Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2017
After this episode, let me remind you all, that most of you have the FM radio capability in your phones disabled intentionally in favor of online streaming...
Jun 20, 2020 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
This was a honest to god weekend treat, I'm going to miss its unique maturity.
Jun 20, 2020 7:47 PM

Oct 2014
I'm really, really sad that there will never be a second season - being it a seinen with such a niche theme, I highly doubt there's any chance.

I'm glad we could enjoy this 12-episode appetiser, and hope the scanlator don't drop the manga...

Minare is my new waifu.

8/10 a breath of fresh air
Jun 20, 2020 10:29 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, with so many side-plots needing resolution, I was expecting this finale to feel quite forced but to my surprise, they managed to pull out a pretty satisfying final episode for this series. Most of the characters' issues were given a pretty decent closure and Minare's new found resolution at the end was a nice way to tie up her characterization throughout these twelve episodes.

As for the earthquake, it naturally caught me off guard but I think it was a smart way to somehow "connect" all the cast around the city. I also loved how the atmosphere and the sense of panic were handled once it occurred and Minare doing a good job during her first emergency broadcast was truly fulfilling to see.

Overall, this show ended up being a pleasant surprise. I learned a lot about how radio industry works and Minare as a character, was a really interesting female lead. Her VA doing a fantastic job in that regard.

7/10 - Would have wished for something more concrete regarding Makie's crush on Nakahara and the stuff with Shinji's mysterious lover Ritsuko was never cleared up now that I think of it but all in all, it was a nice ride.
Jun 21, 2020 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
I'll be real, it didn't really appeal to me at first and i found it somewhat boring, but the more i started watching the more i warmed up on it, especially realizing the fact that i will never watch anything like this again, let's appreciate what i have in front of me today, especially Minare... wow what a character.

Really happy i watched it, even if it's not my cup of tea, i found it to be quite solid and at the end Minare realized what's her call in life is. It's indeed funny how she warmed up on radio at the end and one of the reasons for being this good is because of how oblivious she was about the radio, not being that much of a fan, but that helped not to succumb to pressure i guess?

Wanted a bit more closure with other characters, but i treat it as a first season with a second one to come later to resolve those things later, so... can't wait!
Jun 21, 2020 6:11 AM

Mar 2009
I found Minare to be a bold choice for the female lead. An absolute walking disaster of a human being. She was quite real and I very much appreciated that. Nakahara and his sister had a fun sibling relationship. Wish we could've seen more of that. And it was a shame nothing ever happened between Nakahara and Minare, though at this rate, maybe they were setting up the other girl with him? Decent show. Wouldn't mind another season.

Don't know what was up with the gay bashing in the earlier episodes, and everything with the manager/owner was pointless.
Jun 21, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2017
Ahh... Time surely flies by so fast when I watch this show, I still can't believe that this is the last episode. I'll miss the amazing ED so much! Although it'd be unlikely, I hope the producer would continue adapting this beautiful series in the future. I'd really love to see more of the characters, I can't get enough of them.

Z_Tetriminos said:
I'm really, really sad that there will never be a second season - being it a seinen with such a niche theme, I highly doubt there's any chance.

I'm glad we could enjoy this 12-episode appetiser, and hope the scanlator don't drop the manga...

Minare is my new waifu.

8/10 a breath of fresh air
Can you explain why being a seinen gives it a lower chance to get continuation? It feels unfair to me that amazing series like Vinland Saga are less likely to get a complete anime adaptation just because they are targeted at a certain group of audience.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 22, 2020 10:15 PM
May 2018
Really enjoyed it . 8/10
I will miss it
Jun 23, 2020 1:40 AM

Jun 2015
Without a doubt one of the best shows so far this year.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 23, 2020 9:41 AM
Jun 2014
This was hardly a romance.
Jun 27, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2017
A kind of anime we don't get to see everyday. A story about the world of the Radio, that ended up being a great seinen show about adult life and stuff related to it. Minare is an awesome character, and she kicks butt not only with that personality of hers, but also during her radio performances, wich were quite enjoyable to see

8/10
Jun 29, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2016
This anime was a little hard for me to understand at times, honestly. Simply because Minare would obviously talk really fast while others are talking. Without pausing, it's just really hard to read all the subtitles and process what is going on and being said.

I do have a few questions.

1) Makie wants to do what exactly? It seems like she wants to be a radio personality? I wouldn't say it's too random because in an episode from before she did show she had knowledge in radio.

2) What is the radio mixer doing after the earthquake? I know he was recording natural wind sound effects, but why did he go to a radio tower and then also say he's going to drive somewhere real far.

Overall, I'd say this anime has a pretty interesting story and Minare is obviously a great character. I'd give it a 7/10. If there's an english dub I'd like to watch that. Otherwise I may need to rewatch this again another time to fully grasp what is going on.
[
Jul 3, 2020 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
Anime original ending huh, not bad. I'm definitely interested in reading the manga now, the main character is super entertaining and her VA did an amazing job on her voice.
Jul 4, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
Mormegil said:
I found Minare to be a bold choice for the female lead. An absolute walking disaster of a human being. She was quite real and I very much appreciated that. Nakahara and his sister had a fun sibling relationship. Wish we could've seen more of that. And it was a shame nothing ever happened between Nakahara and Minare, though at this rate, maybe they were setting up the other girl with him? Decent show. Wouldn't mind another season.

Don't know what was up with the gay bashing in the earlier episodes, and everything with the manager/owner was pointless.

Romance is not a very important topic for this title, so I don’t understand why they decided to put this tag for adaptation. This is more about how Minare turns from a frivolous and aching person into a mature and confident woman. You can compare it with the Blade of the Immortal as another author’s work, where romance was just complementary colors for the relationship between some characters.
Jul 5, 2020 9:23 PM

Mar 2009
@RobertBobert It was more of a personal wish than a slight against the show or anything. I never saw it as a Romance, for the record. I just liked Nakahara and Minare and thought they would go well together.
Jul 6, 2020 9:52 AM

Apr 2012
Mormegil said:
@RobertBobert It was more of a personal wish than a slight against the show or anything. I never saw it as a Romance, for the record. I just liked Nakahara and Minare and thought they would go well together.

Well, I don’t blame you for anything, just after reading some raws I was disappointed that the anime used this tag without any benefit.
Jul 26, 2020 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
Man, this show was so entertaining! The writing was real quippy and the comedy was on point! Seeing Mitsuo in the neck brace at the end was a nice cherry on top, that suplex really did a number on him!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jul 30, 2020 5:16 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! i want more of this show! pls don't end!
anyways Minare quite handled the earthquake live on air radio stuff! nice!
5/5.
7/10.

Aug 8, 2020 12:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, man, this last episode was beautiful. By using that emergency earthquake as a plot device to make the intensed moment, very clever direction. I am amazed.

No doubt. This stay on my 10/10. Its not just funny, Minare's is a beautiful lady that had a fun persona from the first until its end. Damn. I am really satisfied with her VA too. And every characters this show had. Goddamned, its so good!

10/10 without any other explanations. Thats it. Maybe its just another personal biased of judgement. But whatever. Since i am enjoyed these hyperactive radio announcer rantings at every episodes, i can't take a hate. Its just, a very well done performance. A nice little show!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
Expected the radiohosts to only ramble live but not to also involve imaginary scenarios which were pretty funny to see and dealing with emergency situations. Really liked this series with the different unique characters and especially Minare who is a pain in the ass to deal with as a flawed yet funny and energetic character.

Oct 20, 2020 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
The idea putting in the show is very interesting, this is the first time I've watched something about radio. But it's really a shame that its presentation hasn't been done good enough with the potential theme. Besides, comedy hit or miss to me.

Still it was pretty fun after all.
Gear707Nov 20, 2020 11:21 PM
Oct 26, 2020 9:57 AM
Jan 2020
I thought this episode was a stupor that I was so stunned that minare was broadcasting and there was an unexpected event, and that minare was forced to do a sudden broadcast for disaster. But with his style, minare succeeded as an amateur broadcaster could broadcast it
Oct 26, 2020 9:57 AM
Jan 2020
I thought this episode was a stupor that I was so stunned that minare was broadcasting and there was an unexpected event, and that minare was forced to do a sudden broadcast for disaster. But with his style, minare succeeded as an amateur broadcaster could broadcast it

Mang_DavidOct 26, 2020 10:02 AM
Dec 19, 2020 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
Ending was mediocre, but I'm willing to forgive it because the rest of the show was such a breath of fresh air among most of those cliche and generic anime from 2020. And considering I'm getting more disappointed by this community every day, I'm willing to bet the reason the show is rated so low is precisely because it wasn't generic or childish. Extremely funny and creative in every episode, and even when stepped in the "weird" territory, they made those moments pay off afterwards (with the exception of the last episode). Definitely one of the best comedy of the year and with one of the best (if not the best) female characters of the year. 8/10. So far the most underrated anime of 2020.
Dec 24, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2012
And so a new radio personality is born, amidst an earthquake and blackout. This was a pretty good show. Throwing us right in with the bear fight made for an awkward start tbh, but as it settled in I found myself enjoying it more. I think what I most appreciated was just following an adult, professional cast of characters. It's easy to forget anime that do that exist, and this one did it pretty damn good. Solid 7/10. Would watch a second season if we got one.
Feb 1, 2021 5:14 PM
Dec 2019
It certainly is a breath of fresh air for anime but I wouldn't say it's a breath of fresh air compared to live action, where they're always making quirky modern day dramas. However one advantage it has over live action is using visuals to enhance the jokes.
Jun 14, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
I can't believe it's over T-T I really enjoyed it! The ending wasn't exactly what I expected but I'm quite satisfied~ I hope they make a second season!

Sep 2, 2021 1:03 AM

Dec 2020
i was a bit worried on how they'd close this off with one episode but that was Perfect. really didn't expect anything much from this show but it's probably my favorite shows Ever right now. theres a just-finsihed-a-show thing where its my favorite thing for a few days but i dont think this is one of them

dont think a season 2 will happen but nevertheless this was a great show. they didnt end it with any cliffhangers neither did they shoved shitty anime original endings to it. opens a space for another season but also isn't bitter for it to be left off without one, leaving the viewer to maybe reading the manga
Apr 6, 2022 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
So sad to finish this series, I loved that motormouth and the crazy ride she took us on and didn't want it to end just yet. The earthquake was a really unexpected but great twist for the final episode, reminds me that I should really get a FM battery powered radio just incase.

Apr 14, 2022 3:41 AM

May 2009
I feel like someone is trying to throw a ball at me and I keep missing it completely. That's kind of what this anime is to me. I just seem to not get this show at all. Is it bad? No, for sure it's not. But I am not sure what it is then. Again: I am probably missing the point entirely.

I would never finish a show that I don't like. So I am here. I love the maturity level in this show. It's very realistic in a sense I dig the tone of voice they were going for. There were some times I was laughing. The VA was incredible and the show really had a good flow. But overall I just.. don't understand why people consider this a great show? I completely missed the (main) storyline and most of it felt pretty random to me. I have mentioned this before but I might just not be the right target audience for this. I do not understand the radio they are trying to produce either (it feels incredibly random).
To me it's quite.. average. Ngl. So it's 5/10 for me.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 12, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2021
very good episode, so 8/10 for me, and i hope it has next season
May 8, 2023 10:05 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Nami yo Kiite Kure now has live action, just saw the 1st 3 epidoes...
Since none of you will watch live action, I'm gonna have double the fun listening to her rant again..

Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Nov 2022
Actually pleasant, still a lot of questions unanswered but a good character progression. 8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

48 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.