Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 14, 2020 6:21 PM
May 2017
Holly this show is a mess, manhwa's really don't seem to have a good start breaking into anime, hopefully the next one is better.

Can't be to early to judge, got a lot left to go, but if it continues on as it is now the show will be forgotten in a few seasons.
Jul 14, 2020 6:29 PM

Mar 2015
I don't know what the trope is called nor do I know how it was taken in the manhwa but I believe sometimes tries too much epicness.
Jul 14, 2020 8:51 PM
Oct 2016
TinyG said:
Holly this show is a mess, manhwa's really don't seem to have a good start breaking into anime, hopefully the next one is better.

It's probably because of the 13 episode limitations. What crunchyroll should have done was instead of choosing three popular webtoons and dividing the budget(which may have limited the episodes?), they should have just chosen one with all the budget. If it turned out to be a success, they could proceed to adapt another webtoon.

The Tower of God adaption was average at best but could have been great. This God of Highschool adaption could be great since the director and author seem to really care but it potentionally could have been amazing or even more had crunchyroll really thought it through.

Jul 14, 2020 9:09 PM

Aug 2015
Every single episode's flight is as bombastic as the climactic big boss fight of an entire season's arc lol
Jul 14, 2020 9:18 PM
Jun 2012
The noses and ears make this ugly. Also doing a terrible job explaining what is going on.
Jul 14, 2020 9:25 PM

Apr 2016
I honestly have no idea what is even going on! The absolute lack of direction is so obvious, And you guys honestly fell for the cool animation and music in order to ride the dick of this anime.

It's pretty mediocre so far let's be honest
Jul 14, 2020 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
shane_nichols said:
Notifications said:

I would love to know how this could be compared to inuyashiki (havent read manhwa if its there..)
All three of them were made by Mappa lol

All of them are from different directors, so no, you can't compare them.
Jul 14, 2020 11:30 PM

Mar 2016
As always there are some salty Webtoon readers who constantly have to judge the series in relation to the source material.

People really need to grow up.
Jul 14, 2020 11:36 PM

Nov 2011
Nice fights, nothing else to see so far.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 14, 2020 11:48 PM

May 2018
Of course the Webtoon/Manga readers would complain, they always do that.

Great show so far, it's in my top 3 anime of the season.
Jul 15, 2020 1:07 AM

Apr 2019
As an anime only, I have enjoyed these past couple eps. I have a feeling though that they may have rushed through/skipped some of the webtoon? Can readers confirm this? It just feels a little rushed especially how quickly the trio became buddies + feels like some of the character development was sped through, but the animation and the fights are really great and the plot seems like it's gonna get interesting so I can kind of ignore the pacing a little. I do think it's disappointing that they had to sacrifice better development to fit these stories into 12 episodes though, hopefully with a potential future sequel they'll be able to push the episode limit up considering the popularity and success of TOG.
Jul 15, 2020 7:52 AM

Mar 2020
this shit started off weird thought i missed an episode or something had to rewatch the end of episode 1 just to make sure
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 15, 2020 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Dariat said:

I've not read it so only going based on entirely first impressions. I wish it either focused on the fight scenes to near exclusivity or gave a bit more meat to the backstories. Of course it's only two episodes in but it feels like it's tried to fit too much of both in; to their detriment.

I was super hyped after the first episode and then bam, it entirely lost it's focus and momentum and felt rushed.
Jul 15, 2020 8:51 AM

Dec 2018
Choreography in this show is insane
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jul 15, 2020 9:18 AM

Apr 2019
this episode was 90% on fire

the tournament was super lit and the fights where thrilling and that pre fight interaction was good

the other 10% was the lack of proper world building as it goes for that weird panty guy (what happen) the infiltration of the organization in the us headquarters and why tf everyone lives so close to each other

it either becomes a full 100% lit if the revelations and side story converge to importance of the main fights or it will be a wacky 70/30 of being cool/bad if they leave it at that.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Jul 15, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2019
This has become one of my favourite anime of the year so far, in terms of balls to the wall action.

There isn't much of a plot to speak of yet, and we've only seen glimpses of characters and their backstories, but I'm still enjoying it for now. Hopefully we'll get more as the series progresses.

Getting Goku vibes from the MC.

4/5
Jul 15, 2020 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode.
A bit of this, a bit of that~ Good fights, good comedy. Keep it commin
Jul 15, 2020 2:31 PM

Sep 2017
I really underestimated this show
That was lit af
خ
Jul 15, 2020 2:52 PM
Sep 2018
Sourire said:
Hopefully MAPPA doesnt rush through the story of Jujutsu Kaizen and AOT S4 as well or Imma be really mad. Dont care much for the story of GOH tbh.

MAPPA most recent work Dorohedoro was quite rushed but it was still very enjoyable, so i think MAPPA might be able to pull off 'rushed pacing adaptation'. Tho ideally they shouldnt but if the amount of content they want to cover is less than 2 seasons' worth, it cant be helped. its better than dragging out with fillers imo. i hope they make at least 2 seasons, 26-28 episodes for AOT
zetton2Jul 15, 2020 3:32 PM
Jul 15, 2020 3:31 PM
Sep 2018
I think people need to realise that webtoons are mostly written by amateurs. While I do think the anime suffers from rush pacing, the source material itself is not great. I have read a number of webtoons, while I havent read TGOH, when I was watching TOG while reading the webtoon, the writing is still bad. I'm not saying webtoon authors cant write good stories, but i think we should cut them some slack. The anime really didnt help their case though.
I really hate TOG and learned from it that webtoons are really hard to be adapted in terms of pacing, not to mention it was an originals adaptation (looking at you Netflix). The only reason I was hyped about this show is that it was made by MAPPA that is very consistently good for the past few years and the trailer looks amazing. I came to this show only for the animations and without any expectations for the plot or character. I got it to my full satisfaction. Best in terms of animation this year. That's good enough. I just hope it doesnt end up like Gleipnir where only the first 2 episodes and last episode got the best animations though.
Jul 15, 2020 5:09 PM
Apr 2013
I can see why so many people like this adaption. It just fits the 10 seconds attention span of today's kids. The anime just shows something new every couple of seconds so the Fortnite generation doesn't get bored. Personally I really like the animation style and I have to admit that the fights in the Webtoon version are sometimes hard to follow, but as someone who's not hyperactive, the pacing is just too fast and the story is left behind at the moment.

I never understood why so many people complained about the missing parts and rushed story in Tower of God, because imho they didn't skip anything important except of maybe that one dialog between Bam and the test director. As someone who read the Webtoon after the anime, I didn't get any new information that I found important. But I can see why people complain about the adaption of GoHS, because almost all story related elements are skipped at the moment.
advocatusJul 15, 2020 5:24 PM
Jul 15, 2020 5:37 PM

Apr 2018
Weezneez said:
As an anime only, I have enjoyed these past couple eps. I have a feeling though that they may have rushed through/skipped some of the webtoon? Can readers confirm this? It just feels a little rushed especially how quickly the trio became buddies + feels like some of the character development was sped through, but the animation and the fights are really great and the plot seems like it's gonna get interesting so I can kind of ignore the pacing a little. I do think it's disappointing that they had to sacrifice better development to fit these stories into 12 episodes though, hopefully with a potential future sequel they'll be able to push the episode limit up considering the popularity and success of TOG.

Thissss.. I'm also an anime viewer. I do feel like they rushed it but for some odd reason, it doesn't bother me. I feel like we got brief introductions with those 3 and it seems to be enough (as of now). We're only 2 episodes in so it's too soon to be able to say anything. Let's see how this will end.
Jul 15, 2020 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
Its second butthe series have weird direction and bland as possible characters. The animation that main selling point has dropped. The number of characters and their role is generic as well. The cross guy is OP so far, but I have feeling that star eyed MC is the most OP of all in that tournament. Overall lackluster episode and best thing happen this episode is constant shilling of product.

Jul 15, 2020 8:25 PM

May 2013
Love ep 2. But the beginning bit about the sword and machinery on the neck made me hella confused. I thought I missed an end credit scene from the opening ep or something, but apparently it's just like that? Like.... dufuq????

I'ts not often that I have an issue with anime flow. Gotta knock it down 0.5 points from its score for now. If the action pack and storyline stays great, I can overlook it.
Jul 15, 2020 9:15 PM
Oct 2012
The mc is annoying..and people said Bam was generic.
Jul 15, 2020 9:56 PM
Apr 2016
Obviously this show is hella fun. I'm wondering if there will be more substance to it though. So far it's been all show, not much tell.

I'm not digging the pink noses though.
Jul 15, 2020 10:08 PM

Mar 2019
Always Expect the Unexpected...

This Began with a 10... and keeps going up!!... 11/10....

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 16, 2020 2:53 AM

Jan 2015
In manhwa it felt more epic because Jin was sleeping during their fight and then he steps in.
Jul 16, 2020 3:06 AM

Dec 2018
Imo it was so boring in the beginning but then it pick up the pace

As mindless fighting trash its pretty entertaining

Jul 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, that fight packed a lot of punch. Very impressed with that at the very least
Jul 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Apr 2019
6AMDiary said:
Weezneez said:

Thissss.. I'm also an anime viewer. I do feel like they rushed it but for some odd reason, it doesn't bother me. I feel like we got brief introductions with those 3 and it seems to be enough (as of now). We're only 2 episodes in so it's too soon to be able to say anything. Let's see how this will end.

Yeah ! I totally agree with you. I think if it continues to rush things it could start feeling quite jarring, but I'm hoping that it will only improve from here and I still really enjoyed these two eps despite my qualms. I'm excited to see where it goes :D
Jul 16, 2020 6:55 AM

Aug 2016
It is not because he is boring but Man-Seok Gang was helped by his assistants and he broke the rule.
Jul 16, 2020 7:29 AM

Jun 2017
Yes
Taekwondo!

Taekwondo/10 for me
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jul 16, 2020 10:28 AM

Dec 2018
Not as good as episode 1. I can see it was a rushed episode.
Mira just broke someone neck and she just said man-seok beats the Taichi guy are horrible? Lol..
The good thing in this episode are just the fighting animation.

Jul 16, 2020 10:44 AM

May 2018
Oh man, Jin just jumped too soon , it looks like he just can't wait to kick Gan Man-suk 's ass.....

Jul 16, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2018
Wowee Mappa went full out on animating this episode :O there is no way that they can keep this up for the rest of the sesaon
Jul 16, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2018
Zexus95 said:
shane_nichols said:
All three of them were made by Mappa lol

All of them are from different directors, so no, you can't compare them.

so what if they are from different directors? We can compare whatever we want.
Jul 16, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2020
THEY REMOVED BARACK FUCKING OBAMA
Jul 16, 2020 1:41 PM
Mar 2020
RihanD said:
Arin-san said:

Exactly my freakin point. Wasn't it supposed to be a battle royale? Then why's there more than one contender. Also what happened to the fight between Jin and that other big evil dude? I thought they would've picked up where they left from, but they didn't. It feels WAY TOO rushed, and I don't even read webtoon and I can already tell that this is rushed.
Nothing to do untill someone who read the webtoon come & explains it to us!!!

The battle royale was just to eliminate the fodder. Like the last 32 participants standing qualifies.
The fight between Jin and the prison dude was interrupted by Mira who broke Jin's neck(as shown in flashback & Jin was barely standing after that so wasn't eliminated).

It's quite sad but I would expect more confusion in the coming weeks as the anime will adapt 112 chapters in 13 episodes and till now it has only covered up to Ch13(considering the skipped part it only has adapted 10 chapters) which means they have to adapt almost 10 chapters per episode or cut the shit out of it.
Jul 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Aug 2017
Can't stand the main girl, annoying. Kinda rushed of how quickly they became friends.

The fight was pretty good, I don't like that they try to victimize the black dude but overall was amazing. -.-
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 16, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 2011
Does the author have some kinda nose-fetish? Everyone looks like they have fucking beaks and everyone is constantly having a cold. Makes the noses in Kaiji look sexy.

https://imgur.com/JAzXjJd
Jul 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
it was awesome to see Jin Mori's Renewal Taekwondo!!!
5/5!

Jul 17, 2020 12:00 AM
Jun 2020
A little bit disappointed on how they animate mori's tri kick. I prefer the webtoon animation on that kick.
Jul 17, 2020 12:13 AM
Jun 2017
10/10
great/great

confirmed--- my second favorite anime this season aside from re zero

THAT BATTLE IS JUST TOO AWESOME... POWERFUL ATTACKS, CONSECUTIVE HITS FROM EACH CONTESTANTS...

this is a must watch show...
Jul 17, 2020 1:30 AM
May 2020
I like it so far, the story seems really interesting, I hope it will stay like this :))
Jul 17, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
Action is still amazing so far. I felt really bad for the closed eye guy when he was getting destroyed.

I didn't expect Jin Mori to be so op!
Jul 17, 2020 6:12 AM

Jul 2016
Dariat said:

Number 1 for me so far.
Jul 17, 2020 11:25 AM

Jan 2020
FMmatron said:
Mah Miseon for best girl this season.

Still fast paced and most likely this won't change, but for this kind of series it's not really diminishing the enjoyment, it's nonetheless fun to watch.

you can say that again

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Jul 17, 2020 3:26 PM
Jul 2020
Wow, just... wow.

I really love this anime already! The animation, the characters, the colors, the story, everything in the anime feels so alive and energetic and it fills my heart with joy! I haven't felt this excited and hyped for an anime ever since One Punch Man came out five years ago.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!

I loved every second of it, and I have very high hopes, hopefully this will turn out to be amazing in the long run.

Jul 17, 2020 6:01 PM

Feb 2015
Well, the tournament is progressing fast. I enjoyed the characters’ motivations and the little background that we got, I’m especially liking Daewi, having a strong reason to fight is part of being a fighter. Even I, felt Mira’s anger. I felt like Manseok was only used to introduce a power that we’re gonna see more during the show development, like a little villain, I thought he would be more, but I’ll wait for what the show offers me. An ability named charyeok, or something.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.