Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems like this episode is not very interesting, making food from ingredients in the minimarket is not easy, especially here we have to pay attention to money. Tsukasa's part goes well even though the comment was unnecessary and the nudity scene too.

Aside from the Tsukasa part, Yukihira part is also goes well too. Even though Yukihira disappointed with the results, lol ... Prepare your money first.

Jul 31, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Ngl, I am sorta tired of the whole 'Soma is a diner chef, so it's expected' when it comes to looking down on him. Like, surely they'd know he's 1st seat of Elite ten lol. Only a small gripe though.

I kinda like how the competition has been so far. Very creative.
Jul 31, 2020 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
It's like playing game, challenge miniboss that come in a group of 3/4/5.
Jul 31, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
The minimarket theme of this shokugeki was really interesting, I enjoyed it quite a lot.
Jul 31, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
A convenience store!? What a surprise!

Souma failed with his first try while Tsukasa succeeded, but Souma suprised the judge with his fabulous osechi. Tadokoro and Aldini also passed.

It's time for the third trial and the Noir members which were let to skip the first two trials are there and ready for battle.
It's heating up~!

DororunJul 31, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 31, 2020 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
Oh boy here we go, the chick with the chainsaw is here. Because I'm sure everyone out there just casually has a chainsaw or two lying around the house to help them cook delicious meals xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
The whole minimarket thing was creative and the judge girl was amusing, I liked it. Would like to have seen how Takumi and Megumi won, but, well...
Too bad Rindou didn't participate, but well, seeing Eishi is good already. He seems to have being freed for good from Azami's influence, which is a wonderful thing.

Hyped for the chainsaw bitch next episode. That scene was one of the most talked about by the manga readers, so I want to see if it was as ridiculous as they mentioned.
Jul 31, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
The convenience store theme was really interesting and I liked it. I also liked the judge in this episode.

Jul 31, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2020
This season never ceases to disappoint me every episode, it's like they discover new ways to make this anime bad.

I'm tired of this "He is a diner chef" bullshit, bruh it's been 4 seasons and that man is the first seat of Totsuki, not that being the first seat means anything for Yukihira because he basically fucked up the whole coolness of the First seat, he was like "Oh I'm the first seat lol who cares everyone's free to challenge me into a shokugeki for the first seat, like I care about the first seat"

Of course I'm happy that Tsukasa won because he is the only decent character in the whole Blue competition. But the plot is so god damn predictable that it's basically embarrassing, I haven't read the manga but I can already tell that Tsukasa will lose to the worst antagonist in the whole Food Wars series, Asahi, for the shock value and then Yukihira will avenge him. Worst plot ever. Chainsaw? Really? Cooking with a chainsaw? Actually I'm not surprised, because after they introduced the whole food KKK, nothing is surprising me.

Not enough ecchi scenes, I was hoping that they will improve the ecchi but nope, compare this seasons ecchi with earlier seasons ecchi. It sucks. And what is Tadokoro and Aldini doing over here? Just remove them from the cast already. I like how they ruined the AMAZING cast who were such a big part of Food Wars anime, but they still kept those 2 idiots.

The only redeeming quality this season has is the opening song from nano.RIPE it almost makes me sad because their song reminds me of the old seasons and I keep crying and bawling my eyes over how they ruined such a great anime with a great cast and great everything.
Arin-sanJul 31, 2020 11:14 AM

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 31, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2018
So far so good, had my doubts cuz I droped manga around this part, but I really like 5th season
Jul 31, 2020 11:45 AM
Oct 2019
did they even show megumis , takumis or the dark show cooking process yet again skipped !? , the usage of the characters are not that emphasize so much compared to previous arcs.the story just revolves on the protag and the antag.
Jul 31, 2020 11:47 AM
Oct 2019
Knight_Light said:
So far so good, had my doubts cuz I droped manga around this part, but I really like 5th season

the reason why too many people dropped the manga :

Jul 31, 2020 11:49 AM

Oct 2017
Chainsaw and Esdeath quality version cooking HYPEEEE :DDD
Jul 31, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2019
Man, I did like the whole convenience store aspect. But man, I wanted to see the dishes of Aldini and Megumin. I feel this season has become less food and less ecchi compare to other seasons. I know Soma won and he lost to Tsukasa but I still would have liked to know his value of his meal.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 31, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
That was quite a unique way of a cooking challenge. Use of anything bought in the convenience store, I like the challenge, But man, I really like Souma, but he sure is hogging all the screentime. We really need to see more of the dishes Aldini and Megumi make :(

I like this "hayasaka looking blondie", love how she wasn't able to pay out Souma, guess we'll never find out who won between Souma and Tsukasa!

Oh dear lord, Noir is becoming the center of attention next episode... A chainsaw, really??
Jul 31, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2020
Man really wanted to see the real price of Yukihara's second dish....
That bankrupt judge... XD
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Jul 31, 2020 1:07 PM

Nov 2018
I actually enjoyed this episode, probably the best one of the season yet, are they really going to ruin this season? Also, great to see Tsukasa Eishi getting more attention on this season, we didn't get to see much of his character on the other season, we just saw him as a "villain", or something.

And we got some more weird Noir members with weird designs showing up, and oh god, that girl is going to cook with a chainsaw on the next episode? That's weird, I am scared.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 31, 2020 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
This is definitely one of the better episodes of this season so far. =)

I do like the whole convenience store challenge, as it does make the chefs think more thoroughly about trying to make their store-brought food into something that would be worthy of being put into a high-class restaurant's menu.

Soma thought this would be easy as he's used items from stores like this in his past dishes, but he did make himself look like a fool as his first dish, although yummy looking, failed in style.

After Tsukasa showed everyone how it was done and also after the judge dissed Soma and his diner, like with many people in the past who dissed his diner's history before, Soma went back for a second attempt and this time, he was able to put the judge in her place with a very nice dish. Her foodgasm was pretty sexy, you know. =P

Now onto round 3, where we finally get to see more of the noir in action. Sarge and her chainsaw is up and I do wonder how the anime audience will react to the way she cooks her food...
Jul 31, 2020 1:27 PM
Jul 2019

Well, good thing that the 2nd trial of the competition has the contestant have two chances, Yukihira lost the 1st round and has to pay up 40 dollars, but passes the 2nd Try nearly bankrupting Ratabi
Jul 31, 2020 1:30 PM

Dec 2016
Souma was too lucky to have a second chance and with that, surprised the judge's expectations! At least he passed which is great :) I am too curious to know Souma's value for this second dish >>;
I also wanted to see Aldini and Tadokoro's dish for this challenge ;-; Do we ever get to see one during the BLUE??

It's funny how Noir are the only ones who doesn't use the chef outfits like everyone else. The lady with the chainsaw was just too much...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 31, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2019
Cooking with things from a combini is actually a good theme, I like that choice. It's cheap and everybody has the money to buy it, not like the expensive one's.

I mean it is happening for the fifth season already but still the most unfair competition...let's all fight Erina cause she is the director. I mean she still can deal with them....
Jul 31, 2020 2:00 PM
Jul 2020
TSUKASA ILYYY!!!
This is was an amazing episode, but like always there's the unnecessary nudity....
Solid 9/10. Can we please have a taste reaction atleast once without that?? Much appreciated. :)
Jul 31, 2020 3:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad that rindou isn't here, I must admit that Souma's second dish looks very good, I wanna taste it xD
Jul 31, 2020 4:02 PM

May 2019
Oh boy. Here comes the bullshit cooking tools part, that the manga readers warned me about…
Jul 31, 2020 4:49 PM

Jan 2018
Lol they built a convenience store just for this, the theme was interesting and it was a good episode.

Btw is it just me or is the cooking process way more rushed compared to the other seasons?
Jul 31, 2020 7:52 PM

Oct 2019
AntonioWux said:
Lol they built a convenience store just for this, the theme was interesting and it was a good episode.

Btw is it just me or is the cooking process way more rushed compared to the other seasons?

That is because the manga is also rushed...sadly
Jul 31, 2020 10:33 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This episode was much better, though I wish it were animated and not so rushed that the cast fails to exist beyond Souma. Not good enough to redeem the score, but at least enough to keep its head above water...with a few of these in a row, I could see myself bumping the score up. The whole evil chef idea makes that unlikely.

Just imagine how much better this all would have been if the conflict with Asami wasn't some weird war and then we had a nice gentle slice-of-life final arc at the school to sort out romance and continue to have fun learning about cooking and food. Next time you think you have to dial anything up an epic notch, stop and think really hard about whether or not that is necessary. You might just save yourself from being strapped to a rocket desk thinking it is a good idea as your body splatters on the ceiling.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 31, 2020 11:14 PM

Aug 2017
Nice ecchi here, I like the short judge. Looks like Rindo is out. I like how Soma always ignores the rules and still passes, such a non conformist. Tsukasa is kind of nice and likeable.

What are they making Erina do? Seems inhumane. This chainsaw stuff looks ludicrous.

Aug 1, 2020 5:01 AM

Jul 2019
My favourite test from the manga and they adapted it pretty well. ecchi is also back and was dearly missed up until now, since it is an essential part of the SnS formula. Skirts, thighs, moaning... humiliation. I love Japanese youth culture.

So much for a good part. Let us now see how they will deal with the bs cooking tool part. Cause' let me tell you one secret of fine dinning: everything tastes better when prepared with a chainsaw.
Aug 1, 2020 6:22 AM
Jun 2017
A CHAINSAW WILL BE USED NEXT WEEK IN COOKING.... lets see how will a chainsaw be used as a cooking utensil... hahaha
Aug 1, 2020 8:38 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was all about how good Tsukasa senpai and Yukihira are with their dishes even with extreme circumstances. That judge girl was a tsundere for sure but not for long.
At last we saw Esdeath in this show. Lol.
She ain't dead... She just got reincarnated.
Aug 1, 2020 10:19 AM
Jan 2017
I love it the theme from this episode. Convenience stores does have a intriguing set for improve all kind of plates. Really dope how Yukihira and the others find their way to make originals plates for a such specific competition. Was nice to see Eishi again, he seems more friendly and humble too. And what was that Esdeath copycat in the end lmao? Can't wait to see the next one!!
Aug 1, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
Now I finally understand the difference between 30 quid meals in a restaurant and a fiver at my local take away. They all use the same ingredients, its the chef which counts!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 1, 2020 11:19 AM
Mar 2015
Nevermind that this entire story arc feels way out of place. The way Tsukasa's and Souma's duel was done is just plain dumb.

Why tf would Souma lose in his first try in territory that's his own specialty? He's always been cooking using low cost ingredients, factoring in how much they cost, why would he suddenly suck at that?! Why the hell would Tsukasa - the guy who has only ever cooked using premium ingredients - be this good at it? One would expect him to require 2 rounds, not Souma.
Aug 1, 2020 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
Syureria said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems like this episode is not very interesting, making food from ingredients in the minimarket is not easy, especially here we have to pay attention to money. Tsukasa's part goes well even though the comment was unnecessary and the nudity scene too.

Aside from the Tsukasa part, Yukihira part is also goes well too. Even though Yukihira disappointed with the results, lol ... Prepare your money first.

As the poll poster I think you need to refrain from emotive language on how the episode should be judged. Your very first sentence said it is not very interesting, but as a Shokugeki style challenge which you would expect Yukihira to excel. However he was outshone without even realising it by the former first seat. It wasnt until his eyes were opened by the progress of his former seniors was he able to serve up the second dish of the challenge.

Do you even watch these shows before commenting on them? This was a brilliant episode which some great character development all around.
Aug 1, 2020 12:00 PM
Mar 2018
s it just me or did they change the las bit of the ed by puttiing tsukasa x asahi instead of souma x asahi?
Aug 1, 2020 12:21 PM

May 2015
damn i want some dollars too
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2020 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
Another episode that they "forgot" to show Tadokoro and Takumi's dishes. I'm so tired to see Tsukasa. He had a lot of development in the train arc (if I'm not mistaken). Why invite Tadokoro and Aldini if they're not gonna show them cooking? I love Souma, but the show is not only about him or Erina.
Aug 1, 2020 6:30 PM

Feb 2018
Roch2001 said:
Do you even watch these shows before commenting on them? This was a brilliant episode which some great character development all around.
I don't understand, I've read this manga until the end and yeah, this minimarket episode feels nothing. This is a forum, everyone is free to express their opinions. You think it's interesting is not a problem, but it feels boring to me.
Aug 1, 2020 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
oh god the chainsaw is real...

FireRifle64 said:
But man, I wanted to see the dishes of Aldini and Megumin. I feel this season has become less food and less ecchi compare to other seasons.

you’ve discovered two of many many complaints the manga readers had with this arc
Aug 1, 2020 10:53 PM
Apr 2018
EROIII!!!!!!
Thats a lot of worth to TSUKASA's dish.
The judge has no money left to give for SOUMA's dish. The judge was adorable, so it was a treat for eyes.
Aug 1, 2020 10:56 PM
Apr 2018
That chainsaw woman looked like ESDEATH from "Akame Ga Kill".
Aug 1, 2020 10:59 PM

Aug 2019
ChetanS said:
That chainsaw woman looked like ESDEATH from "Akame Ga Kill".

Same killer vibe as her fr fr.

I wonder if the scene will be as laughable as it was in the manga, either way I'm sure it'll be entertaining.
Aug 2, 2020 11:10 AM

Oct 2018
This episode was surprisingly good! Easily the best of this season till now. The ecchi was on point too and I really liked the judge as well. Really hyped for the next episode now.

Btw, can anyone tell me who the VA was for the short judge?
Aug 2, 2020 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
Syureria said:
Roch2001 said:
I don't understand, I've read this manga until the end and yeah, this minimarket episode feels nothing. This is a forum, everyone is free to express their opinions. You think it's interesting is not a problem, but it feels boring to me.

This is a forum for the anime, if you want to discuss the mange maybe you should go post there. They are two completely different mediums. If you are so bored go post your filth somewhere else.
Aug 2, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
I mean the episode was pretty interesting but ngl it feels really rushed. It's going way too fast in my opinion. Also, they should stop saying that stop making fun of him just because he works in a diner, kinda getting old AND WHERE IS TODOROKI AND TOKAMI'S DISHES??!?!?!?
Aug 2, 2020 2:54 PM

Apr 2016
I enjoyed the last two episodes, so I’m happy. I hope the rest of the season will be at least good. I’m a bit positive now, I was very pessimistic two episodes ago.
Aug 2, 2020 4:41 PM

Aug 2017

Hahaha Megumin's comment when she said that "What a fighting spirit although it is sad that it is in front of a mini-market" was very funny. The second test was not as good as the previous one, again nor did they show what Megumin and Aldini did. Moreover, it makes me think how Tsukasa could lose against Souma last season (well, plot armor, Souma didn't even deserve the First Seat in the first place with how rushed it was all so im glad that people don't respect him) with the quality of the dish he made. The end was funny, wtf that girl doing a cosplay of Esdeath with a chainsaw. Just a generous 3/5 for that final scene lol.
NurguburuAug 2, 2020 4:45 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2020 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
damn! Tsukasa is still all powerful as ever! but i don't think those three from Noir are better than Tsukasa...maybe by a close margin...
5/5.

Aug 3, 2020 1:03 AM

Jun 2017
That chainsaw was preposterous! I'm glad to see Tsukasa didn't even flinch.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.