Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2010
A big deal of why Tsuki ga kirei is an 8 to me and not higher being one of the best romances out there is precisely how terrible the CG animation is. And unnecessarily so because it is mostly used to animate background characters that move like fucking limbless zombies. It's super off-putting and distracting and it bothers me because the artwork is actually pretty.

So yeah, it will depend on the series, but like any lackluster element in certain circumstances it can bother me a lot and hurt my overall immersion.
May 5, 2020 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
RazorWireSodomy said:
Yeah, i feel like Arifureta got ruined by it, lot of potential wasted, i didn't disliked the anime at all but could've been a lot better.

Oh man, there were a lot of things that ruined that anime. From budgeting, butchered story, etc the CGI is the least of my worries ngl.

May 5, 2020 2:58 AM

May 2019
GalacticMagna said:
RazorWireSodomy said:
Yeah, i feel like Arifureta got ruined by it, lot of potential wasted, i didn't disliked the anime at all but could've been a lot better.

Oh man, there were a lot of things that ruined that anime. From budgeting, butchered story, etc the CGI is the least of my worries ngl.

Yeah but man those were like youtube parody animations, other one with a bad CGI was Overlord III, despite it being one of my favorite animes so far and the story being great in that season i don't think Madhouse works well with CGI.

May 5, 2020 3:21 AM

Nov 2016
Maybe if the whole anime was in really badly done CGI, but so far that hasn't happened yet, even Berserk 2016 was still watchable for the plot. I would be lying if I claimed that I loved it for the visuals, tho xD

But on the other hand, imagine dropping Golden Kamuy because of the CGI bear.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2020 12:37 AM

May 2020
We can see CGI and weird outlines in animes but which anime used them too bad that it made you stop watching it?
May 18, 2020 2:51 AM
May 18, 2020 3:00 AM

Apr 2018
I only have one, it's Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun. The reason isn't just the art alone, but also the first episode didn't make me interested in the show at all.

As for other shows, if the art is really horrible or I don't like it at all, I wouldn't watch them from the beginning.
γ€€
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
γ€€
May 18, 2020 3:29 AM

Jan 2010
A ton.

Ajin, Houseki no Kuni, Beastars, Sidonia no Kishi, etc.
May 18, 2020 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
I managed to finish malice@doll. No CGI can stop me now.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 18, 2020 7:18 AM

Jun 2017
Ehh, Ultraman maybe. Netflix "original" shows are kinda the same to me
May 18, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2016
Berserk 2016, Citrus or any one of those nothing seasonal shows that start off with big CGI crowd shots in the first episode.
May 18, 2020 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
I usually just cringe at bad CGI (looking at you, Arifureta), never dropped a show because of that

On the other hand I'm pretty sure I'll watch Kingdom S1 and Berserk 2016 just because of the hilariously bad CGI
May 18, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2019
Berserk 2016 version, i insta dropped it after 10 minutes, i dropped Beastars as well but mainly cause it was boring but the CGI was one of the reasons as well.
                                                         πŸ–€   

May 18, 2020 1:35 PM

Feb 2016
BBK/BRNK (BUBUKI/BURANKI)

Had to dig that one up because I couldn't remember the title for the life of me. Pretty sure I dropped it after a few episodes because the cgi was just so jarring.

On the flip side, Kengan Ashura did it right.
May 18, 2020 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Hinamatsuri and Angels of Death. I just couldn't.
May 31, 2020 10:35 AM

Jan 2017
The thread Which anime made you stop watching it because of CGI or animation? has been merged with this one because both share the same topic.
May 31, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
Arifureta's CG was AMAZINGLY bad. I still can't believe that was just something they looked at and said "Yep, we'll broadcast the anime looking like this!" xD

...but I heard they ran out of time...maybe? Had to redo it at the last minute or something.

Handshakers is bad too and Berserk's looks terrible....

@HeruruMeruru

Really? What about them didn't you like? AoD was a bit understaffed (but not terrible) but I thought Hinamatsuri looked fine?
ChiibiMay 31, 2020 10:49 AM

May 31, 2020 10:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes because but it depends if the story is good or not, but most of the anime with a bad CG have also a bad story
May 31, 2020 10:47 AM
Dec 2015
I remember the old times when cgi was a no no πŸ˜ͺ and used just as much as needed, but I think this was due the time that a studio had to create an anime which decreased with time
May 31, 2020 10:49 AM
Jan 2018
i don't remember any CG in Kill la kill
May 31, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
there were some good full cg anime like revisions and houseki no kuni, and then, there's berserk and sac 2045 which destroyed my eyes

not the best quality images but still it looks fine
May 31, 2020 8:25 PM

Apr 2019
I just want to thank the anime gods for the existence of cheap CG, because without that cost saving option many niche and artistic anime could never have been made. A prominent example is Korean independent film maker Sang-ho Yeon and his two master-pieces Dwaeji-ui Wang and Saibi. Two of the strongest (yet most depressing) stories in anime, using most basic 3DCG.

A similar argument holds for Berserk (2016). I strongly prefer the master class story to exist as anime in lower quality over not being able to see it at all. And no, I won't read manga.

I prefer both examples over high gloss expensive trash like Your Lie in April or Fate/Zero any time. In a perfect world good stories would get good animation, but we are not living in one. Because bad stories get high cost CG and people actually are impressed by it.

May 31, 2020 8:54 PM

May 2016
As a 90s kid, I grew up experiencing some of the absolute worst CG. We're talking Monkey Magic levels of bad and worse. That makes it a little easier for me to swallow much of the poor animation quality we're subjected to these days. It may be bad, but I've seen a whole lot worse (Scorpion King in Mummy 2 *shudders*)

That said, poor animation does detract from my enjoyment of any given anime. Kingdom, for example. I started watching it recently and, as interesting as it is, the crappy CG is very off-putting to say the least. As such, bad CG and/or animation will always affect the final score I give shows.
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 minutes ago

0 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
2 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

54 by _lordcanti »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

15 by MechKingKillbot »»
8 minutes ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.