Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2020 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's been years but seeing Kingdom Season 3 coming back on TV is such a delight. We got back the main elements of the show and the world fiction setting.

There's tons of characters making their appearances and it's setting up for more of the season. I have to admit, watching this season feels like coming back from a long Summer break. The war spirit is high in the air though with armies marching and making their plans.
Apr 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
It was great to be back in this series, and reminded how epic the battle size in this series :D

...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Apr 5, 2020 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
How's the pacing.is it adapting manga well
Apr 5, 2020 9:26 AM
Dec 2017
They skipped the part where Shin had a brief encounter with Kouyoku in the border and skipped to Ribunkun vs Doukin And as expected censored the head smashing scene
Apr 5, 2020 9:30 AM
Aug 2019
unfortunatly they skipped some parts in the manga. this season is gonna be very fast paced i think.

4/5 episode
Apr 5, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
JDartrix said:
They skipped the part where Shin had a brief encounter with Kouyoku in the border and skipped to Ribunkun vs Doukin And as expected censored the head smashing scene
any possibility all those scences can be adapted into next episode and wait we are into war in just 1st episode
Apr 5, 2020 9:43 AM
Oct 2019
why the anime is not at face of the site?....i feel that they want no one watch it
Apr 5, 2020 9:45 AM
Dec 2017
Hydroalbidius said:
JDartrix said:
any possibility all those scences can be adapted into next episode and wait we are into war in just 1st episode

Nope. They went further into the invasion and next episode is most likely the generals gathering.
Apr 5, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
They skipped some scenes but this was a good episode, the production is actually good lol. This was surprising tbh, didn't think I'd actually like this adaptation. The op was okay and I disliked some of the voice acting but wow I didn't know Ka Ryo Ten was voiced by Rie damn. That was a pleasant surprise and I'm glad she's voicing Ten.

Well I havn't completed the previous kingdom anime adaptations yet, dropped season 1 after not liking it but I really wanted to see this arc in the anime and I hope they atleast keep up this quality in the whole season.
MegamiRemApr 12, 2020 11:16 PM
Apr 5, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
The Greatest Arc of all time finally in a anime 🔥
Apr 5, 2020 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Never watched an episode of Kingdom before, but I have to make an exception for this season since it will feature one of my favorite arcs and one of the top "battle shounen" arcs.

I just hope this adaptation will do it justice. Production is surprisingly nice, but doesn't mean much in a set up episode. Gotta see how this will fare once shit goes down.

Enjoyed the episode overall, yet I'm still torn between hype and sceptism ._.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
Wow a lot better then i expected, best 1st episode of the season for me so far.
Apr 5, 2020 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
Coalition Invasion Arc, yessss, I have been waiting for this! <3
Apr 5, 2020 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
I'm currently in the middle of reading this arc in the manga and I have to say, the pacing is too fast. But still, I'm hyped for this.

The ED song is so good.
LeoApr 5, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 5, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2015
The biggest complaint I heard from the first two seasons was the animation the graphic quality of the season. Well the animation is far superior to what it was during the first two seasons. The story itself was already awesome. To be honest they should just let the series run with this studio with the amount of content in the manga already I really don't want to wait 3 years for the next season. I read the manga every week love the story
Apr 5, 2020 12:58 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Idk why you guys complaining, shit got my dick hard. Such good visuals too.

ED is a banger.

6/5
cchiguApr 5, 2020 1:06 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
wow this is an amazing improvement since the last season. it’s probably impossible to cut out the CGI altogether when you have huge armies like this, but man this is awesome. it also looks like they’ll be showing more blood. can’t wait for next ep
Apr 5, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
This season is adapting the Coalition Invasion arc, one of my favorite arcs I've come across from anime/manga. The battles, the twists, the politics, everything shines so well here, so even with a mediocre adaptation, this would have been good for me.

But I'll be damned, whilst Studio Signpost's visuals did have minor issues with me (and a lack of blood overall like in previous seasons as well as some far shots looking a bit off with the CG), they did well for the most part and significantly improved on the first two seasons. And whilst I did say a lack of blood, there was still something atleast.

I'm hyped already for what's about to come soon, and whilst I don't expect it to be a masterpiece in anime form, it sure has the potential to be a great season nonetheless.

And for this episode, it sure was a simple yet great setup for what's to come. 8.5/10 premiere.
Apr 5, 2020 2:18 PM
Feb 2018
The pacing will definitely slow down once the war actually starts etc.
I'm just happy that we have a kingdom anime again..
Still waiting for the english release of the manga, hope this finally gets that process rolling🙏
Apr 5, 2020 3:12 PM
May 2015
Fantastic episode.
Apr 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2020
The most spectacular saga of the series begins. But it starts badly, why spoil the start of the war, such a meaningful scene?
Apr 5, 2020 4:13 PM

Sep 2010
The first episode was actually not bad. (and this is something I never said about Kingdom anime).

Still, I feel like this will be one of the cases where even if anime is decent, because the source material is simply too godly, I can't help but see all the faults and low quality compared to the manga.

The fact that I reread Coalition arc so many times doesn't help in this aspect either.

I should be able to enjoy it at least, although since this was my first time watching Kingdom anime in a long time (other than tries and failures in previous seasons) I'm not used to colours, voice acting or anything for that matter... chinese names subtitles don't help either.

But yea, hurray for Coalition arc getting anime.
Apr 5, 2020 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Good first episode. Can't wait for this arc and the action. Hopefully the CGI is very minimal and doesn't ruin it.
Apr 5, 2020 4:25 PM
Mar 2015
The sky is falling The sky is falling
Apr 5, 2020 4:28 PM

Nov 2018
But whats this, no painfull 3d? to early to tell, but this might be good peoples!
Apr 5, 2020 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
animejas said:
This season is adapting the Coalition Invasion arc, one of my favorite arcs I've come across from anime/manga. The battles, the twists, the politics, everything shines so well here, so even with a mediocre adaptation, this would have been good for me.

But I'll be damned, whilst Studio Signpost's visuals did have minor issues with me (and a lack of blood overall like in previous seasons as well as some far shots looking a bit off with the CG), they did well for the most part and significantly improved on the first two seasons. And whilst I did say a lack of blood, there was still something atleast.

I'm hyped already for what's about to come soon, and whilst I don't expect it to be a masterpiece in anime form, it sure has the potential to be a great season nonetheless.

And for this episode, it sure was a simple yet great setup for what's to come. 8.5/10 premiere.

Hey, you sound like you know your kingdom stuff. I have a question I stop reading the manga at chapter 285, what chapter is season 3 at? If it is close to where I am at I may just watch season 3 then.
Apr 5, 2020 6:20 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
keragamming said:
animejas said:

Hey, you sound like you know your kingdom stuff. I have a question I stop reading the manga at chapter 285, what chapter is season 3 at? If it is close to where I am at I may just watch season 3 then.
S3 starts at ~ ch260.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2017
keragamming said:

I'd recommend to start it from 257, since that's where the Coalition Invasion arc starts (and that's basically season 3). Anime adaptation starts a few chapters later so approx 260 area.
Apr 5, 2020 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
@cchigu
@animejas

Thanks you guys, so based off these comments. re read chapter 257-259 and then start season 3 which will be the start of chapter 260?
Apr 5, 2020 6:40 PM

Jul 2017
keragamming said:
@cchigu
@animejas

Thanks you guys, so based off these comments. re read chapter 257-259 and then start season 3 which will be the start of chapter 260?

Yeah, that would work in my opinion.
Apr 5, 2020 7:57 PM
Jun 2019
I have yet to watch it as I need to read volume 24 before I do. What chapters did this episode adapt??
Apr 5, 2020 8:04 PM

Dec 2013
What an explosive beginning to the new season! RIP Qin!
Apr 5, 2020 9:37 PM

Mar 2017
One word to describe what this season is gonna be: EPIC!!!!!!!
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Apr 5, 2020 9:50 PM

Dec 2016
Looks better then expected but Im so used to their other names in the manga that it physically hurts to watch this adaptation, but if it ends up actually adapting the arc really well I'll probably come back and watch it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 5, 2020 9:54 PM
Sep 2019
Where are you guys watching it at? And is it with English subtitles?
Apr 5, 2020 11:15 PM
Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
Never watched an episode of Kingdom before, but I have to make an exception for this season since it will feature one of my favorite arcs and one of the top "battle shounen" arcs.

Me too! I'm also here for the same reason.

And I want to witness Coalition Arc with Sawano Hiroyuki's musical composition.
Apr 5, 2020 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
Omg, they are in big trouble!
Apr 5, 2020 11:37 PM

Feb 2012
Overall it was pretty good for the beginning, but a little fast I agree.

Looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2020 12:45 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my f****** god. That was beyond awesome!
This is already waaaaay better than s1&s2.
The art, the chara design, the soundtrack, the OP/ED, very few CGI which is also well implemented, ACTUAL BLOOD ?!?!?

This is the first ep but i can easily tell:
Best anime of the season by far.

Most deserved 5/5 I ever gave.
Apr 6, 2020 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
Good first episode, albeit pacing could be a bit slower.
PS: if you can't stand Chinese names (like me), just watch Erai-raws.
Apr 6, 2020 2:30 AM

Jul 2017
Rewatched the episode with the Erai-raw subs, which basically used the names featured in the manga. Whilst I knew enough to know who is who when it came to the big characters and the names in both translations, I just feel much more comfortable with seeing it with the Japanese names (like Ei Sei instead of Zheng Ying).

And yeah, episode still is awesome, and felt more comfortable for me too to see. 9 after the rewatch for the premiere.
animejasApr 7, 2020 4:58 PM
Apr 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Jan 2016
FMmatron said:

I just hope this adaptation will do it justice. Production is surprisingly nice, but doesn't mean much in a set up episode. Gotta see how this will fare once shit goes down.

Enjoyed the episode overall, yet I'm still torn between hype and sceptism ._.

Same, I couldn't watch the the other seasons because it just looked awful and Kingdom is one of my favorite manga of all time

But this arc, I'll have to make an exception! Best war arc along with Marineford bar none!
Apr 6, 2020 4:12 AM

May 2007
JDartrix said:
Hydroalbidius said:

Nope. They went further into the invasion and next episode is most likely the generals gathering.

They can adapted them as flashbacks from a POV of Shin.

Apr 6, 2020 4:14 AM
Sep 2014
Kingdooooooooooommmmmmm
Apr 6, 2020 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
I was really surprised by the animation and by the clever use of cgi, and since I liked bleach a lot, morita plays a big role in my enjoyment of the series.
If only they didn't translate the names, they are already confusing enough, but when they say a name and the translation shows something else, my head gets bugged lol.
Apr 6, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2014
Well would've been great if the animation was this good from s1, but this seems like it has potential. But dude, these names are really bamboozling me lmao.
Apr 6, 2020 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
I am happy that it's so much animated better this time around. Episode 1 is a blast. Can't wait for the next! So far so good!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 2020 8:04 AM
Sep 2018
Good start. But lack of visibility of violence. Seems like the show is made for 13-16 years peoples.

10/10... Because of a fan of manga and hope for seinen feeling
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Apr 6, 2020 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
Nothing complements more the release of Bannerlord than a new Kingdom series!
Apr 6, 2020 9:47 AM

May 2010
man coalition arc was crazy in the manga! i look forward to seeing it animated
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A question? (Contains Spoilers)

MrPerfectGamer - Sep 13, 2021

14 by MrPerfectGamer »»
Apr 11, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2020

50 by Blizzard510992 »»
Apr 6, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

47 by nejianimes »»
Mar 30, 5:25 AM

» Will we see Lei Quiang any this season?

Killuan - Apr 25, 2020

12 by Nehzuko »»
Feb 23, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

48 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 6, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.