Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very colorful world they decorated this episode with. I mean, the Blue Night arc brings out great details already but this actually exceeded my expectations.

The mushroom jokes aside, the festival continously brings out the fun with these characters including the bits of delicious food and hell, even throw a turkey in there.
Mar 7, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Best episode so far for me
Mar 7, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2018
En's singing is actually pretty good (Kenyu Horiuchi to be more specific) I hope he is enjoying voicing the character as much as I'm enjoying his performance!

For me, En the best source of comedy in this show, which says a lot considering his design and the fact that he is the boss of this gang.

Mar 7, 2020 12:44 PM
Jan 2020
bullying Kaiman seems like fun
Teens Shin and Noi looked so youthful and full of energy, haven't changed at all)
Wild Mushroom En appears and is ready to destroy everything
Mar 8, 2020 12:00 AM
Sep 2015
Too much teasing, just make Caiman meet with Rizu already!

And En should accept Chouta's love already!
Mar 8, 2020 12:05 AM

Apr 2009
Been looking forward to seeing Blue Night adapting and so damn glad they nailed it. From Shin and Noi's meeting to Kaiman accidentally helping them, everything was on point. Damn, can't wait for the BDs so I can obsessively screencap truck loads of the background to use as wallpaper.
Mar 8, 2020 5:02 AM
Jul 2017
Young Noi was absolutely adorable <3

And Fujita and Ebisu compliment each other pretty well. They'd make a great set of partners :)
GanguroGalMar 8, 2020 3:59 PM
Mar 8, 2020 5:44 AM
Jan 2020
GanguroGal said:
Young Noi was absolutely adorable <3

And Fujiyama and Ebisu compliment each other pretty well. They'd make a great set of partners :)

His name is Fujita xD
Mar 8, 2020 7:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes! Hearing En's song made my day. He's such an accomplished man in all respects.

I haven't read the manga in a while, but I feel like if they cut out a bit of Noi meeting Shin in the past, no? Or is that flashback later?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 2020 7:13 AM
Feb 2020
why didn't kaiman see rizu ?
also is En asking for his death xD
Mar 8, 2020 7:27 AM

May 2016
Poor Ebisu lost her pads...well at least she got to eat some delicious cannibal pie.
Really liked the flashback with Noi and Shin.
Mar 8, 2020 7:44 AM
May 2016
Super neat episode! It was awesome getting to see how Shin and Noi met and became partners, love how their backstories were intertwined. Was also funny to see how Kaiman and Risu basically inadvertently saved their asses this ep. And MAN, En's singing those is ridiculously good, that was hilarious to watch! I really enjoyed Ebisu and Fujita's cute moment at the end of the episode, that was really sweet. The ending scene was pretty fucking tense too, really solid direction overall, I wonder what's gonna happen now with Nikaido though...
Mar 8, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2018
-MEHMET- said:
I always thought Noi's masculine body doesn't suit her since she has a beautiful face but this episode changed my mind. Noi with a feminine body is something that should've never happen.

It looks better in the manga. Srry i dont have screenshots

meganchi said:
why didn't kaiman see rizu ?
also is En asking for his death xD

My theory is: they look into each other because they noticed they have same pattern in they’re eyes since they wear mask and only the eyes are visible or maybe because rizu thinks it was aikawa and caiman thinks it was rizu
Mar 8, 2020 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
That was an excellent episode. So much happened, and there was never a lull in the pacing. 5/5
Mar 8, 2020 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
Young Shin is voiced by Yuto Uemura??? Idk
Mar 8, 2020 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Fujita finally has a partner
Mar 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
This show is just getting Crazy by. Every Episode And there world is Fucked up
Great Episode
8/10
SaiDxvLightMar 18, 2020 12:09 AM
Mar 8, 2020 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
Young Shin and Noi's story was funny but sweet at the same time. Ebisu blushing was cute and nice Fujita got her as partner. En's ability is really op damn, he can even mark someone like that.
Mar 8, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2014
Blue night...waiting for the reunion though
Mar 8, 2020 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
En-san is a man of many talents! That song was hilarious.

Noi used to be a small girly - wonder what training regimen she had to become that ripped. And poor Nikaido, her sufferings never end.
Mar 8, 2020 3:34 PM
Oct 2015
Farabeuf said:
Yes! Hearing En's song made my day. He's such an accomplished man in all respects.

I haven't read the manga in a while, but I feel like if they cut out a bit of Noi meeting Shin in the past, no? Or is that flashback later?

also i don't know why but they made shin grown up the second time he meets noi?
i remember that shin was still short and had long hair when he sacrificed him self for noi?
or is just me and my memory?
Mar 8, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2019
Noi and Shin best ship ever!
Mar 8, 2020 3:57 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this series is so good, every episode is a blast.
Mar 8, 2020 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
"Strange meat pie"

Now it all makes sense
Mar 8, 2020 7:49 PM
Dec 2013
Farabeuf said:

That's later. You're thinking of the bonus chapter from volume 9.
Mar 9, 2020 3:09 AM

Mar 2016
Younger Shin was so cute!

Every time I think something serious is happening, they follow it up with a joke, but because they do it in a consistent way, I actually love it.

Hahaha! Caiman got beaten by his boss. Didn't think he'd get caught in such a hilarious way.

Nikaido can control time. Cool! I really can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 9, 2020 7:03 AM
Apr 2018
Young Noi and Young Shin, Fujita and Ebisu, are everythang!
Mar 9, 2020 7:13 AM

Sep 2019
En owned a ramen joint... and sung?!
His character just keeps going and going and going and goi-
Yeah, I would ask if he's on Shrooms, but I don't think I would want to know the answer to that.

HOLY SHIT, HIS FACE AT THE END!

Oh man, Ebisu was cute when she revealed she wanted to contract Fujita. Yeah, I can't see these guys as the antagonists anymore. Well... maybe En still counts.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 9, 2020 2:13 PM
Mar 2016
to anyone that has read the manga , how does the anime compare?I really like the anime and I'm debating going into the manga . should i?
Mar 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Jul 2017
The Blue Night Festival of sorcerers is just getting started...and En's group of lackeys are the targets for potential partners.

Getting over the first time where Shin and Noi met, it wasn't the best of friendships, but after Shin being hired as a hitman by En, they both hit it off. Quite funny to hear the oldies jazz of En's song being popular, but outside sorcerers (in lieu of Blue Night) had to make a mess of them. As expected, En's mushrooms always had people poisoned.

Caiman getting plumped by the shopowners was hilarious while finding for Cross-Eyed Risu, but Fukuyama's magic was quite the charmer. For Shin and Noi, their rivalry with the same bastards from before still hung them up. And nice that Fujita finally got his partner...Ebisu HEH.

NOT GOOD that En caught onto Nikaido by marking her with his mushroom. What intricacies and consequences will there be going forward?
Mar 9, 2020 4:54 PM
Sep 2008
KristiMeow13 said:
to anyone that has read the manga , how does the anime compare?I really like the anime and I'm debating going into the manga . should i?

You definitely should! The manga is highly regarded and has a fantastic art style. While nothing major, the anime has left a few things out so even rereading from the start should be breezy and you'll learn a few new things.

As far as a comparison between the two, I feel the anime has really exceeded most peoples expectations. The art/directing/music and voice acting has been great and really outweighed the potential scrutiny over the CGI models (which also turned out pretty good In the end).

I suggest going back and reading the manga from the start once this first season ends, or if you don't feel like going back, proceed from where the anime leaves off. There are also numerous "bonus curse" chapters sprinkled throughout the manga chapters that has already aired in anime form (though they will be getting OVAs when the BD is released).
Mar 9, 2020 8:06 PM

Aug 2018
KristiMeow13 said:

I think you should only read the chapters that were already turned into anime first and compare so you can see for yourself, also see the deleted stuff. After this season ends.
Mar 9, 2020 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was meh.
"Shocking?"
Mar 10, 2020 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
KristiMeow13 said:

Anime is a pretty faithful adaptation. There are some small bits of the story that are missing, but nothing major, also I expect a lot of that stuff to come back in short special episodes on BDs.
Otherwise when you compare the two, manga is a little bit more gory than the adaptation and has more nudity (so far most of it has been obscured with camera angles in the anime except for Ebisu's zipper dress). Also Dorohedoro is Q's first original manga, so she was still figuring out her artstyle on the go, hence there are some character design inconsistencies around Volume 1 which all get sorted out later (like how Kaiman looked much skinnier at first etc.), naturally there are no such problems with the anime.
Mar 11, 2020 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
En-san is such an accomplished man indeed xD I really wonder what other kind of stories he has...

Another entertaining episode. Seeing how Shin and Noi met and became partners was rather nice... and oddly sweet if I must add.
Mar 12, 2020 3:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
joa12222 said:
Farabeuf said:

That's later. You're thinking of the bonus chapter from volume 9.

Ok, thanks. I knew that I had seen it somewhere.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2020 12:20 AM
Aug 2016
Mmm I want some meat pie... excellent fast paced episode. They really stay true to the manga which I love!
Mar 13, 2020 12:24 AM

Aug 2016
KristiMeow13 said:

You definitely should! It’s amazing.
Mar 13, 2020 5:58 AM

May 2019
Aw Ebisu blushing haha.

Nice little twist at the end there. I'm excited for the next ep

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 14, 2020 12:37 AM

Mar 2010
Ebisu blushing was great lol

Idk why, but I really enjoyed this episode, things are finally starting to click and now that each character have their moments, it's much easier to care.

So this is just speculations: I guess Risu's partner is Kaiman?
Mar 14, 2020 5:21 AM
Dec 2017
WaHwA said:

Idk why, but I really enjoyed this episode, things are finally starting to click and now that each character have their moments, it's much easier to care.

Mar 14, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2017
I like Shin and Noi's first meeting, they're a perfect couple. And im curious about Kaiman's origins rn.

4/5

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2020 12:05 AM

Mar 2010
Sondfer said:
WaHwA said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Mar 17, 2020 4:45 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Fujiyama turning into a pie Nikado is screwed with that vodoo doll
Mar 27, 2020 11:14 AM

Oct 2018
this anime is so weird, i love it
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 10, 2020 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
Noi looked a lot better back then. Why did she choose to become a macho gorilla?!

Another awesome backstory. Seeing how Noi and Shin interacted with each other in their early days was refreshing.

Ebisu was so cute there for a moment, blushing over Fujita and being the sole person to apply for partnership with him. Their bond is growing by the episode.

Things aren't looking too well for Nikaido.
Apr 28, 2020 1:16 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was brilliant, Noi was so cute before she because so strong, she is still cute. Noi and Ship are best couple. Fujita and Ebisu are so sweet together, with Ebisu he finally has a partner. Kaiman is a badass, Nikaidou needs him now.
Jun 4, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
Gintama is great at mixing comedy with drama and this show is with comedy with idk gore? It's just weird but in a fun way. Anyway, are there police here? So there's some people who can keep sorcerers in line? Cause they're just doing whatever the hell they want seems like.
Jun 4, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
PrimeX said:
Gintama is great at mixing comedy with drama and this show is with comedy with idk gore? It's just weird but in a fun way. Anyway, are there police here? So there's some people who can keep sorcerers in line? Cause they're just doing whatever the hell they want seems like.

No police or government in either world, it's all run on pure anarchy. The closest thing to "police" in the magic users' world is actually En's family, since it protects (or at the very least avenges) its associates, which are plenty, bringing some order and stability to the world.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

70 by scorpioniclibra »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

75 by FarCritical »»
Mar 25, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.