Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2020 5:22 PM

Sep 2017
So we get a happy ending after all. So that was nice and all but... Hime looks literally the exact same as she did when she was younger. It is unfathomable that seeing her wouldn't confuse him at least at first. Additionally the plan of "hey let's not tell him cause he needs to remember on his own." Bruh the literal second he leaves the hospital he'll realize things are the same as they used to be and will have figured out shortly after that his memory was fucked and no one decided to tell him...

Really funny meta joke at the end btw.
Jun 18, 2020 5:33 PM

Jul 2016
I'm glad they didn't go super melodramatic with it, but they could've dwelled on the sad bits a bit more.
The pace was fast, but it was a pretty good conclusion.
Jun 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
this was such a heartfelt ending and the scene of hime running was just absolutly perfect, it was a bit cheesy but hey who gives a shit its in character honestly and the ending while predictable was still so heartwarming. Goto despite being a goofball really does feel like one of the best dads in anime, everything he did for Hime feels so genuine and the way the series hid just how much stuff was eating him up this whole time with his wife and family situation was a pretty genius way of taking a more serious route to show how much he hid from Hime just to give her a good life, he didnt want her to worry about any of that or him no matter how rough everything was.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 18, 2020 6:15 PM
Nov 2019
Cried like a Little bitch and im not ashamed
Jun 18, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
I really liked the series, very funny, I liked the characters and I looked forward to it every week. I honestly believed that the end would be full emotional, but I liked it anyway. 9/10
;D
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jun 18, 2020 6:30 PM
Jun 2017
VERY TOUCHING, EMOTIONAL AND BEAUTIFUL FINALE...

I JUST LOVE THE FINAL EPISODE AND THE WHOLE SERIES AS WELL.. I RECOMMEND THIS ONE TO BE WATCH BY MANY...
Jun 18, 2020 6:55 PM
Apr 2016
DAMMM! AHHH, this made me smile so much, I forgot how to unsmile lol. This was such a beautiful ending, absolutely amazing! I literally couldnt have asked for a better ending. The crew seems to be back aswell. Such wholesomeness, this made my day! Solid 9/10.
Jun 18, 2020 6:59 PM
Dec 2013
So this was a really unusual adaptation. They basically skipped about half the manga and only adapted the future chapters from the last few volumes. The final volume also isn't out yet, but I assume the manga's ending will be the same.
Jun 18, 2020 7:02 PM

Aug 2018
7/10

Overall I enjoyed a lot this series, but technically speaking the pacing of this episode was too fast, causing the infodump of Goto's lineage that I only understood thanks to a comment on this thread, so thank you dude, wherever you are.
They could have made one more episode and it would have been perfect.
I love how the amnesia device was purposely a clichè and even characters themselves know it.

Oh btw, i cried, i cried a fuck ton.
Jun 18, 2020 7:18 PM

Oct 2016
That was the best possible ending for this series, but I do want more of the present story but that ain't gonna happen. Overall really liked this show so wholesome and funny.

Kakushi Gotou best father and Kakushi Hime best daughter.
Jun 18, 2020 7:35 PM

Sep 2019
The final episode alone is enough to recommend this series. Though I'm not fan of the comedic aspect of this anime, the secret part is really well written. This anime is so good.
Jun 18, 2020 7:53 PM

Mar 2019
I was choking up when Goto-san was reading the manuscripts, and then out of nowhere he just starts screaming and I burst out laughing. I really think that's a good example of how the feel of this anime is. 9/10.

Jun 18, 2020 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
It's over, so glad that i had the opportunity to watch this. The OP/ED feel like they've been made 200% for this anime, absolutely loved them.

So...it was Gotou's wife that disappeared in a crash and all that time he was looking for her, i am glad that he recovered but i had a small hope that maybe she was alive but i guess that would be a way too much to ask xD And wtf, he went to coma after being buried by the manga, at least he's alive....so i better not complain xD

At 18 Hime finally found that her father was hiding from her that he is a manga writer, and now guess who's turn to do the same hahaha what a plot twist! Tbh i would love to see a sequel where she is hiding that from him! 10/10 would watch

The whole thing of him not remembering his own daughter was hard to see, especially from Hime's side... And that cliche recovery haha
His whole team went back to helping him recover, hope he got them working again for him.

So Hime now does amazing paintings and draws manga, oh boy! What an ending!

I do have to agree that the ending felt a little rushed, maybe it would have been better if they made it into an OVA, nonetheless it was a great ending! So glad i watched it and honestly would be great to have an OVA in the future!

It was an amazing story, and i am so glad that we had this ending!

9/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2020 8:51 PM
Aug 2017
I just finished crying and can't believe it's over, I'm gonna miss this anime
Jun 18, 2020 9:05 PM
Jun 2020
I love it. Good ending very good
Jun 18, 2020 9:09 PM
Dec 2013
Just a simple phrase, "What a masterpiece episode to conclude this anime series!"

I'm so glad to stream it regularly....^^
Jun 18, 2020 9:13 PM

Nov 2013
"The thing that makes me the happiest...Nothing would make me happier than Hime growing up big and healthy."
Damn, even with the last episode, they had to play with my emotions!!

This was really nice, I knew Goto had to be alive!
So he quit his job because of backlash from his fans after they learned about his family situation, they moved and he took on odd jobs, but they made ends meet and Hime went to middle school.
But then a year prior to this episode he got in that accident and ended up in a coma. Imashigata sensei is most likely Hime's grandfather — I wish his character had more screentime, I expected Hime to live with him but I guess she lived by herself for a year.
The amnesia part was also unexpected.

My one contention is I wish they addressed more on what happened to the mother. Goto ended up searching all these years, I wonder if he found any information.

Hime also becoming a mangaka was a nice touch!

All in all, really enjoyable! Happy ending indeed.
Jun 18, 2020 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
Well, this was rushed. I'm sad that they cut of good anime just for the bad to launch :|...

I was considering lowering my score because of how rushed the ending was but...
Jun 18, 2020 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Sorry but what's with this lame melodrama all of a sudden? Secret love child, half-cousins drama, falling into coma by a pile of WSJs, memory loss... what?

Sadly, it was a really underwhelming final episode with most of its events feeling extremely forced. No idea why including the artistic lineage stuff since it served no purpose to the story later on and all the extra info about Hime having a half-cousin as well as Kakushi being the love child of a mistress couldn't have been more random.
The amnesia part was also awfully cliche and no matter how aware one of the character was of it, it's still a pretty lame narrative element.

Overall, I have been quite indifferent towards this series since the beginning. Wasn't expecting the comedy to be this prevalent in the show (was expecting something more subtle, honestly) and since most of the jokes were misses in my case, this aspect didn't end up being that enjoyable.
And regarding the mystery surrounding Kakushi's present situation, I think it was unnecessarily stretched out and the hints of drama at the end of almost every episode were poorly handled since they made me lose interest rather quickly due to how ambiguous they were. Personally, replacing two or three comedy gags, especially the ones were Tomaruin's exasperating character was involved, for more exposition during the episodes would have been a better way to go but that's just me.

4/10 - On a good note, all the father-daughter moments between Kakushi and Hime were as heartwarming as I expected and the general aesthetic of the show was really pleasant to the eyes. Both OP and ED were also great and are between my favorites of the season.
Jun 18, 2020 9:54 PM
Nov 2018
what an ending to the season! even if it was cliche, i still felt super emotional when goto remembered hime. seeing everything come together was great.
Jun 18, 2020 10:34 PM
Sep 2017
My secret is that I wept...
Jun 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Feb 2014
All the emotions came out and v=burst right through on the final episode. No wonder this show took what's best of family. Glad to see Hime and Kakushi get reunited again. She grew up to be a good daughter. She no more needs to be protected. She's grownup.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 18, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2018
Man, the ending was soo good!

Really sad that we won't have new episodes to look forward to from next week. It was a blast Kakushigoto. Easily one of the best shows this season.

9/10
Jun 18, 2020 11:43 PM

Feb 2019
A beautiful and fortunately happy ending.

I was confused on why that guy suddenly showed up and called Hime his big sister. Turns out Goto's of a complicated lineage. Although to be honest, I don't really see what all the Kabuki thing had to do what happened in this episode, except that Hime really is descended from great artists on both sides of her family.

Thank goodness Goto isn't dead or anything, just in a coma. Sad to hear how he ended his career after a tabloid used his personal life story just to get more readers. And it's equally sad to hear that Goto has never given up on searching for his wife, always paying someone to continue the search even when his purse got tight. Goto must've really loved his wife. Sad that we didn't get to see his wife during the series.

Hime isn't embarrassed at all that her father drew a dirty-joke manga for a living. All she cares about is that she can be with her father. That whole sequence of Hime with her friends going all the way back to her old house to pick up the manuscripts and then showing it to her father. And then Goto slowly regains his memories before looking at Hime and her saying...

"Dad, I've turned eighteen."

And the show is still as funny as ever, with Goto panicking that Hime found the manuscripts lol

I'm really glad that it didn't go entirely depressing. It was still sad that Goto lost his job and did a lot of manual labour. Just goes to show what a great dad Goto is, doing everything he can to get his daughter through school. Also sad that his wife went missing shortly after the birth of Hime and that he's still trying to find her, even when the official search has been called off. But at least he's not dead or missing, and the ending was as wholesome and happy as they get!

Still like Tomaruin's meta-jabs though at how amnesia is so cliche and suggesting a manga about a mangaka who tries to hide his job from her daughter, to which Goto asks who would want to read that lol

Also, that's quite the accomplishment, Rasuna! No wonder she was with Tomaruin in the present-day sections. She's the only one who's still doing manga as her primary work and she's even their most best-selling mangaka! The assistants' dedication and care towards Goto and Hime are truly admirable, and it's such a feel-good thing!

Also, at the end in Rasuna's studio there was an empty seat, does that mean that Goto is now an assistant to Rasuna? Talk about a funny situation that is. Rasuna's office though...

A great series, one of my favourites of the season. Whether it is my absolute favourite remains to be seen as I have finished watching the other shows. It was wholesome, funny, beautiful. The most beautiful part was definitely Goto's relationship with Hime and his wife, and Goto himself. Goto's best dad, Hime's best daughter.

"Kakushigoto wa, nan desu ka?"

What a way to end the series. It felt just a tad bit rushed but I have no major problems with it. It all comes full circle with them trying to hide the current situation from Goto after Goto having to hide his job from Hime for so long. Words cannot fully express as how much I love this series. A definite 9/10. Will miss this show!

I am hoping for a continuation of the story, specifically about his wife. I have heard that the manga is ending soon. To manga readers, how far does the anime cover the manga? Almost to the end? Is there still enough material for a second season?
Jun 18, 2020 11:55 PM
Apr 2019
I didn't notice this was the last episode. It was a nice ending and I loved the anime overall. I can't express it enough to words.
Jun 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Nov 2018
Marinate1016 said:

What an absolutely beautiful conclusion to a beautiful series. Great storytelling to have everything come full circle at the end there. Goto was afraid of Hime finding out the truth and hid is career from her. When he wakes from the coma, Hime and co want to hide the truth from him.

I love how the plot came full circle and I thought this was one of the greatest of the season for sure. Everything got connected together to make such a beautiful ending for the anime.
I love that every episode was building up to the events of the final episode.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2016
Man, what a cute story. It did feel a little rushed in the end, but overall, I liked it. 6.5/10
Jun 19, 2020 2:03 AM

Feb 2020
I love this episode so much.. it is so hearwarming, thou I feel lil bit sad and crying in the first half but along with the story on I smiled in my cry.

Normaly another anime in one episode just give me tears or just smile on my face, but this.. this series and this episode give me tears and smile in the same time. Ah.. it's so cliche, but it's so good. It's a sweet story!

Love it!
Jun 19, 2020 2:11 AM
Aug 2015
I cried......no laughed....... no cried.......ah.... can't decide to cry or laugh.......
Jun 19, 2020 3:03 AM

Feb 2014
Ending was a bit rushed, but it was a good experience nonetheless
Jun 19, 2020 3:44 AM

Nov 2017
A nice decent ending. Really enjoyed watching it. 8/10

Jun 19, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Sorry but what's with this lame melodrama all of a sudden? Secret love child, half-cousins drama, falling into coma by a pile of WSJs, memory loss... what?

Sadly, it was a really underwhelming final episode with most of its events feeling extremely forced. No idea why including the artistic lineage stuff since it served no purpose to the story later on and all the extra info about Hime having a half-cousin as well as Kakushi being the love child of a mistress couldn't have been more random.
The amnesia part was also awfully cliche and no matter how aware one of the character was of it, it's still a pretty lame narrative element.

Overall, I have been quite indifferent towards this series since the beginning. Wasn't expecting the comedy to be this prevalent in the show (was expecting something more subtle, honestly) and since most of the jokes were misses in my case, this aspect didn't end up being that enjoyable.
And regarding the mystery surrounding Kakushi's present situation, I think it was unnecessarily stretched out and the hints of drama at the end of almost every episode were poorly handled since they made me lose interest rather quickly due to how ambiguous they were. Personally, replacing two or three comedy gags, especially the ones were Tomaruin's exasperating character was involved, for more exposition during the episodes would have been a better way to go but that's just me.

4/10 - On a good note, all the father-daughter moments between Kakushi and Hime were as heartwarming as I expected and the general aesthetic of the show was really pleasant to the eyes. Both OP and ED were also great and are between my favorites of the season.

Same here. I've never liked the ridiculously dumb Kumeta's sense of humor, neither from Zetsubou Sensei nor here.

The huge infodump in a single episode makes this dumb plottwist even more ridiculous and pointless. Goto sensei falls in come for the most absurd reason, and when he regains concious pretty much nothing changes, he gets his staff back and he just resumes his job doing the same lame-o Tights manga. So what was the point of introducing an unnecesarily complex family lineage when everything returns to the status quo with no downside or consequence from being one year in coma (and he apparently never lost his drawing skills despite being in bed for a whole year)

This is probably the least productive show from the father-daughter relationship trend I've seen in recent years
Jun 19, 2020 5:14 AM
Jan 2018
So I'm guessing due to the manga Ending soon they skipped alot and gave the anime the ending the manga may have ??
Jun 19, 2020 5:29 AM
Feb 2015
The ending was rushed, but still good ending.
Jun 19, 2020 6:25 AM

Dec 2016
It was a wholesome series and glad the story didn't end in a tragedy.
Jun 19, 2020 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
cute loli, fun father and his workers, a pretty decent ending that i enjoyed

i actually laughed hard when he regained his memories and was like "NOOOO HIME DON'T LOOOOOOOOK", like holy shit hahaha

i know those magazines are probably quite "thicc" but does taking one out of all of those really make it fall out like that? dafuq?

but overall, i'm not sure what to think, some episodes were great fun, but the way they made sure to leave us unhappy at the end of every single episode, just annoyed me so hard LOL
anyway, i had it rated as 5, but i'll give it a 6 just because the ending wasn't as bad as i was expecting
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 19, 2020 7:12 AM

May 2010
Weak ending but a good series overall.
Jun 19, 2020 7:14 AM

Jan 2019
9/10 (8.5) for me.
Almost cry when op played at the end of the episode.
My new favourite anime.
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Jun 19, 2020 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
Wow an anime that wraps every thing up! AMAZING!

Very heartfelt episode.

Having Kakushi get his memories back was really nice.

An seeing Hime hiding her Shoujo manga from Her father was very funny.

Great ending!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 19, 2020 9:10 AM
Feb 2018
Cried a whole bunch.Really nice finale to a series I've been following religiously.

I want to pick up the manga but not sure from where. Did were the last part of the episodes what happens in the last few volumes? Also did they finish the whole story in the anime?
Jun 19, 2020 9:51 AM

Nov 2015
I was rush this anime for 1 day after randomly hearing ED somewhere and don't regret my desire since Butayarou. This is really emotional bait, the buildup is too good but the end don't feel like with in my expection (it did explain why the story focus on 10ys Hime and reason Goto hate grandfather, is like secret kakushi). This is anime end so expect manga to diffitrent.
from 7.9 to 8, first time I ever see :D
WhateverlifeJun 19, 2020 9:57 AM
Jun 19, 2020 11:12 AM

Apr 2011
DeeDash said:
11 awesome episodes and a really rushed ending. Would have given a 7 but the fact that I was watching it when it was ongoing and helped me connect with the characters a bit better makes it an 8. I definitely do not regret picking this show, considering the fact I'm not a big fan of comedy and didn't expect much from the show when it started. Pretty disappointed about how it ended.

I was thinking what I felt off about this ending and this would probably it. Maybe if they had gone with two entire future-scene episodes (12 & 13), it probably would've been better.
Jun 19, 2020 11:15 AM
May 2016
Overall I loved the show, the ending was...OK, kind of odd but didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the series.
Jun 19, 2020 11:45 AM
Jan 2018
Ah what a great way to end the show. It genuinely put a smile on my face.
Jun 19, 2020 12:19 PM

Dec 2016
This is that gooooooood shit
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 19, 2020 12:40 PM

Jul 2016
Kimurah said:
SouthRzVa said:

Same here. I've never liked the ridiculously dumb Kumeta's sense of humor, neither from Zetsubou Sensei nor here.

The huge infodump in a single episode makes this dumb plottwist even more ridiculous and pointless. Goto sensei falls in come for the most absurd reason, and when he regains concious pretty much nothing changes, he gets his staff back and he just resumes his job doing the same lame-o Tights manga. So what was the point of introducing an unnecesarily complex family lineage when everything returns to the status quo with no downside or consequence from being one year in coma (and he apparently never lost his drawing skills despite being in bed for a whole year)

This is probably the least productive show from the father-daughter relationship trend I've seen in recent years

Yeah, maybe it would have been better for this show to remain cute and simple instead of trying to get pretentious with its script but who knows.

And regarding the father-daughter relationship trend, I think the "If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord" anime last year handled said relationship even more poorly but that's just me.
Jun 19, 2020 12:43 PM

Aug 2018
A satisfying and pleasant ending. The whole incident was kept hidden for 11 episodes, with a lot of teasing at the end of each episode : I like these parts, they even drew attention about a very dramatic ending.

Everything was revealed during this final, a bit too fast in my opinion (especially the part about families, like the half-brother showing up for 30 seconds then disappearing didn't really please me). All's well that ends well I guess !
Jun 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Dec 2016
Nainu_ said:
Wew, so that's what happened to Goto-sensei after all. Damn that Jump reader.

We need to blame Demon Slayer readers for that!! xD

also I recently started watching Zankyou no Terror (7 episodes), really good anime. :D
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 19, 2020 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
the episode is super touching, Im so sad the anime has finished i really got attached to it but im actually happy for the end
Im glad he accepted everything, Gotou sesnei really deserve to be happy
its great work.
Jun 19, 2020 2:24 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a nice ending for a nice series, it was funny and entertaining. Goto’s a good character.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - May 28, 2020

80 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2020

111 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Jun 11, 2020

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.