Forum Settings
Forums

What makes a character "best girl" and what makes her a waifu? Are they the same for you?

Feb 10, 12:19 AM

Best girl is a female version of me.

Waifu is a girl I need but don't deserve.
Blog coming during April.~

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling

Feb 10, 12:32 AM

Best girl I want to pat and protect, waifu I want to impregnate, just like a normal citizen.

Edit and resources do not belong to me.

Feb 10, 12:39 AM

Best girl is just the best female character in that anime. If the female characters in that series are all just average, being the best among them doesn't mean much. Like My Hero Academia lol.

Feb 10, 1:07 AM
For me, "best girl" is my favourite female character of a series. Therefore, I have multiple best girls.

"Waifu" is someone I would likely be romantically attracted to if she actually existed and we knew each other. I only have one at a time (currently, it's Hifumi Takimoto).

A waifu would be my favourite female character of a series. Therefore, for me, waifu is best girl, but best girl isn't necessarily waifu (eg. Squid Girl is one of my best girls, but she's not my waifu).
Modified by Digibutter64, Feb 14, 2:37 AM

Feb 10, 1:11 AM

Well Best Girl is usually meant the best girl in that one particular series. Like Rem is best girl in Re Zero, Yui is the best girl in K-On!, Homura is the best girl in Madoka Magica, Chino is best girl in Gochiusa, etc..

Waifu is basically fav girl.. Like Anya-chan from Spy x Family is my waifu because she is the cutest, the smartest, the bestest esper loli of all time...
Try read Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...

Feb 10, 1:18 AM

This is how a peak best girl looks like

Waifu is a subjective version of what people consider closest to their female ideal partner.Unfortunately most people just pick a tsundere with nice body and don't even care about personality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 10, 1:18 AM

"All Waifus are best girl, not all best girls are Waifus" -Confucius

Feb 10, 12:24 PM

best girl is the one who I think would be the perfect partner for the mc. Unless there are no dudes then it's just whoever is the most entertaining/funniest
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Feb 11, 2:32 AM

Best girl = best girl in a specific series

Waifu = best girl in the universe

Feb 11, 2:35 AM
they are the same for me and yes i want them but do not deserve them too

Feb 11, 3:04 AM

Like people have said, best girl is in regards to the series only, waifu is like your best girl among all those best girls.

Feb 11, 3:19 AM

"Best Girl" can mean many things. For me I tend to decide with is the "best girl" for the MC, or which I would date irl (if given the chance). <- which obviously would never happen, because most of them are unrealistic to begin with.

But hey - I can't really say I am big into the whole "waifu"-culture. There are just some characters I really enjoy watching - some reasons are more obvious than others. As we are all men/and women of culture here.

Feb 11, 3:30 AM

Best girl - All stats are max out.

Waifu - Charm is the only max.

Feb 11, 6:07 PM

Best girl is someone I can emotionally and mentally connect with, cause of similarties we share. For instance, my best girl is Hifumi from New Game because she is lot like me: social anxiety, but still trying their best to connect with others, works hard to realise their dreams, always has their friends back.

It was only after that connection did I realise she's also cute and adorable and sexy as fuck. Emotional connection always comes first though. Yeah, I can think a girl is good looking, but without that emotional connection, they're just a good looking girl and it doesn't really amount to much. That's why I make sure looks come second.

Feb 11, 6:12 PM
Magician of Nom

Theyre kinda the same to me honestly. My two are Kyōko from Interviews with Monster Girls and Lily from Zombieland Saga.

Feb 11, 6:26 PM
Best girl refers to a favorite female character in an anime. This term can also be used to describe a favorite female character in a season or year.

Waifu is more of a way to describe a female character (not limited to anime) that you are attracted to the most.

Feb 11, 6:38 PM

best girl is the girl i like the most in the series.
waifu is a girl I like most out of everything.
My favourite character looks 3 and I regard her as my waifu in the aspect as she is my favourite character ever, not that I'm romantically attracted to her or anything like that.

Feb 11, 10:53 PM

Best girl is my favorite female character in an anime, while my waifu would be the best girl out of all my best girls. At least, that's the way that I see it.

Alternatively, I hear a lot of people just say that your waifu is just the character that you would want to have as your wife.

Feb 21, 8:49 PM
ShyGuyDY said:
Best girl is someone I can emotionally and mentally connect with, cause of similarties we share. For instance, my best girl is Hifumi from New Game because she is lot like me: social anxiety, but still trying their best to connect with others, works hard to realise their dreams, always has their friends back.

It was only after that connection did I realise she's also cute and adorable and sexy as fuck. Emotional connection always comes first though. Yeah, I can think a girl is good looking, but without that emotional connection, they're just a good looking girl and it doesn't really amount to much. That's why I make sure looks come second.

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Feb 22, 2:33 AM

All my waifus live under the same rule!!

They are forbidden to show any kind of interest towards a male!! They are MINE!! All of them! And I dont share my girls with ugly anime males!! I only accept MY pure lesbians!!

And my girls have ranks and some of them stand higher then others if they have done something that impress me!!! Granbelm they are all my waifus BUT Suishou kissed the loli!!!,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! And therefor she is a high ranking waifu!! So they are not all the same!! I have a army of waifus!! Some have done bigger deeds then others!!

Best girl can be given to a female I like!!They dont need to be lesbian. a strong female can be enough to gain my favour!! Mugen no Juunin. Makie are not a lesbian! But she is a really strong girl and I like her!! So she is best girl in that anime!!

But as I said Waifus I have higher demands on!! And they need to be pure!!

Modified by Yuri-Crusader, Feb 22, 6:47 AM
Only Homophobes gets angry over gay ships!!

Feb 22, 6:34 AM
Part-Time Chad

Can only really be one waifu. The others are just side bitches in a harem. Nanael is my Waifu.

Best girl of x can be specific to a show or a genre or a year etc.

Yuri-Crusader said:
All my waifus live under the same rule!!

They are forbidden to show any kind of interest towards a male!! They are MINE!! All of them! And I dont share my girls with ugly anime males!! I only accept MY pure lesbians!!

And my girls have ranks and some of them stand higher then others if they have dome something that impress me!!! Granbelm they are all my waifus BUT Suishou kissed the loli!!!,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! And therefor she is a high ranking waifu!! So they are not all the same!! I have a army of waifus!! Some have done bigger deeds then others!!

Best girl can be given to a female I like!!They dont need to be lesbian. a strong female can be enough to gain my favour!! Mugen no Juunin. Makie are not a lesbian! But she is a really strong girl and I like her!! So she is best girl in that anime!!

But as I said Waifus I have higher demands on!! And they need to be pure!!

All the girls in your Waifu harem fuck themselves and each other with big black dildos and strap-ons. They wish it was me fucking them.

Feb 22, 6:43 AM

There's a saying "More than one waifu will ruin your laifu"
K-On! is love, K-On!! is life.

Feb 22, 7:10 AM

A Best Girl to me is how she makes people realize and recognize her effort throughout a series, even by supportive role and less screentime, she need not to be liked by all but I feel like standing on her side if she was accused.

When a character made me invest my time to know her, so much that I wish she was real in this world.. she is flawed and also need not to be liked by majority, that is Waifu.

I can has tons of best girls, but only one waifu.

Feb 22, 7:39 AM

Real man asking the real questions.

A waifu/husbando would be someone who I just adore seeing, hearing, etc.
Kai Schulen is such a babe to me.

Best boy/girl is a character that's really well written and enjoyable, but I don't love them like I would with my waifus/husbandos.

Feb 22, 7:53 AM

Best girl : the character I enjoyed the most during the series/franchise and screentime plays a major factor. There are times in which the annoying ones (for comedy purposes) are the best ones.
Waifu : Per franchise that has a universe that doesn't intertwine, I view this term as a character I would want as a wife and someone I would want to live with for the rest of my life. In this sense, I examine the capabilities, abilities, adaptability, and personality of the individual characters that would provide value to a long-term "binding" relationship.

Feb 22, 12:45 PM

I use both terms interchangeably, and the girls in anime I would be attracted to in real life are Rias Gremory and Erza Scarlet for multiple reasons why.
What is the purpose of life?

Feb 22, 1:40 PM

Best girl, to me, means the best female character in a show. Waifu is real relationship material, as determined by personal taste. However, they can be the same depending on the circumstances. Like Kurisu. ;)
"When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone."

Feb 22, 4:06 PM

I like your interpretation of the two:

*Best girl is a female version of me.

*Waifu is a girl I need but don't deserve

Up until I read your interpretation, mine was:

*Best girl - best female character in a specific anime in my opinion (not necessarily the female protagonist of the anime).

Waifu - best female character of the year. 2018's waifu is Satou's Aunt, 2019's waifu is Sugawara Niina.

Mar 11, 2:07 PM

no actually not, but sometimes yes.

best girl is for me the best (female) character in the show.
a waifu is for me a little bit different.

for example Asuka from Evangelion is best girl for me.(more or less my favorite character)
but Misato is more waifu material.

of course here are anime characters with both best girl AND waifu qualities.

Mar 11, 4:19 PM

"Best Girl" is the most interesting female character out of all of the female characters in one show, "Waifu" is the most interesting female character out of every female character in every show. There's a new Best Girl for every show, but only one waifu at a time.
The automatic list signature never updates, so fuck that I guess

Mar 11, 4:42 PM

Best girl is the girl who is better than all the others of a certain show/season/year etc.

A waifu is an anime girl one would want to be in a relationship with were it not for the fact they are an anime girl XD

Mar 11, 5:14 PM

I like your interpretation of the two better.

Mine used to be:

Best girl is a candidate for waifu.

Mar 11, 7:50 PM

best girl is the best girl to ship with MC, waifu is the one you ship with yourself.

eg: uraraka is best girl, shipped deku, YaoMomo is waifu.

Short_Circut said:
best girl is the one who I think would be the perfect partner for the mc. Unless there are no dudes then it's just whoever is the most entertaining/funniest
right.

Mar 11, 7:59 PM
i pay no ban pls

A best girl is my favorite girl in any given series, confined to that specific series. So there can be any number of girls I'll call that, it's just one per series.

Waifu is Run. The overarching favorite of 'em all. Numbe one, only one.

Mar 11, 8:12 PM

Best girl is your favorite character from a specific series and a waifu is the best one out of all best girls. Also you could say that a waifu is someone youd want to marry if she was real.