:
I hope Devimon gets an evolution too when the time comes.
Just me or someone else thinking if we are gonna see the dark masters in this version?

I really hope Devimon gets to digivolve. In his Champion state, I don't think he would be much of a problem for the heroes. I'm thinking, perhaps they will pay homage to the original series by having them battle him, but only after he has Digivolved to something like Myotismon, and power him up more with the miasma so he can fight them all at once.

Dark masters could be pretty cool, but it looks like they're doing as much new stuff as possible. I wouldn't mind if they showed up, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Aug 9, 2020 9:56 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Here is a preview of some of the songs featured in Digimon Adventure(2020) including the OP. It also features songs like "Be The Winners" and "X-treme Fight" that was used in this episode. I like the "Be The Winners" song because it gets me fired up when the Digimon fight. The name of the artist is Takayoshi Tanimoto

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/08/09-1/check-out-preview-for-digimon-adventure-theme-song-cd-by-takayoshi-tanimoto

Aug 10, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2015
Honestly, if Mimi didin't comment about it I wouldn't even noted that Yamato and Taichi were having an argument. To me it felt like watching two adults calmly having a conversation about different opinions. They were not behaving like kids at all, unlike in the original series.

I like the reboot but they are things like this that tend to bother me.
Aug 10, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2017
Maybe It was just my experience, but this episode had some serious issues with the video/audio synchronization. That fact alone made it harder to enjoy, at least for my sister and me.
Aug 10, 2020 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Hanaki_Neko said:
Next ep will be Gabumon's time to shine. Yamato and Sora will team up. Is this the reference for them being a couple in 02 lol?

I really think so!
The preview also said: "When Yamato risks his life Sora and the others." lmao. Seems like Sorato will at least get some proper development this time - I really like that, cause I like them together :)

I didn't really like this episode tho.
While it made sense for Tais crest to shine while being brave (not giving up, being the distraction), it felt so anticlimactic and kinda bland.
Does anyone remember how they dealt with stronger foes in the original? All of the Digimon evolved as far as they could and ganged up on the enemy and only if that didn't work out we got an evolution. This time they aren't even trying to make the children seem like a team. Tai & Agumon are being favored in all the most annoying and wrong ways ._.

I'm excited for the next episode, cause it at least looks like Matt, Joe & Sora fight their enemy together before Garurumon digivolves. The reboot is missing alot of heart that the original had. I like the better action scenes, but the moment they take away from all the things that made the original so awesome - actual character development & chemistry - I wish they weren't there at all :/
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Aug 10, 2020 3:17 PM
Oct 2012
>Metal Greymon in episode 10
Toei: Is this good pacing?
Aug 10, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2020
I'll probably watch Digimon Adventure when this new finishes
Hope it won't ruin my good childhood memories
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 11, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
Another evolution, cool.
Aug 11, 2020 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
Drawings keep worsening, aside from the mandatory "pretty scene" (nice MetalGrey apparition), and backgrounds/environments are as unappealing as previous episodes suggested.
10eps in, the adventure is still not here and we're already at the start of the Perfect stream... all the while without character and/or digimon bonding.
NewKôshiro is even more stuck on a screen than the 99 one.

3/5

Takuto_Shindou said:

Well, considering the length announced for the series...
@Takuto_Shindou And this one is 30-something episodes, right?
Rei_IIIAug 11, 2020 5:20 PM
Aug 11, 2020 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
Rei_III said:
Drawings keep worsening, aside from the mandatory "pretty scene" (nice MetalGrey apparition), and backgrounds/environments are as unappealing as previous episodes suggested.
10eps in, the adventure is still not here and we're already at the start of the Perfect stream... all the while without character and/or digimon bonding.
NewKôshiro is even more stuck on a screen than the 99 one.

3/5

Takuto_Shindou said:

Well, considering the length announced for the series...
....the original series was 54 episodes long why do people keeping saying that
Aug 11, 2020 11:41 PM

Dec 2014
Last two eps have been really good, hope they can keep this up.
Aug 12, 2020 7:43 AM

Jun 2010
StormxNightmare said:
Hanaki_Neko said:

I really think so!
The preview also said: "When Yamato risks his life Sora and the others." lmao. Seems like Sorato will at least get some proper development this time - I really like that, cause I like them together :)

While i'm not much of a Sorato shipper, i look forward to seeing how their relationship will play out in this reboot. I sorta like Sora and Yamato exchange when they first met, idk why lol. When Tai and Yamato had their first argument, I was expecting Sora to step in anytime lol, but she just let them get it all out and stopped others from interfering. Also, Joe will be joining them. This set up reminds me of the dark cave episode.

Also, hello fellow Sora fan (or at least, you have her in your signature lol)
Aug 12, 2020 6:15 PM
Nov 2015
StormxNightmare said:
Hanaki_Neko said:

I really think so!

I . The reboot is missing alot of heart that the original had. I like the better action scenes, but the moment they take away from all the things that made the original so awesome - actual character development & chemistry - I wish they weren't there at all :/

Even tho i was team taichi x Sora i wouldnt mine if she ends Up with yamato ONLY if they show us developmemt, my issue in the past was that the relationship come from nowhere, not that i dont ship It ... I kind of like how they meet or how Sora introduce herself ... "I'm takenoshi Sora" . .. anyway i agree with you, is not about nostalgia cuz i re watched the old INE like 4 years ago and i remember that i love It as a show WITH great character developmemt, It was a astory about some kids learning to trust each other and work how to go back, was so well done. This one , their chemestry is non existance :(
Aug 16, 2020 10:16 AM

Jul 2008
!0 episodes in and Metal Greymon already?!?! Devimon is still the eneny though...a champion level.

Well Omnimon was in episode 3.....so little buildup to the next level.

Hell we still don't have T.K. and Patamon yet!!!
Aug 18, 2020 6:47 AM

Jul 2019
did they skip the skeleton evolution?
Aug 18, 2020 5:38 PM

Dec 2018
Mimi was clinging on to her girlfriend Sora,.Awwww they are so cute together. And I ship them because Imo digimon should have a lesbian couple,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Then mechagodzilla battle against the other mechagodzilla? Or what the fuck those things are, sry I forgot =P. And mechagodzilla won,,,,Good for him (applauding sarcastically)

Yuri-CrusaderAug 18, 2020 5:47 PM
Dec 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Apr 2020
Leave aside that Greymon can withstand the attack (missiles?). Taichi standing on Greymon is really ok??? Dentou geinou lol……😂

Jan 17, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2021
Oh damn Metalgreymon already? The story's going really fast but I don't hate it ngl. I'm enjoying this blood-pumping pacing lmao. I like that they're trying something new with this instead of rehashing old plot points in the original. Devimon's still the enemy which is like a champion level digimon. We'll see where this goes.
Feb 8, 2022 4:54 AM

Feb 2020
Another intense episode.

I really like the battle scenes in this reboot. The look so dynamic and kinetic compared to the original series.

It was cool to see MetalGreymon again. :)
Dec 17, 2023 9:42 PM
May 2020
Why they ride on the Digimon with no damage but scared of the mist?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.