Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2020 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Wood....I had a feeling he wouldn't make it in this show by the end. Good night sweet prince.

Idk, this finale had unresolved drama that could be expanded. For what's worth, they could easily add more storytelling for an epilogue.
Jan 27, 2020 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Zen killed the president of the USA... the end was really shocking, that last scene too...
Jan 27, 2020 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
By their logic the show ended, therefore is bad
Jan 27, 2020 6:30 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I don't understand the point of this show. Shock factor? Evil wins in the end? Was this entire detective thriller just an excuse to talk philosophically (and lazy philosophy at that) and to kill the president of the united states? What was the point? I don't need happy endings but I need some sort of closure that shows that watching these 12 episodes had a purpose. What a waste of potential to an amazing premise.
Jan 27, 2020 6:32 AM
Jul 2019
Loved it!!!

The final scene was everything!
Magase Ai is one of the best villains ever made.
Jan 27, 2020 6:37 AM

Apr 2011
The ending was awful, but what else could I expect from this mess of a show? I'm glad it's over.
Jan 27, 2020 6:44 AM

Oct 2017
The worst possible outcome. Zen had to kill Alex and Magase survived. She was a great villain till the end but this was a really frustrating end. We don't even know what happened to the suicide law.
MegamiRemJan 27, 2020 6:54 AM
Jan 27, 2020 6:46 AM
Sep 2017
What a disappointment. The main plot was left unresolved, what happened to the suicide law after Zen killed Alex? Did Zen killed himself or just wasn't able to kill Magase because he is good?
Jan 27, 2020 6:46 AM

Apr 2016
This anime was so amazing. Definitely one of the best thriller anime ever.
Final score 9/10

Jan 27, 2020 6:49 AM
Dec 2016
The ending was very good, The thing that made this ending outstanding not just mediocre is that Magase is the one who survived and got off easily like always, this is exactly what makes her great villain she is mysterious, unpredictable and omnipotent. This work was focused solely on concept of what is good and evil, so its understandable Magases abilities werent explained, since its not important how it works.. If anything i think she is something similar to god. She can change and influence people because shes was born as a being that is naturally able to do. its similar to. how you were made to naturally walk compared to a snake who wasnt.

Author mentioned at the end of the volume there might be something more but i wouldnt count on it.

Sep 2017
Magase surviving was expected, but giving no answers to the actual plot of the show makes me feel like I wasted my time watching
Sep 2015
This has even worse ending than Kado: The Right Answer (from the same writer, Mado Nozaki), look like the creator is very obsess at finding the right answer but he's not there yet (IMO he's actually very far away from the right answer).

But hey! His another story 'Hello World" is quite good, completely different beast than Babylon and Kado.
Jan 27, 2020 6:53 AM
Oct 2019
=_=

I really wasted my time to watch this anime.
Jan 27, 2020 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
What the fuck was that ending. I've never been more disappointed with a show before. There is a lot of bad anime but at least they don't try to be serious and just go with it, but this one tried to be "deeP" too hard, and ended up being just stupid.

It'd have been better if Zen just killed Magase (Who should've actually been in the building) after the President, and then got shot from a helicopter. And no post-credits bullshit scene. That'd have been a perfect ending and saved the anime.

2/10 - Massive disappointment
Jan 27, 2020 7:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uhm... what? That's it?

I really don't get it. Why did he even have to shoot the president to begin with, but more importantly that was such an anticlimatic ending anyway. So much plot potential that they never did anything with and it all feels like it amounted to nothing in the end

I still liked the show a lot for most of its airing but... yeah that wasn't a great ending >_>
Jan 27, 2020 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
This episode had some cool moments (like Zen shooting Alex) but on the other hand all the last four episode buildups ended up almost big pile of nothing! at least slight better ending than Kado tho (or even its last three episodes) but at least Kado for the first 3/4th was one of the best scifi plot I've seen while this show wasn't much solid after episode 2 and still felt worth watching due some interesting moments at times like this episode. But at the end as way too many plot unresolved and galore of plot holes.. shame this show had some good directing moments and soundtrack were excellent too.
Jan 27, 2020 7:11 AM
Sep 2016
I think at the end, Zen had no choice because Alex called him a "Good Man" which meant he shouldn't kill magase while magase called him a "Bad Man" which meant he should kill magase.

Here is the problem that Zen faced, if he killed magase he would be a bad man as he would end someone and he would prove magase was right by calling him a bad man but at the same time he would kill a bad person like Magase.

If he didn't kill magase he would be a good man and he would prove Alex was right about him but he would by leaving magase alive, he would do bad by not ending the worst evil in the world.

Now, killing magase is going to make her right and not killing magase is going to make her come out alive. Former sounds better in theory so it would have been safe to assume Magase was killed but she wasn't as shown in the last scene.

Let's leave that for a second.

Now, we should think about Magase's action as she also followed the same logic(Good=life, bad=end) She claimed to be an evil person and also claimed Zen was also a bad person, she didn't touch him like she did with every other person around him, meaning Zen had a special status as a bad person and Magase didn't kill bad people.

If Magase somehow killed Zen in that scene whom she saw as a bad person, then it would make her a good person because she would end a bad person, making her a good person so this is a reason why she couldn't have killed Zen.

Now, Magase didn't have a reason to kill Zen(Other than the fact she had a chance of being killed by him but I really don't count this as one because she obviously doesn't fear death) and had a reason to not kill him.

So here is my assumption.
1- Zen didn't kill Magase, proving he was a good person and making sure Magase was wrong.
2- Magase didn't kill Zen as well(Bullet shot at the end could be explained with lots of things) and since she was proven wrong by Zen because he didn't kill her like a bad person, it could be argued that she had a change of mind about good and evil.
3- It is possible that Zen and Magase survived, we know Magase survived for sure and it looks like Zen's family is in their hometown, where we saw Zen think about when he was explaining what good was.
Though there are many things I can't explain such as "Well he killed the president, what about him being in jail?" or "the suicide law"
I would love to see what the novel did so if there is one person who read it, I am open to what happened at the end.

Jan 27, 2020 7:14 AM
Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Uhm... what? That's it?

I really don't get it. Why did he even have to shoot the president to begin with, but more importantly that was such an anticlimatic ending anyway. So much plot potential that they never did anything with and it all feels like it amounted to nothing in the end

I still liked the show a lot for most of its airing but... yeah that wasn't a great ending >_>

If he didn't shoot the president it would have proved that the president reached a conclusion where suicide was a good thing(he said he would commit suicide if he thought suicide was a good thing), meaning the whole word would have been convinced with the suicide law so when he was shot by Zen, it prevented him from jumping off the roof.
Jan 27, 2020 7:16 AM
Nov 2016
I'm so disappointed by this ending..Such a shame, this show had a lot of potential...
Jan 27, 2020 7:18 AM
Apr 2016
Well Seizaki's character went to waste. The first 3 episodes were by far the best. All the subsequent arcs took it further away from what i first expected.
Jan 27, 2020 7:25 AM
Nov 2019
Can anyone explain whatever tf happened in last episode?
I'm seriously disappointed.
Jan 27, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2013
I felt like this last episode was either too rushed or just straight up inconclusive. I mean, there was a huge set up for the suicide law and everything but we don't know ANYTHING about what happened next so the first episodes seem useless at this point.
I was really enjoying this anime but making it end in such a inconclusive way was a mistake, especially because it seemed like one of the purposes of this anime was sending some kind of message.
As someone else said, it was also VEEERYYY anti-climatic.
Dunno, just ruined it for me.

Maybe another episode would have solved the issue? Idk I'm going to try to stop thinking about it since theres no point
Jan 27, 2020 7:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Eonlars said:
HaXXspetten said:
Uhm... what? That's it?

If he didn't shoot the president it would have proved that the president reached a conclusion where suicide was a good thing(he said he would commit suicide if he thought suicide was a good thing), meaning the whole word would have been convinced with the suicide law so when he was shot by Zen, it prevented him from jumping off the roof.
I mean yeah but that's kinda paradoxical. If the conclusion he arrived at was that suicide is a good thing then why not just let him do it? Shooting him isn't exactly justified just because of that and murder sure as hell isn't better at the very least. Of course Seizaki is biased towards the opposite end of the scale but meh. It's so inconclusive this way. Feels like almost nothing was resolved in the end
Jan 27, 2020 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
Sorta long ramble here, cause I can’t keep the bottle cap on anymore.

That was perhaps one of the worst fucking conclusions to a mystery / psychological series that I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

What was accomplished? Nothing. What was taught here? Nothing. What was the ultimate point of all that meandering? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Magase’s Quirk....I mean, Esper ability.....I mean, Gifted abil—.....ahhh fuck it, i dunno what to describe. That shit never had any sort of set-in-stone explanation. She’s perhaps one of the worst excuses of a villain I’ve ever witnessed. Whatever bit of backstory tossed in for her is silly and bareboned. She’s not sophisticated, she acts so, but there’s no true deeper intent, just a redundant af ideal about what’s good and evil. She wins in the end and is now probably gonna prey on the mc’s son now, but what was the point? It was so anticlimactic and inconclusive, considering how the series kinda lost its spirit by episode 7. Any visual cues this show are mostly too hollow without much foundation to really have much deeper theme, context, or meaning. Tbh, episode 3 was the point where I should’ve noticed the red flag, due to how the course of the story suddenly changes to chasing some crazy bitch with supernatural psychic powers to “talk” people into suicide. Zen himself was as underwhelming as everyone else in the cast. One can argue about fitting oneself into the characters’ shoes and parallelism or realism, but seriously.......does realism alone always constitute good storywriting? No, ofc not. The one good thing I can take away from the show: the soundtracks, cause they help with adding to the tension (or at least attempts at tension).

If this was how the original source material went, this series was already full of problems to begin with, regardless of bad pacing or not (only 3 LN vol, 2 manga vol).

And people compare this to Psycho Pass s1 or even say it’s better than latter...I can’t really comprehend that, tbh, cause Psycho Pass had a sci-fi dystopia setting whereas Babylon does not unless one wants to consider Magase’s “Quirk”. Magase as a character would’ve been more befitting in a more supernatural setting.

I don’t even want to talk in detail about the redundancy about the numerous discussions about this “good Vs evil” subject. The conversation went from thought-provoking to childish real quick. Was this just more of a leeway for Magase to have her way that easily because a bunch of god damn politicians can’t come to a straightforward and obvious conclusion that was right there in front of them the whole time? I guess so.

With all that being said, the foundations for this show were too weak to begin with. It’s like trying to drive a big luxury cruiser without any propellers or engine. It felt like a show where the brainstorming just stopped halfway.
RyuseishunJan 27, 2020 9:59 AM
Jan 27, 2020 7:30 AM
Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Eonlars said:

I mean yeah but that's kinda paradoxical. If the conclusion he arrived at was that suicide is a good thing then why not just let him do it? Shooting him isn't exactly justified just because of that and murder sure as hell isn't better at the very least. Of course Seizaki is biased towards the opposite end of the scale but meh

You watched the scene before that right? Where the president reached a conclusion that life was good and end was bad, then called the girl to tell the truth but Magase was on the phone and brainwashed him. He even says, If I jump I would be telling that girl a lie to Zen.
Jan 27, 2020 7:36 AM
Oct 2017
All hail Chad Magase
Jan 27, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2018
What a waste of time. That was an extremely terrible ending. The fact they never even explain her "powers" or mention anything about the suicide law afterwards, made it even worse.
Jan 27, 2020 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
I'm honestly still processing the ending of this anime because it's not exactly what I expected, like it fits, but at the same time there wasn't a nice closure, unless you think really really hard and you'd notice that everything does actually fit.

In the final scene Seizaki said ''Evil is to end'' in which Ai replies to with ''sorry then'' and the bang happens. Basically since Ai is evil she did what an evil person would do according to Seizaki, and she ended his life. I don't see any other way around it, the bang was definitely him killing himself. Since we can tell she's alive and well after the ending song. It's just saddening for Seizaki to go through a living hell just to then die the way he did, literally at the hands of Ai. But I guess the good thing he did was killing the president because that way the public wouldn't think he tried to kill himself, and this is all just too ironic because Seizaki did the evil thing here; he ended Alex's life. Which makes you think all over again, so the evil thing to do was actually the best thing to do? So evil can be good?
Jan 27, 2020 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
What. The. Fuck...
Jan 27, 2020 7:44 AM

Feb 2019
Ok, bro, what the fuck? So We lost Kobe earlier and now this shitty ending? I'm sorry, I really am, but what the fuck was that? What was even the point of the past 3 months? I was praising this as a masterpiece and saying it was one of the greats and they go and pull this shit. No answer to the big philosophical debate we had been trying to resolve for the length of the show, the president dies, Zen seemingly commits suicide, this went from a 10 to a solid 6 and it's no one's fault but the writer. He had it all prepared to be a masterpiece and threw it away. I am extremely disappointed. I hate I stayed up to 7am for this bullshit.
Jan 27, 2020 7:46 AM

Jul 2019
alot of stuff don't make sense also they never explained ai's powers, the ending just didn't feel right for me, i did enjoy the ride though so a 7/10 for me to this show as a whole
Jan 27, 2020 7:48 AM

Jul 2017
With all these being said, the negoiation for a hostage of Kaiba Itsuki vs. Alexander W. Wood, President of the USA, with Zen Seizaki at the sidelines.

Too bad Magase is still the villain to catch, and by this point, he has enough of her antics and mindplay tricks. NGL the Bible interpretation of the Book of Genesis in the Garden of Eden is true, but that even is the end of Wood, by the one shot of Zen, the same gun that the President hand over to him.

As much as "suicide" has both "good" and "bad", pitting a person such as the President on suicide row is just insane. Even worse is the explainiation (OR RATHER the interpretation) not done really well, and that's left to the viewer to decide on his/her own.

IDK if Zen's action were to indite the fact that he's been played along in Magase's hands, but one thing's for certain: he has done the "good deed". And Magase has done it all with her intention of "good and evil". And anticlimatic ending ensues...

NGL though, kinda knew that MADO NOZAKI would not found the right answer, and the last arc just proves that he's more than a preacher than a writer. And neither will he in his future works, so please don't be hooked by the premise that he will be working on anymore.

Good premise, brought on by elevating action and intenseness, ONLY to die out at the end. What a shame for such a good story like this.

@Ryuseishun if you're familiar with the figure called Mado Nozaki, it's the same author as Kado: The Right Answer.
KANLen09Jan 27, 2020 8:04 AM
Jan 27, 2020 7:50 AM
Nov 2018
What a pile of incohesive nonsesense that was, despite the interesting initial premise and setting. It had the potential to become a great mystery/thriller like Monster (but obviously with fewer episodes than Monster), where Seizaki would be a man on a journey to find answers like Tenma and Magase would be the equivalent mysterious person that Johan Liebert was.

Instead, the writer decided to go on a tangent halfway and forcefully introduce a number of different and incohesive philosophical concept that he probably remembered that he read in Michael Sandel's book ''Justice'' to sugarcoat his story as a sophisticated one, as well as introducing a bunch of extra unnecessary characters. In reality it was some superficial crap to make his audience believe that the story actually delved into some deep philosophical thinking and contemplation when in reality the whole show only managed to scratch the surface of a number of different concepts without any concrete moral of the story or a satisfying conclusion. Because taking 12 incohesive episodes to conclude all of a sudden that "to continue" is "good" and to "end" is "bad" is not really a conlcusion, it is pure autism and a waste of time.

The only true moral of the story, similar to Kado series written by same guy, is that the author never misses a Monday doing drugs. What a disappointment and waste of a good premise this series was. I can foresee, however, this show is going to create a smaller in numbers cult-like supporter base similar to Evangelion where they are going to tell everyone else the epic meme: "if you didn't like this show, then it absolutely means you didn't understand it" sort of thing.
Jan 27, 2020 7:50 AM

Jan 2020
First and foremost, at this point, there is no and will never be a happy ending (for now just facts, regardless of how anime medium works):

1) President was killed.
2) It was broadcasted to the world.
3) Seizaki will definitely be punished by law for murder.

So, here's the controversy:
good - is to continue; bad - is to end.
Then, why did Seizaki END the president? Well, it's quite obvious, considering that he was trying to prevent president from killing himself after his said statement.

Another point to consider, did Magase at the final scene use her ability to affect Seizaki's mindset? From here on plot could diverge, however one can say that author wouldn't choose something that could be expected, shocking or 'cringey', so for that reason, let's say that after reaching the conclusion, Seizaki decided not to shoot, because ending is evil (Else he wouldn't be able to return to his family (..and of course, he won't be returning anyway but it was still mentioned in anime), as this was the main driving force - his motivation, reason to live another day).

Then what the hell, was it okay to shoot the president but NOT Magase? One way to look at it: Seizaki is still human - by that time, he already had PTSD, which shows that (obviously) it was affecting him mentally, so he chose his own sanity over his obsession with Magase. If Seizaki's psychological health would be crippled, then no matter how much time would pass, he won't be able to face his family. One the other hand, killing president was his own belief in 'justice', as mentioned throughout the anime, to prevent worst case scenario. In a way, justice could be regarded as Trolley problem.

Main question, what's the point of the show? Then I should ask you what is the plot of the anime? Suicide law? No. Suicide? No, because they are only storytelling tools. My opinion is that it is about good and evil (as in, what is Justice, first sin, Whore of Babylon and so on).
Jan 27, 2020 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
KANLen09 said:
With all these being said, the negoiation for a hostage of Kaiba Itsuki vs. Alexander W. Wood, President of the USA, with Zen Seizaki at the sidelines.

Too bad Magase is still the villain to catch, and by this point, he has enough of her antics and mindplay tricks. NGL the Bible interpretation of the Book of Genesis in the Garden of Eden is true, but that even is the end of Wood, by the one shot of Zen, the same gun that the President hand over to him.

As much as "suicide" has both "good" and "bad", pitting a person such as the President on suicide row is just insane. Even worse is the explainiation (OR RATHER the interpretation) not done really well, and that's left to the viewer to decide on his/her own.

IDK if Zen's action were to indite the fact that he's been played along in Magase's hands, but one thing's for certain: he has done the "good deed".

If one thing's for clear, MADO NOZAKI hasn't found the right answer. And neither will he in his future works.

@Ryuseishun if you're familiar with the figure called Mado Nozaki, it's the same author as Kado: The Right Answer.

Come to think of it, I’ve yet to watch that show in full, because I just kinda lost interest after the ep 0...lol. I might revisit it later today or this week. Thanks for the bit of helpful trivia, though.
Jan 27, 2020 7:53 AM

Sep 2017
Okay, killing the president made some sense (if he jumped off the building it would be like confirming that suicide is good, he had promised kanae that he would die with her if he reached that conclusion) and Zen didn't really have much of a choice at that moment. But what about everything else?
He didn't kill Magase, fair enough.
But what about the suicide law? Why Seizaki was the only one that wasn't affected by Magase? Does the book have such an open ending as well?
PhantomEosJan 27, 2020 7:56 AM
Jan 27, 2020 7:54 AM
Oct 2019
I can say that the final episode of Babylon was not what I was expecting in the least, but unlike a lot of the people in the discussion I wasn't too terribly disappointed.

To me this show emphasizes that good can't exist without evil, and the same goes for evil with good. These two concepts are also intermingled together, in a way that can blur the lines we use to define them.

The art style reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock's movies with James Stewart (Vertigo/Rear Window) and it was incredible. Especially that last scene on the roof with the two characters..

The characters weren't loveable, but I don't think they were meant to be. I think the mixed feelings of love/hate for the characters was possibly what the writers had intended.

Overall, with the ending on my mind, I'll rate this show an 8/10. It could have been slightly better with just a bit more clarity, but it was a dark philosophical rollercoaster that should be appreciated as the work of art if is.
Jan 27, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2019
MehmetY said:
Swagarot said:
alot of stuff don't make sense also they never explained ai's powers, the ending just didn't feel right for me, i did enjoy the ride though so a 7/10 for me to this show as a whole

Actually they kinda explained Ai's power. She seduces people too hard so they can't take it anymore and want to die just like how your body can't take masturbate anymore and wants to finish it. Basically Ai's power is super duper seducing.

ye i mean that's what her power is but there's no explanation to why she has it, how it works and so on.
honestly i feel like they should've just ended it without any answer if the only answer we're getting is good is continue and bad is to end.
Jan 27, 2020 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, questionable ending.

I really liked the conversation between Alex and girl and his eventual conclusion that 'good' means 'to continue' and 'evil' means to end is an interesting philosophical conclusion for the questions this show has been bringing up.

I think I can get why Seizaki decided to shoot Alex at the end, it was to save the president's face to the world where he announced he would commit suicide if he thought it was good. Alex was corrupted by Magase's 'power' despite reaching the same conclusion as Seizaki, and Seizaki didn't want the world to think that Alex's true answer was the one with him committing suicide. It's ironic because Seizaki is committing 'evil' in the hopes that the world will see Alex as 'good' despite staunchly vouching for 'good' throughout the whole show.

The conclusion to the series as a whole is very inconclusive, we don't know what happened to Seizaki, given that Magase is alive at the end, can we assume he shot himself? What happened to the Suicide law? We deserve at least one more episode to show us a conclusion.

Overall, despite the abrupt ending I really liked this show. Mysterious, suspenseful and intriguing. The philosophical debates were interesting and made you think about them, Magase's 'power' is overly plot convenient, and doesn't really make sense given the reality based settings but I guess it was a means to bring about the good vs evil debate over making sense in the setting. I guess to that matter, the entire show seems to be more about conveying the ideas of what good, evil and justice could possibly mean with the story just serving as a means to that end. Still a very enjoyable show, absolutely shocking at points and intriguing in others. I only wish it had a more conclusive ending and Magse's 'power' was more coherent with the setting.

7/10
Jan 27, 2020 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
I felt like Zen did the correct thing otherwise the suicide law would fully come in place but dude...

What the fuck did I just watch??? Also Magase appeared again after the ED despite the gunshot, so is Zen fucking dead or did he fucking miss?? If he did missed why didn't he just kill her since he's already fucked anyways, killing the U.S president in front of the whole world like that.

Sure Magase is a great villain and all but I just don't like how a single girl can just kill easily by whispering some words. I thought this was gonna be a legit mystery psychological anime at first until Magase threw me off. I liked how she could make you question reality like how she did it during her interrogation but, her "powers" are just too unreal and would even still be OP if this was some isekai shit.

Oh well, this series was somehow enjoyable for me but am just a bit disappointed.
Jan 27, 2020 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Eonlars said:

I mean yeah but that's kinda paradoxical. If the conclusion he arrived at was that suicide is a good thing then why not just let him do it? Shooting him isn't exactly justified just because of that and murder sure as hell isn't better at the very least. Of course Seizaki is biased towards the opposite end of the scale but meh. It's so inconclusive this way. Feels like almost nothing was resolved in the end

Did u watch the whole episode? The conclusion the president reached was that "Good" is continuing not suicide. He wanted to tell that to the girl but that's when Magase made him want to suicide. He even told Zen that if he suicides now that will be telling the girl a lie.

The reason Zen had to kill him was as @Eonlars mentioned. The reason Zen didn't kill Magase was because it would be "Evil".
Jan 27, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2019
MehmetY said:
Swagarot said:

ye i mean that's what her power is but there's no explanation to why she has it, how it works and so on.
honestly i feel like they should've just ended it without any answer if the only answer we're getting is good is continue and bad is to end.

In my opinion, fictional works don't need to explain some powers, like Okabe's Reading Steiner in Steins;Gate. But only answer that we got is "Good is continue, evil is end." was really not climaxing.

i feel like in steins gate it wasn't as important as in Babylon cause in steins gate while it was important it wasn't used as the main "thing" while in here ai's powers are pretty important cause they cause a lot of major events in the story, i feel like without explaining it ai's powers are just another plot device.
Jan 27, 2020 8:22 AM
Nov 2019
shiro_kai said:
By their logic the show ended, therefore is bad

*applause*

Though I'm pretty damn sure that continuation wouldn't make that pitiful wreck of a show any better, let alone good.
Jan 27, 2020 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
The characters are somewhat standins for philosophical ideas of good and evil. Don't worry guys even the japanese community is struggling to understand what this ending was supposed to mean and some even go read the source material to find answers.

While this show turned out to be a mess as a story it delivered on the underlying ideas. A mystery is supposed to be mysterious and what would be mysterious if you answer the questions at the end without making the viewer develop afterthoughts or theories of what happened, Thats exactly the reason why some people dislike Umineko or DanganRonpa V3, because its essentially a bad mystery because it provides all the answers at face value.

The point of the shootout on the roof was that the president came to the conclusion that committing suicide is to end something and thus evil. Since Seizakis superior and pretty much the most powerful man on the planet cannot be a staple for something evil Seizaki killed him, so he takes the responsibility. He ends his life, which would have thrown into evilness by Magases brain manipulation. In a sense by killing the president Seizaki saves him from disgrace.

Obviously this only makes sense in either the boundaries of the story, because noone irl would actually give a fuck about such philosophies but the president was introduced as the "thinker". Obviously he will take such things more seriously

Do I think Babylon is a good show? No. Because the philosophical concepts are very bland. Obviously they don't make sense to us neither to the characters in the story because they only have impact for the characters in their internal struggles. Do I think Babylon is a good mystery? Yes.
Jan 27, 2020 8:25 AM
Dec 2016
ryuchigrayy said:
=_=

I really wasted my time to watch this anime.

Definitely agree!!!!
Jan 27, 2020 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
The show had a really good start. Then it turned laughable quickly after the 2nd half started. Then the conclusion they found for what is good and evil is ridiculous. The ending for the story itself was OK. Magase's ability is still a huge hole in the plot, which could've been forgiven, if everything else was good. But that's not the case sadly.
Jan 27, 2020 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Eonlars said:

I mean yeah but that's kinda paradoxical. If the conclusion he arrived at was that suicide is a good thing then why not just let him do it? Shooting him isn't exactly justified just because of that and murder sure as hell isn't better at the very least.
Yes that is the joke a bad one but still, it isnt supposed to be justified...Seizaki had two choices:
1- Shoot the president and history will remember this as "that one guy threatened the president and killed him" thus killing things is bad
2-Dont shoot and president suicides which will show the whole world that most powerful figure in the world thinks suicide is good

But yeah the anime was a great watch and the showdown at the end was fun but it still was a lackluster ending
LoneWizzyJan 27, 2020 8:41 AM
Jan 27, 2020 8:31 AM
Sep 2019
Ryuseishun said:
Sorta long ramble here, cause I can’t keep the bottle cap on anymore.

That was perhaps one of the worst fucking conclusions to a mystery / psychological series that I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

What was accomplished? Nothing. What was taught here? Nothing. What was the ultimate point of all that meandering? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Magase’s Quirk....I mean, Esper ability.....I mean, Gifted abil—.....ahhh fuck it, i dunno what to describe. That shit never had any sort of set-in-stone explanation. Shes’s perhaps one of the worst excuses of a villain I’ve ever witnessed. Whatever bit of backstory tossed in for her is silly and bareboned. She’s not sophisticated, she acts so, but there’s no true deeper intent, just a redundant af ideal about what’s good and evil. She wins in the end and is now probably gonna prey on the mc’s son now, but what was the point? It was so anticlimactic and inconclusive, considering how the series kinda lost its spirit by episode 7. Any visual cues this show are mostly too hollow without much foundation to really have much deeper theme, context, or meaning. Tbh, episode 3 was the point where I should noticed the red flag, due to how the course of the story suddenly changes to chasing some crazy bitch with supernatural psychic powers to “talk” people into suicide. Zen himself was as underwhelming as everyone else in the cast. One can argue about fitting oneself into the characters’ shoes and parallelism or realism, but seriously.......does realism alone always constitute good storywriting? No, ofc not. The one good thing I can take away from the show: the soundtracks, cause they help with adding to the tension (or at least attempts at tension).

If this was how the original source material went, this series was already full of problems to begin with, regardless of bad pacing or not (only 3 LN vol, 3 manga vol).

And people compare this to Psycho Pass s1 or even say it’s better than latter...I can’t really comprehend that, tbh, cause Psycho Pass had a sci-fi dystopia setting whereas Babylon does not unless one wants to consider Magase’s “Quirk”. Magase as a character would’ve been more befitting in a more supernatural setting.

I don’t even want to talk in detail about the redundancy about the numerous discussions about this “good Vs evil” subject. The conversation went from thought-provoking to childish real quick. Was this just more of a leeway for Magase to have her way that easily because a bunch of god damn politicians can’t come to a straightforward and obvious conclusion that was right there in front of them the whole time? I guess so.

With all that being said, the foundations for this show were too weak to begin with. It’s like trying to drive a big luxury cruiser without any propellers or engine. It felt like a show where the brainstorming just stopped halfway.

I thought Magase was gonna die in this episode, but nope shes not in any sort of trouble. Did Zen die? Assuming magase made him kill himself with that gun. So Frustrating, i wanted a better conclusion then this. Felt like because of how the show was going ep 12 would be really great but it really fell short. Yea the soundtracks are great there on youtube if you wanna hear them, but overall for me i really liked the 1st 7 episodes but this ending is disappointing
Jan 27, 2020 8:35 AM

Oct 2015
To continue = Good
To end = bad

Then thankgod this show end.
Jan 27, 2020 8:38 AM
Sep 2019
Well not the ending i was expecting.
Absolutely loved the 1st 7 episodes. They were amazing . So Zens dead and looks like Magase is gonna have some fun with his child and wife. I was expecting her to die. Ep 11 talked about the whore of Babylon why set that up when she dosent die? A perfect ending would have been her falling off the roof.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM

» People don't recommend watching babylon! Is it too disturbing to watch?

FarshidBG - Mar 2, 2022

17 by Hikool101 »»
Jan 11, 1:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.