Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 21, 2020 6:13 AM
Apr 2020
Another great episode!
Mira can actually fight even without her sword. Daewi has great moves too! And Jin Mori just became more OP! What is that fruit that he ate? Is that a devil fruit? lol

Jul 21, 2020 6:17 AM
Apr 2020
NaiSk8 said:
Apparently the anime, especially this episode, is not sticking true to the Webtoon and Webtoon readers are Not Happy about it.

Some Webtoon readers are always not happy about the adaptations. Just like in the case of Tower of God. Some manhwa readers complain about almost everything.

Jul 21, 2020 6:33 AM

Apr 2012
The whole anime is so energetic I love it, also the animation is amazing.
Jul 21, 2020 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
light1150 said:
Kinben69 said:

And Mori using his legs on weak opponents at start of tournament, and the battle between Mira and Miseon, and not introducing his grandpa's arch nemesis.

Meh on Him using his legs it gets really old really fast. As well the battle between mir and miseon was way better than the webtoon. The webtoon was an absolute joke that ended on the dumbest note possible (lol I can’t have a harem with one arm therefore I lose) I agree about not showing bonchim that I will agree.

The ending to mira and miseon was not the best in the webtoon but was far better than the anime. A comedic anticlimatic ending is better than a serious anticlimatic ending in my book. It reminded me of the Shikamaru against Temari surrender in the chunin exams in Naruto, one of my favorite scenes of that character. And Mori not using his legs on weak opponents while also building up the suspense of what he is able to do is better than to blow it out of the park in the first episode.
Jul 21, 2020 7:33 AM

Jun 2017
Yes, Taekwondo! With stands!
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jul 21, 2020 7:42 AM

Apr 2020
Anyone else find it funny that an American and a Korean walk into a boxing ring and are speaking Japanese to each other XD
Jul 21, 2020 8:15 AM
Jul 2020
Ao_Blue said:
NaiSk8 said:
Apparently the anime, especially this episode, is not sticking true to the Webtoon and Webtoon readers are Not Happy about it.

Some Webtoon readers are always not happy about the adaptations. Just like in the case of Tower of God. Some manhwa readers complain about almost everything.

Because they have the right to do so. This ep just cut off 2 important character who help to establish/explain the story
Jul 21, 2020 8:46 AM
Jun 2020
yuno1009 said:
Ao_Blue said:

Because they have the right to do so. This ep just cut off 2 important character who help to establish/explain the story

Yeah, was pretty mad that the anime didn’t introduce
let’s hope mappa know what they’re doing and not rush things up
Jul 21, 2020 9:11 AM
Jul 2020
Kinben69 said:
light1150 said:

Meh on Him using his legs it gets really old really fast. As well the battle between mir and miseon was way better than the webtoon. The webtoon was an absolute joke that ended on the dumbest note possible (lol I can’t have a harem with one arm therefore I lose) I agree about not showing bonchim that I will agree.

The ending to mira and miseon was not the best in the webtoon but was far better than the anime. A comedic anticlimatic ending is better than a serious anticlimatic ending in my book. It reminded me of the Shikamaru against Temari surrender in the chunin exams in Naruto, one of my favorite scenes of that character. And Mori not using his legs on weak opponents while also building up the suspense of what he is able to do is better than to blow it out of the park in the first episode.

That’s the thing the mah miseon fight wasn’t even funny, it was just flat out stupid. I could see where you are coming from if it was actually funny but it wasn’t. It quite literally ends when just because she would damage her arm and not have her harem anymore (which makes no sense by the way). We will just agree to disagree about Mori’s legs. We see it use it one time and then it doesn’t become special anymore, it’s a ok little twist that largely does not matter or is inconsequential at least to me.
Jul 21, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2012
Aaah almost all of the distinct badass looking fighters from the first episode are gone already...
I feel like the fights are quite superficial somehow... Flashy without much real martial arts?
Oh well still nice so far
Jul 21, 2020 10:45 AM
May 2017
franzdrake said:
That animation was genuinely amazing. It’s what is carrying this show for me.

Starting to dislike this show overall though. It seems like this anime’s main purpose is for making cool fights rather telling an interesting story. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea.

Yeah, this is a series that you have be in it purely for the fights. I've read pretty deep into the webtoon, and honestly, I wouldn't say the story impressed me at any point. There are some characters I enjoy, but not many. I figured I would watch the anime to see how they'd pull off the fights, and not much else.

All of the Big Three of Webtoon have some glaring flaws. God of High School lacks substance, Noblesse is extremely repetitive, and Tower of God is dense and slow, and can admittedly be boring at times. God of High School is by far my least favorite of the three, but I'll still keep watching. I'm interested to see how they'll change things up.
Jul 21, 2020 10:53 AM

Oct 2018
Hot damn 3 sakuga fights in one episode. MAPPA niceee.

Eating fruits to gain powers sounds like One Piece.

Han Daewi fight was indeed the highlight. He's fighting because he need money for that ill boy. Damn I'm here to hype not to feel :''''(

The last fight got a STANDO xD is that a Persona reference. I wonder if Mori has a stand also xD

Jul 21, 2020 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Cmon Goku you can do it!
Jul 21, 2020 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
I can't stand the main character. A happy-go-lucky power house annoying his opponents by lack of caring is a trope, but here, imo, he's earnestly annoying. The dude is hyper and cheerful all the time, the only features he has is his grandpa and liking fruit, he takes nothing seriously because it's child's play for him, he doesn't show his feelings or connect truly with people - why should I care or feel sympathy? Like, he is already the goal of all powers-to-be, the strongest, everybody at the lead pay attention to him and want him (going as far as sabotaging their own). He continues to say how he wants to fight his new "friends" despite the fact that he knows he's stronger and it will crush their dreams. I wish he would just go and fuck with the main tournament host already and leave others to compete between humans.

I was told they would go into mysticism, but I hoped for a good tournament arc first. But the tournament is already sabotaged. They don't show fights properly, rules are broken all the time, the facade for the public isn't upheld (they openly summon, judges enter the ring, etc.) Both tension and choreography of the fights took a hit already. And power asspulls are unreal, tbh.

And there's some weird fanservice. Like actual working nurses wearing booth babes outfits, or the gagged girl, or the book dude being happy when hit in the balls, or chibis in weird moments, and the goal of the female wrestler.

All in all, I had high hopes, but ep. 3 disappoints me. I still enjoy the dynamism, but idk if I will finish this. For me good fights need a proper context to work, in the end.
Jul 21, 2020 12:26 PM
Jul 2019
Ooooh so Yoo is as deadly without her boken, too bad for Ma Mi Sun....

Did they just skip that Jin Vs Gang fight????
Jul 21, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
AnimeFanTalk said:
1. Absolutely love the comedy in this episode
2. Breathtaking choreography
3. My love for Yoo-Mina is growing, I really hope that wooden katana gets replaced by a real one or something

1. Unrealistic use of a metal bat. I prefer the swing and smack than what was in this episode
2. Unrealistic use of fruits. Veggie based diets are not the best for fighters to replenish their body. This should be common knowledge to Jin but he eats the fruits regardless.

My biggest gripe had to be that ending. A demon just comes out of this guys mouth and Jin starts fighting with it. I don't know if it was made clear that demons would be involved in this but it should've been present in the first episode. The first episode (to me) demonstrates that GOH will be about hand to hand combat now I'm just learning demons are involved? Realism (in terms of fighting) just brought my scoring for GOH a little lower now until it gets explained.

Even then, the explanation has to be plausible.
literally the first episode had a guy who slammed a whole island to kill the lawyers
Jul 21, 2020 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
ironace said:
AnimeFanTalk said:
3. My love for Yoo-Mina is growing, I really hope that wooden katana gets replaced by a real one or something

1. Unrealistic use of a metal bat. I prefer the swing and smack than what was in this episode
2. Unrealistic use of fruits. Veggie based diets are not the best for fighters to replenish their body. This should be common knowledge to Jin but he eats the fruits regardless.

My biggest gripe had to be that ending. A demon just comes out of this guys mouth and Jin starts fighting with it. I don't know if it was made clear that demons would be involved in this but it should've been present in the first episode. The first episode (to me) demonstrates that GOH will be about hand to hand combat now I'm just learning demons are involved? Realism (in terms of fighting) just brought my scoring for GOH a little lower now until it gets explained.

literally the first episode had a guy who slammed a whole island to kill the lawyers

Great! Why wasn't it brought up again? Why can these dudes have supernatural powers slapping islands and throwing up demons out of their mouth but our MC and almost the entire cast are using hand to hand combat martial arts?

I mentioned it here in another reply but I'm all for the supernatural god-demon abilities, I would at least like an explanation cause this last episode just left me with more questions.

That blonde guy who Jin wants to fight, does he have a demon? Can we just starting throwing out monsters in a marital art fight? Wheres the honor in that? Whats the point in having a tournament if these commissioners are top tiers with monsters powers?

I'm just looking for plausibility in the story. I know it's coming, but until then I'm just calling what I see.

AnimeFanTalkJul 21, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 21, 2020 1:36 PM

Oct 2015
It's made me look into the WebToon.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jul 21, 2020 2:15 PM

Mar 2020
Watch this stupid fruit be like the arrow in Jojo where if you eat it and survive you become a stand user.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 21, 2020 2:26 PM
Sep 2018
Was really hyped for this adaption. Normally I wouldn't mind the fast pace but they're changing too much of the plot and leaving out important and epic scenes. I was looking forward to Jin Yae Jins introduction.
Jul 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Sep 2019
Lmao what is it with these Tokyo Ghoul Re style fight scenes where all you see are a flurry of movement, and then a character all of a sudden getting hit in an after the fact way. This was less apparent within the first episode, but was really clear in the second episode with the MC's triple kick or whatever. Then this episode it happens galore with the bat dude hitting Han. Because animation and style are all GoH has going for it basically, if those start to decline, this might start lookin like a Tower of God adaptation pretty damn soon.
Jul 21, 2020 4:22 PM

Aug 2015
Ao_Blue said:

Is not complaining about everything, is the fact that the story is not reflected in a good manner. ToG is way better in the webtoon because almost everything made sense, but the anime cut and changed a lot of things giving an "overall" familiar feeling to the original, but not being too faithful.

-------------------------------------
The animation was quite amazing, but I´m sure all of the fights covered at least an entire chapter in the manwha. Definitively feels rushed. Also, while I like the series so far (it´s a no brainer battle shonen set in a tournament, come on) the characters elude 0 originality. Mori is a copy of Goku, Mira is Zoro/Kuina, and the serious dude is cool, he is the most interesting one.
Jul 21, 2020 4:31 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
The fights in this show are pretty solid, The end of episode 2 in particular had me hyped. But the slice of life shit in this show makes me want to drop it so badly.

Also all the characters suck, hae is alright but mostly because he's quiet. His backstory lame and tropey as hell though.
Jul 21, 2020 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
The story telling leaves a lot to desire. Fight choreography is okay, I dig the art and animation and that's pretty much it.
Jul 21, 2020 5:10 PM
May 2020
Wait so can someone explain why jin mori won? All he did was take the guys glasses off and push him lol I expected them to fight till someone gets knocked out
Jul 21, 2020 5:35 PM
Apr 2020
yuno1009 said:
Ao_Blue said:

Beeruz said:
yuno1009 said:

Yeah, was pretty mad that the anime didn’t introduce
let’s hope mappa know what they’re doing and not rush things up

Story ain't done. They still have plenty of time to introduce those characters. Come on, it's just episode 3.

Pakumen- said:
Ao_Blue said:

Is not complaining about everything, is the fact that the story is not reflected in a good manner. ToG is way better in the webtoon because almost everything made sense, but the anime cut and changed a lot of things giving an "overall" familiar feeling to the original, but not being too faithful.

But, the author himself gave the anime team liberty. I'm pretty sure he gave them permission. You can watch a Crunchyroll feature video as a proof of this.

Jul 21, 2020 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
DruMzTV said:
finished the episode and it got even worse.

I truly hope there are people out there who can find enjoyment in this thing.

But for an action anime, i need:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
not reused footage from the anime in the Opening
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it

>Better Frame Rate

Hate to break it to you my guy but that's not how 2D anime works. it's all 24 FPS.
Jul 21, 2020 6:43 PM

Oct 2015
I was kinda hoping some of the characters in the opening were going to be fleshed out in future episodes. I mean they still can, but I meant as fighters.

Or who knows; maybe people who are out come back again. I mean the battle royale certainly didn't have a conclusion.
Jul 21, 2020 7:07 PM
Mar 2015
Our crew won despite the fruit test
Jul 21, 2020 7:50 PM

Aug 2017
The first fight was awful and short. I'm glad that the last two fights were 100% better (especially the second, I could feel the punches).
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Apr 2014
Was that a stand??
Jul 21, 2020 9:06 PM
Oct 2019
Ok, so we are having stands now?! I'm not so sure what is happening now, but it sure is exciting!
Jul 21, 2020 9:22 PM

Feb 2019
this is the perfect example of a rush adaptation, although i never read the manhwa it is obvious that this is rushed as hell. A guy pulling a demon ghost clown out of its ass without any explanation it is not the problem, this is so accelerated that there is no way to assimilate so madness and it becomes totally implausible and boring.
Jul 22, 2020 1:31 AM
Jul 2020
Even though there are a lot of random stuff happening right now, some were rushed, some were hidden on purpose, I still surprise that you guys believe this show is all about martial art. I mean, there is a dude crush an island by his palm at the very first moment

And due to its limitation (13 ep is too short) they already have to spoil/hint some major stuff. Im a bit sad that it not that effective cuz western audience is not familiar with orient culture, hence they have no clue what they gonna witness. If you are Asian or interested in Asian mythology, you might notice something
Jul 22, 2020 1:45 AM

Jan 2020
Came here expecting a solid martial arts anime .
But now there's Devil Fruits and Stands? I'm kinda confused.

Ngl, kinda let down since my expectations were really different.
Still, it's a good show and I hope it gets better within the superpowered genre too. Excited for the next eps!!

4/5 episode
Jul 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Jan 2020
I really enjoyed this episode to say the least.

A total of 3 fights occurred in this episode, all of which were entertaining, despite them being short, and the winners being really obvious. Especially, Han's fight was really fun to watch. Han's objective behind winning the tournament is more detailedly explored, which adds a satisfactory amount to his character development.

Out of all the seasonals I'm currently watching, The God of High School easily has the best opening and ending. Both of them have catchy songs with great visuals. The soundtrack is also decent.

The animation is still very decent. Somehow, the red noses have stopped being a bother for me and I've pretty much gotten used to them. They don't hinder my enjoyment anymore. But I have a problem with the fight scenes. Although I'm not familiar with martial arts, I don't think the fight scenes are a correct representation of martial arts. It's not that big of a problem, though.

Overall, a very entertaining episode with lots of action. I'm enjoying this anime quite a lot so far. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
IrrelevantGuyJul 22, 2020 2:12 AM
Jul 22, 2020 2:08 AM

Nov 2018
This episode was meh, Mira's fight was pretty damn bad, and i dont mean the animation...The whole "i'll get my ass kicked and turn the fight with a one hit KO atack out of nowhere" was done pretty badly, whats the point in using a sword if she is stronger withoud one? then Han fight just went and did the the whole "start losing and turn it around", but it just did it much better, wich served to show how terrible the first fight was in comparrison.

I liked the guy's stand at the last fight tho, "martial arts" make an appearance in nothing but name in this, being overly exagerated to hell just like it is in dragon ball, anyone expecting otherwise should have finaly got it now.
TougenJul 22, 2020 2:18 AM
Jul 22, 2020 2:52 AM
Jun 2015
Welp this shit just got so boring. What happened to the energy that was the first episode with the bike ride and when everyone was beating the shit out of each other. God even the fights suck now and the sakuga doesn't save them im afraid. 0 enjoyment. Hell now i think Tower of God was the better show.
Jul 22, 2020 3:05 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was very ridiculous. The script of this anime is very weak. Time and some of moments pass unbelievably fast...
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jul 22, 2020 4:18 AM
Jun 2019
WHAT IN THE JOJO!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2020 4:24 AM

Jun 2020
The fights are pretty hype in this show, but the story this far has lacked substance. After the introductions of the main trio I believe I could have just skipped everything except the fights and not have missed any real character development. The only character that has a motivation that's somewhat interesting to me is Daewi, but I'm not sure it's enough to carry me through the whole series. Hope the story gets more engaging in the future.
Jul 22, 2020 6:11 AM
Jun 2020
Man just brought out a stand out of no where.
Jul 22, 2020 7:45 AM

Aug 2017
narekokr said:

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13

yep, that's the first thing that came to my mind lmao.

Now that I look at this, the eyes of this Stand(we haven't been given any name for this in the show as of now) and that of Jin's look alike.

Interesting...
Jul 22, 2020 8:26 AM

Oct 2011
AnimeFanTalk said:

The whole anime is super power based (not like Baki but more like Shaman King). Yeah, they don't do it from the beginning but with every new arc things will be less brawl type and more abilily concentrated. You decide if you can enjoy it or not

As for why he enjoyed the fruit that's related to the MC's true identity which you won't find out for a few seasons (been so long, don't remember when it was revealed)

Jul 22, 2020 8:56 AM

May 2018
Lots of great action this episode as well! It's funny how the matches always start normal and then suddenly the attacks go all super power xD
Jul 22, 2020 11:39 AM

Mar 2018
Another pathetic episode animation wise. Talking only of animation cuz it doesn't seem like this anime got anything other than action.
The body proportions are still atrocious and not just during in-betweens but in key frames too. The animation while smooth, has a variety of problems. The camera is set weirdly. The perspective is distorted. The combat doesn't flow properly, etc.

Lol.
Jul 22, 2020 12:11 PM
Apr 2020
Idk, I marked it down from a nine to an eight after it but I'm curious to see what they do. The fight scenes were pure eye candy and that wrestling chick is best girl at the moment XD
Jul 22, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2015
Setting and characters are definitely terrible, but you can't deny it the direction alongside with the production makes the show entertaining. Hopefully it will stay a 7/10 for me. Anything more than that is absurd considering how bad the story is
Jul 22, 2020 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
Okazaki93 said:
The fights in this show are pretty solid, The end of episode 2 in particular had me hyped. But the slice of life shit in this show makes me want to drop it so badly.

Also all the characters suck, hae is alright but mostly because he's quiet. His backstory lame and tropey as hell though.
is hae the one that wants money for his boyfriend or something
so much has happened in three episodes but nothing really has happened

Jul 22, 2020 6:58 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
hverfa said:
Okazaki93 said:

is hae the one that wants money for his boyfriend or something
so much has happened in three episodes but nothing really has happened

Lmao yep. And yeah, every fight has just been to establish how STRONG!!!!!!! the main three characters are by showing them beating the standard tournament riff raff.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.