Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
Since my small screen phone died i ordered my first big screen phone. (6.5 inch with a good display) So that got me wondering.

Do any of you watch anime on your phone while you commute or in your house? I know people like to watch Netflix on their phone but i was never one of them since i never liked Netflix.
CalecJun 10, 2020 6:10 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2020 4:57 AM

Dec 2018
As someone who’s watched anime on their phone quite extensively I can confirm it’s not the best. If it’s your only option then it’s good but there are much better alternatives.
Jun 10, 2020 5:49 AM
May 2009
I watched all of Danmachi, Barakamon on a phone in 360p when I was travelling its not bad. They were all re watches any ways.
Jun 10, 2020 7:10 AM

Aug 2009
sometimes, it's pretty much the only reason I have crunchyroll premium

at home I'll just watch on my pc or laptop but if I'm taking a bus or train I usually watch on my phone
Jun 10, 2020 7:14 AM

Mar 2019
Back in high school I used to watch anime on my phone on the way back from school. Then my parents got pissed at me for how much data I was using. Haven't watched on my phone since!
Jun 10, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
Cravenlock said:
Back in high school I used to watch anime on my phone on the way back from school. Then my parents got pissed at me for how much data I was using. Haven't watched on my phone since!

yeah thank god i have an unlimited data plan
Jun 10, 2020 7:41 AM

Feb 2019
I spent all my money on a microsoft surface pro 7. pretty much has the benefits of a windows laptop and a phone/tablet, as it is thin and medium sized with detachable keyboard/touchscreen.
I literally do not use my phone or pc for pretty much anything outside phone calls and demanding video games now.
Jun 10, 2020 7:50 AM

Jun 2019
yaruka said:
I spent all my money on a microsoft surface pro 7. pretty much has the benefits of a windows laptop and a phone/tablet, as it is thin and medium sized with detachable keyboard/touchscreen.
I literally do not use my phone or pc for pretty much anything outside phone calls and demanding video games now.

Sounds like a good media consumption device.

I use my laptop for writing and anime, Pc for gaming like most of the people but i feel like there are lots of people who uses their phones as main Film/Show watching device and for some reason it intrigues me to no end.
Jun 10, 2020 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Calec said:
yaruka said:

Sounds like a good media consumption device.

I use my laptop for writing and anime, Pc for gaming like most of the people but i feel like there are lots of people who uses their phones as main Film/Show watching device and for some reason it intrigues me to no end.

yeah i used to use my phone for in bed, laptop was a bit awkward with the keyboard while lying down
Jun 10, 2020 9:21 AM

Mar 2019
Gun said:

We eventually got an unlimited plan too, but I still prefer to watch on my laptop at home...Always afraid of some random ecchi scene popping up while I'm in public
Jun 10, 2020 9:40 AM

Jun 2016
I only do it on plane and train trips because I have better methods to watch at home. It's also uncomfortable.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 10, 2020 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
Gun said:
Cravenlock said:

The way you both say it like streaming is the only way to watch anime on the phone makes me feel old :(
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 10, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2009
Nah, jut YouTube when I'm taking a dump.

Jun 10, 2020 7:57 PM

Apr 2020
I do, reminds me of the good ol' days back in 2012 when we didn't have broadband yet. God, watching episodes of Bleach on YouTube and Clannad...good fucking times.
Go ahead, reply. I'm not going to read it.
Jun 10, 2020 8:20 PM
Mar 2016
I've usually watched on my phone because it is a lot easier having the subtitles closer to the action. On a TV, the subtitles for me or too far down so I have to look back and forth.
Jun 10, 2020 8:41 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I won't lie, I've watched anime on my phone a few times. Stopped real quickly though.

cuz to quote a certain film guy...
Jun 10, 2020 10:20 PM
Jan 2017
Fario-P said:
I won't lie, I've watched anime on my phone a few times. Stopped real quickly though.

Just felt the need to add to your excellent point. Watching anime on phones is:
Jun 11, 2020 1:30 AM

Jun 2019
Fario-P said:

Ahh yes David Lynch Avid Anime fan and famous Otaku. I bet he hates manga adaptations.

Calvinkim12 said:
I've usually watched on my phone because it is a lot easier having the subtitles closer to the action. On a TV, the subtitles for me or too far down so I have to look back and forth.

Yesss i knew people like you existed! And the funny thing is i was thinking about that problem yesterday. When i watch an anime on big screen close up, its annoying to just look up and down.
Jun 11, 2020 2:05 AM
:O <º))))><

Sep 2017
A larger screen is better in most cases, but a phone is perfectly serviceable.
Jun 11, 2020 2:48 AM

Apr 2019
i do watch on phone multiple times but i only uses sites such as kissanime and it can be quite tedious to have ads popping out at random times while watching,
i used netflix as well but there are limited animes in there :<

if anyone have any alternative solutions / sites to watch on phone, please tell me ;_;

Jun 11, 2020 3:13 AM

Aug 2018
As someone who was watched anime on there phone it is a bad idea. If it's your only option there is nothing you can do about it but avoid when possible.
_______I like rocks__
Jun 11, 2020 4:04 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
phone screens are so big now, it's not that strange to be watching anime, movies or stuff you'd normally save for the bigger screen. also, i guess it's not so much of an issue now, but fansubbers tendency to encode their episodes with the latest codecs usually made them a nightmare to play on any device that wasn't a pc.
Jun 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Dec 2019
I own a samsung galaxy s7 and my phone becomes too fucking hot just by scrolling through MAL. And it's not like I have brightness on 100%. I keep it on half to not run out of battery. So I don't know why my phone keeps getting hot. Watching a full anime episode would probably set my phone on fire.
Jun 11, 2020 4:21 AM

Sep 2018
I do not watch anime on my fun, but I do on my Samsung tablet.
Jun 11, 2020 6:46 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Calec said:
Fario-P said:

Ahh yes David Lynch Avid Anime fan and famous Otaku. I bet he hates manga adaptations.

I mean... the guy literally saved a couple of Woody Woodpecker dolls and named them all, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually an anime enthusiast.

Jun 11, 2020 7:17 AM

Jun 2019
Fario-P said:

I mean... the guy literally saved a couple of Woody Woodpecker dolls and named them all, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually an anime enthusiast.

I like him too, im just teasing you.

Tensho said:
phone screens are so big now, it's not that strange to be watching anime, movies or stuff you'd normally save for the bigger screen. also, i guess it's not so much of an issue now, but fansubbers tendency to encode their episodes with the latest codecs usually made them a nightmare to play on any device that wasn't a pc.

I was thinking about downloading some show and try it for myself, but now that you mention it, I have no idea how the subtitles gonna work out.
Jun 11, 2020 5:03 PM

Oct 2019
for sure i do this most of the times when im not on my pc, but its good either way.
Jun 11, 2020 5:47 PM

May 2009
I can't do it, the screen is just too small for me. I do watch anime on a tablet sometimes, but that's all. One of my friends only uses his phone to watch anime and I honestly have no idea how he does it.
Jun 11, 2020 6:03 PM

Feb 2019
I watch it on my phone every time I decide to watch an episode while I'm already ready to go to sleep, because it's lighter and more practical. Otherwise, I watch it on my laptop, but almost never on a bigger screen.
Jun 11, 2020 6:50 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Calec said:
Tensho said:

I was thinking about downloading some show and try it for myself, but now that you mention it, I have no idea how the subtitles gonna work out.

I remember the text loads but the fonts don't. I think it might be easier streaming it to the phone via a website or smth rather than straight up downloading .mkvs onto it.
Jun 12, 2020 6:03 AM

Jun 2019
DeadlyRaven said:
I can't do it, the screen is just too small for me. I do watch anime on a tablet sometimes, but that's all. One of my friends only uses his phone to watch anime and I honestly have no idea how he does it.

I tried it with a simple to watch show like Nichijou and to my surprise it was really fun and enjoyable but I don't think I can do it with a more focus demanding show.
Jun 12, 2020 7:26 AM

Feb 2015
I did once and the experience was mediocre having finished Death Note on my Xperia Mini when I was doing my unpaid internship at the city hall.
Jun 12, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2011
Once or twice but nah I don't want to waste my battery.

Jun 12, 2020 10:16 PM

Aug 2017
Yep, I kind of got used to. Mostly because I live pretty far from the university I study, so sometimes I tend to watch anime while traveling from here to there (and sometimes at uni itself when there are no classes).

It is not the best, but it is a viable option.
Jun 13, 2020 1:13 AM

Jul 2019
I watched anime on my phone but rarely on the computer. It's just easier for me to lay down in bed and hold my phone rather than sitting up with my broke ass laptop. Plus, I have an anime aesthetic account on Instagram so I do have to get screenshots and it's much easier on my iPhone. And it's easier to hide since my parents aren't on board with me liking Japan related things
Jun 13, 2020 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
I barely watch anime on my phone and I mostly watch in my laptop for the most part. The only time I do is when I want to watch anime on Netflix.
Jun 13, 2020 3:12 AM

Jan 2020
I've watched more anime on my cell phone than on any other device if you don't count leaving the TV on when going to bed.
guych said:
I watched anime on my phone but rarely on the computer. It's just easier for me to lay down in bed and hold my phone rather than sitting up with my broke ass laptop. Plus, I have an anime aesthetic account on Instagram so I do have to get screenshots and it's much easier on my iPhone. And it's easier to hide since my parents aren't on board with me liking Japan related things

I've never heard of parents like that. It's not like you're buying figures and pillows, right?
Tensho said:

My cell phone doesn't know how subtitles work so I end up transcoding and hardsubbing the video files I get regardless. Look into handbrake if you want to waste your time. I've had more trouble trying to get things to play on Linux.
czeselle said:
i do watch on phone multiple times but i only uses sites such as kissanime and it can be quite tedious to have ads popping out at random times while watching,
i used netflix as well but there are limited animes in there :<

if anyone have any alternative solutions / sites to watch on phone, please tell me ;_;

A 64 gigabyte SD card.
Jun 19, 2020 4:29 PM

Aug 2018
I used to watch anime on my phone during lunch break in highschool

Jun 19, 2020 4:32 PM
Jan 2020
I want anime on my phone everyday but I prefer watching on a bigger screen
Jun 21, 2020 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
Calec said:
Since my small screen phone died i ordered my first big screen phone. (6.5 inch with a good display) So that got me wondering.

Do any of you watch anime on your phone while you commute or in your house? I know people like to watch Netflix on their phone but i was never one of them since i never liked Netflix.

My phone has a big screen so it is not a problem to watch anything on it BUT i can't watch things while am outside doing other things.
I like concentrating on the things i watch.
Jun 29, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2019
I much prefer watching anime in my laptop, but there was one anime which some episodes I watched on my phone.
Jul 1, 2020 12:52 AM

Apr 2019
i always watched anime on my Note 8. too bad my screen is cracked a bit :P
Feb 19, 2022 9:23 PM
Jan 2014
xLancelot said:
Never watched anime on a phone and never will. Rather just watch on my giant laptop.

I bet it's just average sized.
Feb 19, 2022 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
I watched plenty of anime on my second hand Samsung Galaxy S7. Of course, with help from the AnimeKisa and 9anime apps. My main entertainment hub for entertainment while washing dishes.

By the way, the best time for me to torrent extensively is when I get satellite internet that isn't Starlink.
Feb 19, 2022 11:54 PM

Jan 2021
I have watched only a few episodes on mobile phone, 99.9% of the time, I use a tablet or my laptop.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 19, 2022 11:58 PM

Feb 2021
Yeah that's where I watch the most. Put aside privacy, it's easier to use playback controls and read subtitles up-close.
Feb 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Oct 2018
I watched a few anime on my phone back around 2014. It was an iPhone with a small screen. I don't know how I managed. Nowadays I always watch anime on a computer screen.
Feb 20, 2022 6:16 PM

Oct 2021
Yes, always. You can snuggle into your warm and comfy blanket on a cold winter evening and watch anime on your phone while relaxing in bed.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Feb 20, 2022 6:56 PM

Nov 2021
not a fan on watching anime on phone but i still watch because there is nothing else

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Jul 2021
I used to commute 1.5 hours each way for work. Watched tv and movies on my phone. Not the best but better than letting my mind get slow.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Sep 21

26 by Yuno »»
18 minutes ago

» Metaphor Rephantasio Will it flop due to lack of waifus?

rohan121 - Yesterday

13 by Yuno »»
3 hours ago

» $110 for the new Dragon Ball game

purple_rayn - Yesterday

10 by Yuno »»
3 hours ago

» Thoughts on Zelda/Switch games?

coolyfruity - 10 hours ago

3 by Lucifrost »»
7 hours ago

» What what are the best and worst Grand Theft Auto games?

Juggernauttt - Apr 16, 2021

21 by vicecetti »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.