Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 18, 2020 2:43 AM
Aug 2018
Awesome episode as usual
One of the best confession scene ever the situation and Background OST all were so beautiful
well Even though he got rejected I am so happy he did confessed and said the truth about high school incident
I literally Jumped and got so much excited during whole episode #Teamtaichiforever
Mar 18, 2020 4:38 AM

Nov 2008
Taichi was always my favourite, he's had the most character development in the series so far. My heart ached for him this episode T.T
Mar 18, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2019
cchigu said:
straggy said:
It's amazing how every scene starring Taichi manages to make me hate him more. How does anyone stand this annoying lump? I'm glad he's out of the club - hopefully he's out of the show full stop.
I don't hate Taichi but I get where you are coming from. I really hate the author for using Taichi to get sympathy points from the audience every time. It becomes so fucking annoying.

Truer words have never been spoken. Not just that but it works every single time, seriously dont people get tired eventually from feeling sorry for him?
Mar 18, 2020 7:15 AM

May 2015
Too bad we didn't hear what she said.

I can understand both sides, it hurts when friendship is ruined because of unrequited feelings, but Taichi isn't made out of stone indeed. I hope he'll manage to overcome this and gets even stronger. Besides, Arata still wants to play with him again.
Mar 18, 2020 7:51 AM

May 2019
Boooo Taichi you smelly edgelord no one liked you anyways
Mar 18, 2020 7:52 AM
Mar 2013
Ten said:
Too bad we didn't hear what she said.

she said three times "I'm sorry" (gome - from gomenasai) - or once from different perspective.
Mar 18, 2020 7:53 AM
Mar 2015
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
This episode was hectic! Definitely the best episode of the entire season.Although I'm a Chihaya×Arata shipper I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
Btw anyone who's read the manga could you please tell who Chihaya ends up with?

Suetsugu recently said that the manga will run for 20 Chapters over the next 2 years
Mar 18, 2020 8:04 AM

Dec 2009
my hands literally feel numb after watching this episode
Mar 18, 2020 8:36 AM
Mar 2014
Taichi you raggedy bitch.
I know Chihaya's affections isn't a game but someone sure as hell isn't winning with this attitude. And then to turn around and take it out on the game and the club? I knew he was gonna be a disrespectful coward from the beginning but Damn.

Wonderful episode. Amazing show. 10/10

Edit: People told me that was his internal monologue which on rewatch I get. I still think he's entering a losing battle here. Maybe him stepping back from everything will help everyone gain some sense. I will revoke the coward card but he's on thin ice.
OuterSpaceChessMar 19, 2020 8:28 PM
Mar 18, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2016
ReigningRain said:
Honestly, the end of this episode felt like a stab.. numb, cold and painful.

the only thing more devastating for me is Erwin's charge.
Mar 18, 2020 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
I haven't been so shook at an episode since I rewatched Clannad 18 months ago. What a second half and right after that breather too!
Mar 18, 2020 9:58 AM
Feb 2016
Taichi is the most complex character in the show wether you like him or not. I do like Chihaya but I totally understand why some people don't. She's too naive, selfish, and inconsiderate. I'd have her as my waifu because she can be adorable at times but if its irl I would dislike her a lot I feel like
Mar 18, 2020 9:59 AM
Jan 2020
"A happy birthday to taichi" and what an amazing episode it is. The loneliness & sorrow that I felt seeing it moved my heart...💓
Mar 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Sep 2019
Taichi be rocking the virgin walk of shame at the end.

Being serious this episode was really good insight into Taichi, the pain he feels from the start of the show till now you can really feel it, its one of those cases that you cannot look away from the car crash no matter what even tho you cannot help it but feel for him, kind of like watching a tragedy but without the people dying part.
Mar 18, 2020 10:40 AM
Jun 2017
Fionavar said:
cchigu said:
I don't hate Taichi but I get where you are coming from. I really hate the author for using Taichi to get sympathy points from the audience every time. It becomes so fucking annoying.

Truer words have never been spoken. Not just that but it works every single time, seriously dont people get tired eventually from feeling sorry for him?

The way I look at taichi is different. He's soo human. He is wrong sometimes, but he still fights. He may make mistakes, but improvs and becomes a better person everyday. Thats what make us all humans, isn't it? Arata is fine good person with no faults, he's not like normal humans. He got talent, he has chihaya which loves him, they tried to make it even with taichi with arata's money problems, but its not about that. Its about characters and arata being Mr perfect. But taichi who feel down, who fears, who has everything that a normal human should... I don't get why you hate him.
Mar 18, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2010
Madiii said:
The way I look at taichi is different. He's soo human. He is wrong sometimes, but he still fights. He may make mistakes, but improvs and becomes a better person everyday. Thats what make us all humans, isn't it? Arata is fine good person with no faults, he's not like normal humans. He got talent, he has chihaya which loves him, they tried to make it even with taichi with arata's money problems, but its not about that. Its about characters and arata being Mr perfect. But taichi who feel down, who fears, who has everything that a normal human should... I don't get why you hate him.

I feel bad for Arata, nobody mentions him yet he's always getting this "gary stu" treatment because Chihaya loves him, like excuse me? we talked about Taichi here, both of them are interesting in their own way. Even if we talk about Arata, Arata also makes mistakes, he's stopped playing Karuta and frustated after his grandpa dead, looking down on Taichi (& Chihaya) sometimes in Karuta, awkward, introverted, etc. Stop with this wrong comparision to make Taichi looks more sympathetic, just how many times Taichi fans should realize to stop blaming Arata for being a love target for Chihaya? it's getting dull and pathetic.
roppuriMar 18, 2020 10:58 AM

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 18, 2020 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
I didn't see anyone blame Arata....wth.

Anyway animated this certainly was the epitome of what "bittersweet" is. Japanese love this kind of heart soaring stuff (and so do I!)

That goodbye though! I'm not much for stolen kisses but Chihaya did "give away" his kiss like a prize very lightly, and even insisted on fighting over the first place after.

That was a true sayonara kiss on the right side of her cheek: all his emotions were put in it, how much he loved her and how he couldn't stay any longer even if he cherishes her, he had given all he had. Reading the manga I always thought he was mad, which made me cringe but animated the feelings were different. Chihaya was acting weird for days....how much can a broken heart take. I think he made a wise decision to leave asap, to not endure any longer. He definitely has issues to solve about himself and leaving Chihaya is certainly the best way to proceed. He needs to find out what he wants and love himself. No pity or anything: just concrete decisions to leave an unbearable situation behind him.

Btw Arata and Chihaya have their own issues to solves.....since this is a coming of age story, well no one grows up without hardships and disappointments, we all know that.....so I think Taichi made a wise decision in refusing to continue a road that no longer brought him happiness.

I can't wait to see what Chihaya has learned from all of this
Mar 18, 2020 11:21 AM

Sep 2017
I love Chihaya and her space cadet-ness but it went too far this episode. She deserves the pain of Taichi quitting because I think that's the only thing that will make her dense ass realize what she's doing. As strange as it sounds I'm actually siding with Taichi. Dude really went all out with his confession and she just sat there with a stupid ass look on her face only to mutter what I assume was "ごめん."

"Do you think I'm made of stone" is so fitting. I know I couldn't bare to be around Chihaya if I was in his position.
Mar 18, 2020 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
roppuri said:
Madiii said:

I feel bad for Arata, nobody mentions him yet he's always getting this "gary stu" treatment because Chihaya loves him, like excuse me? we talked about Taichi here, both of them are interesting in their own way. Even if we talk about Arata, Arata also makes mistakes, he's stopped playing Karuta and frustated after his grandpa dead, looking down on Taichi (& Chihaya) sometimes in Karuta, awkward, introverted, etc. Stop with this wrong comparision to make Taichi looks more sympathetic, just how many times Taichi fans should realize to stop blaming Arata for being a love target for Chihaya? it's getting dull and pathetic.

I was just expressing my point of view. I don't sympathy taichi. I admire him for not giving up despite all his failures... And I don't blame arata for being "love target for chihaya". I just Dont understand him.
what is wrong to being taichi fan and defence him? Its just as normal as being arata fan.
Mar 18, 2020 11:49 AM

Feb 2010
chiakimagoto said:

By making comparision about how perfect "Arata" is from OP's defense of Taichi is just so unnecessary and im just wondering how's Arata always being dragged, is just funny.

Madiii said:
I was just expressing my point of view. I don't sympathy taichi. I admire him for not giving up despite all his failures... And I don't blame arata for being "love target for chihaya". I just Dont understand him.
what is wrong to being taichi fan and defence him? Its just as normal as being arata fan.

There's no need to compare it wrongly, what Taichi experienced comes from himself and can only be solved by himself, his own struggle is what makes him a complex and interesting character and Arata has nothing to do with it.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 18, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
ProofByColor said:
I love Chihaya and her space cadet-ness but it went too far this episode. She deserves the pain of Taichi quitting because I think that's the only thing that will make her dense ass realize what she's doing. As strange as it sounds I'm actually siding with Taichi. Dude really went all out with his confession and she just sat there with a stupid ass look on her face only to mutter what I assume was "ごめん."

"Do you think I'm made of stone" is so fitting. I know I couldn't bare to be around Chihaya if I was in his position.

I don't know what exactly did you want Chihaya to do?... I mean, it's not her fault Taichi is in love with her and I think her reaction was quite standard for a unreciprocated confession. And also it was pretty tamed for a person as awkward as she is in these matters.
About the quitting the club thing I can understand why people is upset with her, but I saw her reaction come more from a "please don't quit something you love because of me" than anything. I could be completely wrong, but that was my interpretation.
Mar 18, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
Wow... what an episode... it is sad for both the anime and karuta club to lose Taichi. The Karuta club as he acted as a leader and for the anime... for me. it was the most compelling character.

I actually felt my heart while watching this... and it wasn't from happiness.

Mar 18, 2020 12:58 PM
Jun 2017
roppuri said:
chiakimagoto said:

By making comparision about how perfect "Arata" is from OP's defense of Taichi is just so unnecessary and im just wondering how's Arata always being dragged, is just funny.

Madiii said:

There's no need to compare it wrongly, what Taichi experienced comes from himself and can only be solved by himself, his own struggle is what makes him a complex and interesting character and Arata has nothing to do with it.

Hows Arata always drag? Its not me. Its the whole series which is comparing them.
Mar 18, 2020 2:04 PM
Apr 2018
Gab5 said:
Kipo0007 said:

Also you cant blame chihaya, she has her own emotions and feelings & even though she is a naive goofball, she does understand a little about what she feels,shown when she was clear in the head of what she was thinking during the confession and gave Taichi a proper answer at the end

Can't blame her for how she feels at all. But she is still incredibly selfish to chase him down the street like that. She just needs to grow up. Most of us have been in both of their positions and the one thing you don't do to someone you reject is make a selfish plea like that.

Yea i can understand her not wanting him to leave, but its actually selfish and not proper to ask him to stay after all that. He needs his break and time to move on and over come all this.
Mar 18, 2020 2:05 PM
Apr 2018
Madiii said:
roppuri said:

Hows Arata always drag? Its not me. Its the whole series which is comparing them.

The series doesnt compare them. But Arata will always be in the bigger picture like chihaya & taichi. The story is about the trio and their journey together and individually with life and Karuta.

Nobody is perfect in this show, everyone has their inner struggles and working their way towards their goals. Thats why this show is so amazing. Lets just leave it at that
Mar 18, 2020 2:13 PM

Feb 2008

Stunning.

As beautiful as it was heart-rending. Taichi's confession shook Chihaya out of her lull and made her realise Arata's intent as well. Now everything is in a flux.

Alas, Chihaya is in an unenviable position.
Mar 18, 2020 5:09 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Please end Taichi's suffering... it's unbearable ugh

However this finally might be the end of it.. he needs to get over Chihaya and go for Sumire instead 👌
I also hope he will get back into karuta quickly, I enjoyed his type of Karuta the most.
MeriuMar 18, 2020 5:41 PM
Mar 18, 2020 7:01 PM

Jun 2015
Adnash93 said:
Taichi's birthday was fun. :) Everybody enjoyed unofficial karuta tournament with specific rules, different from those usually used in official games.

But what came next... Wow, just wow. Scene with Taichi confessing love to Chihaya was simply beautiful. It's atmosphere, emotions, visuals... literally everything! And I'm telling that as a person who is not usually into romance scenes in animations or any other medium. Despite that I loved that scene.

Taichi left his karuta club? That was kinda expected after what Chihaya said to him. I'm surprised that he was able to do it, though. At first he wanted to spend more time with Chihaya, but through many years of playing karuta he started to love it so much. That decision must've been harsh, but I can't see any other decision after being rejected.

Because... He was rejected, right? ;p Can manga readers provide some general spoilers on what Chihaya told him and what was not presented in this episode? I'm really curious, lol.

This episode assured me that Chihayafuru 3rd Season deserves 10/10 score from me instead of "only" 9/10. :)

Sadly, only one episode of this season left. :(

Same, I will give it a 10/10 after this episode. Damn this season was amazing
Fortune favours the bold!

Mar 18, 2020 7:03 PM

Jun 2015
Taichi is too precious. That's all I can say, but damn this episode was amazing.
Fortune favours the bold!

Mar 18, 2020 9:02 PM
Jul 2019
MetaKite said:
I have so MUCH to unpack with this episode. Taichi you damn BAKA!!!! But on the other hand, finally taking responsibility, telling the truth after all those years and doing something for yourself for once. But geez......

DO NOT EVER CONFESS LOVE TO SOMEONE AND THEN MENTION THE OTHER PERSON!! You don't mention a 3rd person unless you want a threesome. And the way Arata was brought into it... OF COURSE CHIHAYA IS GONNA FEEL LIKE SHIT AND NOT RESPOND POSITIVELY EVEN IF HER FEELINGS COULD BE MUTUAL. Like how dare she have feelings and potential love for another person not you and you basically shame her for it? BAKA TAICHI!!!!

You put pressure on her in an unfair way but good for you quitting the club to figure yourself out but WTF was with that timing? Why not the day before the club demos? Ugh! I don't even want to get into the nonconsensual kiss. That was totally selfish of Taichi. Like is he trying to hurt her because she hurt his feelings? WTF???

Anyways, it is good he's stepping away from the club to focus on himself. He only joined for her to notice him and didn't seem to actually enjoy competitive karuta. She was always going to reject him because romance is just not something in Chihaya's sphere right now and how he told her not liking the Chihaya that likes Arata was awful. At least she gave him an answer so he can stop pining now and move on.

Damn those shirts were ugly and best reaction today was Harada Sensei upon hearing the Taichi Cup prize. LOL He don't care to kiss him as long as he wins!
He didn't kiss her actually
Mar 18, 2020 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
That was painful.

Mar 18, 2020 9:13 PM
Mar 2012
Jiraiyasenseii said:
MetaKite said:
I have so MUCH to unpack with this episode. Taichi you damn BAKA!!!! But on the other hand, finally taking responsibility, telling the truth after all those years and doing something for yourself for once. But geez......

DO NOT EVER CONFESS LOVE TO SOMEONE AND THEN MENTION THE OTHER PERSON!! You don't mention a 3rd person unless you want a threesome. And the way Arata was brought into it... OF COURSE CHIHAYA IS GONNA FEEL LIKE SHIT AND NOT RESPOND POSITIVELY EVEN IF HER FEELINGS COULD BE MUTUAL. Like how dare she have feelings and potential love for another person not you and you basically shame her for it? BAKA TAICHI!!!!

You put pressure on her in an unfair way but good for you quitting the club to figure yourself out but WTF was with that timing? Why not the day before the club demos? Ugh! I don't even want to get into the nonconsensual kiss. That was totally selfish of Taichi. Like is he trying to hurt her because she hurt his feelings? WTF???

Anyways, it is good he's stepping away from the club to focus on himself. He only joined for her to notice him and didn't seem to actually enjoy competitive karuta. She was always going to reject him because romance is just not something in Chihaya's sphere right now and how he told her not liking the Chihaya that likes Arata was awful. At least she gave him an answer so he can stop pining now and move on.

Damn those shirts were ugly and best reaction today was Harada Sensei upon hearing the Taichi Cup prize. LOL He don't care to kiss him as long as he wins!

I've only watched it once but that's what I saw too - he ALMOST kissed her, it was very close, maybe their lips touched slightly, but he seemed to hold himself back from a full-on kiss. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Mar 18, 2020 9:36 PM
Jul 2019
chiaoroscuro said:
Jiraiyasenseii said:

I've only watched it once but that's what I saw too - he ALMOST kissed her, it was very close, maybe their lips touched slightly, but he seemed to hold himself back from a full-on kiss. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Exactly! I had to watch it twice!! That's why I'm saying he didn't kiss her.
Mar 18, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2012
OuterSpaceChess said:
I know Chihaya's affections isn't a game but someone sure as hell isn't winning with this attitude. And then to turn around and take it out on the game and the club? I knew he was gonna be a disrespectful coward from the beginning but Damn.

Yoo. This is like you getting rejected by someone you like, rejected from your dream school, got in a fight with a family member -- or for whatever reason -- and then your friend asks you to hang out at a party, and you tell him you don't feel like it because the day isn't going right for you...

And the fucking narrator kicks in and says, "You sure as hell aren't winning with this attitude. Getting in a fight with your mom and then taking it out on the party and your friend? You disrespectful coward!"

I mean like, what? I don't want to argue, but your post just blew my mind. :/

chiaoroscuro said:
That's what I saw too. He leaned in and stopped himself.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 18, 2020 10:01 PM
Feb 2019
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
This episode was hectic! Definitely the best episode of the entire season.Although I'm a Chihaya×Arata shipper I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Could go either way but will make more sense if she ends up with Arata from narrative standpoint.

cchigu said:

But it follows naturally and doesn't seem forced. Everything that happens with him have had some build up to it. Thats his story, he is not the same as chihaya and arata and thats been made clear from the start. He quit karuta once before because he KNEW it was going to be painful but is back because he himself says that he doesnt wanna run away, he isnt oblivious to what lies ahead. We all knew he was gonna get rejected, he himself knew that but he had to go through with that. Have patience, he does have major developments ahead, he isnt going to be on the receiving end forever.
Mar 18, 2020 10:16 PM

Nov 2013

omg.. we have get this incredibly detailed confession sad scene. many of the complex feelings I have now and my own heart breaks watching the two of them as their hearts break... for me i hope Chihaya will end up with no one..
Mar 18, 2020 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
At the very beginning of the series, I remember I was strictly an Arata x Chihaya shipper. You couldn't budge me, it was the ship I fought for and thought I would never change. But as the story went on, I really began to like Taichi more as a character and I ended up fully backing him and wanting him to date Chihaya and realize his dream as master.

But now, I'm glad Taichi confessed and took that cowardice and faced it head on. I'm beyond heartbroken that he got rejected but I expected it, and now I want nothing more for him but to move on. Honestly, Chihaya does not deserve him and Taichi needs to find someone better. I just want him to be happy at this point and still become a master when he returns to karuta, because he will return, I'm certain of it. (haven't read the manga, so it's speculation)

To all of those thinking he solely likes karuta simply because of Chihaya, that's not the case anymore. It may have started that way, but over time, he began to enjoy the game and wanted to achieve much more. Now, he has his own goals and aspirations, it's not merely for love anymore, and hasn't been for a very considerable amount of time.

Mar 19, 2020 12:30 AM
Mar 2020
I'm new to this series and have read past this point on the manga, here are my thoughts on the romance aspect regarding each main protagonist:

Chihaya - the way she regards Arata is similar to a fangirl towards her unreachable idol or that of a worshipper adoring a god of karuta. Since she is immature in the field of romance, we cannot truly ascertain that her feelings for Arata is true love or simply just a crush. In chapter 173 of the manga:

Arata - his feelings for Chihaya is much defined than the latter but his resolve is much weaker than Taichi, since it appears alright for him even if the two are an official couple hence he does not show any jealousy. Moreover, his love for Chihaya is that of her idealized persona since he is not fully aware of her faults and eccentricities.

Taichi - among the three, Taichi's feelings for Chihaya is definitely the strongest and dare I say is true, pure love. He's been with her the longest, alongside her ups and downs and he accepts every facet of her being including her bad traits. His love is unwavering despite Chihaya's obliviousness and inclination towards Arata.

If there would be an end-pairing, I'd like to see Chihaya end up with Taichi and I'll sum it up with one sentence: Chihaya wants Arata, but she needs Taichi.
FallinDevastMar 19, 2020 3:10 AM
Mar 19, 2020 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
_Ridley_ said:
This episode hurt me. Taichi makes me want to slap the shit out of him and give him a hug at the same time.

I share the same sentiments.
Mar 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
This episode is built with all sorts of emotions in one episode alone: both happy and sad.
First off about Arata I’m happy to hear he’s finally can start recruiting his team at last ( having two members is a great start): GO FOR IT ARATA!!!!

I noticed Arata did foresaw what’s in Taichi heart through his karuta that’s been troubling him ( he reflected his inner thought through the game), seeing a virtual of Taichi diving deeper under reaching out the “chiha” card as his main target: seeing reaching out of something that’s out of his reach: Arata was worried about his friend (thought about if the “chiha” was read how he would of reacted it: defend it and let him have it by coming to its flow), I wonder how their match would of turn out: I guess time will tell.
Well, here we have it, Taichi confession already has taken action, I feel sorry for Chihaya for feeling guilty for Taichi’s suffering, knowing that all this time she was the one who made Taichi unhappy the most without her realizing it: it’s never her fault, all she can do is being honest with her feelings, it can’t be helped ( the truth hurts) it hurts me seeing Chihaya sad. When Taichi said he liked her ever since they were kids she thought about Arata’s love confession (she's been looking Arata ever since they were kids):

now she finally understood the meaning behind his words when he said” let’s pay karuta together then”he interpreted as a marriage proposal “let’s live our lives together” so touching:

Right now Taichi’s love confession took a huge tune overall: Taichi felt he need to confess his feeling so he can move on even though he's aware how it's going to turn out by him voicing his mind the part he doesn't like from Chihaya is the part in how she thinks about Arata: she rejected him by her saying "sorry" ( in her lower voice) and then after she felt guilty for hurting him while he leaves the club room: blaming herself that she’s the main reason Taichi decided to resign the club ( that’s why she ran after him and begging him not to leave, he pull her close force a kiss in her upper lip and voiced to her what he was feeling “ did you think I was made in stone” now he saw the cards in pinch-black, not only that all the memories they build together have turned into a painful memory for him; transmitted his pain to her, now Chihaya thinks everything that happened was all her fault: poor Chihaya she doesn’t deserve this, what a painful way of ending the episode. What a cliffhanger episode before the last episode, SERIOUSLY WE REALLY NEED A FOURTH SEASON AFTER THIS AND PRONTO!!!!

@FallinDevast about ch 173 of the manga make sure you add the spoiler tag since ch 173 doesn't take place of this episode: what really happened is

* Minna stay safe from the coronavirus that been spreading in worldwide, we can overcome this, STAY STRONG!!!*
sweetangieMar 19, 2020 2:28 AM
Mar 19, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
chiaoroscuro said:
Jiraiyasenseii said:

Thanks, you two. That makes me feel a lot better.

@FallinDevast, why would you post a spoiler?????? Spoilertag that!

OuterSpaceChess said:

He didn't actually tell her that. It was his internal monologue. I thought the same and freaked out but turns out Taichi didn't screw up as much as I thought he did.
MetaKiteMar 19, 2020 2:36 AM
Mar 19, 2020 3:27 AM
Mar 2020
Oops sorry about the spoiler tag, I'm new to this board. My reply to Sweetangie is:

Mar 19, 2020 3:37 AM
Dec 2018
Meriu said:
Please end Taichi's suffering... it's unbearable ugh

However this finally might be the end of it.. he needs to get over Chihaya and go for Sumire instead 👌
I also hope he will get back into karuta quickly, I enjoyed his type of Karuta the most.

Agreed Sumire is a better girl anyway and more thoughtful person.

Problem with karuta is that it will keep him around those 2. A long time out is needed I think.
Mar 19, 2020 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:

When Taichi confessed, he actually didn't said about Arata part to Chihaya out loud. It was in his own thought, and he didn't tell to Chihaya, so Chihaya didn't know.
Mar 19, 2020 4:05 AM
Aug 2012
Jiraiyasenseii said:
chiaoroscuro said:

Exactly! I had to watch it twice!! That's why I'm saying he didn't kiss her.

The fact that Taichi held himself back was amazing. Like he knew what to do, and what he couldn't do...yet.
At first, I thought that it'd be better if Chihaya would end with Arata, but this episode just showed me that Taichi's love for Chihaya is much, much deeper and I would just pick him if I were Chihaya! Lol
Mar 19, 2020 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
alibel19 said:

When Taichi confessed, he actually didn't said about Arata part to Chihaya out loud. It was in his own thought, and he didn't tell to Chihaya, so Chihaya didn't know.
Thanks. I have since been corrected multiple times and I'm relieved to know he didn't say that out loud to her and he actually didn't kiss her.
Mar 19, 2020 6:35 AM
Aug 2017
landofthekwt said:
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:

Suetsugu recently said that the manga will run for 20 Chapters over the next 2 years

So Chihaya isn't yet going out with anyone in the manga?
Mar 19, 2020 8:07 AM
Dec 2014
Zoldyk_Quareeb said:
landofthekwt said:

So Chihaya isn't yet going out with anyone in the manga?

No, she isn’t. lol in the live action movies she friend zoned everyone !! like what the hell is wrong with this girl !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, this episode was both wholesome and downright saddening at the same time. Taichi towards the end, I felt so sad for him. :(
Mar 19, 2020 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah it's sad but the best thing for him to do!!! Chihaya will need to think about her relationships with the 2 boys, from a distance.....and she'll probably start unconsciously comparing what they both mean to her.....and which one she longs for most in the end.....so Taichi definitely did the right thing here: let her know that she is his all and more but he needs to breathe!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.