Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 18, 2020 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
That was painful.

Mar 18, 2020 9:13 PM
Mar 2012
Jiraiyasenseii said:
MetaKite said:
I have so MUCH to unpack with this episode. Taichi you damn BAKA!!!! But on the other hand, finally taking responsibility, telling the truth after all those years and doing something for yourself for once. But geez......

DO NOT EVER CONFESS LOVE TO SOMEONE AND THEN MENTION THE OTHER PERSON!! You don't mention a 3rd person unless you want a threesome. And the way Arata was brought into it... OF COURSE CHIHAYA IS GONNA FEEL LIKE SHIT AND NOT RESPOND POSITIVELY EVEN IF HER FEELINGS COULD BE MUTUAL. Like how dare she have feelings and potential love for another person not you and you basically shame her for it? BAKA TAICHI!!!!

You put pressure on her in an unfair way but good for you quitting the club to figure yourself out but WTF was with that timing? Why not the day before the club demos? Ugh! I don't even want to get into the nonconsensual kiss. That was totally selfish of Taichi. Like is he trying to hurt her because she hurt his feelings? WTF???

Anyways, it is good he's stepping away from the club to focus on himself. He only joined for her to notice him and didn't seem to actually enjoy competitive karuta. She was always going to reject him because romance is just not something in Chihaya's sphere right now and how he told her not liking the Chihaya that likes Arata was awful. At least she gave him an answer so he can stop pining now and move on.

Damn those shirts were ugly and best reaction today was Harada Sensei upon hearing the Taichi Cup prize. LOL He don't care to kiss him as long as he wins!
He didn't kiss her actually

I've only watched it once but that's what I saw too - he ALMOST kissed her, it was very close, maybe their lips touched slightly, but he seemed to hold himself back from a full-on kiss. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Mar 18, 2020 9:36 PM
Jul 2019
chiaoroscuro said:
Jiraiyasenseii said:

I've only watched it once but that's what I saw too - he ALMOST kissed her, it was very close, maybe their lips touched slightly, but he seemed to hold himself back from a full-on kiss. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Exactly! I had to watch it twice!! That's why I'm saying he didn't kiss her.
Mar 18, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2012
OuterSpaceChess said:
Taichi you raggedy bitch.
I know Chihaya's affections isn't a game but someone sure as hell isn't winning with this attitude. And then to turn around and take it out on the game and the club? I knew he was gonna be a disrespectful coward from the beginning but Damn.

Wonderful episode. Amazing show. 10/10
Yoo. This is like you getting rejected by someone you like, rejected from your dream school, got in a fight with a family member -- or for whatever reason -- and then your friend asks you to hang out at a party, and you tell him you don't feel like it because the day isn't going right for you...

And the fucking narrator kicks in and says, "You sure as hell aren't winning with this attitude. Getting in a fight with your mom and then taking it out on the party and your friend? You disrespectful coward!"

I mean like, what? I don't want to argue, but your post just blew my mind. :/

chiaoroscuro said:
That's what I saw too. He leaned in and stopped himself.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 18, 2020 10:01 PM
Feb 2019
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
This episode was hectic! Definitely the best episode of the entire season.Although I'm a Chihaya×Arata shipper I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
Btw anyone who's read the manga could you please tell who Chihaya ends up with?

Could go either way but will make more sense if she ends up with Arata from narrative standpoint.

cchigu said:
I don't hate Taichi but I get where you are coming from. I really hate the author for using Taichi to get sympathy points from the audience every time. It becomes so fucking annoying.

But it follows naturally and doesn't seem forced. Everything that happens with him have had some build up to it. Thats his story, he is not the same as chihaya and arata and thats been made clear from the start. He quit karuta once before because he KNEW it was going to be painful but is back because he himself says that he doesnt wanna run away, he isnt oblivious to what lies ahead. We all knew he was gonna get rejected, he himself knew that but he had to go through with that. Have patience, he does have major developments ahead, he isnt going to be on the receiving end forever.
Mar 18, 2020 10:16 PM

Nov 2013

omg.. we have get this incredibly detailed confession sad scene. many of the complex feelings I have now and my own heart breaks watching the two of them as their hearts break... for me i hope Chihaya will end up with no one..
Mar 18, 2020 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
At the very beginning of the series, I remember I was strictly an Arata x Chihaya shipper. You couldn't budge me, it was the ship I fought for and thought I would never change. But as the story went on, I really began to like Taichi more as a character and I ended up fully backing him and wanting him to date Chihaya and realize his dream as master.

But now, I'm glad Taichi confessed and took that cowardice and faced it head on. I'm beyond heartbroken that he got rejected but I expected it, and now I want nothing more for him but to move on. Honestly, Chihaya does not deserve him and Taichi needs to find someone better. I just want him to be happy at this point and still become a master when he returns to karuta, because he will return, I'm certain of it. (haven't read the manga, so it's speculation)

To all of those thinking he solely likes karuta simply because of Chihaya, that's not the case anymore. It may have started that way, but over time, he began to enjoy the game and wanted to achieve much more. Now, he has his own goals and aspirations, it's not merely for love anymore, and hasn't been for a very considerable amount of time.

Mar 19, 2020 12:30 AM
Mar 2020
I'm new to this series and have read past this point on the manga, here are my thoughts on the romance aspect regarding each main protagonist:

Chihaya - the way she regards Arata is similar to a fangirl towards her unreachable idol or that of a worshipper adoring a god of karuta. Since she is immature in the field of romance, we cannot truly ascertain that her feelings for Arata is true love or simply just a crush. In chapter 173 of the manga:

Arata - his feelings for Chihaya is much defined than the latter but his resolve is much weaker than Taichi, since it appears alright for him even if the two are an official couple hence he does not show any jealousy. Moreover, his love for Chihaya is that of her idealized persona since he is not fully aware of her faults and eccentricities.

Taichi - among the three, Taichi's feelings for Chihaya is definitely the strongest and dare I say is true, pure love. He's been with her the longest, alongside her ups and downs and he accepts every facet of her being including her bad traits. His love is unwavering despite Chihaya's obliviousness and inclination towards Arata.

If there would be an end-pairing, I'd like to see Chihaya end up with Taichi and I'll sum it up with one sentence: Chihaya wants Arata, but she needs Taichi.
FallinDevastMar 19, 2020 3:10 AM
Mar 19, 2020 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
_Ridley_ said:
This episode hurt me. Taichi makes me want to slap the shit out of him and give him a hug at the same time.

I share the same sentiments.
Mar 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
This episode is built with all sorts of emotions in one episode alone: both happy and sad.
First off about Arata I’m happy to hear he’s finally can start recruiting his team at last ( having two members is a great start): GO FOR IT ARATA!!!!

I noticed Arata did foresaw what’s in Taichi heart through his karuta that’s been troubling him ( he reflected his inner thought through the game), seeing a virtual of Taichi diving deeper under reaching out the “chiha” card as his main target: seeing reaching out of something that’s out of his reach: Arata was worried about his friend (thought about if the “chiha” was read how he would of reacted it: defend it and let him have it by coming to its flow), I wonder how their match would of turn out: I guess time will tell.
Well, here we have it, Taichi confession already has taken action, I feel sorry for Chihaya for feeling guilty for Taichi’s suffering, knowing that all this time she was the one who made Taichi unhappy the most without her realizing it: it’s never her fault, all she can do is being honest with her feelings, it can’t be helped ( the truth hurts) it hurts me seeing Chihaya sad. When Taichi said he liked her ever since they were kids she thought about Arata’s love confession (she's been looking Arata ever since they were kids):

now she finally understood the meaning behind his words when he said” let’s pay karuta together then”he interpreted as a marriage proposal “let’s live our lives together” so touching:

Right now Taichi’s love confession took a huge tune overall: Taichi felt he need to confess his feeling so he can move on even though he's aware how it's going to turn out by him voicing his mind the part he doesn't like from Chihaya is the part in how she thinks about Arata: she rejected him by her saying "sorry" ( in her lower voice) and then after she felt guilty for hurting him while he leaves the club room: blaming herself that she’s the main reason Taichi decided to resign the club ( that’s why she ran after him and begging him not to leave, he pull her close force a kiss in her upper lip and voiced to her what he was feeling “ did you think I was made in stone” now he saw the cards in pinch-black, not only that all the memories they build together have turned into a painful memory for him; transmitted his pain to her, now Chihaya thinks everything that happened was all her fault: poor Chihaya she doesn’t deserve this, what a painful way of ending the episode. What a cliffhanger episode before the last episode, SERIOUSLY WE REALLY NEED A FOURTH SEASON AFTER THIS AND PRONTO!!!!

@FallinDevast about ch 173 of the manga make sure you add the spoiler tag since ch 173 doesn't take place of this episode: what really happened is

* Minna stay safe from the coronavirus that been spreading in worldwide, we can overcome this, STAY STRONG!!!*
sweetangieMar 19, 2020 2:28 AM
Mar 19, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
chiaoroscuro said:
Jiraiyasenseii said:

Thanks, you two. That makes me feel a lot better.

@FallinDevast, why would you post a spoiler?????? Spoilertag that!

OuterSpaceChess said:
Taichi you raggedy bitch.
I know Chihaya's affections isn't a game but someone sure as hell isn't winning with this attitude. And then to turn around and take it out on the game and the club? I knew he was gonna be a disrespectful coward from the beginning but Damn.

Wonderful episode. Amazing show. 10/10
He didn't actually tell her that. It was his internal monologue. I thought the same and freaked out but turns out Taichi didn't screw up as much as I thought he did.
MetaKiteMar 19, 2020 2:36 AM
Mar 19, 2020 3:27 AM
Mar 2020
Oops sorry about the spoiler tag, I'm new to this board. My reply to Sweetangie is:

Mar 19, 2020 3:37 AM
Dec 2018
Meriu said:
Please end Taichi's suffering... it's unbearable ugh

However this finally might be the end of it.. he needs to get over Chihaya and go for Sumire instead 👌
I also hope he will get back into karuta quickly, I enjoyed his type of Karuta the most.

Agreed Sumire is a better girl anyway and more thoughtful person.

Problem with karuta is that it will keep him around those 2. A long time out is needed I think.
Mar 19, 2020 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:
I have so MUCH to unpack with this episode. Taichi you damn BAKA!!!! But on the other hand, finally taking responsibility, telling the truth after all those years and doing something for yourself for once. But geez......

DO NOT EVER CONFESS LOVE TO SOMEONE AND THEN MENTION THE OTHER PERSON!! You don't mention a 3rd person unless you want a threesome. And the way Arata was brought into it... OF COURSE CHIHAYA IS GONNA FEEL LIKE SHIT AND NOT RESPOND POSITIVELY EVEN IF HER FEELINGS COULD BE MUTUAL. Like how dare she have feelings and potential love for another person not you and you basically shame her for it? BAKA TAICHI!!!!

You put pressure on her in an unfair way but good for you quitting the club to figure yourself out but WTF was with that timing? Why not the day before the club demos? Ugh! I don't even want to get into the nonconsensual kiss. That was totally selfish of Taichi. Like is he trying to hurt her because she hurt his feelings? WTF???

Anyways, it is good he's stepping away from the club to focus on himself. He only joined for her to notice him and didn't seem to actually enjoy competitive karuta. She was always going to reject him because romance is just not something in Chihaya's sphere right now and how he told her not liking the Chihaya that likes Arata was awful. At least she gave him an answer so he can stop pining now and move on.

Damn those shirts were ugly and best reaction today was Harada Sensei upon hearing the Taichi Cup prize. LOL He don't care to kiss him as long as he wins!

When Taichi confessed, he actually didn't said about Arata part to Chihaya out loud. It was in his own thought, and he didn't tell to Chihaya, so Chihaya didn't know.
Mar 19, 2020 4:05 AM
Aug 2012
Jiraiyasenseii said:
chiaoroscuro said:

Exactly! I had to watch it twice!! That's why I'm saying he didn't kiss her.

The fact that Taichi held himself back was amazing. Like he knew what to do, and what he couldn't do...yet.
At first, I thought that it'd be better if Chihaya would end with Arata, but this episode just showed me that Taichi's love for Chihaya is much, much deeper and I would just pick him if I were Chihaya! Lol
Mar 19, 2020 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
alibel19 said:

When Taichi confessed, he actually didn't said about Arata part to Chihaya out loud. It was in his own thought, and he didn't tell to Chihaya, so Chihaya didn't know.
Thanks. I have since been corrected multiple times and I'm relieved to know he didn't say that out loud to her and he actually didn't kiss her.
Mar 19, 2020 6:35 AM
Aug 2017
landofthekwt said:
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
This episode was hectic! Definitely the best episode of the entire season.Although I'm a Chihaya×Arata shipper I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
Btw anyone who's read the manga could you please tell who Chihaya ends up with?

Suetsugu recently said that the manga will run for 20 Chapters over the next 2 years

So Chihaya isn't yet going out with anyone in the manga?
Mar 19, 2020 8:07 AM
Dec 2014
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
landofthekwt said:

Suetsugu recently said that the manga will run for 20 Chapters over the next 2 years

So Chihaya isn't yet going out with anyone in the manga?

No, she isn’t. lol in the live action movies she friend zoned everyone !! like what the hell is wrong with this girl !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, this episode was both wholesome and downright saddening at the same time. Taichi towards the end, I felt so sad for him. :(
Mar 19, 2020 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah it's sad but the best thing for him to do!!! Chihaya will need to think about her relationships with the 2 boys, from a distance.....and she'll probably start unconsciously comparing what they both mean to her.....and which one she longs for most in the end.....so Taichi definitely did the right thing here: let her know that she is his all and more but he needs to breathe!!!
Mar 19, 2020 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
Gab5 said:
Can't blame her for how she feels at all. But she is still incredibly selfish to chase him down the street like that. She just needs to grow up. Most of us have been in both of their positions and the one thing you don't do to someone you reject is make a selfish plea like that.

You are blaming Chihaya too much for who she has been when she didn't understand why her turning him down would make him come to hate karuta. She didn't realize he was never in love with karuta. His point of adoration was Chihaya and it was something she didn't understand.

It's the same realization of how Arata's "playing karuta together" became "living our lives together" something Kana-chan immediately realized when Arata confessed.

Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
Although I'm a Chihaya×Arata shipper I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Btw anyone who's read the manga could you please tell who Chihaya ends up with?

cchigu said:
straggy said:
It's amazing how every scene starring Taichi manages to make me hate him more. How does anyone stand this annoying lump? I'm glad he's out of the club - hopefully he's out of the show full stop.
I don't hate Taichi but I get where you are coming from. I really hate the author for using Taichi to get sympathy points from the audience every time. It becomes so fucking annoying.

I am actually okay with Taichi being the sandbag. It wouldn't work on Arata. He doesn't have the aura like Taichi who is presented as good-looking and rich. If this was intended for shoujo demographics, he would have been the true protagonist of the story. Unfortunately for Taichi fans, it isn't. The author, however, admitted that Taichi's character outgrew his role over the course of the story. So, there is hope for Taichi fans - even if it's very small.

Meriu said:

However this finally might be the end of it.. he needs to get over Chihaya and go for Sumire instead 👌

Yeah. I think Taichi is better of with Hanano-chan. She is extremely lovable and have had an amazing growth and it continues later on. Don't think her pushing Taichi to confess to Chihaya was the end of her role. She has much more amazing roles to play up front so there is that.

And if anyone thinks Taichi actually kissed Chihaya, you better think otherwise if your are a Taichi shipper. Force kissers are doomed to never get the girl in these kind of stories. Emphasize on the words NEVER and THESE KIND OF.

HikariShoumeiron said:
ProofByColor said:
I love Chihaya and her space cadet-ness but it went too far this episode. She deserves the pain of Taichi quitting because I think that's the only thing that will make her dense ass realize what she's doing. As strange as it sounds I'm actually siding with Taichi. Dude really went all out with his confession and she just sat there with a stupid ass look on her face only to mutter what I assume was "ごめん."

"Do you think I'm made of stone" is so fitting. I know I couldn't bare to be around Chihaya if I was in his position.

I don't know what exactly did you want Chihaya to do?... I mean, it's not her fault Taichi is in love with her and I think her reaction was quite standard for a unreciprocated confession. And also it was pretty tamed for a person as awkward as she is in these matters.
About the quitting the club thing I can understand why people is upset with her, but I saw her reaction come more from a "please don't quit something you love because of me" than anything. I could be completely wrong, but that was my interpretation.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees it like this and even majority starts disliking Chihaya later on. I have seen this in the manga boards over time. But the constant denial of Chihaya's feelings by a certain group of fans is quite something.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 19, 2020 9:04 AM
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:
alibel19 said:

Thanks. I have since been corrected multiple times and I'm relieved to know he didn't say that out loud to her and he actually didn't kiss her.

No worries. I guess he actually kissed her, but not for long and it’s just on the corner of Chihaya’s lips (he held himself back), in the manga the kiss was much clearer. (I felt weird describing this, but in case you want to know) :D
Mar 19, 2020 9:09 AM
Dec 2018

I don't know what exactly did you want Chihaya to do?... I mean, it's not her fault Taichi is in love with her and I think her reaction was quite standard for a unreciprocated confession. And also it was pretty tamed for a person as awkward as she is in these matters.
About the quitting the club thing I can understand why people is upset with her, but I saw her reaction come more from a "please don't quit something you love because of me" than anything. I could be completely wrong, but that was my interpretation.

That may well have been her intention but it is still a dumbass, incredibly dense, selfish and childish response to something when she could only say 'I'm sorry' to him back. Even at that age, people have the sense to let the other person go and deal with it themselves. Another girl in that group likes Taichi, she could have easily taken that opportunity to chase him down the road (obviously not much dramatic impact in that) but if anyone was going to follow Taichi, it shouldn't have been Chihaya and she should have realised that.
Mar 19, 2020 9:21 AM
Dec 2018
shanimebib said:
Gab5 said:
Can't blame her for how she feels at all. But she is still incredibly selfish to chase him down the street like that. She just needs to grow up. Most of us have been in both of their positions and the one thing you don't do to someone you reject is make a selfish plea like that.

You are blaming Chihaya too much for who she has been when she didn't understand why her turning him down would make him come to hate karuta. She didn't realize he was never in love with karuta. His point of adoration was Chihaya and it was something she didn't understand.

It's the same realization of how Arata's "playing karuta together" became "living our lives together" something Kana-chan immediately realized when Arata confessed.

I can understand the shock and surprise she would have felt. We all know how dense she is, but I think that, by the time he is walking down the street, she should have started to understand the difference and been able to show some restraint. Her reaction is only ever going to make someone feel worse. She didn't even make any reference to his confession or her rejection of it, just the Karuta Club. She probably made things worse. She had time to approach him and give his confession a proper rejection but, as they walked with the club, she was ignoring him and keeping her distance. Why change that? She had time to try to smooth things over with him but was only moved enough to act and say something once the club issue came up. What kind of friend is that?

He confessed to her, she sat there, stunned, all she could say was 'I'm sorry' but somehow she thinks it is appropriate to chase him down the road and scream 'don't leave the club' to someone who is clearly going to be upset and who she was unable to respond to properly. 'I'm sorry' really doesn't it cut it for a lifelong friend but, fair enough, she didn't see it coming and it shocked her. But she needs to have a bit of tact and leave him to it once that was all she could come out with. The difference was that her feelings were hurt when he walked away. That is selfish. If she didn't understand before, she should have suspected it once he left the club, what other reason would he leave the club? Approaching him in a hysterical way like that doesn't seem to fit with someone who is usually so dense. I don't care what her feelings are, they are her own, but there are still ways of doing this and she did it all wrong.
Mar 19, 2020 10:13 AM
Apr 2018
FallinDevast said:
Oops sorry about the spoiler tag, I'm new to this board. My reply to Sweetangie is:

Mar 19, 2020 10:24 AM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
This episode is built with all sorts of emotions in one episode alone: both happy and sad.
First off about Arata I’m happy to hear he’s finally can start recruiting his team at last ( having two members is a great start): GO FOR IT ARATA!!!!

I noticed Arata did foresaw what’s in Taichi heart through his karuta that’s been troubling him ( he reflected his inner thought through the game), seeing a virtual of Taichi diving deeper under reaching out the “chiha” card as his main target: seeing reaching out of something that’s out of his reach: Arata was worried about his friend (thought about if the “chiha” was read how he would of reacted it: defend it and let him have it by coming to its flow), I wonder how their match would of turn out: I guess time will tell.
Well, here we have it, Taichi confession already has taken action, I feel sorry for Chihaya for feeling guilty for Taichi’s suffering, knowing that all this time she was the one who made Taichi unhappy the most without her realizing it: it’s never her fault, all she can do is being honest with her feelings, it can’t be helped ( the truth hurts) it hurts me seeing Chihaya sad. When Taichi said he liked her ever since they were kids she thought about Arata’s love confession (she's been looking Arata ever since they were kids):

now she finally understood the meaning behind his words when he said” let’s pay karuta together then”he interpreted as a marriage proposal “let’s live our lives together” so touching:

Right now Taichi’s love confession took a huge tune overall: Taichi felt he need to confess his feeling so he can move on even though he's aware how it's going to turn out by him voicing his mind the part he doesn't like from Chihaya is the part in how she thinks about Arata: she rejected him by her saying "sorry" ( in her lower voice) and then after she felt guilty for hurting him while he leaves the club room: blaming herself that she’s the main reason Taichi decided to resign the club ( that’s why she ran after him and begging him not to leave, he pull her close force a kiss in her upper lip and voiced to her what he was feeling “ did you think I was made in stone” now he saw the cards in pinch-black, not only that all the memories they build together have turned into a painful memory for him; transmitted his pain to her, now Chihaya thinks everything that happened was all her fault: poor Chihaya she doesn’t deserve this, what a painful way of ending the episode. What a cliffhanger episode before the last episode, SERIOUSLY WE REALLY NEED A FOURTH SEASON AFTER THIS AND PRONTO!!!!

@FallinDevast about ch 173 of the manga make sure you add the spoiler tag since ch 173 doesn't take place of this episode: what really happened is

* Minna stay safe from the coronavirus that been spreading in worldwide, we can overcome this, STAY STRONG!!!*

Man this season was so amazing and now just hitting in the feels.
I literally hope we get a announcement of season 4 by the end of last episode. The story is gonna get so much better and interesting from now on. New beginnings, characters and development for the trio. Need to move on from this dark phase.

Speaking of which stay safe and healthy. :)
Mar 19, 2020 11:10 AM
Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
And if anyone thinks Taichi actually kissed Chihaya, you better think otherwise if your are a Taichi shipper. Force kissers are doomed to never get the girl in these kind of stories. Emphasize on the words NEVER and THESE KIND OF.

Truer words have never been spoken!

alibel19 said:
No worries. I guess he actually kissed her, but not for long and it’s just on the corner of Chihaya’s lips (he held himself back), in the manga the kiss was much clearer. (I felt weird describing this, but in case you want to know) :D

Noooooooooooooooo
Mar 19, 2020 11:18 AM

Aug 2015
Yes. Taichi "kissed" her. It was just a peck and not a full-tongue french kiss, though.
H-X-H said:

No, she isn’t. lol in the live action movies she friend zoned everyone !! like what the hell is wrong with this girl !!
Fear the movie spoiler. Remember Bokuben.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Mar 19, 2020 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
alibel19 said:
MetaKite said:

@katsucats @Jiraiyasenseii

!!!! So he held himself back but not completely?
Mar 19, 2020 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
Chihaya did have a very selfish reaction chasing him like that, especially because she acted weird for days in the club room.....even Taichi tried to hold up the "happy" facade for a while but I guess his notes dropping was the drip that made the bucket overflow ...the good excuse to quit enduring a very awkward situation.

When she chased him, I don't think she thought even 2 seconds about his feelings....just her own grief overwhelming her.....poor kid....when we're teenagers we don't have as much control over our emotions....

I don't think she'll easily forget Taichi's confession though....
Mar 19, 2020 2:22 PM
Feb 2019
After spoiling myself about what would happen in this episode, in episode 22 forum I compared it to Vinland Saga's End of the Prologue, but now it gives me some airs to Attack on Titan's Midnight Sun; I mean, the forum has become a battlefield: some haiting Taichi, some haiting Chihaya, some defending one side, some both sides, some neither of them, etcetera.

Nevertheless, I still don't know what to expect.
xD

FallinDevast said:
I'm new to this series and have read past this point on the manga, here are my thoughts on the romance aspect regarding each main protagonist:

Chihaya - the way she regards Arata is similar to a fangirl towards her unreachable idol or that of a worshipper adoring a god of karuta. Since she is immature in the field of romance, we cannot truly ascertain that her feelings for Arata is true love or simply just a crush. In chapter 173 of the manga:

Arata - his feelings for Chihaya is much defined than the latter but his resolve is much weaker than Taichi, since it appears alright for him even if the two are an official couple hence he does not show any jealousy. Moreover, his love for Chihaya is that of her idealized persona since he is not fully aware of her faults and eccentricities.

Taichi - among the three, Taichi's feelings for Chihaya is definitely the strongest and dare I say is true, pure love. He's been with her the longest, alongside her ups and downs and he accepts every facet of her being including her bad traits. His love is unwavering despite Chihaya's obliviousness and inclination towards Arata.

If there would be an end-pairing, I'd like to see Chihaya end up with Taichi and I'll sum it up with one sentence: Chihaya wants Arata, but she needs Taichi.

The difference between the want to and the need to, sometimes overlooked but trememendously important.
I kinda feel the same, and although I've got some spoilers over there and over here, I don't feel sure enough to affirm that, what we've seen through this 3 seasons may be enough to deduce it, but I still feel it depends too much in what we're left to see yet, how each one of them reacts to this and what paper will take from here on. Maybe you can say it with more confidence as you mentioned you've passed this part in the manga, but for an anime only like me, at this point I can't take it for granted.
Anyway, really good comment.
mafd12Mar 19, 2020 7:18 PM
Mar 19, 2020 2:48 PM
Dec 2018
mafd12 said:
After spoiling myself about what would happen in this episode, in episode 21 forum I compared it to Vinland Saga's End of the Prologue, but now it gives me some airs to Attack on Titan's Midnight Sun; I mean, the forum has become a battlefield: some haiting Taichi, some haiting Chihaya, some defending one side, some both sides, some neither of them, etcetera.

Nevertheless, I still don't know what to expect.
xD

FallinDevast said:

The difference between the want to and the need to, sometimes overlooked but trememendously important.
I kinda feel the same, and although I've got some spoilers over there and over here, I don't feel sure enough to affirm that, what we've seen through this 3 seasons may be enough to deduce it, but I still feel it depends too much in what we're left to see yet, how each one of them reacts to this and what paper will take from here on. Maybe you can say it with more confidence as you mentioned you've passed this part in the manga, but for an anime only like me, at this point I can't take it for granted.
Anyway, really good comment.

That is totally correct, in my opinion, there are still lots of things yet to happen that will decide this. Although my guess is that the current status quo will not change much. It feels decisive to me but a lot could happen to change that. And there is so much at stake other than the romance angle that they could all end up winners in some respect. I hope so but I've seen a few anime/manga where one character is persistently dumped on, I hope this one isn't going to end up like that. My preference would be for Chihaya and Taichi to end up together and Arata to end up as the Meijin. But I think that an ending where they are all on their own wouldn't be a bad one either if they manage to reach some of their goals in other areas, Karuta or anything else.
Mar 19, 2020 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
A Samouraï Champloo ending, lol.

Well we all know that the moment the romance will be resolved, it's the end of the story.....no way they will give us the outcome before. They'll milk all the fans to the very end. 😆
Mar 20, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2011
Kipo0007 said:

Man this season was so amazing and now just hitting in the feels.
I literally hope we get a announcement of season 4 by the end of last episode. The story is gonna get so much better and interesting from now on. New beginnings, characters and development for the trio. Need to move on from this dark phase.

Speaking of which stay safe and healthy. :)

Thank you, friend: yup, a one huge roller coaster ride that's driving us crazy, lol!! Oh yes, the story will continue to get more and more interesting from here: let's hope for more Chihayafuru after next week's episode, OH YES PLEASE FOR A 4TH SEASON!!!! While we're in the topic, I saw this picture I wonder how the next episode will turn out:

source: https://www.ntv.co.jp/chihayafuru/story/24/
After seeing this is certain ch 139 & 140 will be animated for sure, but this one picture takes place in ch 143 @shanimebib Oh yes, you surely did saw this coming,
sweetangieMar 20, 2020 12:40 AM
Mar 20, 2020 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: Yes. And it further establishes why it needs to be him. Even if they remove most of the contents between chapters 141 and 143, that moment signifies why he is the pivot of the story. Not Chihaya. And certainly not Taichi.

Also, I agree that if a season 4 is made (I hope so!), we will need those chapters to be revisited! Because of not only of what you said but also because of

and we cannot have that not animated!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2020 12:51 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Gab5 said:
Meriu said:

However this finally might be the end of it.. he needs to get over Chihaya and go for Sumire instead
I also hope he will get back into karuta quickly, I enjoyed his type of Karuta the most.

Agreed Sumire is a better girl anyway and more thoughtful person.

Problem with karuta is that it will keep him around those 2. A long time out is needed I think.

True, Sumire is definitely worth it though (unlike Chihaya lmao) :p
I wonder where this is gonna go and hope we won't have to wait years for a continuation.

shanimebib said:

Meriu said:

Yeah. I think Taichi is better of with Hanano-chan. She is extremely lovable and have had an amazing growth and it continues later on. Don't think her pushing Taichi to confess to Chihaya was the end of her role. She has much more amazing roles to play up front so there is that.

Defnitely! I enjoyed her character development a lot.
She went from a superficial bitch to best girl of the show 👌 and I'd love for her to get more screen time.
MeriuMar 20, 2020 12:56 PM
Mar 21, 2020 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
This was truly frustrating. I always thought Chihaya didn't gave much thought in the love stuff and her reaction to Taichi's confession would be same as Arata's but damn she just rejected him instantly. This hurt damn this really hurt.
Mar 21, 2020 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
Gab5 said:

That may well have been her intention but it is still a dumbass, incredibly dense, selfish and childish response to something when she could only say 'I'm sorry' to him back. Even at that age, people have the sense to let the other person go and deal with it themselves. Another girl in that group likes Taichi, she could have easily taken that opportunity to chase him down the road (obviously not much dramatic impact in that) but if anyone was going to follow Taichi, it shouldn't have been Chihaya and she should have realised that.
Perfectly said! It was a selfish move on Chihaya's part plain and simple. Although, Taichi should have turned in his resignation at least the day before.
Mar 21, 2020 8:53 AM
Dec 2018
MetaKite said:
Gab5 said:

Perfectly said! It was a selfish move on Chihaya's part plain and simple. Although, Taichi should have turned in his resignation at least the day before.

Yes, agreed, and that would have avoided the scene during the presentation. I suppose he tried to tough it out but he shouldn't have dropped that on them on that day.
Mar 21, 2020 3:45 PM
Mar 2020
20/10 episode. Madhouse animated the manga so well in this chapter. I wanted to hug Chihaya and Taichi meanwhile slapping them at the same time. Those pink t-shirts were so hideous though.

Mar 21, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2018
Damn the story is so good this season
This turn into dark real quick lol

This is a pretty realistic situation
Taichi had been Chihaya's friend since they were a little so its natural that feelings for her really grew so much that it turned into love.What am i sayin is its natural that this anime will get to the point where it will focus on romance side and here we are right know.

Chihaya needs to reconsider a lot of things, his feelings towards Taichi and Arata.

Im a Chihaya x Arata shipper
but i feel sad for Taichi
hes right that hes not made of stone
Its not that easy to be not hurt after all of this.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 21, 2020 10:03 PM

Jan 2008
Quite the stark difference between both the main dude's confessions; impassionate longing vs a flat out rejection.

Arata was right, Taichi is a coward both back then when he stole his glasses, and now when he stole a cheap and hollow kiss.
Mar 22, 2020 4:21 AM
Dec 2018
4kicks said:
Quite the stark difference between both the main dude's confessions; impassionate longing vs a flat out rejection.

Arata was right, Taichi is a coward both back then when he stole his glasses, and now when he stole a cheap and hollow kiss.

He didn't steal a kiss. He backed off. And that confession isn't something that a coward does. And if their feelings are that hollow, why is she chasing him up the road? She may prefer the other guy but there's nothing hollow about their feelings or their relationship. She still loves Taichi, just not in the way he hoped.
Mar 22, 2020 5:27 AM

May 2016
First time I see the forums of a S3 like this guess explains just how good the episode was... score raised 9/10
Mar 22, 2020 5:37 AM

Jul 2009
Finally the confession!!! It was so beautiful and touching, if I was Chihaya I would be with Taichi already...and the kiss!!! Please, choose Taichi!
Mar 22, 2020 9:19 AM

May 2017
holy shit.. tears and tears were rolling down my cheek. they nailed this moment. fantastic season.
Mar 23, 2020 5:32 PM
Mar 2012
Gab5 said:
4kicks said:

He didn't steal a kiss. He backed off. And that confession isn't something that a coward does. And if their feelings are that hollow, why is she chasing him up the road? She may prefer the other guy but there's nothing hollow about their feelings or their relationship. She still loves Taichi, just not in the way he hoped.

This.

Also - I've come around to thinking that even if he did kiss her, it would have been OK. Why? Because she (some might say, thoughtlessly) offered up his kiss as the tournament prize.

The two of them tied for first in the tournament. If the prize had been awarded, they would have kissed anyway.

Taken together, it's a really clever way of defending his otherwise-selfish act, and paying off that element of the first half of the episode.

(Sorry if someone else said this already and I missed it)
Mar 24, 2020 5:35 AM

Sep 2012
Am the only one who loves Taichi?
I love how he's not perfect and has some dark feelings
It makes him more human and I love that about Josei animes
This episode was so heartbreaking, I couldn't stop crying. Even though I knew she was going to turn him down, I didn't think it would be right away.

I really hope we don't have to wait another fucking 6 years for season 4
I hope God works another miracle and hopefully we get an announcement at the end of episode 24
Mar 24, 2020 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
Taichi finally did it, this was one of the most aniticipated moments ever. Getting rejected after he took so long to come up with the resolve is absolutely brutal, tho.

Stunning episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2020 5:29 PM
Nov 2019
This episode stabbed me in the heart.. it started out so playful and lively..but the end..it makes me seem like us TaiChihaya shippers don't have a chance..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.