Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 2018
Milennin said:
Action scenes still seem lacking compared to the Madoka Magika anime.

I think you're forgetting Meduka Meguca.

Here's what to expect : more girl on girl action and less girl on witch action.
Also expect magical girl transformations.
Feb 1, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2018
I was dying so hard to watch Iroha's Doppel, and was the most exciting part!!!!

And Kaede Doppel was so cool too!!! need episode 6 right now >.<
Feb 1, 2020 11:32 AM
May 2019
This was a fun episode also Mami <3
Next episode is gonna be exciting.
Feb 1, 2020 11:39 AM
Dec 2018
I was wondering if they would play Credens Justitiam when Mami transforms... And they did. Can't wait for others to show up.
Feb 1, 2020 11:42 AM

Dec 2019
Best episode so far hands down 5/5
Feb 1, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
Ofcourse it wouldn't be the real Ui. Also Yachiyo's "lost" friend was an imposter.

Didn't expect Iroha to transform into a witch already, she's lucky that Mami was around to save her. Overall we can safely asume that someone is lying and that there's definitely something fishy going on.

Post credit scenes shows us Kaede, Momoka and Rena in big trouble. Seems Kaede had undergone the same thing as Iroha..

Now with Mami getting more and more into the picture now, I wonder when others will show up!

Feb 1, 2020 2:16 PM

Nov 2013
Hmm... I'm quite certain that MC's sister UI is behind all that "magical girls turn into witches to fight witches" thing. So, instead of basically dying/transforming into witches with no-return, girls are transformed to save themselves from certain defeat, and fully healed as well (Iroha's case)? That would explain how the city rumor of it "saving magical girls" is actually true. It also explains why Kyubey can't enter the city - since he'd freak out from such "heresy", after all, Kyubey would never want the magical girls to be saved lol.

I wonder how UI managed to trick Kyubey to give her such power to begin with, or how she managed to acquire such power...

By far, this was the best episode to me. Can't wait for more.

P.S hopefully the score will improve as well...
Feb 1, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2015
Dam I really really liked that episode. Seeing Iroha go witch form was really cool. I was hoping that was gonna be a Iroha exclusive thing that made her special but then I saw that confusing after credit scene like "oh, ok. That sucks."

Just like Madoka and Homura, I ship Yachiyo and Iroha. I think they make a really cute couple. I also really like Yachiyo she's really interesting.

I still think that little Kyuube is Ui.

So it seems becoming a witch is less impactful here. Or at least becoming a half witch or something. I knew that kind little girl would be the first to have something happen to her and guess I was right. I was so expecting another Mami scene from the way it was looking but they have that get out of jail free card now. They'll probably introduce something to counter it at some point.

I hope we see more of witch Iroha as thats something thats really interesting and something that differentiates this from Madoka Magica. Still sucks that its not a Iroha exclusive thing. I wanted it to be something that made her special but oh well. I really hope she has something that makes her OP or something. Like how Madoka had the huge magical potential because of Homura. But then again I guess Madoka never really fought so her OP power was never really used until the end.

Well if we see more cool mask witch Iroha then I'll be happy. That and more Iroha X Yachiyo.
DarknessRealityFeb 1, 2020 2:23 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was neat. Iroha's doppel scene looked pretty good and I like Yachiyo.

My only real problem with this is that Mafuyu's mahou shoujo costume is ugly as hell. Those grey tones and that red ribbon don't go well together and whoever put those things on her hair should be sued for design crimes.

Feb 1, 2020 3:07 PM
Aug 2015
DarknessReality said:
Dam I really really liked that episode. Seeing Iroha go witch form was really cool. I was hoping that was gonna be a Iroha exclusive thing that made her special but then I saw that confusing after credit scene like "oh, ok. That sucks."

I actually prefer it not being something unique to Iroha, it makes Kamihama a much more mysterious city, and the whole "come to Kamihama to be saved" thing makes a lot more sense now
Feb 1, 2020 3:40 PM

May 2015
Eroha said:
DarknessReality said:

I actually prefer it not being something unique to Iroha, it makes Kamihama a much more mysterious city, and the whole "come to Kamihama to be saved" thing makes a lot more sense now

Oh, I didnt think about it that way in link to that sentence. Hmm, interesting. I was just hoping Iroha had some sort of cool special thing about her but theres still tons of time left so she probably have one at some point. Especially with how much they're mirroring the original Madoka Magica.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 1, 2020 3:56 PM

Jan 2019
AzorAhai said:

[...]

The score will not improve until the platform fixes the troll accounts that are massively voting 1.

Someone shared screenshots that showed this in the discussion of episode 4, but for some reason his comment and all quotes to him have been deleted.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 1, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2018
That scene before she transformed was supposed to be dramatic. But it happened so fast.

I don't know why but they forgot to put the runes for their witch forms.

Also, Momoko wasn't at the scene where the witching incident happened.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Feb 1, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2018
Ryoketsu said:
AzorAhai said:

[...]

The score will not improve until the platform fixes the troll accounts that are massively voting 1.

Someone shared screenshots that showed this in the discussion of episode 4, but for some reason his comment and all quotes to him have been deleted.

That is the work of the Uwasa and the Ma****.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Feb 1, 2020 4:08 PM

Jan 2019
CrystaLyse said:

I don't know why but they forgot to put the runes for their witch forms.

There were no runes because there were no witches. What happened to Iroha and Kaede was different from Sayaka's transformation.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 1, 2020 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
the episode went a bit faster than i wanted (cuz i wanted to see Mami kicking Iroha's ass rofl) but omg this ep definitely delivered.

Iroha's doppel was already absolutely amazing to see but goddamn that final credit scene with Kaede's doppel wow. as a game player, this never happened at all in the game and i'm looking forward to seeing how this could potentially affect kaede's character cuz she's already easily scared and prone to freaking out. well that is unless she brushes it off as like a dream thing or just forgets about it lol

but ahh overall great episode. we get such an early sneak peek at Mifuyu too and wow i love her fighting style as well. loved how they did the Seance Shrine and i'm so excited to see how they do some of the other great Uwasas :]
Feb 1, 2020 4:54 PM
Sep 2019
milkclub said:
This episode was neat. Iroha's doppel scene looked pretty good and I like Yachiyo.

My only real problem with this is that Mafuyu's mahou shoujo costume is ugly as hell. Those grey tones and that red ribbon don't go well together and whoever put those things on her hair should be sued for design crimes.

Really ripping on Ume Aoki's design huh, maybe you could examine her full characater design here, here design is actually very good and pairs well with her chakram.

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Mifuyu_Azusa
Feb 1, 2020 4:59 PM

Aug 2018
Snowbodyknows said:
milkclub said:

Really ripping on Ume Aoki's design huh, maybe you could examine her full characater design here, here design is actually very good and pairs well with her chakram.

I've seen that mate. It's ugly. Being a good character designer doesn't prevent you from making mistakes.
Feb 1, 2020 5:09 PM
Sep 2019
milkclub said:
Snowbodyknows said:

I've seen that mate. It's ugly. Being a good character designer doesn't prevent you from making mistakes.

Well I don't know why you think her design's ugly, you're the first person to not like her magical girl, the ties on her hair are great, and that pink, not red ribbon gives off a contrast to her monotone silk dress, her corset matches her being a chakram-user.
Feb 1, 2020 5:19 PM

Apr 2017
There where some really interesting concepts in this episode. I can't remember any other moment where this happened before, so I'm going to assume, it's a first time: We saw two... things (possibly witches?) which fought each other. If they really were witches and Iroha were to be possessed by or hold one to her (more involuntary than voluntary) this would open many new ways to explain the plot from what we know so far:
* It seems like witches are gathering in Kamihama City. Rumors say someone wants them to gather there to collect Grief Seeds, but I see possible other reasons. If what we saw today was the battle between two witches, we might see more in the future, if they are gathering in the city and are generally hostile towards each other.
* If all the witches that gather in the city start killing each other, maybe someone gathers them with that purpose in mind, to get rid of all the witches at once. Although all the witches killing each other might result in just having the strongest survive, so we might get a scenario as at the end of the original Madoka-series. It might as well be a prequel to the original series as Mami is alive, but that in itself is confusing. So in general I have no clue where this is going and I am just guessing.

Apart from that it was a generally interesting episode, i get the feeling it is getting more intense now. I hope the series will follow it's predecessor more, currently it's just a mystery-magic-show with nothing special or Madoka-like to it than the name. It's not bad but for what it has done so far I don't think it will be remembered for a long time in the future.
Feb 1, 2020 5:23 PM

Aug 2018
Snowbodyknows said:
milkclub said:

Well I don't know why you think her design's ugly, you're the first person to not like her magical girl, the ties on her hair are great, and that pink, not red ribbon gives off a contrast to her monotone silk dress, her corset matches her being a chakram-user.

Am I really.

The ties on her hair just look like ropes, not an actual accessory. I don't even get what the dude was going for there. Was he just trynna be weird? And it's not because there's a contrast that it's gonna be a good contrast. The red/pink just doesn't go well with those tones of grey. Her design would've been 10x better if it were black instead imo.

I'm not trynna offend, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
Feb 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Oct 2019
Alright, this was definitely the strongest episode yet - partially because we've stuck in one location for the majority and thus gave the narrative a more precise flow.

Interesting how this "Rumor" copies people - you can tell how in the subtle details that it goes off the individual's memory of that person. Because Iroha only knows of Ui through brief moments of spending time with her, and her stating the rumor of saving magical girls, that is all the witch had to go off of. That's really fucking sad.

What's even sadder was Yachiyo's interactions with Mifuyu. Given what I said, it was easy to believe - and to see that Yachiyo was desperate to do so - that this was the real Mifuyu. What's most interesting about this interaction is Mifuyu's reaction to Iroha.

Maybe it's just the witch trying to get Yachiyo to stay, but I like to think she was still going off of Yachiyo's personality and thoughts, her want of her friend's return. So when this copy of her lost friend is asking, "Who is this girl to you?" and Yachiyo is so broken she can't even MOVE, well, perhaps Yachiyo isn't as cold and standoffish as she initially appears (honestly her behavior seemed to indicate protectiveness if anything before). Perhaps Iroha has awakened that longing for companionship once again, but she's denying herself that at the same time out of pain from the past - thus Mifuyu's behavior.

Given how alone she is now, and how it's clear she still keeps everybody's mugs, we can infer that Yahciyo's team is either all dead or split apart. I'm willing to bet she even knows of the truth of Witches, both she and Mifuyu - as in the flashback they acknowledge that they won't grow up into adulthood, and when Iroha transforms Yachiyo says, "Could this be...?" which suggests she believed the young girl had fallen to despair.

Speaking of whom, Iroha is beginning to get a little reckless. No, like REALLY reckless, and it's because she knows she's weak and helpless - that's what the narrative has been hammering home from the start. And here, we see the result of that acknowledgement in her giving Yachiyo her grief seed, and later trying to fight the rumor whilst proclaiming the desire to help out. It's a little sad, and I hope she doesn't get herself seriously hurt, because then that's on Yachiyo's conscience (her utter terror at seeing Iroha using her only grief seed on her was painful - she really wants to keep this girl alive).

The plot thickens as we see Iroha and Kaede turning into their witch forms, only to be able to turn back. Very interesting, both in concept and design. Can't wait for people to start analyzing the design of these creatures and the rumors.

Speaking of which, yeah, Mifuyu's design isn't the greatest. I'm not a fan of the ropes. But actually I quite like seeing her fluffy robe in motion. It looks good, and gives her a gentle disposition which seems to fit her character, given Yachiyo's haunted, repetitive denial of her old friend's jealous behavior.

And finally Mami enters the fray! She once again showcases her power and composure in just a single short scene with the way she dispatched Iroha's witch and later interrogated the girls. I was afraid she would snap like she did in the OG series, but when she goes to question Yachiyo she gets her interrogation turned on her. I believe Mami recognized the threat in the air, knew she was outnumbered and also that this was not her problem, but theirs. That aside, they seemed quite sane despite the circumstances - whatever was happening in Kamihama, it wasn't related to Mami's purpose in being there, thus her reason for exiting without a fight.

Plus it was never in Mami's nature to start a fight, save for the times she loses her shit when reality hits. Me thinks her morals are gonna get corrupted when she hears of this "save magical girls" rumor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2020 6:02 PM
Mar 2015
Very good episode Sad knowing the missing girls are probably dead
Feb 1, 2020 6:28 PM
Mar 2017
The episode was pretty good, but personally I was sad that Ui and Mifuyu were imposters, it was too nice to think that Iroha and Yachiyo would finally see their loved ones.

The encounters of Iroha and Yachiyo were very different, since in the case of Iroha, she could tell that Ui was an impostor easily, in addition to Ui repeating that rumor about Kamihama, perhaps because of the few memories she has of Ui .
In Yachiyo's case, it was hard to think that Mifuyu was an impostor, she knew many things about Yachiyo, but when Yachiyo asks her what happened to her and she replies that it would take her a long time to explain, I knew she was really an impostor , which turns out to be true when Iroha faces her and this ends in a fight between the fake Mifuyu and Iroha, but it is Yachiyo who ends this.

Iroha's soul gem was already dark and she had already occupied her grief seed in Yachiyo, which leads Iroha to a place where she slowly sank into deep darkness, where another Iroha appears, but with a more terrifying aura, This triggers a terrifying transformation and this ends up devouring the enemy of the magical girls.
Mami appeared in time to stop Iroha, but she wanted to kill her when she thought she was a witch, but Yachiyo intervenes and stops her, but Mami does not leave without sowing doubt in Tsuruno by saying that she should not trust Yachiyo, that she hides something

What the hell was that cliffhanger in the post credits, Kaede was also transformed, I hope that nothing bad happens to Kaede, she is to precious, she deserves to live.

The strange transformation that Iroha had scared me a lot, I came to think that we had already lost Iroha, so I read in the comments this transformation is called Doppel, but it closely resembles what a witch would be, how do they differ?
Yachiyo causes me a lot of intrigue, I hope her past is explored further.
Feb 1, 2020 6:31 PM

Apr 2018
CrystaLyse said:

Momoko and her team were in an entirely different Labyrinth, not at the Shrine where Iroha and the others are.
Feb 1, 2020 6:34 PM

Oct 2019
salbery755 said:

The strange transformation that Iroha had scared me a lot, I came to think that we had already lost Iroha, so I read in the comments this transformation is called Doppel, but it closely resembles what a witch would be, how do they differ?

I believe Doppel stands for Doppelganger, as the witches are, in essence, a form of their host - the manifestation of their darkest emotions. The Doppels are similar in this fashion from what I understand. But they're not fully a witch, which is why the body always seems to be attached to the Doppel.

It's quite telling that Homura and Sayaka's Doppels closely resemble their witch forms.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2020 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
Another set of mysteries, so they can trigger the witch transformation if they're low on grief seed is that it?
Feb 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
The redesign of the uwasa is interesting and I like the angle of the doppel having persistence instead of being a simple superattack.

But most important I think is the post credit scene: it seems like something alluded to by the game's OP, but it's not from the original main story(possibly folded in from the doppel unlock event, if it's not wholly original). They've set themselves up to go completely off the rails at this point if they wanted to.
Ryoketsu said:
There were no runes because there were no witches. What happened to Iroha and Kaede was different from Sayaka's transformation.
The game still put in the witch runes when they show up, though.
salbery755 said:
Most doppels don't fuse with the girl(notice how Kaede dons that mask, but remains separate from it). Beyond that, the relationship of doppels and witches should be explained in the next episode or the one after(depending on how much rewriting they're doing).
Feb 1, 2020 6:58 PM
May 2018
Im sorry i should post this on the ep 3 discussion BUT How is mami alive this is a Spin-Off ar something i remeber mami dying so how is she alive?
Feb 1, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2019
RandomHusbando said:
Im sorry i should post this on the ep 3 discussion BUT How is mami alive this is a Spin-Off ar something i remeber mami dying so how is she alive?

Mami only died at that specific point in the final timeline. This is one of the earlier ones where she has yet to die. Given the synopsis, Madoka seems to come into play later in search of Homura, who apparently finds herself following the rumor of Magical Girls being saved.
Feb 1, 2020 7:31 PM
Jan 2013
milkclub said:
Snowbodyknows said:

Am I really.

The ties on her hair just look like ropes, not an actual accessory. I don't even get what the dude was going for there. Was he just trynna be weird? And it's not because there's a contrast that it's gonna be a good contrast. The red/pink just doesn't go well with those tones of grey. Her design would've been 10x better if it were black instead imo.

"Dude"? Like Snowbodyknows said, Mifuyu's designer is Ume Aoki, the original character designer for Madoka Magica.
Feb 1, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2019
RandomHusbando said:

The universe where Magia Record takes place is more like a parallel universe with an alternative version of the holy quintet. It may be that in this universe the circumstances that led to Mami's death were not repeated. If she met Madoka earlier, for example, she wouldn't be emotionally shaken by having finally stopped being alone just before the battle. In that case she would fight as serious and focused as she always did, and she would probably win. The situation would also be totally different from what happened in the original series if Madoka had made the contract earlier, because then it would be two against the witch. And Madoka would have made the contract earlier in the original series had it not been for Homura's interference, so it is likely that in the Magia Record universe Homura is not doing her time loops or, if so, she is not leaving the hospital yet sooner than she would normally leave. In this case, Homura is in one of the first loops. I didn't play the game, so I'm just making assumptions. The fact is that the Magia Record universe is separate from the PMMM universe.

Polycell said:

Ryoketsu said:

The game still put in the witch runes when they show up, though.

This is probably one of the things they chose to change in the anime. Perhaps only witches have runes, and no doppel has.
Feb 1, 2020 7:50 PM

Dec 2018
This is getting interesting. Iroha with that weird half witch power and that after credits scene. Looks like we’re going to be in for a treat in the next few episodes.
Feb 1, 2020 9:59 PM

Sep 2017
Really cool episode! Seeing Mami was great and the aftercredits scene was confusing. but now im SUPER INTERESTED since yall said it was never part of the game. My only theory is that maybe the Coordinator lady said she was making them stronger but actually is turning them into witches faster
Feb 1, 2020 10:11 PM
Mar 2017
Casul_Noob1997 said:
salbery755 said:

I believe Doppel stands for Doppelganger, as the witches are, in essence, a form of their host - the manifestation of their darkest emotions. The Doppels are similar in this fashion from what I understand. But they're not fully a witch, which is why the body always seems to be attached to the Doppel.

It's quite telling that Homura and Sayaka's Doppels closely resemble their witch forms.

Thank you very much, the doppel thing begins to call my attention more now, I suppose it remains to wait how these transformations affect them physically and mentally, at least with Kaede I saw a small look.
Feb 1, 2020 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
turns out it's a TRAP!, dont go to Kamihama city god damn

this show is keeping a trend of having major end credits
Feb 1, 2020 10:18 PM

May 2018
CREDENS JUSTITIAM YES

Also is that a witch super mode or something? Haven't played the game so it came as a big surprise!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 1, 2020 11:46 PM
Dec 2018
It makes sense that the second person to turn into the 'witch' thing was Kaede, since she's the weakest after Iroha, but atleast Iroha has a strong heart. Kaede is gonna be in deep deep trouble it seems.

Connecting it to Rebellion, it's not the first time we're seeing a Magical Girl using her witch form to fight. We've seen Sayaka doing the same when she fought Homulilly, and Bebe ofcourse. It makes sense Sayaka, side-kick of God learnt such a technique in Magia Record Universe.
Feb 2, 2020 12:26 AM

Oct 2007
Iroha saved Yachiyo from being mind controlled by the shrine. Also she saved Yachiyo again by giving a grief seed. Well, you know Iroha-chan.. if a girl let's you stay at her house and cook for you, then you already have her respect.

They did not even thank Mami! ><

well, if Mami tried to attack the unconscious Iroha.. there would have been a battle for sure. Yachiyo would not allow her waifu to be killed while sleeping.
Feb 2, 2020 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
Generally speaking, this show is more inline with the "Monogatari" series rather that original "Madoka Magica" but this episode was more interesting than past ones, so i guess its a step in right direction, however that Mami part felt kind of insulting because of the lack of any context or mood preparation for her entrance. Honestly it felt like one of those cheap movies that add a famous actor for a minute or two as a "PR campaign" lol.
Feb 2, 2020 2:07 AM
Dec 2018
John_Max said:
Generally speaking, this show is more inline with the "Monogatari" series rather that original "Madoka Magica" but this episode was more interesting than past ones, so i guess its a step in right direction, however that Mami part felt kind of insulting because of the lack of any context or mood preparation for her entrance. Honestly it felt like one of those cheap movies that add a famous actor for a minute or two as a "PR campaign" lol.

Episode 3 post-credits. But I was expecting this; I'm glad anime handled it differently otherwise Mami fans would start rioting.
Feb 2, 2020 2:47 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was really fantastic, filled with a lot of suspense and tension that I love from this franchise as a whole. The action animation was also visually pleasing and was great throughout, too =)

Both Iroha and Yachiyo had their share of tension with Ui and Mifuyu respectively. It's probably the first time that I've seen Yachiyo looking troubled and a bit desperate for wanting Mifuyu back, but Iroha was able to wake her from her delusion before the witch battle ensued.

Eventually, Iroha's doppel took over and the battle reached a brutal conclusion. However, Iroha's doppel was going rampant, so thank goodness Mami entered the scene and took down the doppel with her Tiro Finale attack. =)

The dilemma came along next, where both Mami and Yachiyo traded stern words between each other before Mami decided to leave them be for now. I do like Iroha, although Mami calling her a witch disguising herself as a human is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm just thankful that a battle between the two didn't happen, otherwise Mami would win that one with ease, given their current situation.

What I didn't expect to see later on during the post-credits scene was Kaede's team suffering against another witch. Kaede herself turned into a witch to take down the witch's labyrinth, but with Momoko and Rena unconscious and Kaede horrified, I have no idea what's going to happen to those three. What a way to leave me hyped up for the next episode, that's for sure! =)
Feb 2, 2020 3:09 AM

Aug 2018
Yuhani said:
milkclub said:

Am I really.

"Dude"? Like Snowbodyknows said, Mifuyu's designer is Ume Aoki, the original character designer for Madoka Magica.

Assumed it was a man. Change the pronouns in my mrssage. Would still call her dude tho, that's gender neutral.
milkclubFeb 2, 2020 3:17 AM
Feb 2, 2020 3:27 AM
Oct 2019
I like how Yachiyo can actually talk back to Mami. Homura honestly felt wimpy in comparison but maybe it is because she is younger (I think? Hard to know with the time travel).

I wonder how Mami will fit into all of this. When she found out about the truth about the witches she freaked out but this version of Mami seems more calm even if she still tries to kill Iroha.

To be honest this Mami almost seems a little too mature to be Mami since her immaturity was such a defining quality in the original series which also lead to her eventual downfall.

I guess Mami was a little more mature in Rebellion but wasn't that because she had to take care of Nagisa? I'm going to assume that Nagisa has no relationship with Mami in Magia Record since Mami wasn't mentioned in her backstory (although it would have been interesting).
Feb 2, 2020 3:29 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome. 5/5. 2020 and being meguca is still suffering rip
Feb 2, 2020 3:35 AM

Apr 2015
Fine episode, that was more like it?

See guys, it's still a strong show...
Feb 2, 2020 3:41 AM
Aug 2015
Emelie_ said:
I like how Yachiyo can actually talk back to Mami. Homura honestly felt wimpy in comparison but maybe it is because she is younger (I think? Hard to know with the time travel).

I wonder how Mami will fit into all of this. When she found out about the truth about the witches she freaked out but this version of Mami seems more calm even if she still tries to kill Iroha.

To be honest this Mami almost seems a little too mature to be Mami since her immaturity was such a defining quality in the original series which also lead to her eventual downfall.

I guess Mami was a little more mature in Rebellion but wasn't that because she had to take care of Nagisa? I'm going to assume that Nagisa has no relationship with Mami in Magia Record since Mami wasn't mentioned in her backstory (although it would have been interesting).

Homura has lived around 26 years, its hard to say how mentally old she is though.

Mami isn't any mentally stronger than usual, she just didn't find out that magical girls turn into witches. She assumed that Iroha was a witch pretending to be a magical girl or that a witch is controlling Iroha
ErohaFeb 2, 2020 4:30 AM
Feb 2, 2020 3:55 AM

Apr 2018
Stygian_Prisoner said:
CrystaLyse said:

Momoko and her team were in an entirely different Labyrinth, not at the Shrine where Iroha and the others are.

At the game when Mami was about to 1v3 them while confidently smiling, Momoko came and then Mami fled. The anime also forgot how the group praised Mami about her strength and confidence even without being tuned up by the Coordinator.

Mami is also a veteran magical girl, like Yachiyo.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Feb 2, 2020 4:04 AM

Mar 2013
Iroha's witch form is awesome, i liked how it pecked that other witch to death
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 2, 2020 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
salarx said:
John_Max said:

Episode 3 post-credits. But I was expecting this; I'm glad anime handled it differently otherwise Mami fans would start rioting.

You're right, i totally forgot about that. i guess that could count as a context but the thing is, i'm pretty sure that the old crew are just a fan service and not a real part of the story and they're just gonna come in clutch at some point later on, nothing more.
My problem is that the show focus a lot on the BS boring dialogs and of course the visuals but left the story alone and the only motivation you get for following the story is the addition of OG characters.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

258 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.