Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2020 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
While there's no murder mystery case going around, I have to say that the episode is pretty rough from Takuboku's point of view. The scenes with him and the knife especially took it to the next level.

At least he didn't endanger himself too much in the end. I still find Takuboku to be quite a complex character in the show.
Jun 15, 2020 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
What the hell did I just watch??
Jun 15, 2020 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
After the recent events of Ishikawa reeling over the previous case and reaching its climax, he seems dishevelled much, losing more of his blood and also his motivation for poetry, all to a depressing level, as if he's lost the love of his life (Tamaki), and truly he did.

Post-case wise, the small talk about it while Ishikawa precariously reverts to his non-egoistic self, and seeing him like this is a new level of concern (at least for Kyousuke).

As the other detectives settle into Ishikawa's circumstances, they can't help but wonder how much he'll change. And hence, a novel about Tamaki that Ishikawa can only concoct in his ailing health, even if it means recuperation for his loss. But it's clear that his carelessness adds liabilities, and the more he's infatuated with Tamaki, the more he loses his own consciousness to eliminate all who stands in his way. Even as Kyousuke adds purity onto Ishikawa's life, the amount of insanity just isn't enough.

So back to square one of his roots with Kyousuke, and all the memories come back to him, of his life to the relationship of both poet and detective.

The perfect comeback of the series to date IMO.

yellowheartren said:
What the hell did I just watch??
One crazy hell of an episode, that's what this is.
Jun 15, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
Ishikawa did took the fastlane in this episode, he doesn't deserve to have Kindaichi as a friend.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 15, 2020 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
This episode = Love wins
Jun 15, 2020 11:28 AM

Feb 2017
at around 12 minutes into the episode, hagiwara points to his face/cheek/nose(?), i guess to gesture something to yoshii?? does anyone know what that meant?

also this episode felt really weird to me

placeholder text
Jun 15, 2020 1:39 PM

Nov 2019
amagirinomikoto said:

Me too

---
Ishikawa deserved that punch.

My favorite part as always:
"Over many mountains and rivers
I travel far
This loneliness
a land where it finds its end...
Today, too, I travel..."
Jun 15, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2017
amagirinomikoto said:
at around 12 minutes into the episode, hagiwara points to his face/cheek/nose(?), i guess to gesture something to yoshii?? does anyone know what that meant?

I believe he was just pointing at himself, like, hey you got me? That's what I took from it anyway!

I get the feeling the next two episodes are going to be rough.
Jun 15, 2020 4:18 PM

Jul 2017
"The one thing I won't let you do is die" well Kindachi clearly failed that part kek

but damn what an ep. I always sorta understood Ishikawa's rationale behind his actions even if I didn't particularly agree with them, but the entirety of this ep was just witnessing a broken man. He clearly realizes he doesn't have a lot of time left to live.

Curious how it's gonna play out in the remaining 2 eps left, maybe the final one will take place all in the future/present?
Jun 15, 2020 4:21 PM

Feb 2017
omegarabbit said:
amagirinomikoto said:

I believe he was just pointing at himself, like, hey you got me? That's what I took from it anyway!

I get the feeling the next two episodes are going to be rough.

oh my god i'm so dumb i didn't even realize that !!!!! i went back to rewatch the scene and what you said makes perfect sense so thank you for explaining!

also yes i agree about that. this episode was already really rough. ishikawa's self-destructive behaviour really had me shocked honestly. i could see there possibly being fights between the guys and/or more of this same type of behaviour from ishikawa

placeholder text
Jun 15, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2009
Ishikawa is an awful person and I don't care about their one-sided toxic relationship.
Jun 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
GAY! and then he said 4ever!? GAYER!!!
3/5.

Jun 15, 2020 10:05 PM

Jan 2019
"You can steal from me, betray me, abuse me! But I'll never let you die anyway!"

WTF WAS THAT?! I can't feel sorry for Kindaichi and the toxic relationship he's in because he had a lot of times to get outta there.

It's funny how at Episode 1 I felt bad after knowing Ishikawa was going to die, and now at Episode 10 I really want it to happen. This guy just deserves the worst, I don't even wanna wast my time explaining why.
Jun 16, 2020 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
When Ishikawa was hurling hurtful words at the two characters, sorry I forgot their names, while he at the red light district, I feel like he truly meant them. Usually those type of scenes, the person saying them is trying make the other people go away by dropping hurtful truth bombs and I'm pretty sure that's how Ishikawa really feels.

Also, he's obviously dying. Coughing up blood and him looking like death. I'm guessing he'll be dead by the next episode or they'll cliffhanger it and keep him alive until the 12th episode before he dies. TBH, I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for Kindaichi and everyone he tricked.
臭い-
Jun 16, 2020 3:29 AM
Apr 2020
To be honest, Ishikawa deserves that punch. But, that punch isn't enough to wake Ishikawa up from his self-destructive state. I guess, one or two more will do.

Good thing Kyousuke is always there. A friend who is there when you are happy. And most importantly, a friend who is actually there when you are struggling. A friend like Kyousuke is for keeps.

Ao_SkyJun 16, 2020 3:33 AM
Jun 17, 2020 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
when Ishikawa got punched I was honestly like YES, YOU DESERVED THAT YOU SELFISH BRAT OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU WHO LOVE YOU
ughh
I love Kindaichi and he deserves better but ehh I guess that's reality, you end up wanting the things that you know aren't good for you but you can't/don't want to leave anyway.

Jun 17, 2020 10:31 PM

Oct 2017
Yea same thing all over again. Ishiwaka being his selfish self and Kindaichi running after him like a mad man meh.
Jun 18, 2020 6:30 PM

Apr 2009

What was this scene even about? Are they supposed to be bff? The side characters in this anime suck

Ishikawa spiraling into self-destruction after finding out he's dying makes sense, I just wish the writing... had been better.

I feel like the writer understand how toxic he is, but at the same time they want us to understand why Kindaichi is so fond of him to the point he bears with his lies and personality, but it doesn't quite work, Kindaichi just feels like a pathetic simp who is being exploited for very little in return.

Jun 30, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
Good jab there at that moron Ishikawa for wasting the lended money. I don't really sympathize with Ishikawa's self destruction since he is fully self-aware by what he does but still continues nor Kindaichi who seems to accept Ishikawa's toxic behaviour but still enables him instead of trying to stop him or something. I really expected Ishikawa to change for the better especially at the start of the episode where he promises to repay the lads but don't think that will happen.

Jul 15, 2020 3:26 PM

Aug 2019
Does anybody know the song that played during the train scene? I checked the OST but can't really find it (I'll buy it anyway but still...wish I knew that song)
私だけが自分の夢を見ているのだ
Jul 20, 2020 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Ishikawa is a terrible person to begin with, I cannot feel sorry for him what-so-ever even now. More to the point I don't understand why Kindaichi keeps on supporting him.

More topics from this board

» Who is the voice actress in ep 8?

Teirayo - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Teirayo »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

30 by lazy_complex »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

20 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

18 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2020

34 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.