Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it all came down to this. After all the analysis and prep, showdown with Steel Nanase takes place.

I'm kinda impressed that Kotoko is able to use all that information she gathered almost like a source of weapon. A lot of talking this episode though. Feels more like battle of mentality than just the typical fight. Lol, Saki and Kotoko still had a small bits of bickering as usual.
Stark700Mar 7, 2020 8:55 AM
Mar 7, 2020 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
good fighting kuro vs nanase
Mar 7, 2020 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
Kotoko is such a troll trying to make the culprit in Saki san's image lmao. Love their banter. I also really love how this final battle is playing out between the gang and Nanase. While Kuro is putting in the leg work and literally dying over and over to secure a future in which they succeed, Kotoko is fighting a mental battle with the internet to win them over.

Such a unique and fresh show, I have enjoyed every single second of it and it's hard to believe we're already 9 weeks in to it. I've gone out and picked up the second half of the manga now, so the idea of anime promoting the source material definitely worked on me here.

With every episode though, I become more and more convinced that Saki-San is best girl for me. She's just so sexy. Not sure if it's her design, personality, voice, combination of all, etc lol. I know the show's quite popular on Reddit and MAL, but I wish more of the mainstream anime community were talking about this. Only place I can really have a conversation about it are these threads.

Overall, definitely one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in a long time and can't wait for next week's ep from my own bed, finally, since it'll be spring break.
Mar 7, 2020 11:38 AM
Oct 2016
Kotoko deploys her four pronged attack on Rikka. Smart girl to know that one solution wouldn't be enough. The internet is a swirl of different opinions and values so it'd take a lot to win over a bunch of random internet people who already are entrenched in one way of looking at a scenario. That's why all this exposition doesn't bother me really. It is dense and I did have to rewind a few times, mostly to see those block of text that popped up, but this is what it takes to fight an internet ghost. It takes convincing behind a shadow of doubt that Steel Lady Nanase is not real.

At the beginning of the episode I'll admit I was thinking like some of the people in that forum. Thinking what Kotoko was saying was too elaborate and too much for one person to go through. But honestly by the end her first solution made a ton of sense. It legitimately won me over. After she explained the whole thing about why the killer would use the pendulum instead of poison I was sold. It sounded like a real scenario that could've played out. We got a while to go before Rikka and Steel Lady Nanase are defeated with how the forum shifts. Time for Kotoko to pull out her next solutions!
Mar 7, 2020 11:41 AM
Feb 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Kotoko is such a troll trying to make the culprit in Saki san's image lmao. Love their banter. I also really love how this final battle is playing out between the gang and Nanase. While Kuro is putting in the leg work and literally dying over and over to secure a future in which they succeed, Kotoko is fighting a mental battle with the internet to win them over.

Such a unique and fresh show, I have enjoyed every single second of it and it's hard to believe we're already 9 weeks in to it. I've gone out and picked up the second half of the manga now, so the idea of anime promoting the source material definitely worked on me here.

With every episode though, I become more and more convinced that Saki-San is best girl for me. She's just so sexy. Not sure if it's her design, personality, voice, combination of all, etc lol. I know the show's quite popular on Reddit and MAL, but I wish more of the mainstream anime community were talking about this. Only place I can really have a conversation about it are these threads.

Overall, definitely one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in a long time and can't wait for next week's ep from my own bed, finally, since it'll be spring break.

Saki is alright. Kotoko is the real carry of this show though. Without her, I definitely wouldn’t enjoy this show as much.
Mar 7, 2020 11:53 AM
Aug 2019
Mostly enjoyed the episode, though it quickly became really annoying with how often they reminded the audience of obvious facts. For example when Saki confirms with Kotoko that Rikka is managing the site and has the same ability as Kuro. Was this redundancy in the source material?
Mar 7, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Kuro is dying every time. I feel sorry for him.

Kotoko making the culprit in Saki's image was hilarious.

Mar 7, 2020 12:30 PM
Nov 2016
Damn, so much talking. :V
Good episode, but you could literally skip ep 9, jump straight to ep 10 from ep 8 and you wouldn't miss anything.
Mar 7, 2020 12:33 PM
Aug 2017
The fake explanation made kinda sounds like it could be an ace attorney case lol
Mar 7, 2020 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
Damn this gets more and more interesting..damn convincing people like that ...hmm
Mar 7, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
This reminded me of GITS chat-room episode.

I wonder if Kuro-senpai still feels pain after dying so many times...
Mar 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
I was gonna joke 'what if she was doing this on a more toxic comment site' but then over mid way in they explained how this is all working dgshdgh.

Fun episode. Lmao poor Saki.

That throw to Kuro's face, fucking oof.
Mar 7, 2020 12:56 PM
Jul 2019
That Kuro Vs That steel lady nanase is gonna take a little longer......
Mar 7, 2020 1:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great explanations from Kotoko, an outstanding episode again
Mar 7, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2010
Maybe she will need more accounts to estabilish her arguments.
Mar 7, 2020 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
more 3 solutions and more 3 ep
so they will go with a solution for every ep
well I like all the explanation, it feels more like death note L(Kotoko) vs Kira(rika)
Mar 7, 2020 4:36 PM

Nov 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
Saki is alright. Kotoko is the real carry of this show though. Without her, I definitely wouldn’t enjoy this show as much.

Same here,I just love Kotoko's character(on a side note,I find her quite attractive,more so than Saki),and theres one thing I have to mention,even though one story was out of sequence from the manga,damn have they done a bang up job animating it.
From start to finish everythings been top-notch,the music,the animation,the characters.
What a damn fine anime.
Mar 7, 2020 4:44 PM

Nov 2017
saifors said:
The fake explanation made kinda sounds like it could be an ace attorney case lol
OBJECTION!

Sorry,had to do that :)
Mar 7, 2020 5:02 PM
Feb 2017
Starhammer said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Same here,I just love Kotoko's character(on a side note,I find her quite attractive,more so than Saki),and theres one thing I have to mention,even though one story was out of sequence from the manga,damn have they done a bang up job animating it.
From start to finish everythings been top-notch,the music,the animation,the characters.
What a damn fine anime.

I find her more “cute” than sexy. Then again, I’m more of a cute kind of guy than a sexy kind of guy.
Mar 7, 2020 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
So besides the heavy dialogue this episode, I feel sorry for Kuro for getting his face smashed in so many times. Kotoko is good at making up stories, best part is making it seem that Saki is the culprit.. Saki caught onto that a little late..
Mar 7, 2020 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
The show is ok but damn... 3 episodes left and 3 solutions for episode is gonna be boring af.
Mar 7, 2020 6:41 PM

Jan 2016
So she finally sets up her first solution on her to defeat Rikka and Steel Beam Nanase. The preview said the next episode will cover the next two solutions, so I think the 11th episode will be for the 4th solution, and the last episode will be the conclusion.

Man I really hope this would get a second season after this. There aren't any major arcs in the manga after this one (not sure about the novels) but there is enough content to make 12 episodes.

BlueSnow93 said:
Damn, so much talking. :V
Good episode, but you could literally skip ep 9, jump straight to ep 10 from ep 8 and you wouldn't miss anything.

I'm pretty sure you'd miss the lie of how Terada was killed and who did it, but that's just me I guess?
Mar 7, 2020 7:04 PM

Oct 2017
A battle of lies between Rikka san and Kotoko. Her first solution was pretty weak tbh but I liked how she framed Saki san intentionally. Killing two birds with one stone XD. Also dang Kurou and Nanase's fight was brutal.
Mar 7, 2020 7:07 PM
Aug 2018
What a good day, new episode and I just found out volume 11 is out now!

Good episode for me, I like how they change the conversation with the online strangers into something of 3D because in the manga, they only chat by showing the translated text in the laptop. Pretty nice change But aside from that, I have no complaints.
Mar 7, 2020 7:21 PM

Nov 2015
The good: Kotoko framing her entire first explanation to troll Saki. That was hilarious.

The not-so-good: The whole explanation was so over-the-top complicated that it couldn't possibly convince anyone. It might spread some confusion but really, I'd almost believe in a ghost over that crazy scenario that sounds straight out of anime-land.

Hopefully the next 3 strategies are better. I'll be pretty disappointed, especially since there's so little left in the season, if things don't end in a really solid finale to this arc.
Mar 7, 2020 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
does not mean if there is more manga ch s2 will be 100% happen at least if there is no s2 ova or movie
Mar 7, 2020 8:55 PM

Feb 2011
I had high hopes for this one.
but it's so circular, slow, and honestly just boring. it started out with such a bang, but it dropped just as quick as it exploded.

Mar 7, 2020 9:03 PM

Nov 2019
Kotoko's anecdotal arguments are so cringey, even with Rikka's ability, I find her Kotoko's claims weak that Rikka needn't use her ability, those anons are unrealistic for believing Kotoko all of her anecdotal BSs

This is just bad writing, and it had taken quite a while, has been a few episodes, such a waste, show had potential
Mar 7, 2020 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
kuro x kotoko is not just a loli shipping its also comedy shipping senpai shipping I found new summer anime MC has good appearance and personality according to the manga
https://myanimelist.net/anime/40496/Maou_Gakuin_no_Futekigousha__Shijou_Saikyou_no_Maou_no_Shiso_Tensei_shite_Shison-tachi_no_Gakkou_e

kuro appearance in the anime much is better than his appearance in the manga
Mar 7, 2020 11:24 PM
Aug 2018
YggdraSEED said:
Kotoko's anecdotal arguments are so cringey, even with Rikka's ability, I find her Kotoko's claims weak that Rikka needn't use her ability, those anons are unrealistic for believing Kotoko all of her anecdotal BSs

This is just bad writing, and it had taken quite a while, has been a few episodes, such a waste, show had potential

That’s why there are 4 convincing lies. She only told one so far. It’s like this, some might like solution #1 and some won’t, which is why there is solution #2 and if they don’t like that one, there is always solution #3. And for the fourth one, well that’s a mega spoiler so keep watching if you want to find out. It’s up to you, I ain’t gonna force you to enjoy something you might not like.

Well there is always the manga, highly recommend it if you don’t like the anime. It is much better in both wording and story telling and it’s easy to follow if you actually focus. There is also the bonus chapters and some extra content which I don’t think will be animated in this season so that’s a bonus for reading it. Well as I said before, it’s you’re choice.
ZKisaraMar 7, 2020 11:27 PM
Mar 8, 2020 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
I hope next episodes won't be full of fucking internet discussion because this one was already hard to stomach. If I knew it's something like this, I would skip it altogether.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 8, 2020 3:48 AM

Feb 2011
Kyokou Suiri: The Battle of the Shitposters
Mar 8, 2020 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
So I guess we really are spending the rest of the series on Steel Lady Nanase then. Not too happy about that prospect, but the presentation this week made it pretty interesting, so if that's how it continues I might be able to stomach it three more times.
Mar 8, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2019
my good sis was fighting for that reddit gold
Mar 8, 2020 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly, it's much more optimal to just create multiple accounts and spread the fake contents in a coherent fashion. So you'll get more than 4 arguments and a higher chances of turning the crowd. Like a simple one-man bandwagon show.

That's what I initially expected but who knows, maybe at some point, maybe. A bit disappointing episode for me.
Mar 8, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2019
As someone who has fully enjoyed this series up to this point, I found this episode incredibly boring, it may have been the lack of interesting direction but it was literally like watching paint dry.
Mar 8, 2020 9:45 AM
Nov 2018
fleet_floot said:
Mostly enjoyed the episode, though it quickly became really annoying with how often they reminded the audience of obvious facts. For example when Saki confirms with Kotoko that Rikka is managing the site and has the same ability as Kuro. Was this redundancy in the source material?

Yes, I just watched all nine episodes these last few days, and the dialogue is tiresome. So many explanations repeated over and over again to fill out the episodes.

And who came up with the wild idea to make writing in a forum the center of the action? So dull.

I really like the characters and the concept. But then came the completely meaningless episode with the big serpent - discussing a case without freeing anyone from suspicion, without saving anyone, without catching a culprit, and in the end it turned out she knew the answer all along but for some reason just didn't explain.

Okay, that was two episodes. Onward to a violent mystery. But instead of being just two episodes, this kept going and going. For the rest of the series. With typing on a computer as the center of attention.

The author had a great idea but didn't know what to do with it. It's like Sakurada Reset, a good idea ending in too much dialogue.
Mar 8, 2020 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not sure this is how anonymous discussion and shitposting actually works. Derailment of a discussion thread is more effective than actually trying to 'convince' anyone of anything. And in the end the results would be the same as people who believe in Nanase would end up being mocked and ran out of the threads. And who wants to believe in something when the whole site is against you, or when the threads are pure trash? At some point you'd get a spin-off site where all the refugees go and once you get there it's even easier to ruin their credibility (only the die-hard conspiracy theorists post there, etc.) I feel like teenagers could run a better trolling campaign.

And I'm not even 100% convinced that 'belief' itself would be the cause of an entity like Steel Lady Nanase. People often post stuff that they don't actually believe, so if it is just the heated discussion and passion (meme magic or whatever) that created her, then derailing should put an end to it.

This 'choosing the future' shit just seems like an excuse to get this nonsense to work.
syncrogazerMar 8, 2020 10:48 AM
Mar 8, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2015
Im surprised this series is focusing on one mystery (For the most part). I expected this to be one of those "solve a mystery per episode" sort of things. I guess Steel Nanase is on the cover so that was gonna be the focus from the get go. Its really good though. Best girl Iwanaga besting everyone is amusing to see. I love her smug grins as well lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 8, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2017
I know Kuro doesn't feel pain but hell, 𝙄 felt it when Steel Lady Nanase threw the beam at his face! I'm really intrigued to see what Plan B is because Plan A was kinda weak (though Kotoko was quite aware of that!)

It's so weird to hear Mamoru Miyano's voice in such a chill role... I'm so used to hearing him voice flamboyant characters like Tsukishima from Tokyo Ghoul, but he's voice really suits Kuro surprisingly.
Mar 8, 2020 2:33 PM
Oct 2018
All the girls are best girl! Even Rikka :)
Would've liked a different discovery of information other than monologues though.
Mar 8, 2020 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
Kotoko's battle on convince the users of the Steel Lady Nanase is already a tough one. Going by the responses she's had so far, that forum is a lot nicer and less toxic than Twitter by a country mile. ^^;

She's got 4 solutions to win this battle overall and her first solution was a long one to explain, but it was a convincing lie that did give her the advantage for a bit. I presume the nameless poster at the end was the same guy who drove his 4x4 off the road to avoid Nanase. If so, then trying to convince him that he was wrong is going to be tough.

As for Kuro, the poor guy is going through the cycle of flooring Nanase, then getting killed by her and then comes back to life multiple times. That's a battle of mentality in my eyes and one that's going to test Kuro to his limits.

Either way, this dialogue-heavy episode was pretty engaging and satisfying once more. =)
Mar 8, 2020 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
I love Kotoko so much. The moment she mentioned the murder could be a policewoman, I intermediately knew she was framing Saki just for the lulz xD

Another fantastic episode. Man, I simply love when series can handle heavy amounts of dialogues in such perfect way without making them seem overwhelming, boring or pretentious.
Regarding Kotoko's first solution, I actually found it quite convincing for the most part. Of course, a 100% coherent explanation would have been boring for most people in a forum so the addition of some extravagant details such as the pendulum and the initial idea of a man cross-dressing Nanase was a very wise decision since they would attracted more attention. And now that Kotoko has a lot of eyes on her, the following "more reasonable" solutions would be easier to expose.

This said, can't wait for the other 3 solutions! This series has been such a pleasant surprise. Really glad I gave it a chance.

P.S: Not gonna lie, I felt kinda related with the guy who complained about Kotoko's posts being too long to read xD
Mar 8, 2020 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
fabricated lies can also be used as a weapon! nice!
5/5.

Mar 9, 2020 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
ysphyr said:
This reminded me of GITS chat-room episode.

I wonder if Kuro-senpai still feels pain after dying so many times...

It was explained in a early episode that kuro doesn't feel pain anymore.

Diamond_Sel said:
As someone who has fully enjoyed this series up to this point, I found this episode incredibly boring, it may have been the lack of interesting direction but it was literally like watching paint dry.

As someone who's read the manga, all i can say is that this is story buildup, depending on the pacing, ep 10 and 11 could also be like this, though i doubt they'd go that long with it, i can at least say that everything kotoko does she does for a reason, she's not called a goddess of knowledge for nothing.
Mar 9, 2020 11:58 AM

Dec 2019
Tatsuya said:

As someone who's read the manga, all i can say is that this is story buildup, depending on the pacing, ep 10 and 11 could also be like this, though i doubt they'd go that long with it, i can at least say that everything kotoko does she does for a reason, she's not called a goddess of knowledge for nothing.

Thank-you for clarifying, this makes me a lot more hopeful for the rest of the series
Mar 10, 2020 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
The first of 4 solutions from Kotoko to stop Steel Lady Nanase. With the fabrication of the truth with lies in hopes to change people's perspectives of the enemy, Kotoko indulges with the Internet to scour people onto her side while Kuro fends her off with Saki as watchdog.

Tatsuya said:
Yes, fnally someone who knows the real crux of this series. Just don't understand why people would think of such story and exposition as sacrifice for quality, and being interesting to boot.

"To believe is to manipulate" is the crux of this solution, because human perception is nothing more than believing what isn't seen, but yet pursuing the matter as if it's real, and so is the case of the murdered Detective Terada (to which with no evidence, ANYTHING is possible to make it look like a crime scene).

Of course, with people's opinions, it's difficult to lead them on, but all it takes is a strong lead to lead people astray and take them on her "logical reasoning" case a.k.a getting a W over Nanase. And wow what a way to rub salt onto Saki as the "framed" serial killer, but of course, this solution doesn't last long without a strong base (not to mention with Rikka on the loose).

With this impending battle between Rikka and Kotoko on Steel Lady Nanase, as much as people are entitled to their opinions online, only by creating a "fiction" law to stop these affliction is the TRUE way of meeting Nanase's end to her self. It's something like fake news, and the way that the real world works currently in laws preventing the spread of fake news to stop the pretenous lies from people in spite of fear.

Great episode, and only Solution 1 out of 4. Liked it when shows like this prompt me to think logically and for the future to come.
Mar 10, 2020 4:29 AM

Sep 2019
Man, I'm envious of the police.
They have some nice 40(?) inch, monitors.

And you got to wonder how many shitposters would actually post in Kotoko's thread? There would at least be five "lolololololol" responses, one "tl;dr", "two "what virgins writes that long? LUL" and at least a few reee-ing responses.

*EDIT:* And of course Kotoko explains why there aren't any trolls. Damn, I got outplayed...

Of course, Kotoko herself is the TRUE shitlord. I really found this cure to this phenomenon was to fuck with the internet's perspective. Even better, since Kotoko gets a win over Kuro's literal closet skeleton.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 10, 2020 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
Kuro x kotoko is more like teamates or partners than couples, kuro made the things difficult to kotoko when she tried to approach him
Mar 10, 2020 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
I hope we won't have the other three episodes telling the other three lies of Kotoko... It would be boring.

Sure took Saki a lot of time to realize that the profile of the culprit Kotoko brought up is her XD

By the way... did anyone noticed Kuro's unhealed scratch (right cheek)?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.