Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2020 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At least the difference score between the two teams aren't far now.

But yeah, given the circumstances, players do have their physical limits they need to be wary of. One of the most important element in this show is to keep the determination high no matter what happens so that played an important role.
May 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Mar 2015
Really loved the transition from the ending clip and outro, really smooth and played on the emotions nicely.
May 13, 2020 4:04 AM
Apr 2020
So, rythm still accelerated (yeah yeah) for that episode, but still no covid19 hiatus in sight.

Anyway, always thought that it was fortunate that Inoue bought out his own rights, otherwise that hommage would have never been possible (lol, someone even bothered himself drawing the back picture of the last volume for the anime)

Dasman said:
Really loved the transition from the ending clip and outro, really smooth and played on the emotions nicely.

And the lyrics of the ending are such a good fit for that series...but anyway, people will keep watching it with their "spokon goggles" on...
May 13, 2020 4:46 AM
Oct 2016
everyone striving to find something they can protect. Looking to breathe life into themselves by having a goal to push forward with. Many characters this episode thinking about the future and what they want to accomplish going forward. Real nail biter again with the lead Kuzu built up fluctuating throughout the episode. By the end getting close as only four, which in basketball is basically nothing. Koji is right that the Kuzu boys can't run on the court for 40 minutes, they just don't have the endurance.

We saw last episode Mokichi come out, now Kite is getting extremely tired. Hurts they don't have much depth in the team along with the hindrance of low stamina. If any of their big dogs come of the court then it kinda starts plummeting. Which doesn't help guys like Momoharu, Kite, and Sora get rest. Whom damn I felt bad for Sora this episode. He's starting to lose what's made him stand on equal footing with the giants on the court. His speed and shot making ability kept him in their level but now he's so gassed from this intense game that his contributions are shrinking. Crashing down upon him like he did after trying for that block.

Loved the parts with Sora mom up too watching the game asking Madoka questions about the team. I hope she can become the coach at their school but we'll see. At least now she has a goal to strive for. Kuzu only has a minimal lead going into the final minute. Anxious to see this game end next episode.
May 13, 2020 5:06 AM
Sep 2015
I was so sure that the match will end in this episode, which is already the seventh episode of this match, and guess what, not only it doesn't end, but the next episode name is "Time Limit" which might imply that it'll go into overtime..., so it could take up to nine episode for this match alone, longer than average Dragon Ball fight.
May 13, 2020 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
Still don't like how they drag every match in the series, I know there are a lot of emotions in between and all that shit but, really? Couldn't they finished the llast three minutes of the match in this episode? Also, I'm starting to dislike Sora's mother for not being honest to herself, I know she has a serious disease but for me that doesn't make one thing for another. Or maybe I'm wrong.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 13, 2020 6:45 AM
May 2019
phantomfandom said:
I was so sure that the match will end in this episode, which is already the seventh episode of this match, and guess what, not only it doesn't end, but the next episode name is "Time Limit" which might imply that it'll go into overtime..., so it could take up to nine episode for this match alone, longer than average Dragon Ball fight.

They have no strength to play OT , so next episode is the last for this match
May 13, 2020 7:30 AM
Nov 2019
Any manga reader can say how they will manage to end it in 20eps if each match will be 7 eps?? Or it will be a non satisying end.
I think sora's mother will be the coach.
And the ending song was dope
May 13, 2020 7:37 AM

Dec 2013
I really love how this episode showed that everyone on the court and outside of it had different "things to protect", aligning with the episode title so well.

Scenes involving Sora's mother make me so emotional...
May 13, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2019
Afarran said:
Any manga reader can say how they will manage to end it in 20eps if each match will be 7 eps?? Or it will be a non satisying end.

its simple, they will lose this game. Since the beggining of the manga it seems that they didnt manage to win a single game.
May 13, 2020 7:41 AM
Nov 2019
Kbenicio said:
Afarran said:

its simple, they will lose this game. Since the beggining of the manga it seems that they didnt manage to win a single game.
Kbenicio said:
Afarran said:

Is this a theory? Or this what happens?
May 13, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2019
Afarran said:
Kbenicio said:

Kbenicio said:

I cant confirm that because i havent read this manga, its just something that i saw people talking in the subreddit for this anime/manga :<
May 13, 2020 7:45 AM
Nov 2019
Kbenicio said:
Afarran said:

I cant confirm that because i havent read this manga, its just something that i saw people talking in the subreddit for this anime/manga :<

If they lose this match what will they do in the 20 eps?
Or maybe they keep training and join next year and they show us at the end that they won
Idk
May 13, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
Afarran said:
Kbenicio said:

Or maybe they keep training and join next year and they show us at the end that they won
Idk

idk either..if they really return to a training arc after play just one official game i will be pretty disappointed with this show(more than i'm now). But i hope that these people i saw commenting in reddit were just playing a hoax into those that didnt readed the manga..
May 13, 2020 8:00 AM
Nov 2019
Kbenicio said:
Afarran said:

Idk

idk either..if they really return to a training arc after play just one official game i will be pretty disappointed with this show(more than i'm now). But i hope that these people i saw commenting in reddit were just playing a hoax into those that didnt readed the manga..

I checked the subreddit
Bro its very dissapointing
Hope its troll
May 13, 2020 10:11 AM
May 2019
What a gem. This episode had me holding tears for so long. I feel so sorry for Sora and his mother.
Kbenicio said:

And it makes sense. Even though it does exaggerate in some aspects, they still have a little bit of realism in this anime.
Sora misses crucial shots, the 3 second-years suck at basketball. I think it'll probably be necessary for them to really shape this team.
And there's another basketball tournament on the winter, isn't it?
CaioOliveMay 13, 2020 10:18 AM
May 13, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2019
The match is still not over, are they planning to go until ep 50 with it ?
The mom has a goal in her life, ok
May 13, 2020 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
So I never thought that they were gonna lose their first game but looks like they'll actually lose this game. Also just end this damn game already, I hope the one minute left doesn't end up taking 10 mins of next episode.
May 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2016
This series may have its pacing issues (which are a lot, being honest) but I can't deny the good job it does at building up hype. This match's last minutes are being such an exciting ride.

While not spectacular in the slightest, this episode was still probably one of the best ones this series has had. Particularly, knowing that miss Kurumatani might consider the idea of being coach at Kuzu was a heartfelt sign of hope.
May 13, 2020 3:00 PM

Sep 2016
Oh boy I am ready to cry so hard next week

Afarran said:

As a reader, this match took particularly long because it's their first official match. So for future reference, if they make a final, it'll take long as well.

May 13, 2020 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is so slow paced it makes One Piece look good... come on man.
May 13, 2020 3:53 PM
Nov 2019
Afarran said:
Kbenicio said:

I checked the subreddit
Hope its troll
Yukimera said:

Afarran said:

As a reader, this match took particularly long because it's their first official match. So for future reference, if they make a final, it'll take long as well.
i started reading the manga
I am at chap 120 now
Brooo i was shocked😭
May 13, 2020 6:48 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, that match is still not over and at this stage I really don't know who's going to win. My bet's on Kuzuhigh considering that if they lose, it would become a real 32 episodes show following a team which still didn't win anything : I refuse to believe that's going to happen.

I was a bit annoyed this episode by the addition of "flashbacks" about characters from the other school, they basically replaced some real basketball scenes.
May 13, 2020 7:40 PM
Jun 2017
last 1 minute... last 1 minute... im so ready for it..
May 13, 2020 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
oml I thought they were gonna at least end it this ep but somehow managed to stretch a whole minute remaining into like 10 mins lmao. Oh well, I do agree that the ending segment into the outro transition was damn nice.

at least one thing I can give props to this series is that it does pretty well in developing the rival teams. ofc other shows like Haikyuu can do it in a lot less time, but it's nice to see that both side are getting similar amounts of spotlights, and no side is solely being portrayed as the "good guys"

but man is the animation really bringing this show down. It's literally just powerpoint slides at this point lol
May 14, 2020 12:06 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, I really prefer for Kuzu to lose this game and have a sweet comeback story like in Haikyuu!!.

I just feel that Shinjo would realistically win here and deserve to win considering all their amazing efforts and relentless perseverance despite being behind, but I feel that Kuzu is going to win anyways because of the power of teamwork, friendship, etc. etc. Especially since it seems they're trying to get Mokichi to play against his crush's boyfriend's school. 🙃
TheyCallMeTMoneyMay 14, 2020 10:00 AM
May 14, 2020 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
That Slam Dunk manga though.
He got inspired by Sakuragi since he's a thug as well. XD
May 14, 2020 9:47 AM

May 2017
*Removing quote of spoiler *
Am I in some kind of Bizarro world right now or why are people in this episodes thread spoiling and hinting at stuff so hard. I don't understand the need for shit like this. Is this a general problem on MAL?
The_Smoking_ManMay 14, 2020 10:02 AM
May 14, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2018
The_Smoking_Man said:
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
Damn, I really prefer for Kuzu to lose this game and have a sweet comeback story Karasuno-style, after their initial heartbreaking loss to Seijoh in Haikyuu!!.

I just feel that Shinjo would realistically win here and deserve to win considering all their amazing efforts and relentless perseverance despite being behind, but I feel that Kuzu is going to win anyways because of the power of teamwork, friendship, etc. etc. Especially since it seems they're trying to get Mokichi to play against his crush's boyfriend's school. 🙃

Am I in some kind of Bizarro world right now or why are people in this episodes thread spoiling and hinting at stuff so hard. I don't understand the need for shit like this. Is this a general problem on MAL?

I've never read the manga. These were just my thoughts. 😂
May 14, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2017
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
The_Smoking_Man said:

Cool beans, I was referring to the Haikyuu spoiler.
May 14, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2018
The_Smoking_Man said:
TheyCallMeTMoney said:

That's my bad then since it slipped my mind! 😅
May 14, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2017
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
The_Smoking_Man said:

I already got spoiled about that back when it first aired, so it doesn't hurt me, but I just despise spoilers. Ruined Jojo for me, though most of those came from my own stupidity.
The_Smoking_ManMay 14, 2020 10:03 AM
May 14, 2020 10:03 AM

Nov 2018
The_Smoking_Man said:
TheyCallMeTMoney said:

I already got spoiled about that back when it first aired, so it doesn't hurt me, but I just despise spoilers. Ruined Jojo for me, though most of those came from my one stupidity.

Aww, damn, I feel you. I edited my original post to remove the spoiler but it's still in our quoted comments, but I tried. 😂 I don't usually post on Reddit/MAL to talk about episodes since I barely keep up with current anime, so that's my fault for being a noob and not being careful about spoilers either. That's totally fair to not expect to come across other anime's spoilers in a discussion thread about another anime. 😂

May 14, 2020 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
ohh I feel so bad for Sora :(
wish he could score more 3 point in front his mother.
His 3 point at ep. 30 was so cool, want more of it in the future
May 14, 2020 7:32 PM

Feb 2008
footmaster said:

Yeah! This reference was great!!

I am enjoying the show and this match. It is not boring even if sometimes the rythm is a little slow... (what can i say.. i like slice of life)

Idk why Sora's mom didn't wait ONE minute until the end of the match... but it's okay.. (yeah, she said why... but come on.. to not know who won, she would need to leave the gym too quick..)

Next episode will be the last...

May 14, 2020 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
damn cliffhanger less than one minute left!
shame sora's mom left the game because she wants to hear the result directly from his son!
5/5.

May 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2017
Boy that Slam Dunk "reference" tho. One of the best episodes in the recent weeks. Can't wait what will happen in the last minute!
May 15, 2020 4:32 PM

Sep 2016
Afarran said:
Afarran said:

I checked the subreddit
Hope its troll
Yukimera said:

I am at chap 120 now
Brooo i was shocked😭

im saying how can a few white and black lines make a grown ass man cry, im finna love to cry next week tho

May 15, 2020 7:21 PM
Nov 2019
Yukimera said:
Afarran said:
I am at chap 120 now
Brooo i was shocked😭

im saying how can a few white and black lines make a grown ass man cry, im finna love to cry next week tho

Hahahaha
I cried a bit in the chap🤣
But bro the manga is on hiatus since last year
It has 616chaps only 146 translated till now.
Someone is explaining whats happening + he put french scans on reddit so i'am at 185 but i need the rest🤣😄
May 15, 2020 8:56 PM

Nov 2018
KeitarohxDDD said:
footmaster said:

Yeah! This reference was great!!

I am enjoying the show and this match. It is not boring even if sometimes the rythm is a little slow... (what can i say.. i like slice of life)

Idk why Sora's mom didn't wait ONE minute until the end of the match... but it's okay.. (yeah, she said why... but come on.. to not know who won, she would need to leave the gym too quick..)

Next episode will be the last...

This reminds me I should finish watching Slam Dunk! I think I stopped at around 20 episodes... That and Ahiru no Sora will probably finally get me off my butt to go play basketball again. 🙃
May 15, 2020 8:58 PM

Nov 2018
Yukimera said:
Afarran said:
I am at chap 120 now
Brooo i was shocked😭

I'd be excited if Ahiru no Sora can make me cry... It must be really good if it can do that! 😂
May 15, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2020
Interesting internal fight of then 

It's cool to see even the second squad teams dreams and seeks.

Nice Slam Dunk reference

Pedro_ZMay 15, 2020 9:58 PM
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
May 16, 2020 12:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid episode!

Condolences to Sora-kun, falling just short 3 minutes to the conclusion of the game. It's tough to be a short player in the Basketball world but Mokichi-kun sharing a new insight was very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what this'll bring forth in him.

Kite and Chiaki-kun returning back might just happen to be the ideal solution to this ensuing climax, in my opinion. I don't mean to belittle Sora's efforts thus far but with the points nearly stacked up as it is now, defense has got to be rock solid.

Nabe-san and Saki-san along with the club advisor cheer-leading in the hype of the moment was a very nice sight too.

Damn, some of the soundtrack usage in these past couple of episode have been simply fantastic! Like that scene of Kite scoring the three-pointer to interrupt Chiaki-kun's monologue for instance, great stuff!

On the other hand, some more light into Sora's mother. Good job Madoka-sempai! It's a wonderful dream if you ask me but it's going to require some fighting, that's for sure. Can't wait to see this prevail and I bloody hope it will in the first place.

With under 20 episodes, I wonder what's next in store for us. Pacing has been an issue thus far so here's to hoping the next episode will seal the deal for this match-up for starters.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 20, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2018
I thought I'd never see the day that a basketball anime actually included a Slam Dunk manga reference. Very nice.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 24, 2020 9:30 AM

Nov 2016
Slam Dunk fans = men of culture

Remember visiting the "basketball club" as well when Kuroko still aired xD

It would be nice if Sora's mom could live a bit longer, but I guess her dream was seeing Sora on the court:(

And what do people even mean with slow paced? Sure, the match is covering a couple of episodes, but there is so much exciting stuff going on that I'm just buffled about the mindset of some people.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2020 2:58 PM
Apr 2020
FMmatron said:
Slam Dunk fans = men of culture
And what do people even mean with slow paced? Sure, the match is covering a couple of episodes, but there is so much exciting stuff going on that I'm just buffled about the mindset of some people.

I am sure that 99% of people stating that were convinced that it would be a classical anime torunament and so were convinced that Shinjo Towa would be the classical sarificial goat of the 1st game mandatory win rule of sports tournament series.

On my side, I have always been convinced that if one day they kind of "re-binge" the series, they will see that there was no such pacing issues.
Feb 16, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
Damn nice slam dunk reference at 4:28

I really like the idea Madoka brought up about Sora's mom becoming a coach when she recovers and teach the teams.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.