Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 4, 2020 12:45 PM
Aug 2018
Seriously? 7.25 and dropping every week? What the fuck is going on... this show is soon gonna hit the 6's before the season ends, putting it in the same trash ass shit garbage tier as many other legitimately trash ass shows that are genuinely terrible.

But unlike shows that are genuinely terrible, this show is actually fun and enjoyable...ironically even with SNAFU, SAO and Re Zero bashing heads every week, this show is the one many look forward to the most for some strange ass reason, you can tell by how many degenerate reaction channels react to it every week and the number of mash up videos that follow, so why dafuq does it keep getting trashed by 1's and dropping.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 4, 2020 1:46 PM
Aug 2018
Probably because people see Kazuya as a simp and some of the indecisiveness that he shows early on, especially with Mami (I feel like there's more going on with her under the surface, but I digress). It has its dumber moments, but I (as someone who can't stand most harem anime) am enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't think that the show will crash too hard by the end of the season, and even if it does, there's some legitimately good stuff that is in that range still. I think it's at least more enjoyable and consistent than GOHS this season, which is saying quite a bit considering my expectations for both series. All I'm saying is thankfully it takes place with college students and not high school ones (that's a considerable plus for me since I'm in the same age group and have been attending college for 3 years, makes it easier to connect to them overall).
Aug 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao it's cuz people dislike the protagonist and find him to be a simp so much that they felt the need to rate it 2 or 3.
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 4, 2020 8:47 PM
Mar 2019
Maybe someone already read manga, I guess there's something unsatisfied about anime adaptation. Btw, about Kazuya I don't know I should hate him or not cause he's stupid or he got manipulate by Mami
Aug 5, 2020 12:16 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
urgh, I saw the similar threads like this are created on other anime page for just like this...

this isn't the only anime...in fact, other anime have their score dropped as well. maybe Summer 2020 isn't good? idk what'z left
Aug 5, 2020 12:22 AM
Jul 2016
Why this thread is created for a lot of seasonal animes? it doesn't matter what score people give in this shitty site, the ones who give scores and make reviews for unfinished animes are just dumb as fuck, you can't judge an entire anime before it's finished
Aug 5, 2020 1:17 AM

May 2020
xkazutox said:
urgh, I saw the similar threads like this are created on other anime page for just like this...

this isn't the only anime...in fact, other anime have their score dropped as well. maybe Summer 2020 isn't good? idk what'z left

Comparing to spring 2020,yeah
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 5, 2020 1:42 AM

Dec 2015
I like the anime show far. Chizuru, the two grandmas, and now Yoshiaki (after the last episode). So far, I have it as 6/10 and to be honest, I don't see the score getting better any time soon. I mean, I could be wrong it would get a better score from me, but it could also go down. I think the determining factor is the relationship between Kazuya and his ex-girlfriend, Mami, and how that plays out. Those two are my biggest problems with the anime so far. The anime so reminds me of Nisekoi.
Aug 5, 2020 5:45 AM
Apr 2016
It's because the source material is an absolute clusterfuck. The male lead is close to the worst character ever with female characters (maybe except for Chizuru) being not much better. The studio it doing everything they can to make it at least slightly enjoyable and I appreciate them but as I mentioned, due to the source material being so bad - the ceiling is not very high. IMO this title is a misery and a cringe fiesta to watch except for 12 yo / super childish people.
Aug 5, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2016
Most fans generally don't like these type of romcoms and it shows, I mean just look at #9 and the manga itself is just slightly higher. I'll advise you not to care too much for scores and just enjoy what you like.
Aug 5, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2020
Because this show is worse than Nisekoi, and Nisekoi made me regret my life choices.
Aug 5, 2020 12:06 PM
Jul 2020
People just need to calm their shits down and wait. The MC has one of the biggest character formation on the later episodes or others say "redeeming arc". They can't just put a early With an early series of 4 episodes. Grow up
Aug 5, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
Why you care about the score? pls notice that most people are idiots on this planet with IQ lower than 90. They are sheep who rate things same as others do. You can look at Europe for example how they vote for leftist.
Protagonist is not important at all it can be any random guy, anime like that is about girls and story.
Maybe too many guys watch this anime and they wish to identify oneself with super cool person who they can't be in real world, but as Japanese culture is wise they go by route about making oneself better person, they give u bad protagonist and evolve him into someone better. Also - most viewers are kids who did not experience real life yet.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 5, 2020 4:23 PM

Dec 2019
I dont enjoy really the show that much. The protagonist is just a stupid simp that thinks his ex-girlfriend wants him back after she literally told him she likes somebody else now him 2 weeks earlier.
Aug 5, 2020 8:59 PM
Oct 2019
I already read the manga and they skipped so many cliche
Aug 5, 2020 9:10 PM

May 2020
I was really really looking forward to this show but after watching 3 episodes i felt like why the hell did i watch this. And also according to manga the story will continue as the same crap which is going on right now. I love Romance stories but this is something which i never want to see in Romance story, also i hate that MC. So basically aside from art/animation everything in this anime is crap for me so i dropped it. And i believe many of the people who dropped it has the same reason :P
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Aug 5, 2020 10:08 PM

Jul 2017
Pansyyy said:
The MC has one of the biggest character formation on the later episodes or others say "redeeming arc"

what? when? He's literally the exact same person throughout apart from maybe a few moments here and there
Aug 6, 2020 1:56 AM

Oct 2015
It will most likely end up the same score as Masamune-kun no Revenge
Aug 6, 2020 5:14 AM
Jul 2020
Short_Circut said:
Pansyyy said:
The MC has one of the biggest character formation on the later episodes or others say "redeeming arc"

what? when? He's literally the exact same person throughout apart from maybe a few moments here and there
Just read the manga, and to be honest tho, i find the story quite good if you read. Too bad for others who immediately dropped the anime soon just after watching 2 episodes. I recommend reading the manga.
Aug 6, 2020 7:15 AM
Jul 2019
i feel you man.... but since this is apparently whats it is now..... always keep in mind: we've all been there, I know it hurts.... but.... let it go... dont waste your precious time, just let it go.... its not the universes never fading cruelness.... its just americans.... zealous, overly moralistic, stupid americans.... when it comes to race, gender or anything connected to human reproduction process, well.... how do I put it? they got issues man.... serious issues.... and I say that as a man that rates shimonetta a 10/10....
Aug 6, 2020 7:39 AM

May 2020
Pansyyy said:
People just need to calm their shits down and wait. The MC has one of the biggest character formation on the later episodes or others say "redeeming arc". They can't just put a early With an early series of 4 episodes. Grow up

yeah exactly and the mc decision sure was dumb but it does happened irl
Aug 6, 2020 8:56 AM
Aug 2020
I think it has to do with the show's progression. It's really slow but upon reading the manga, the MC is correctly portrayed as indecisive and always thinking with his dick. I wish they can capture his character development until the later chapters. It's not enough to have 13 episodes but since they hinted Sumi. Maybe 24-26 episodes?
Aug 6, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Pansyyy said:
Short_Circut said:

Just read the manga, and to be honest tho, i find the story quite good if you read. Too bad for others who immediately dropped the anime soon just after watching 2 episodes. I recommend reading the manga.

I have read the manga. I'm literally caught up with it. Nowhere is there any sort of "redeeming arc" or "biggest character formation" anywhere present imo, he's literally almost the same person throughout with only a few decent moments here and there (the couples area convo with Sumi comes to mind)
Aug 7, 2020 1:43 AM

Nov 2019
Why do you even care about the ratings here. On a site where SAO 2 is rated below 7 along with all the other dumpster fires isn't a trustable site at all.

On the other hand, for this show I'm enjoying it at the times and the cringe moments get to me at times. Just hoping for some damn character development for the MC. If he doesn't get it then sorry I have to rate it low.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Aug 7, 2020 2:23 AM
Jun 2020
Because yet again people are envious of him getting all the girls.
Aug 9, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Based on the few min I watched from the first episode, this was more cringe than fucking Arifureta. I would give it a straight up 1/10 based on the few min but obviously I am not gonna rate it.
Aug 12, 2020 3:22 AM
Jun 2020
wape said:
Because yet again people are envious of him getting all the girls.

"Getting all the girls"
Pretty sure he still single after 150+ chapters surrounded by girls
Aug 12, 2020 7:24 AM
Jan 2010
I thought what you mean is the score is too high for this terrbile incel story.

I must say the MC is that kind of man who I am always trying to avoid. Dealing with this pathetic type is a daily basis for a girl. Can't really watch this anime not thinking about bad experience we all girls have with horny immature boys. It's sad seeing how this behaviours are normalized and also gather approbation.

Please don't only think how to get to the girl's pants. Kazuya is a trash and badly written character. I'll tell you this: you also can't say YanDev is a good person... and they have some resembles XD
Aug 12, 2020 8:08 AM

May 2018
xkazutox said:

yeah, it just seem like a large group of anime this season have a low score
Aug 13, 2020 7:56 PM
Jun 2019
I read the manga long before the anime was annouced. I hate it so much. There's no character I hate as much as Kazuya. I don't like Chizuru at all, she's horrible. Ruka and Mami I don't like. Sumi is alright. To resume, I don't like at all any of the other characters as well. The history makes me wanna die, I hate it. The same goes for the anime. Only watching it to have more episodes watched in this website and I already know I'm going to score it a 2. I give the manga a 3, only for Miyajimas's art, sadly wasted on this series.
Btw, I'm up to date on the manga, and the reason of why I keep reading it despite how much I hate it is to be able to talk about it without being told that I can't cause I don't know what happens in the later chapters.
Aug 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Oct 2017
Scores don't really matter.
Aug 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Chill and learn to live with the fact that some series you like have an average mean score.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2019
Pansyyy said:

He doesn’t though. And that’s the problem. After the supposed “redemption arc” you call it he reverts right back to the same old MC.
There is no character development to be had. If you don’t like him at the start. Which I understand why you wouldn’t cause he’s terrible. Then you will never enjoy this anime/manga.
Subarashii
Aug 14, 2020 2:11 PM

Jan 2020
Pansyyy said:
The MC has one of the biggest character formation on the later episodes or others say "redeeming arc". They can't just put a early With an early series of 4 episodes. Grow up

Is there another manga version of Kanojo Okarishimasu? Because after 150 chapters of the manga I'm reading the main character is the same pathetic cringe kid and no character development happened at all. What "redeeming" are you talking about? lol
Aug 14, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
MegamiRem said:
Scores don't really matter.

Pretty much this. Most great series are awfully underrated so it's the best to not look at scores at all.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 15, 2020 1:01 AM

Aug 2017
spectrojan said:
Lmao it's cuz people dislike the protagonist and find him to be a simp so much that they felt the need to rate it 2 or 3.

Yeah main guy here is a huge turn off.
Aug 15, 2020 1:38 AM
Feb 2017
Elitist have taken oven the MAL scores since the end of 2019. Now it will be very difficult for a new show to have 8 rating
Priyansh_04Aug 15, 2020 1:42 AM
Aug 15, 2020 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No way!

This show at least need to get down to 5, not 7!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 15, 2020 7:14 AM

May 2020
badabass said:
No way!

This show at least need to get down to 5, not 7!
Yup even less than 5
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Aug 15, 2020 7:43 AM
Jun 2017
Im going to post some of this series scores:

MAL: 7.2
ImDB: 7.3

If you see those scores, theyre almost identical so why are ranting over a said series. For me i find it fun and entertaining to watch. At the end of the day its up to the viewers on how they are scoring a said series plus if they are enjoying it or not.
Aug 15, 2020 8:23 AM

Feb 2019
risky plots and characters like these don't land with everyone unfortunately, but it is their loss.

I have found some fairly critically acclaimed comedy anime unfunny so I don't necessarily blame them.
Aug 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Mar 2018
Thread Locked for breaking Rule 2 of Anime Discussion:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who like the show and people who dislike it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.
You can use the Most Overrated/Underrated thread to talk about it.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.