Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This John Walker is one clever bastard. A heartless one too by getting others involved in his drama.

Also interesting is Momoki's role in this story with him making desperate attemps to save what he cares about. Only a few more episodes left and it seems this anime is starting to head towards its big climax especially with the Sakaido revelation. He's got a huge target on his back now.
Stark700Mar 1, 2020 7:28 AM
Mar 1, 2020 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
I actually think about recent anime film that reveal everything was just a dream in the last ten seconds... yes, last ten seconds after credit, with no foreshadowing hint at all.

Though I don't think the reality in ID:Invaded is a dream though.
Mar 1, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
The id well was Narihisago's all along! So the drive to kill particles were found from the Challenger's house? I'm back to that question again, sigh.

Anaido was one tricky bastard.
Mar 1, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2016
Yep, it was too good to be anything other than just a dream. Three episodes left, and i'm hoping we're not heading into "fuck you" kind of ending, but proper resolution ending.
Mar 1, 2020 7:59 AM
Dec 2017
Fucking incredible episode, loved every second of it. Got me emotional, the insert song was great. The use of OST was generally really effective, as well as some nice plot twists and some questions have been answered.

The worst part of this show for me is the fact I have to wait every single week for a new one.
Mar 1, 2020 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
Well that was one hell of a ride.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Mar 1, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
Bruh.

He just wanted to spend time with his family oof.

The feels in this episode.
Mar 1, 2020 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
Another incredible episode. 10/5. Strong feels in this episode and love the use of the insert song.

Man, I feel sorry for Kaeru/Asukai. She's getting tormented every time in her dream though Narihisago was able to deal with some of those serial killers.

Hondoumachi was entrusted with Narihisago/Sakaido note and it's up to her now.

So Tamotsu/Anaido was able to keep his memories.

Mar 1, 2020 8:24 AM
Jan 2018
Narishago's pain in leaving his family in the fake world within the well really hit me in the feels
Mar 1, 2020 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
I teared up when Narihisago's flashback started, it was really emotional. Also yeah it was too good to be true.

Only three episodes left and I wonder how this'll end. I want an explanation on how the Mizuhanome was created and Asukai's powers if she really had em in the real world.
Mar 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
Plot twist is good and all, but I hope the Perforator's motivations behind revealing Sakaido's identity to him is properly explained later.
Mar 1, 2020 8:38 AM
Sep 2019
Out of 200anime I have watched this is the 3rd time I cry😭
I m in love with that song
Mar 1, 2020 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
WOW! This episode really broke my heart.

Anyway, I won't lie when saying that I don't completely understand what is going on lol.

It was great to see Hondomachi and Sakaido meet.. though my heart really broke when Sakaido had to let go of his family again..

Also, Anaido, you bastard.. wtf.
SOMEONE GET SAKAIDO OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

In conclusion, 5/5. I need to watch a review of the last two episodes because I am small brain and cannot fully understand what is going on..
Mar 1, 2020 8:47 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Someone knows the music played in the ep?
i have heard somewhere......
Mar 1, 2020 8:55 AM

Dec 2015
lucio54 said:

I think it's My Way? Only the first part tho
Mar 1, 2020 8:58 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
lucio54 said:

What artist? it have so many songs.
Mar 1, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know what to say anymore... I just want to see the next episode!
Mar 1, 2020 9:05 AM

Dec 2015
lucio54 said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

Frank Sinatra - My Way
Mar 1, 2020 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
lucio54 said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

I'm pretty sure it's sung by soundbreakers if im not mistaken. They released the full list of insert songs before the anime started airing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-08/id-invaded-virtual-world-suspense-anime-reveals-song-artists-1-hour-january-5-debut/.154119
Mar 1, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2018
Holy sh*t all the twists in this anime are crazy. This is amazing!

Also, the psychological stuff in the previous, and now in this episode is fantastic, I really like it!

After this episode, raised the score from 8 to 9. I hope this quality remains for the last 3 episodes too, and not gonna be another Babylon...
-Aincrad-Mar 1, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 1, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2016
The entire montage with Narihisago's family was incredibly sad. After that last scene I'm guessing the Perforator is working with John Walker to take down Narihisago and Hondomachi before they reveal his identity.
Mar 1, 2020 9:16 AM
Dec 2017
TheLimo said:
The entire montage with Narihisago's family was incredibly sad. After that last scene I'm guessing the Perforator is working with John Walker to take down Narihisago and Hondomachi before they reveal his identity.

That's what I think too.
Mar 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2018
Those flashbacks of Narihisago and his family were so sad and painful to watch. If it was me I'd want to disappear along with that world that was falling apart.

As expected that wasn't Momoki's well at all.
Mar 1, 2020 9:29 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Find the name
Hiroshi Suenami & soundbreakers - Memories of love
But the song well....maybe only when the insert songs of the anime where to be sell.
lucio54Mar 1, 2020 9:34 AM
Mar 1, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
I hate this show, Wtf are these flashbacks? I'm totally broken now, that was too painful to watch
Mar 1, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2015
THICCDADDY1234 said:
lucio54 said:

I'm pretty sure it's sung by soundbreakers if im not mistaken. They released the full list of insert songs before the anime started airing.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-08/id-invaded-virtual-world-suspense-anime-reveals-song-artists-1-hour-january-5-debut/.154119

The insert song's title is always in the end credit, if you guys ever sit through that...
but obviously this is not the song OP has heard before.
Mar 1, 2020 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was mind-blowingly amazing and a roll-coaster of emotions.
Lately every episode was so amazing that I didn't think the next one will top the awesomeness, but every time I am so wrong ^_^.

I love an anime that makes me think a lot, but this is like 2 levels above that. It has all the right qualities: story, characters, feelings.
Mar 1, 2020 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
I hate this show, Wtf are these flashbacks? I'm totally broken now, that was too painful to watch

It was done quite blandly and unoriginally to the point I did not tear once during the collage.
TheLimo said:

I really do not think this is true. Maybe Fukuda is done playing safe and went all out to challenge the system and its limits.
Re:formed
Mar 1, 2020 10:31 AM
May 2017
_shahriar_shiham said:
Narishago's pain in leaving his family in the fake world within the well really hit me in the feels

I mean who would want to accept the real world where his loved ones passed on so prematurely
His situation really sucked
Mar 1, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
ysphyr said:

It was done quite blandly and unoriginally to the point I did not tear once during the collage.

Idk it really got me, especially
It's just too much for me. I'm trying to watch Dorohedoro for 40 minutes now, but keep pausing it because I f-cking can't stop crying. So pathetic
Mar 1, 2020 10:43 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
So pathetic

It truly is. Violet Evergarden sure did a score on everyone.
Except your faithful servant.
Re:formed
Mar 1, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
ysphyr said:
So pathetic

It truly is. Violet Evergarden sure did a score on everyone.
Except your faithful servant.

I only gave VE a high score because I cried like a little b-tch almost every episode. Well, also for a dude on high heels, but that's another story

I wonder what anime scene made you cry? I bet something totally unexpected
Mar 1, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
damn that montage was saddening to see. From all happy to the death of Muko and the wife unable to take everything in.sasuga Hondomachi once again being where she shouldn't be

but wow that plot twist at the end was mad. I guess that's why both Sakaido and Hondomachi ended up in the same world when they went into the wells.

Last 3 eps coming up, hopefully it's gonna go out with a bang! We're either going to get a Fate/Zero-esq ending or an Aldnoah.Zero-esq one depending on how Aoki is feeling

too precious

Mar 1, 2020 11:13 AM
Jun 2019
the 2 second scene of his daughter dead is just too sad. it really made me cry
Mar 1, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
DemonDiablo said:
the 2 second scene of his daughter dead is just too sad. it really made me cry

Its more sad when you realize she was beaten to death, she was forced to fight until se was unable to. Worst way to go.
Mar 1, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2019
Im just wondering what the deal with Hondomachi is, she entered at a different time- maybe bc Asukai Kiki's "death", the world collapsed and then also 'collapsed' time itself?
Mar 1, 2020 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
Woah, there's so many votes and comments here. That's surprising. I'm glad people on here are starting to wakeup to this show. It's criminally slept on and underrated in the mainstream anime community.

Like I said day one in my tweet that got retweeted by Funimation, this literally feels like an anime Nolan film. The writing, direction, characters and world all feel so real. It doesn't even feel like you're watching an anime and imo, that's the biggest compliment you can give anime.

I need that insert song playing during Sakaido's flashback of his wife and daughter. That moment was absolutely beautiful. He'd subconsciously planned to stay in the well and use that as an escape from reality. Understandable, but unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and seems he was able to let go of some of the immense pain he's been carrying.
With it being his own well he's inside, I'm really wondering if John Walker is someone he's created or maybe even him. Can't wait to find out in the next few weeks.
Stop sleeping on ID:Invaded!!
Mar 1, 2020 11:52 AM

Jun 2017
Woah this episode was even crazier than the last one. So John Walker did influence Narihisago after all. And Fukuda just went "fuck the system I actually remember everything lolz".

Dazper said:
Im just wondering what the deal with Hondomachi is, she entered at a different time- maybe bc Asukai Kiki's "death", the world collapsed and then also 'collapsed' time itself?

Hondoumachi entered sooner than Narihisago, in real world time she is inside since 20 mins (still inside right now), Narihisago was only 10 minutes and got ejected (but it felt like a year to him).

I don't think Asukai is dead, she is needed for the machine as a core.
Mar 1, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
I gotta be perfectly honest. This episode was not the best. It was still fantastic, but not great. It didn't draw me in like the other episodes did, although I was really into the moment when Hondomachi and Narihisago met in the well. That was quite interesting.

Also, I know that a lot of people loved the insert song and the montage of Narihisago and his family, (yes it was very good) however, I don't think it matched the mood of the show. It kind of just popped up out of no where. There was nothing that led into a slow soft song with a sweet montage. Something that would have worked better is one of those moments of shock followed by flashes of images. (I hope that makes sense) Especially the mood of the scene before doesn't have enough to lead up to the montage. It was a little choppy. However, this is just me being critical. I still loved it. It made me sad. Narihisago deserves much more than what he's getting in reality.

Also, they are in Momoki's well right? Or am I missing something? In episode 8 when they entered the well, it was said that the particles were found at Momoki's house right? So how is this well the end of Narihisago's? I'm just a little confused by the ending. I hope things are cleared up because this show so far seems pretty good at clearing things up. However, this episode concerns me. I have a bad feeling the show's end might go downhill and I might have to drop my 10 to a 9.
Mar 1, 2020 11:53 AM
Mar 2015
Sad to see him lose his family A serial killer that remembers inside the well could be very dangerous Wonder whether Kaeru can really destroy the world
Mar 1, 2020 12:11 PM

Aug 2018
Goddamn the Mc is Dumb
Good Episode
7/10
SaiDxvLightMar 17, 2020 6:10 PM
Mar 1, 2020 12:25 PM

May 2018
Uh oh Sakaido is forgetting that he's inside another Mizuhanome and it has to take that petite detective girl for him to realized it...
JiangHaoyi1979Mar 1, 2020 12:32 PM
Mar 1, 2020 12:33 PM
Aug 2019
That montage was sad and I need the next episode!
Damn you Anaido/Fukuda fooled us all, also what happened to Kiki?
I have so many questions.

Mar 1, 2020 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Eleris18 said:
I still loved it. It made me sad. Narihisago deserves much more than what he's getting in reality.

Also, they are in Momoki's well right? Or am I missing something? In episode 8 when they entered the well, it was said that the particles were found at Momoki's house right? So how is this well the end of Narihisago's? I'm just a little confused by the ending. I hope things are cleared up because this show so far seems pretty good at clearing things up. However, this episode concerns me. I have a bad feeling the show's end might go downhill and I might have to drop my 10 to a 9.

They only assumed they were Momoki's particles, they honestly have no way to positively identify them until they get clues from the well itself.
We have to guess that these particles were planted by someone, perhaps John Walker himself, but no we now know that those weren't Momoki's particles or his well.

What happened was that Anaido tricked everyone into the thinking that his memories got erased when he went into the wells, but he's actually fine. He realized quickly when they went into this well that it was Narihisago's and released the two of them from Kaeru since that would have been a clue to whose well they were in and then just pretended the entire time.

By tells Sakaido who he really is while inside his own well, he's made his conscious aware of his subconscious, which shouldn't ever happen and now Narihisago could potentially be stuck within his own mind.
Mar 1, 2020 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
that cliffhanger i wanted to know what this DOGMA is when someone enter their own unconscious since high chance they will forget everything and become a zombie, related to Kaeru/Asukai is saying that she will lose her humanity and not die as a human anymore
Mar 1, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Like I said day one in my tweet that got retweeted by Funimation

You going to make that into your signature when ?
Mar 1, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
I guess this is what Momoki meant a while back when he said that it was a trap? He realized that the particles weren’t his and they’d actually gone into Narihisago’s own well. Maybe?

I really liked TsudaKen’s performance in this episode. Good stuff.
Mar 1, 2020 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
It's safe to say that we speculated, but didn't see this coming: Kiki's ID:Well was Narihisago's all along, but through her Mizuhanome (as a vessel) via the dreams and all. And it's a curse that he has to suffer in "the well within a well", there's more to be found, but answers will be hard to come by.

With Narihisago dealt with the Challenger...in body, but in mind, Kiki still feels hot-headed as if her soul hasn't been let off from the trauma of mass serial killer John Walker. Her desperation of death to Narihisago is chilling, because more than a 50/50 chance to save her, it might as well destroy the world at the same time.

Narihisago's choice to go rogue whilst spending time with his family...and with Hondomachi's sudden appearance in his ID:Well through his dreams...I'd say it's well-thought-out manipulation? The flashback of his family more than not confirmed the harsh truth of his own "real or not real" reality. It felt real, and it wasn't.

But most importantly, more than trying to find John Walker...it's Anaido/Fukuda who has the last laugh, and tying in with Director Momoki's prediction of Kiki Asukai's cockpit being a trap, all is connected. WOW am I mind blown by this plot twist! Is he a traitor for the big bad John Walker, this is still a red herring (but through the desert silhouette, both may be in cahoots).

What an episode of revelations! Hope the last 3 episodes stick its landing!
Mar 1, 2020 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
So why was Kiki inside of Narihisago's well to begin with? Thats the mystery and what is her connection to both Narihisago and Hondoumachi as well?

Frick man I thought we were finally FINALLY going to get Hondoumachi and Narihisago team up but then he got sucked back into his well.

This anime is so good to even have so many unanswered questions still!

With three episodes left I hope they wrap this up well.

The flashback was sad AF. We saw what the challenger did to Muku and how his Wife eventually took her life T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 1, 2020 4:07 PM

Oct 2010
Really awesome episode. Hit me right where it hurts most and threw more questions at us
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

202 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 5:15 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

106 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 4:55 AM

» Spoilers problem

Quarter034 - Nov 8, 2023

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

128 by RobotFK »»
Feb 8, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

100 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.