Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aye, Myne and her silly picture imaginations. She's still spreading the selfless nature by helping with the service.

Interestingly, there's also music now that adds more harmony to the overall show's vibes.
May 16, 2020 11:51 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I can see her winning a lot of people over with her actions.
May 16, 2020 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
I'm thinking very hard on when Maine's mom and dad had their impregnation moment, It has to be the time both Maine and her sister aren't at home since their home is so small and any noise is very noticable, but Maine sleep in her home everynight, and everyday dad goes to work.
May 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Feb 2019
Maine is so [cute](https://imgur.com/a/EkhKMNJ) omg

Another really really good episode. I love these character building/development episodes like today. Rosina is a really good person, she’s just been used to working a certain way and has to evolve is all. Maine was very patient, fair and understanding and they were able to navigate that situation well.

Nice to see that Maine’s parents have been busy while she’s been away ;)

The revelation at the end there was very sad. Wasn’t expecting rape to come into the equation here 😔 poor Wilma.

Crazy to think we’re already into week 7 here. I hope we get a third season of this, such a beautiful series.
May 16, 2020 12:24 PM
Jan 2019
Marinate1016 said:

The revelation at the end there was very sad. Wasn’t expecting rape to come into the equation here 😔 poor Wilma.

Well, the translation is imprecise there, and the explanation itself was shortened. In reality,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:54 PM
May 16, 2020 12:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They are going to have a baby, it's great I hope we will see the baby, the instrument part was also great, but that end was shocking
May 16, 2020 12:44 PM
Oct 2016
Speaking of gaining new party members, some new retainers for Main each presenting some new problems. Starting to get a dial in to all this nobility business that Main is messing to educate herself on. With her heavy amount of mana and how well, incredible she is of course needs to gain some smarts from a noble trained lady like Rosina. Along with the music lessons. Important conversation between Main and Ferdinand about her future. She needs to watch out for these nobles whom will try to use her for their own schemes given how powerful she is. So all this education he keeps trying to give her is for this sole purpose. Helps a lot of his earlier actions make sense.

Loved all the scenes with Rosina. Could tell immediately just like Main that something was off about her. Having that sense of superiority built into Her by her old master Christine. Good lesson that we can't just go back to how things were. Main keeps taking in these retainers and pretty much improving their lives vastly. Teaching them all how to be better humans and treat each other well. Along with how to write and function better in the society they live. Rosina really came around by the end learning to humble herself. Now next to see what happened to Wilma.
May 16, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
She handled things so well. I'm kinda surprised. Normally there is a little struggle, but she went through each problem quite well, and handled it in such a professional manner. Wonder when the twist is gonna come that's gonna put a bunch of pressure on her.
May 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
Never dreamed of hearing Hayami Show sing. Now my life is complete.
May 16, 2020 1:15 PM
Sep 2014
was so surprised I don't even know if I liked the singing lol
May 16, 2020 1:17 PM
Apr 2019
Ohh the music in this anime reminds me of the music that plays when Rosalina tells her story in Super Mario Galaxy. It's really soothing!!
May 16, 2020 1:18 PM

Feb 2019
AlexNG said:
Marinate1016 said:

Well, the translation is imprecise there, and the explanation itself was shortened. In reality,

I must’ve misunderstood then. I don’t use subs.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:54 PM
May 16, 2020 1:29 PM
Apr 2018
I don't know but I'm not impressed when the Head Priest sang.
May 16, 2020 1:31 PM
May 2012
Ellenwitch said:
Wonder when the twist is gonna come that's gonna put a bunch of pressure on her.

The second season will only cover half of the second arc of the novels. So the real twist of the arc would be for season 3 of the anime.
May 16, 2020 1:36 PM
Jan 2019
Marinate1016 said:

I must’ve misunderstood then. I don’t use subs.

It was certainly about to happen, but the impression I get from the original novel quote is that it was stopped in time. In contrast, by translating "no other harm", they give an impression that it did happen. They also omitted the part about

青色神官に騙されて、花捧げへと連れ出されたことがございます。主であるクリスティーネ様が不在に気付き、助けてくださって事なきを得たのですが、あれ以来、殿方が苦手なのです。

erinerinyes said:

Chalk that up to casting - canonically you should be impressed. ;)

DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:42 PM
May 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Jun 2019
I've enjoyed this episode, but I'm still waiting for some action with nobility.
May 16, 2020 1:47 PM
Apr 2018
erinerinyes said:

Chalk that up to casting - canonically you should be impressed. ;)[/quote]

Tbh I like the fact that Hayami Show is voicing Ferdinand. I just did not expect to hear his singing voice.
May 16, 2020 2:10 PM
Jan 2019
erinerinyes said:

Tbh I like the fact that Hayami Show is voicing Ferdinand. I just did not expect to hear his singing voice.

If they ever get to part 3 of the novels,
, so not very impressive singing could be a bit of a problem at that point.
May 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Apr 2020
erinerinyes said:

Definitely did not make me swoon. That's for sure.

Looks like the next episode is going to be dark :(
May 16, 2020 2:36 PM

Mar 2016
Wilma had a rough past, looks we're going to see more of her in the next episode, I hope Myne can do something to help her.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 16, 2020 2:54 PM
Apr 2020
By the way the reason that Myne was able to understand music and be able to play the harspiel so quickly was because in her previous life she played the piano for three years. I just thought I’d put it out there since I feel that the writers aren’t going to address the fact any time soon. Anyway overall great episode and I can’t wait for the next . :)
May 16, 2020 3:27 PM

Jul 2016
Wonderful episode, I really like how this show is so soft and wholesome but in the same time can deal with dark and heavy themes.
May 16, 2020 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
A lot of derp-eye in this episode lol.

Sad ending point. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it sounds...
May 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
Main is learning how to play music, this new servant is nice finally
What a horrible story in the end
May 16, 2020 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
New retainers! Rosina was a bit troublesome, normally Myne would struggle a bit more with this, but with good enough advice she did the best she could and managed it so that everyone is happy! She's learning!!

So even music is now a thing here as well, interesting. Hearing Ferdinand sing was quite something. Myne is a quick learner playing the harspiel!

That talk about Wilma's past was unexpected! :(
May 16, 2020 4:21 PM
Nov 2019
As hinted in previous episodes - grey shrine maidens were often offered as "Flowers" and if their belly became fat they were chucked back into the orphanage...

So lifting this bit from the LN adds more evidence that how the church operates is rotten through & through...

“Wilma, would you consider being my attendant? This isn’t an order, but a question. You can say no if you like.” Wilma’s eyes wavered nervously, then she sighed and lowered her eyes. “...I truly appreciate the offer, but it would be wise to ask Rosina instead.” Wilma glanced at Fran, then looked away with a troubled expression. She furrowed her brow a bit, then slowly opened her mouth, as if she really didn’t want to say what she was about to say. “In the past, I was... I was once fooled by a blue priest and taken to a flower offering.
but ever since then I have been uneasy around men. I will obey if you order me to be your attendant, but if you do value my desires, I would like to stay in the girls’ building of the orphanage. There are only children and girls here.”

So a history of sexual abuse is already evident.

DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:40 PM
May 16, 2020 4:44 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
The church definitely is corrupt, but it's also interesting that the author managed to develop a religious organization that is pretty different from real life religions. It's authority structure seems halfway Catholic, but women have a bigger role in the church, plus there is no celibacy. It has a polytheistic theology, but the pantheon seems more narrow than say the Greek, Norse, or Hindu pantheons. Overall, definitely a good job with the world building.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 16, 2020 5:32 PM
May 2012
gaussian_ said:
The church definitely is corrupt, but it's also interesting that the author managed to develop a religious organization that is pretty different from real life religions. It's authority structure seems halfway Catholic, but women have a bigger role in the church, plus there is no celibacy. It has a polytheistic theology, but the pantheon seems more narrow than say the Greek, Norse, or Hindu pantheons. Overall, definitely a good job with the world building.

I'm not sure the complete pantheon is that much narrower than the greek or norse one. It is a pantheon with a hierarchy, with only a few top deities, but each of those top deities seem to have a ton of vassal deities under them.
May 16, 2020 5:37 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
daedalron said:
I'm not sure the complete pantheon is that much narrower than the greek or norse one. It is a pantheon with a hierarchy, with only a few top deities, but each of those top deities seem to have a ton of vassal deities under them.

That is possible. From what we've seen in the anime / what I've read in the light novels, there were some hints that there may be more gods than the main seven, which would make this similar to a Greek or Norse pantheon.
May 16, 2020 5:58 PM
May 2012
gaussian_ said:
That is possible. From what we've seen in the anime / what I've read in the light novels, there were some hints that there may be more gods than the main seven, which would make this similar to a Greek or Norse pantheon.

There's been more than hints. Multiple of them have been named, like the God of Alcohol, the Goddess of Wisdom, or the God of War.
A few characters have even mentioned that they had trouble remembering all of the names from the Gods subordinate to the main seven. Which implies there are quite a few of them.
May 16, 2020 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
Musical skill acquired Too many priest taking too many flowers
May 16, 2020 6:48 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
daedalron said:
There's been more than hints. Multiple of them have been named, like the God of Alcohol, the Goddess of Wisdom, or the God of War.
A few characters have even mentioned that they had trouble remembering all of the names from the Gods subordinate to the main seven. Which implies there are quite a few of them.

Thanks for bringing that up. I'm glad there are some more observant watchers to correct my errors.
May 17, 2020 12:58 AM

Apr 2012
For a moment there, Rosetta conducted herself like a blue robed noble.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 17, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2018
It was a nice episode. Not outstanding but pleasant. I really like the show but I have to admit that the first season has been better. Also, the show is rather vanilla and tame. The Crunchyroll translation for the last scene was terrible and I think also wrong or was "she gave her flowers to a Noble" a euphemism for "he raped her and she was forced to give up her virginity to him"....which would make more sense and also why the poor girl doesn't want to have anything to do with men. Someone here wrote that it was "only" attempted rape...like I said the translation was shit. If the show will actually deal with that in the next episode, I would be very impressed but also surprised.
May 17, 2020 4:52 AM
May 2012
huntress1013 said:
The Crunchyroll translation for the last scene was terrible and I think also wrong or was "she gave her flowers to a Noble" a euphemism for "he raped her and she was forced to give up her virginity to him"...

Yeah, the "offering of flowers" is basically the codename by the Church for the forced prostitution of the grey robe priestesses. It's not an euphemism from the translation, it's an euphemism from the Church...
And yeah, like someone said before, Wilma's mistress intervened in the nick of time and prevented her from being raped, but she still has a huge trauma about it. You can notice how when she talked to Main, she kept the door between her and Fran in this episode.
May 17, 2020 6:16 AM

Jul 2019
They really did not want to spend any money on animation this episode. Sure, it is not a music anime but the amount of standstill frames was just too excessive.

I really like the way the headpriest is protecting her by bending many of Myne's decisions in a more appropriate direction. Also we got to know one of the many reasons why unisex convents were not really a thing irl.
May 17, 2020 6:33 AM

Mar 2018
daedalron said:
huntress1013 said:
The Crunchyroll translation for the last scene was terrible and I think also wrong or was "she gave her flowers to a Noble" a euphemism for "he raped her and she was forced to give up her virginity to him"...

Yeah, the "offering of flowers" is basically the codename by the Church for the forced prostitution of the grey robe priestesses. It's not an euphemism from the translation, it's an euphemism from the Church...
And yeah, like someone said before, Wilma's mistress intervened in the nick of time and prevented her from being raped, but she still has a huge trauma about it. You can notice how when she talked to Main, she kept the door between her and Fran in this episode.

This reminds me of Delia and how it was indirectly said that she had to offer herself to men. Sanctioned paedophilia basically. It is really too bad that the show mentioned it only vaguely but never tackled it.
May 17, 2020 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
YAY Turi's mom is pregnant, and Myne is obviously happy with it.

But a picture book? While Myne is ecstatic about it, the Church however doesn't take lightly of these issues, and Head Priest Ferdinand suggests taking in more retainers...to Myne's chagrin as she learn the ways of being a noble. IMO, Myne really has NO choice but to follow the lead of Ferdinand.

1st task: taking up music, and this is a piece of cake for Myne (given her RL of having played the piano), and with it, the approval of Wilma (artist) and Rosine (musician) as new retainers.

As much as Rosina is a musician, her behaviour is like Delia's manipulation by the High Priest (much like a blue-robed servant), which is the only thing that feels off that adds to the arrogance of others. Looks like Myne needs to place the same method to change her mindset (from her previous Master who gave her special treatment), the same way Gil and Delia did before.

The talk on Wilma...the topic of "giving her flower" is almost very certain to attempted rape. How low can the Church go...
daedalron said:
huntress1013 said:

Now only I've noticed the distancing of her and Fran, the trauma really kicks in hard. Oh well, we'll understand next week then.
May 17, 2020 7:06 AM

Apr 2020
It is fine, not as bad as the last episode, but at this point this show reduced to episodic kids show.
May 17, 2020 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
"I'm pregnant"

me: shaking my head, another mouth to feed?
Main: I'm gonna make a picture book

japan government is really pushing it. gotta make muh howaito beybis!
kidlat020May 17, 2020 9:04 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 17, 2020 9:32 AM

Dec 2016
Guess our known two singers from the macross series made their appearence here ;)

The only impression I got from Rosina is that she's another Himedere :/ but she plays very gently with that instrument which I found very nice to hear <3
It wasn't nice to see her giving orders to Main's retainers, like a princess. Like, isn't she a grey robbed too? Rosina really needs to change that behaviour and she proved at the end she's going to change it, which is good.

Nice episode! Hopping to see Main help Wilma with her insecurity for men. She seemed hurt :(
PurpleGirl203May 17, 2020 9:35 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 17, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
By flower, she meant her virginity or basically sex right? Didn't think rape would appear in this show. Honestly, it took me aback. I'll be honest, so far my impression has been that this was family friendly (but then again, the Merchant Guild head's granddaughter did want to be a concubine and Delia too...), so it surprised me. Not that it was bad or I have a problem with it, just that I was surprised.

Glad they're not sugercoating this whole nobility thing though. Where there's power, there's bound to be abuse, and not just for more power or money.
May 17, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
Question for LN readers, how close are we to the opening scene of the first season?
May 17, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
Wilma is an angel but unfortunately she was taken advantage of, I really like how this show tackles on dark topics but does it on a tasteful way, bit of sugarcoating about how bad things can get on old times but never goes shock value like it happens most of the time on most shows.
May 17, 2020 11:13 AM
Sep 2017
ssjokg said:
Question for LN readers, how close are we to the opening scene of the first season?

May 17, 2020 11:47 AM
May 2012
ssjokg said:

I confirm Hurwitz opinion,
May 17, 2020 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Hurwitz said:
ssjokg said:

daedalron said:
ssjokg said:

I confirm Hurwitz opinion,

Thank you both!!

I didn't realize that this adaptation uses so few ew material.
May 17, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
Phobez said:
By flower, she meant her virginity or basically sex right? Didn't think rape would appear in this show. Honestly, it took me aback. I'll be honest, so far my impression has been that this was family friendly (but then again, the Merchant Guild head's granddaughter did want to be a concubine and Delia too...), so it surprised me. Not that it was bad or I have a problem with it, just that I was surprised.

Glad they're not sugercoating this whole nobility thing though. Where there's power, there's bound to be abuse, and not just for more power or money.

That's what I believed too, "flower" should be her virginity and considering the society the story takes place in, I wouldn't be surprised she was indeed forced to have sex with someone having such power/influence.

Great episode on the other hand, Main's expanding her network and ability to live as a noble. Soon she's going to rule over the Church lol
May 17, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 2016
AlexNG said:
Marinate1016 said:

So we can assume that Lady Christine was/is one of the good nobles?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:38 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 17, 2020 3:28 PM
May 2012
Nieznajomy43 said:
So we can assume that Lady Christine was/is one of the good nobles?

Well, at the very least,
Would she have done the same for another grey priestess? Probably not...

DeadlyRavenMay 26, 2020 3:37 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

152 by AnaBanana-chan »»
Mar 29, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.