Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, we got a serious episode about a case involving the mysteroius Mr X for the series' finale. I have to say, they managed to make this episode somewhat thrilling in terms of the eerie storytelling vibes.

I really do hope Takuboku takes care of his own body more though. As far as I'm concerned this show was kinda interesting from start to finish.
Jun 29, 2020 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
Ishikawa is still trying to establish his "Culprit X", from all the cases in the series so far, while battling cancer that's been going non-stop for episodes on end.

Planning for Kyousuke's birthday with the other detectives, that went as quick as it came by.

To suspect Kayo being his "Culprit X", it's nothing more than heresy for the accused, but a ploy from Ishikawa to put an end to the farce that's been built up from the beginning.

So a family in bloodshed, which remains of Kayo's memories.

And as far as I'm concerned, this show ends in decent favour. Not great but not bad either.
Jun 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Oct 2009
I'm ... not quite sure what happened here. In regards to the resolution of all those cases. I mean - I guess I'm a little confused? But that's just me being tired. Probably.

On another note though... I'm so glad they tied it up the way they did. It was melancholic, but there was a positive tone to it, somehow, and especially with that smile at the end that was just precious. I'm glad I didn't have to endure even more emotional stress - something I was very afraid of, what with Ishikawa's illness throughout... what, half the series? Yeah....
Jun 29, 2020 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh is how I felt about this series.

It had nice art, nice sound, but the mcs were just terrible in my view. Or least one were.

Liked the surprise though, of who it was.
Jun 29, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2019
Well that was a thing I watched.
Jun 29, 2020 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
I just wish more anime should based on alive people so that I won't feel sad.
Jun 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Nov 2019
"Life is short,
so fall in love, young ladies.
Before the crimson fades from your lips...
Before the passion in your blood cools
For there is no such thing as tomorrow."

"Look, again today...
an airplane flies high in pale blue skies
A young man who works waiting tables
happens to have the day off, a Sunday.
Together at home with his mother
who suffers from consumption
he works away at his reader,
educating himself, tiring his eyes..."

---

I like the last episode.
Some episodes were good. Nice art. The ending song is beautiful. The poetry is my favorite part.
Jun 29, 2020 11:21 AM
Nov 2017
Loved the last poem by Isamu,

give the show a 6/10
Jun 29, 2020 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
Wow that was actually quite an unexpected culprit lmao. Tbh though, this ep kinda felt more like just another ep. with a bit of conclusion stuck to it. Would've liked to see a bit more of Ishikawa coming to terms that his time is up (kinda like 2 eps ago)

Overall though, I don't think the show is as bad as recognized. In a way it kinda reminds me of Red Dead Redemption 2 in the sense of how you play as the "bad guy" until tube. hits and suddenly you're trying to right your wrongs (if you choose that route) which is what it was trying to show with Ishikawa. Ishikawa himself was kinda interesting, because he had good ideas behind his motives for the most part (like sending that prostitute to get married to a rich dude) just flawed executions. I think if the show itself had some better flow to it (and maybe a few more eps.) then it could've really executed that part amazingly

Art though was absolutely amazing, really loved the bright colour palette that was used despite the not so bright themes here and there.

Characters....eh like I kinda mentioned above it could've been better if it had better flow, especially with Ishikawa. Kindachi was kinda just simping for him lol and it was kinda odd why he came back to him after the shit he went through. I did like the side characters though.

I give it a hot guys/10 definitely not the best show this season, but it's a shame it's being rated as one of the worst
Jun 29, 2020 9:53 PM

Oct 2017
An okay episode to end this anime, so we didn't get to see how Ishikawa died. He proly died from his illness at somepoint I guess. We didn't get to see what happened to other characters as well except for Kindaichi san, oh well whatever.

This anime was a big dissapointment for me since I really liked the premise but it went downhill from there with each episodes thou there were a few interesting cases. Also the op/ed were both great. Anyway don't think I'll remember this anime for that long.
Jun 29, 2020 10:34 PM
Apr 2018
The opening and ending songs are really great. That's all I want to say. 6/10
Jun 30, 2020 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder why Ishikawa is preaching to Kayo about using people while himself has been doing that...
Had some hopes watching the first episode, it wasn't the worst but still disappointed by what it became. I didn't really liked the main characters and most murder mysteries definitely had some plotholes. I feel like this series had its potential and ruined it for example they could have depicted Ishikawa in a deplorable way but then letting him change for the better before dying instead making him slightly less toxic.

Jun 30, 2020 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
The animation was beautiful in my opinion, but the story fell short in a whole lot of places. I can't say I disliked, it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either.
Jun 30, 2020 9:33 PM

Mar 2009
Barely even understood what was going on in this episode. WTF happened with Kayo's parents?

...what was the point of this series, really? Just a bunch of mysteries and their terrible relationship?
Jul 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
I was going to give a 5/10 but it's more of 4/10. It was all over the place and they didn't even show how Ishikawa died. Ishikawa was the worst part of the show. A terrible toxic friend.
臭い-
Jul 2, 2020 4:25 PM

Dec 2016
Mormegil said:
Barely even understood what was going on in this episode. WTF happened with Kayo's parents?

From what I understood Kayo was an illegitimate child of priest and her mother and her mother decided that this is too big sin (maybe he didn't want to leave the priesthood? when he said "you can still stay in church") so she killed priest (Kayo's father) and then herself.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 2, 2020 8:10 PM

Oct 2015
The poem at the end was beautiful, the show also had quite a fair share of mellow and beautiful sounding soundtracks but outside of that, it's been pretty underwhelming
Jul 6, 2020 3:12 AM
Apr 2020
Woah. Didn't expect that Kayo is Accuser X. She's just 15 yrs old, started influencing others to commit a crime at the age of 13, and people are actually persuaded.

Ishikawa abused other people's kindness, but I think he isn't entirely a bad person, letting go of Kayo and her crimes and taking care of Kyousuke even if he's already dead ( I guess Ishikawa's published book became a hit and left everything under Kyousuke's name) as proofs of this claim. However, we didn't see how he actually died, but I guess it's due to his illness.

I actually enjoyed this anime. Art is really beautiful. Soundtrack is also great. It also ended on a good note. But, another episode could've make this a little more dramatic: Ishikawa finished and published his book, Ishikawa and Kyousuke bid farewell to each other and Ishikawa left everything behind to Kyousuke, and Ishikawa's friends forgave him from his wrongdoings. With the ending of this anime, I think Ishikawa died happily.

Jul 27, 2020 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
This ended up being an extremely poor show, the "pillar" of the show is a relationship between a pathetic gay simp and his womanizer piece of shit straight friend. Unlike most friendships of this type, their relationship can only be defined as "unhealthy" at best and toxic at worst. That would haven not been a problem is the show realized that but it largely feels like it was trying to sell you this ~beautiful~ friendship.

The cases were pretty weak, they weren't hilarious as Vatican no Kiseki and they lacked the interesting social commentaries of Richard (Which wasn't even that good). The show was probably trying to say something about how unfair Japanese society was to women back then hence they had resort to other methods to get justice, but it kinda just ended up being an hilarious case of "every woman in the show is a culprit".

Aug 25, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2020
it was a pretty disappointing anime. it's a shame, considering I usually love any decent mystery anime. Animation and sound track were pretty good, but story was totally lacking in most aspects. Especially the main character was just so annoying to the point that i was almost dropping the series. Also the league of gentlemen require not introduction, they just walk into the screen out of nowhere taking most of screen time, as far as story is concerned they are of little importance. Show was repeating the customer is killer scenario too just many times to my liking and detective work is very lacking...there was just no thrill of solving a mystery. Not to mention bl fanservice and cringey relationship portrayal
Overall though it ended decently atleast, i think accuser x identity is the only time i was surprised. but tbh built up was never there for that reveal. I guess its finally over for whatever it is.
AdampkAug 25, 2021 9:38 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2017
This anime was so disappointing! It showed potential so many times (mainly in the last few eps) but never really followed through.

At it’s core was a great story but it just preoccupied itself with meaningless crap that diluted the emotion and progression of the characters.

More topics from this board

» Who is the voice actress in ep 8?

Teirayo - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Teirayo »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

30 by lazy_complex »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

18 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2020

34 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:38 AM

» Is the synopsis wrong?

Teirayo - Aug 26, 2022

1 by AlCreed »»
Aug 26, 2022 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.