Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2020 1:15 PM

Jun 2016
weird how our mc is crying like a baby now.
Apr 27, 2020 9:02 AM
Apr 2020
Compared to the first episode it was very good one. Thankfully i didnt drop it after the first episode and the second episode kinda makes me a little excited to continue it. I do hope it gets a little better. Because as for now it still below average anime, which seems that didnt have enough budget as well.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 7, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2010
The story so far is kind of fine. I can buy that zombie elf magician wants a pupil that he can passed of his knowledge. The problem is, this episode didn't setup anything in term of MC character development.

I mean, MC is kind of crybaby (not fitting 25 yo?) and that's it. It as generic as shota steoreotype. And then comes the timeskip. Which means he's going to be spineless generic Japanese MC.

Also, I'm worried about future episode. It's established that MC will not inherit the family, so what's the story going to be? I'm annoyed if they went to adventuring and OP MC kill everything without his harems.
May 7, 2020 6:38 PM

Mar 2014
Dammit, why do I always get attached to the gorgeous teacher figures that die after 1-2 episodes...

Interesting detail that he died right around the time Well was born
May 21, 2020 1:23 PM
Feb 2018
This reminds me of ascendance of a bookworm
Jun 19, 2020 9:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The kid learn much. But i just can't feel anything over that flash lesson. Great! And suddenly the teacher just disappeared like that? Such an anticlimactic way to end the episode. Its too fast, i dont even understand why i watch this in my real intentions. Still, the laugh of the poor noble really relatable for this episode. The laughable material to the 'wtf moment'. And after that, a timeskip? Uh, wtf? So another laughable moment i mentioned before, eh? Great. So, thats it.
badabassJun 19, 2020 9:04 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2020 12:49 AM

Jan 2015
Rewatched it ...
The initial episode that hooked me into reading novel. It was a very goood episode, i'm still holding the same opinion, but now i realize that it's fully anime original. All of it. He already learned the basics before meeting his master, without him he just wouldnt be a great magician as he let him bask in his experience, then he spent like 2 chapters with him compared to one whole episode (that's pretty insane considering that 25 chapters are the first 2 episodes), additionally his master revealed that he is dead right away, so the drama of him discovering it was anime-only. Aaaaand... let's just say that master was a much bigger influence in the anime and... honestly, i like it, that's my favorite episode and novel didn't give his master too much justice.

Don't think I remember brother smirking on the news of him leaving to become adventurer, subtly revealing that he knows Wend has magic, wasabi too, don't think Wend ever let him taste wasabi. Btw considering how much time we spent on his master, it's weird to not show him give his magic bag to Wend, seeing how it will be constantly used in later episodes...
Great episodes regardless...
HirugikuJun 20, 2020 12:52 AM
Jul 24, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Well, getting treated better by the undead guy who he has only known for two weeks than his own damn family...
Still find it pretty weird how Well reacts to things, doesn't make me think that he was originally a 25-year old outside his fast learning capabilities and the fact that he can read/write

Jul 29, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
They should've just wrote this as "fantasy" instead of isekai. His 25 year old salaryman experience should have made him at least more mature to deal with some obvious situations a child couldn't handle. If he was just an ordinary kid without the adult backstory then all of those reactions and emotions would've made more sense. This series better explain the need for him to be isekaid.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 1, 2020 9:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THAT WAS SADDDDD, I CRIED @_@@ in 2 short episodes i felt the bond that was built and the master's gone already
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 11, 2020 2:24 PM
Nov 2018
No way this is an adult in a kids body, or the this dude have a mentality of a 5 years old. Seeing him cry like a little baby made me cringe.
Djay86Aug 11, 2020 2:32 PM
Aug 19, 2020 9:05 AM

Dec 2008
I know I said this in the ep 1 discussion...but thank GOODNESS the family members were all fairly forgettable. Maybe they will appear again late on, but screw em.
What a nice little estate they lived on. I hope the boy helped build it up. He could certainly read, and I feel we missed out on some nice montage material while he got older.
But the feels from his master passing... THE FEELZ!!! T>T
This is getting GUD!
Apr 18, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
Janethan23 said:
They should've just wrote this as "fantasy" instead of isekai. His 25 year old salaryman experience should have made him at least more mature to deal with some obvious situations a child couldn't handle. If he was just an ordinary kid without the adult backstory then all of those reactions and emotions would've made more sense. This series better explain the need for him to be isekaid.

what i said to another person on last discussion EP

i say memories of previous life doesn't necessarily mean hes mentally same age as he was in hes previous life, unless author planned it that way, if he hasn't clarified it then its up to us to decide i guess

i know few other animes that were like that and MC was interested in girl so it became a issue, but it became issue cause ppl lack of understanding and the fact is we can't be 100% sure where he is mentally (if we don't count biology body and brains DEV when person grows, that they dev and are limited in younger age) if hes reincarnated with hes memory intact but i am sure biology puts some limits in place so kid could never be 100% adult even if he remembers past life

some ppl have more dev brains for their age so they can be bit more mature but never full adult

kid in adult body is possible but reverse is not, not a doctor but its paste on what i remember from my biology class

that knowledge from previous life will be good help for him and that world, he could even revolutionize farming help their farming evolve to hade of their time and or other stuff that's why it would be less interesting if it were just fantasy, problem is person remembering hes past life and he is mentally kid doesn't fit in ur world view, well that's how it seems

also in this EP i so a kid clearly not adult

Re-Watching
Djay86 said:
No way this is an adult in a kids body, or the this dude have a mentality of a 5 years old.

facts
Shiniela said:
Honestly feel like the producers didn't know what to do with his personality.
"He's in a kid's body so let him act like a kid but he was also a 25year old salaryman so he can read, but because he's a kid he should act like one"

*dramatic inhalation* "M-monsters?"

And wait, what? There was a scene where they flew and then a few minutes later he gets spooked and screams because the guy shows him flying again? what?

what a shitshow.... one more episode to go so i can decide if i should drop it.

zumbidaneve said:
he was an adult and was reincarnated as a child, but he acts like a child all the time I can't understand it.

NirvashX1 said:
yeah this is stupid af !!!
how the fuck he acts like a child too

WaHwA said:
The story so far is kind of fine. I can buy that zombie elf magician wants a pupil that he can passed of his knowledge. The problem is, this episode didn't setup anything in term of MC character development.

I mean, MC is kind of crybaby (not fitting 25 yo?) and that's it. It as generic as shota steoreotype. And then comes the timeskip. Which means he's going to be spineless generic Japanese MC.

Also, I'm worried about future episode. It's established that MC will not inherit the family, so what's the story going to be? I'm annoyed if they went to adventuring and OP MC kill everything without his harems.

Reapermask said:
Poor Well, getting treated better by the undead guy who he has only known for two weeks than his own damn family...
Still find it pretty weird how Well reacts to things, doesn't make me think that he was originally a 25-year old outside his fast learning capabilities and the fact that he can read/write

like i always say: memories of previous life doesn't necessarily mean hes mentally same age as he was in hes previous life, but for some its concept that is hard to understand

@WaHwA:
but it din't go the way u feared :)

DiangeloKun18 said:
weird how our mc is crying like a baby now.

well hes a kids still at this point

Cassindra said:
I gave up after episode 2... which I also skipped a few parts of. I thought he was supposed to be a 25 year old from the modern world, yet he acts completely like a child. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the isekai thing.

no it doesn't defeat the whole purpose of the isekai unless u want to see an old man in kids body hooking up with girls hes psychical age

EfiChan said:
I must say, I didn't expect him to be completely gone by 2nd episode... and all that whispering dead stuff.

So... now I'm lost. At the beginning he was 15, then we realized he's from our world, then he transforms to the other world and becomes 5 years old and now he's... 12, I guess? What's the point of showing him at the age of 15 and of him being from another world, to begin with...? I don't' quite understand. Especially as he stopped acting like an adult all of a sudden... or is it just the influence of being so young (as their emotional system is different from an adult)?

Anyway... we'll see what's fure holds.

ferry first scene showed what hes like at the end of this season
Sugram22May 14, 2022 11:44 AM
May 6, 2023 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
I cried manly tears. Can't withstand kids crying and on top of that losing their only mentor. Lost my father at 4 and subsequently haven't had a good role model outside of professors, Jordan Peterson, people who did right in their life and had skills they wanted to pass on to me. Losing those people sometimes hurt me deeply because mentors are so hard to find. I don't have children yet but I can understand wanting to pass on your knowledge to someone who is wanting to expand upon it. For me, losing a master is always a sad thing.

I honestly could stop the show here and I'd be happy. Plus the OP theme is fire AF!

May 25, 2023 1:52 AM

Dec 2022
Tbh the magician's death wasn't really hitting me at all. I thought he was going to be important and we'll get more episodes with him but he only survives for two episodes...wth.
Jan 26, 2:54 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Wonderful episode. I wonder why this show has such low averate rating. It can't be all downhill from here on, can it?
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

99 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 27, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2020

45 by elkensteyin »»
Jan 12, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2020

71 by LadyLeeMing »»
Nov 30, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.