Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2020 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A blast from the past. That Mitsuo guy can be a pain to deal with, considering he's Minare's Ex.

At least Minare's work is reaching out to her fans. Decent satirical humor as usual for this show. I want more.
May 22, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2016
Of course the older brother is the crazy one.
May 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Feb 2019
My baby Minare so fucking fine

When your ex texts you out the blue

Lmao, they always want to come back once you start doing well. Block and move on queen

Makie and Nakahara are gradually getting closer, gonna be fun to see how this potential love triangle works out, especially with the drama we’ll get next episode. Maybe Minare will start to confront her feelings for him.

Another really really good episode, fun, over the top and relatable as usual. Didn’t get to it last week because I started reading Yesterday wo utatte, but this weekend I’ll certainly get into the manga
May 22, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
There were a number of things that happened in todays episode. Some that were shocking, some were just laughable. I love how it tied into the first episode too.

Next week cannot come fast enough!
May 22, 2020 12:50 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Oh shit oh shit oh shit... literally what Minares face looked like at the end. At least what I think. But as for the episode, it didn't even take 3 seconds before I laughed. Also Minares papa is great. That was brilliant. As for Nakahara, I don't like him nor the black haired chick.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 22, 2020 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
Minare x Mizuho was bound to happen.

Minare's dad had it coming.
Nakahara had it coming as well.
Now Mitsuo has it coming.
May 22, 2020 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far in my opinion, it was really enjoyable and funny, the directing was absoultly amazing the transition between scenes was really smooth the whole episode felt like 5 minutes
May 22, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 2015
At least we found out the true origin of her name
May 22, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
"I'll go through a sex change and make her happy!" quote of the day". And baby Minare was too cute, lol.

Great episode again, especially liiked how this tied in with the first half of episode one and the reveal regarding what Minare's name stands for. Nice implementation of foreshadowing and subtext so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2020 2:29 PM
Jun 2019
Everytime a philosophical subject (or not) is discussed and ridiculed, that is what makes Nami yo Kiitekure so funny.
As always each character has its own humor which is always so funny.
Minare's mother was really cute when she was young.
May 22, 2020 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
Damn Mitsuo, what the f*** do you want?
Men are despicable xc

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 22, 2020 3:13 PM

May 2019
So we've finally reached the first episode's timeline.

And oh boy, ex-boyfriend trouble is up next!
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Jul 2017
well that was a wacky story from the dad's side

also that onii-chan a bit too possessive to be completely honest
May 22, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Minare’s convo with her dad about where her name came from was hilarious. i like how they came full circle from the first episode, nice touch

Makie’s wasn’t kidding when she pretty much described her brother as a psycopath in a previous episode.
May 22, 2020 9:33 PM

May 2015
landofthekwt said:
At least we found out the true origin of her name

If you are talking about that recollection about the man and the blondie talking about ainu jokes while sitting on a bench, I think, that was actually a memory of Kanetsu-san (Minare's boss at the radio station) that explained why he had been so interested in Minare from the start. Not just because of her voice, personality or resemblance to that girl from his past but because of her name too. That was my favourite part in this episode.

I wonder whether his father's story about the three mistesses's names was true. That one made me laugh.
IshitatesoMay 23, 2020 12:14 AM
May 23, 2020 1:21 AM
Apr 2019
Fuck the ex-boyfriend showed up..

Just marry mizuho tbh
May 23, 2020 1:59 AM
Apr 2018
Minare x Mizuho make it happen. I WANT IT. I NEED IT.
May 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Jul 2017
Lots of content shuffling (while taking out content not going to be adapted) this episode, but trying to be blunt with it:

(Chap 23, beginning):
Minare sure has A LOT of ranting though HEH. And girl, going through sex change to make Mizuho happy? We're ready when you are! HAHA xD

(Chap 24-26, the conversation of Makie):
And Makie's brother showed up...the obscene terror shooketh her entire body. Nakahara tries to diffuse the situation, but Manager Takahara just gave them an unnoticable feeling at reading the situation. A lol bit of a psychopathic and protective level for her brother though, and Nakahara's housewife of a sister just totally did the job and saving their asses. WOW that was a wild ride.

(Chap 28-29, the real meat of this episode):
Finally, we understand the backstory being Minare's name. Very hilarious though how her dad came full circle about her given name from mistresses, but then in a flash, gave up about it and just went with the flow. What a way to choose names for newborns. And back into radio business, that brown bear business, unfinished from Episode 1, finally given a close.

The cliffhanger though...the ex-boyfriend Mitsuo makes his entrance...what's his deal with Minare???
KANLen09May 23, 2020 2:46 AM
May 23, 2020 4:05 AM

Oct 2017
Quite the revealation about the origins of Minare's name lmao, that was hilarious. Also the short flashback was really interesting.
May 23, 2020 4:59 AM

Feb 2019
This is kind of the wrong focus but... was so excited to see some Ainu language at the end!

For those who don't know, the Ainu people are a people native to Hokkaidou and I think in the past the northeastern parts of Honshuu (Japan's primary island). They're not related to the Japanese people and so they have their own languages/dialects called the Ainu languages. If you open https://db4.ninjal.ac.jp/ainutopic/dictionary/en/ (an online dictionary for one dialect of Ainu), you can find "mina" meaning laugh under "Emotion > Laugh". Just in case anybody's curious ^^

Gotta hand it to the mangaka though. I'm guessing they have some knowledge of Ainu or really looked into it.

I'm probably gushing for the wrong thing here but can't help it, I just love languages lol

Also, Minare's curious face when Komoto came in and there were slightly awkward glances between him and Mizuho lol

Now I'm not sure which one is the real reason for Minare's name haha
May 23, 2020 7:19 AM

Jun 2013
I ship Minare x Mizuho. It's bound to happen, no point in denying it.

Based on the preview, I guess her ex will try to get back with her.

Also, that woman's siscon brother is just too much.

That Ainu language at the end. The last time I heard some Ainu was in Golden Kamuy.
臭い-
May 23, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
Minare's father is a man among men. To think that Minare's name had that kind of a backstory. At least the mysterious lady gave the name Minare a better definition.

Also...

A noble idea.
May 23, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2008
Olivi125 said:
Damn Mitsuo, what the f*** do you want?
Men are despicable xc

Mitsuo did nothing wrong!
At this point everyone should have already understood that it's always Minare's fault.
May 23, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
Phobez said:
This is kind of the wrong focus but... was so excited to see some Ainu language at the end!

Gotta hand it to the mangaka though. I'm guessing they have some knowledge of Ainu or really looked into it.

I'm probably gushing for the wrong thing here but can't help it, I just love languages lol

As you liked that and I see you like historical stuff as well (well you watched, and liked, Vinland Saga at least). I would suggest you should watch Golden Kamuy as the very next post after yours points out:

Bibimbapski said:

That Ainu language at the end. The last time I heard some Ainu was in Golden Kamuy.
May 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2008
Chuuya Nakahara & Makie Tachibana should just hook-up!
so Minare's name actually came from the past lovers of her dad namely: "Michiru, Natsuko and Reiko" oh how ingenious and clever!
5/5.

May 23, 2020 10:44 PM
Apr 2020
So Mato-san selected Minare not just because she's a diamond in a rough but partly because of her name.

"Mina re" to make laugh.

But, how her father came up with her name is hilarious!
Ao_SkyMay 23, 2020 10:54 PM
May 23, 2020 11:17 PM

Feb 2019
D1tchd1gger said:
Phobez said:

As you liked that and I see you like historical stuff as well (well you watched, and liked, Vinland Saga at least). I would suggest you should watch Golden Kamuy as the very next post after yours points out:

Bibimbapski said:

Seems pretty interesting. Will take a look at that, thanks!
May 24, 2020 6:23 AM

Sep 2011
We got to the bear moment from the first episode! And Minare's father is apparently, I say apparently because I don't know if he should be taken seriously, a cheater on top of being an alcoholic and well, I feel for her mother. That flashback scene with that Ainu language was kind of poignant and cool too. Everyone has different senses of humor, but I don't like black humour. I'm not sure about the part of embarrassing yourself to make others laugh either, but I guess it's better than ridiculing others for a cheap laugh. And Minare is becoming what this lady wanted to become, and she is really funny at times. Oh, and I like how Nakahara stood up for Makie. Her brother really is "kind of" crazy. It doesn't necessarily need to end in a romantic way, but I think it would be nice if Nakahara and Makie fell for each other. Way better than having her life decided by someone else. Brother or not he has no right to control her. And well, even if they remain just as friends, Nakahara was still the one who was there to give her a hand into becoming free and that's already a lot, really. Now Mitsuo is going to be back and I hope we can trust the episode title. Even if he truly changed, what I doubt, Minare can forgive him, but she would be a fool to accept him into her life again.
May 24, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2017
Definitely concerned about more potential domestic abuse with Makie, but this seemed to conclude rather well at least. The weird flashback scene is interesting. I'm thinking it probably is Matou in the past. Not sure who the girl is, but it further explains why he was so fixated on Minare.

I'll get a sex change and make her happy. The doujins write themselves.
May 24, 2020 11:13 AM
Mar 2020
the flashback scene made me think that the guy with white hair of the radio station is minare father. Lol I think I’m so wrong... but it can be minare boss too, and that’s why he’s so obsessive (in a good way) in minare. I’m just confused about who the woman with blond hair is... very good episode! I just don’t get it why exactly the white hair guy will have leave the radio
May 24, 2020 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Makie's brother and his sister complex... not the best execution of dark humour if I'm honest so I'm kinda glad that sub-plot is finally over.

That aside, it was another funny episode overall. The banter between Minare and his father was particularly hilarious but man, naming your daughter after three mistresses? That's definitely a new level of scumbag-ness xD
May 25, 2020 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
This show keeps getting better and better. That phone call with his father was hilarious!
May 25, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2018
So, this long hair guy , is he Makie's onichan????

Oh so that how Minare's dad got her that name , it was was from his 3 flings "MIchiro, NAtsuko, and REiko......

BTW does anybody notice Matou taking some kind of CD, what is it anywayz????
JiangHaoyi1979May 25, 2020 11:44 AM
May 25, 2020 1:11 PM
May 2018
Nice and funny episode espicially the call between Minari and her father
Anime is going to have an original ending so we have only 4 eps till the end
May 26, 2020 7:36 AM

Aug 2017
matheoo41 said:
Minare x Mizuho was bound to happen.

Minare's dad had it coming.
Nakahara had it coming as well.
Now Mitsuo has it coming.

and here i thought I was the only one thinking that Minare is getting gay LMAO
and the history of how MI-NA-RE got her name is hilarious!
and I'm thinking Nakahara is too focus on Minare to see Makie
and dont' forget his older sister, that was amazing non stop attack.
and hell yes the ex is coming!

what can I ask for a hilarious espisode! I'm totally in love with it!

May 26, 2020 12:59 PM
Aug 2012
I was laughing my head off when her dad explained why he called her Minare)))))))
Hilarious episode!!!
May 26, 2020 11:22 PM

Oct 2014
How come Monty Python's humor is not based on the actors embarrassing themselves lol did that woman really watch it

I guess she was talking about people getting embarrassed in real life situations, like they (claim to) do in stand-up shows?

In other news: I really hope that creepy stalker brother dies
May 27, 2020 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
Z_Tetriminos said:
How come Monty Python's humor is not based on the actors embarrassing themselves lol did that woman really watch it

I guess she was talking about people getting embarrassed in real life situations, like they (claim to) do in stand-up shows?

In other news: I really hope that creepy stalker brother dies

Yes, Sissel went to watch the live show.
May 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
Omg Mitsuo's text at the end now I'm hyped af this is gonna be horrible but hilarious I just know xDD
May 29, 2020 9:27 PM

Mar 2009
Let's be honest. Nakahara's sister is the best character of the series.
Jun 1, 2020 3:43 PM

Feb 2017
Well... that's one way to think of daughter's name lol.
Jun 16, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2018
It's the first time I've heard the Ainu language here. It was nice, since it is also one of the endangered languages.

Oof, what a way to name a child.
Aug 7, 2020 7:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The pacing direction from these episode kinda felt mixed up so much and pretty hectic trying to solved the whole problem that appeared before, like Mato's previous life, and the reason why he chose Minare. Mr Kureko's-san last visited and its story. The real relations between Mizuho and Ryuusuke, the radio sound mixer. Makie and her creepy brother that shamefully came back from his wounded. Then the silly one, Minare herself phone conversation with her father.

The only one that really got solved nicely was the Makie problems. Finally her brother released her without any consequences. Was that right? Thanks to Chuuya's older sister! Not gonna mention the stupid conversation in the first one. Its about Minare and her father conversation about her name. That was indeed a ridiculous conversation like heck already. Child was never leave the parents attitude, thats what happened with Minare and her father relations. Lmao.

The problem there was the flashback of Mato-san. Its just funny how the flashback looks like the classic concept of a broadcaster from the past. Its suited well with the theme of the show. But, what happened exactly there? The explanations still got a postponed, together with everything that returned exactly on these episode. Unintentionally it just matched up with Minare's father on the previous episode. Was that explanations connected?

Before everything gonna get a proper plot of clearance, Minare's past boyfriend appeared out of nowhere to bring more drama. Atleast the plot point has now back to the normal fast forwarding style again. By knowing the fact that radio broadcasting scenes on the first episode had been released on these episode. The sceneries just be back to zero again to simply avoided any messed up with the plot setting. Lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
The dad is an absolute legend for spitting all those lies on how Minare got her name but I really like the flashback scene at the end explaining it even though its kinda vague who is who there.

Nice tie in to the first episode and also to see Tachibana's crazy brother...man how is this man not arrested yet with what he did to the bully and his mom.

Apr 3, 2021 1:29 AM
Jul 2009
Minare: There are dirty jokes in the Ainu language.
Everyone who's watched/read Golden Kamuy: Damn right!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Sep 1, 2021 12:24 AM

Dec 2020
LMFAO we got to see how minare's name was decided. a bit confused tho, was the last "to make laugh (mina re)" clip her mother? or was it the manager's (???) fav comedian? either way another great ep. cant wait to see the legend himself, mitsuo next ep
Aug 4, 2022 12:26 PM

Jun 2020
koumoto tried to kiss mizuho back then right? why don’t they share any more scenes tgt tho. he barely spoke 5 words in this appearance lol. I just want to hear more of kaito’s voice hehe. I also really like makie & nakahara pairing, and nakahara’s sister is hilarious lol

they always come crawling back, lol………….damn that preview for next episode, can’t stop watching now can i

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 12, 2023 9:37 PM

Nov 2022
This bear story was actually pretty inspirational now that I think about it.
Don't we all have a bear to wrestle against in our lives? :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.