Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2020 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's not everyday that a noble like that would have an interest in Arte for her work. Seems like that noble is also rather famous too from this Venice place.

I'm glad that Arte realizes how important her relationship with Leo is though. It's one those episodes where she knows the value of work and human connections.
May 16, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2018
Famous aristocrat Yuri Fariel from Venice is interested in Arte, after seeing the gravity she made. After being offered the job Arte did not immediately accept the offer from the nobleman, it seemed that Arte was thinking about the offer. She consulted with his father and asked for some advice from him, I think if you do not want to work, just reject the invitation rather than having to think about the convoluted things. As a woman, Arte felt that doing work like this was out of bounds.

After thinking about the offer, the time came when Arte would give confirmation to the nobleman. Arte went to the house of the nobleman and when she got there, she met with Yuri Fariel, after discussing it seemed that Arte refused the offer. The nobleman appeared to be disappointed and asked the reason to Arte. After leaving the palace Arte met a pregnant woman, this woman seemed to ask the way. Arte helped this woman but ...
SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:34 AM
May 16, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2019
Time for more of best girl Arte :)

Good on Arte for turning down the Venetian merchant initially and turning it into a bargaining chip for Ruthana. Really smart play

Ruthana’s story is quite sad. You’d think her husband’s family would be a bit more compassionate considering she’s heavily pregnant and essentially broke. Even if they don’t care about her specifically, she is carrying the grandchild.

Another really good episode, Arte saving the day with her quick thinking. Can’t wait to see Renaissance Venice and what it has in store for Arte :)

I wish this show got more love. Such a slept on gem.
May 16, 2020 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
The nobleman from Venice, Yuri Falier, seems like a pertinent character that's dropped by courtesan Veronica's place, and by sight, Arte's portrait painting.

Just because Arte's a woman and an aristocrat, doesn't mean that she has to accept the offer then and there (to help Yuri's niece). But Master Leo is humanly enough to accept her decision, no matter the outcome, and this IMO speaks volumes about his unwaving character.

Despite turning the opportunity down, Leo opportunes another old friend (Ruthsana) whom Arte has coincidentally met on the roads...a master's only daighter, and pregnant with a child of a deceased husband seemingly met from a blind date.

Back to Leo and Yuri's conversation about Arte's future being a craftswoman though, of course, being a noble means being frugal about using people, and Yuri is NO different against Leo who prioritizes hard work over wealth. To Arte though, helping Ruthsana clear her monetary debts is part-and-parcel of her character, and to Yuri she can only go to to solve this case, tit for tat.

With one side resolved with Ruthsana, Arte's road to Venice is paving the way.
May 16, 2020 8:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I hate that blond guy tbh... Nice development between Arte and Leo it was the best part, I felt bad for the pregnant girl at the beginning but at least the end was good for her
May 16, 2020 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
To be honest, I'm appalled that Ruthana's husband's family weren't willing to support. Did they not realize that they were the grandparents of the child Ruthana would give birth too?

Anyway, good episode overall. Story is taking an interesting direction and I'm very curious to see how Arte will fare in Venice.
May 16, 2020 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
This Yuri guy is fishy as heck I don't trust him at all. Also I really didn't want Arte to go but seems like I'll have to spend the next few episodes watching her dealing with some annoying brat without Leo on screen. Oh boy...
May 16, 2020 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting development, I'm looking forward to Arte's work in Venice.
May 16, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 2015
I want to 3P with Leo and Yuri! Oh, almost forget about Angelo, that'd make it 4P...
May 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
I just hope the story will keep focussing on Arte making progress as an artist and not on some "pseudo NTR".

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2020 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
A whole lot happened in today's episode. Really makes me curious how it's all gonna go. I can see Yuri trying to make moves on Arte while she's over there oof.
May 16, 2020 10:05 AM

Nov 2017
And we got to the breaking point in the show. I dont't like how things're turning out. If they gonna waste 3 or more episodes on this Venice job i might drop the show. Arte you basically jumped in the trap aren't you?
May 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode. It hurt my heart to see a pregnant woman pleading and being so cruelly cast aside. I'm glad Ruthsana had a happy ending.

I also don't trust that Yuri guy. Seems real slimy.

Also, who is Darcia and where did she come from? I felt like I missed an episode that involved them meeting.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
May 16, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Arte had me in the first half and then made me NOO towards the end lol
May 16, 2020 10:38 AM

Mar 2019
She saved that pregnant girl, thats great
I definitely dont like Yuri, he looks troublesome
May 16, 2020 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
I'm easily triggered by characters like Yuri. What a fucking cunt. lmao

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
May 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Aug 2012

Smug Arte.

And i don't like Yuri, i wonder what he's scheming...
May 16, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2008
People, seriously.
When I said before that the people behind this anime must have thought, "let's make this feminist story, but not much", I wasn't laughing, I was lamenting. Dacia serves as further proof of this.

Even if you are liking, specially if you're liking, stop watching the anime and go read the manga. It's better, will like Arte even more.
May 16, 2020 12:07 PM

May 2018
Oh an lod friend of Leo shows up and at 1st I though that she's Leo wife........
May 16, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2019
Hmm I was sure that Yuri was going to propose to her or something but it turned out this way lol. But seriously, why does everyone hate the dude, yeah he seems shady but isn't it too early to say anything? (unless you've read the manga or sth)

Anyway, I've heard that they skipped some important manga stuff... That's sad.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Huh. Where did this new character named Darcia come from? I thought I missed an episode since we never got to see her introduction. She's in the opening of the anime, so I thought she was a supporting character.

Anyway, I don't know if Arte really took the words of her friend to her heart about the love some episodes ago. I'm getting the implications she might had not. I was wondering if anime was trying to pair her up with Leo. Wish it was Angelo tho
May 16, 2020 2:13 PM

Oct 2017
Why the hate on that Yuri dude, lol?! The guy just recognized Arte as a waifu material, and the "scheming" thing is his plan on courting her.

+1 to "Who is Darcia?"

Next week we get to see the loli from the OP in action, yay.
May 16, 2020 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
FinalFlash18 said:
Huh. Where did this new character named Darcia come from? I thought I missed an episode since we never got to see her introduction. She's in the opening of the anime, so I thought she was a supporting character.

RainyShadow said:

+1 to "Who is Darcia?"

Dacia is a whole mini arc!
She is a seamstress, that heard about Arte and was interested about her, but with conflicted feelings. She is poor, she values money, she doesn't know what to think and feel about that female apprentice that came from a wealthy background and seemingly threw it away. She is also ashamed of her poverty and angry about how the society doesn't allow her to grow. There's a situation where she snaps and creates a dire situation for her and her work colleges but Arte intervenes and helps. Arte doesn't save the day, just give a bit of guidance to solve the situation. The two talk and become friends, all those feelings Dacia was feelings disappear now that she knows and understand Arte a bit. She takes advantage from this friendship to improve herself.

But I guess this was too many woman doing their own thing alone to fit into the anime.
May 16, 2020 2:47 PM
Mar 2015
The man from Venice swoops in and carries off Arte
May 16, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2019
It was very confusing for anime only watchers when Dacia appeared seeming out-of-nowhere. I know at times anime makers have to make choices which events, characters, etc. to keep and which not, to make the story flow better in animation, especially if they have only so many episodes they can use for the anime...but seriously, I must say this time the one who was overseeing the flow of the anime was doing poor job. If Dacia's whole plot point seemingly was only this much, why not just cut her character out of the anime and make other characters fill out her role if needed? It's not that ground breaking 'idea' after all...now it seemed just weird Arte had suddenly a female friend. =I
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
May 16, 2020 4:50 PM
Apr 2020
I was getting bored but I'm still watching this because I saw the handsome blond appeared to be competition with Leo.
May 16, 2020 5:53 PM
Nov 2019
Ok the posts section is full about dacias and how they skipped her arc.
Maybe they will not make her an important character in the anime
Btw since when the woman should pay money to marry the man.(idk the name in eng sorry)
In my country it's the reverse case.
May 16, 2020 6:48 PM

Mar 2008
Tamago_Onigiri said:
I was getting bored but I'm still watching this because I saw the handsome blond appeared to be competition with Leo.

It's a disgrace, should be irrelevant if there are "competitors" for Arte, this shouldn't be about romance at all.
Plus, remember her "love" for Leo? The anime didn't talked about it again directly, but very fast after Arte understands that what she is feeling is romantic attraction for Leo she decides to leave it as is and forget, because she has far more important things to worry about her life.

Afarran said:
Btw since when the woman should pay money to marry the man.(idk the name in eng sorry)

It's called a "dowry".
Never head about?
The woman as considered a expense, something that the husband had to support, and upon marrying the woman became a member of the husband's family.
There was a understanding that the woman had to birth children that would in turn "return the investment". That was the common sense until very recently and still is in some places.
May 16, 2020 6:51 PM
Nov 2019
PaninaManina said:
Tamago_Onigiri said:

It's a disgrace, should be irrelevant if there are "competitors" for Arte, this shouldn't be about romance at all.
Plus, remember her "love" for Leo? The anime didn't talked about it again directly, but very fast after Arte understands that what she is feeling is romantic attraction for Leo she decides to leave it as is and forget, because she has far more important things to worry about her life.

Afarran said:

It's called a "dowry".
Never head about?
The woman as considered a expense, something that the husband had to support, and upon marrying the woman became a member of the husband's family.
There was a understanding that the woman had to birth children that would in turn "return the investment". That was the common sense until very recently and still is in some places.

Bro i know it but idk the name in eng as i said
But also as i said in my country(also for many others tho) the man should pay this"dowry" to marry the woman
May 16, 2020 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
I feel like the episodes are getting better, I enjoyed the past three to four episodes a lot. I like how Arte helped out this woman, who she doesn't know, and she will experience being a tutor to nobleman's niece.
臭い-
May 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
Afarran said:

But also as i said in my country(also for many others tho) the man should pay this"dowry" to marry the woman

And that is the name of this strange country?
Never heard about this.
May 16, 2020 8:20 PM
Nov 2019
PaninaManina said:
Afarran said:

Never heard about this.

I dont really get what you mean.
Name of my country?
May 16, 2020 8:36 PM
Nov 2019
PaninaManina said:
Afarran said:

Never heard about this.

Check this is you want to know what i means
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahr
May 16, 2020 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
And now he will never allow her to return.
May 16, 2020 11:13 PM
Apr 2018
Arte doing some charity works. I just hope this turning point is for her own development.
May 16, 2020 11:25 PM
Apr 2020
Yuri x Arte. Just because.
May 17, 2020 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
cof cof Johan Liebert cof cof
May 17, 2020 8:33 AM
Nov 2017
I can't believe they cut out Darcia's storyline. For those who haven't read the manga, Darcia is a peasant seamstress that Arte meets, she helps her and her workmates solve some issue with some misogynistic underpayment and afterwards Arte begins to teach Darcia how to read in her off time (that's what you see happening in the scene she showed up in) She's a good character but not exactly detrimental to the overall story, although she's a regular. The Darcia story is mainly to show some class division with working women and noblewomen
May 17, 2020 11:07 AM

Sep 2011
That Venetian noble didn't actually bring trouble, but he sure was up to causing some if he needed to. I guess he sees Arte as a "novelty" and it didn't seem like he would respect her will since he is most certainly used to getting what he wants. I mean, it certainly was easy for him to help Ruthanna, and that's a good thing, but it is also kind of sad. I can already picture his niece as being a brat too, but well. At least it felt like Leo-san didn't want to lose Arte despite what he said, that it wouldn't "trouble" him if she were gone, since he gave her that condition and a place to come back to. And she was the one who went to the noble before he could do anything to make her go with him too. And Ruthanna is safe now. I found the way her mother-in-law treated her to be deplorable though. She could have even lost the baby or something being pushed like that, but I guess she didn't care about her grandson at all. And Darcia's "introduction" was weird, because well, she was just there all of a sudden without a proper introduction, but she seems nice! It's a pity Arte is distancing herself from everyone else for now, but this is still an opportunity in the end. I hope she can make the most out of it.
May 17, 2020 12:17 PM
Mar 2016
PaninaManina said:
People, seriously.
When I said before that the people behind this anime must have thought, "let's make this feminist story, but not much", I wasn't laughing, I was lamenting.

Even if you are liking, specially if you're liking, stop watching the anime and go read the manga. It's better, will like Arte even more.

I really hope you're right because the show is making me tear out my hair in frustration. I mean...why the hell would you turn down advancement? Art, ESPECIALLY in the renaissance and middle ages, is all about patrons and connections. Why would you turn that down? Idk, Arte seems like a very niave, sheltered and frankly a bit of an idiot type of person right now.
May 17, 2020 1:19 PM

Feb 2020
Another week and one more episode of Arte, which, like the story itself, is slowly turning into a very good series (on its own terms).

This time we had the first great opportunity for Arte, which she rejects at first. However, after a certain situation with Leo's old friend, she ends up accepting the offer to go to Venice for six months (for now).
So, the only thing we can do is wait for next week to see what will happen to Arte in Venice.

This time it was a good chapter (as always) ... looking forward to the next one.
May 17, 2020 8:00 PM
Apr 2020
[quote=Afarran message=59818257]
PaninaManina said:
Tamago_Onigiri said:

Yeah, I'm getting bored due to lack of romance so I'm half way out the door but the blond is holding me back at the moment.
May 19, 2020 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
So it wasnt my fault that I couldnt remember Darcia.

Why do this?
Tuliharja said:
It was very confusing for anime only watchers when Dacia appeared seeming out-of-nowhere. I know at times anime makers have to make choices which events, characters, etc. to keep and which not, to make the story flow better in animation, especially if they have only so many episodes they can use for the anime...but seriously, I must say this time the one who was overseeing the flow of the anime was doing poor job. If Dacia's whole plot point seemingly was only this much, why not just cut her character out of the anime and make other characters fill out her role if needed? It's not that ground breaking 'idea' after all...now it seemed just weird Arte had suddenly a female friend. =I

Basically this.

May 19, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
Oh, so there'll be a setting change from the next episode onward, a chance for them to take a different approach.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 19, 2020 2:01 AM

Feb 2020
I'm looking forward to seeing Arte restraining a bratty child x'D
Although Yuri is gonna be trouble. I don't feel good about him. I think he's gonna try to make Arte stay longer than half a year.
Also, Darcia? Did she get introduced? She seemed very cool, though owo''
[quote=PaninaManina message=59818232]

Why did they leave that out?? That's freaking--i- I admire that

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 19, 2020 6:35 AM

Mar 2008
Tamago_Onigiri said:

Yeah, I'm getting bored due to lack of romance so I'm half way out the door but the blond is holding me back at the moment.

Olivi125 said:

No one should read/watch Arte for the romance!

I just noticed this, Arte animes does not passes the Bechdel Test, right?
Says a lot that the producers decided to cut all story lines and scenes of the women in this story doing their own thing and left in only those that include the men.
May 19, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2020
PaninaManina said:
Tamago_Onigiri said:

Olivi125 said:

No one should read/watch Arte for the romance!

I just noticed this, Arte animes does not passes the Bechdel Test, right?
Says a lot that the producers decided to cut all story lines and scenes of the women in this story doing their own thing and left in only those that include the men.

Hm? I think you misunderstood. I admire her accepting her feelings and gradually moving on, because she has more important things to do and worry about right now. That wasn't included in the anime, so I felt sad about that.

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 19, 2020 8:47 AM

May 2013
Yuri seems suspicious but im a sucker for these kinds of "romantic" plot twists hehehehe. Hopefully he'll end up being an ally to Arte.
May 19, 2020 10:17 AM
Feb 2012
another anime with no respect to the source
belongs in the bin with the rest of them
May 19, 2020 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
I'm excited for the new hapter in Arte's life and what Yuri can bring into it.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

127 by BiggKab »»
Jan 14, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

144 by ashura_chan »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

80 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.