Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2020 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What's with that bandage thing near her lips lol

The humor aside, Eripiyo is making new friends. I mean, she could get along with Rena.
Jan 23, 2020 9:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kumasa running was hilarious haha, seems like there is a new Maina stan, and it's Motoi's little sister, but Maina is still always thinking of Eripiyo, it was good to have more development between them
Jan 23, 2020 11:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show is great at making Eripiyo and Maina moments feel special everytime, i'm super invested in them.

This is very good.
Jan 23, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2019
2 fans already for Maina, she definitely deserves even more fans. Even Reina being her fan too, noone will have the same feeling as Eripiyo has for Maina. Their relationship is getting better and better
Jan 23, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
A new fan for Maina. She needs more fans.

Jan 23, 2020 5:12 PM

Dec 2014
This continues to be fantastic, I love the interactions between Maina and Eripyo. It's wholesome, cute and sweet but at the same time depressing because of what happened last episode.

I cannot believe that staff person didn't even tell Maina what happened let along apologize to her and Eripyo for it.

Eripyo's reaction to Rena was gold and the part where she mentioned she looks a lot like Sorane had me laughing. XD
Jan 23, 2020 5:26 PM

Jan 2011
Maina needs more fans damnit shes the underdog of the group at least she got one new one

seems that Eripyo's love is more wholesome at least for the idol Maina even if she goes way over the top she still respected her private life so the translation for "stan" seems even less appropriate now but they still used Wota so i dunno what's up with the subs lol.

also wtf Staff-san you guys know Eripyo on a name bases this isn't some major group she has 1 fan! how did she not think to tell Maina
Jan 23, 2020 6:41 PM

Jul 2017
So is this show really not shoujo-ai/yuri? Cause Eripiyo has some weird feelings for Maina, Maina seems like she's in love with Eripiyo, Maki has the hots for Yumeri based on the last episode, according to MU it has GL subtext which I guess makes sense so far

And wow, didn't know Maina was into the good ol Hitler stache.

But other than that, a rather meh episode if I'm honest
Jan 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
The lines and voice acting of Yuka are hilarious again.

The Sorane fan's sister is just like Sorane. Hearing this, she drew back in alarm. So embarrassing and he could die. XD

They said the concert was held in a big city, but there is no modern train that has a step at the entrance. Maybe either the train is old and has bulky structure inside or the city has a lot of snow?
Jan 23, 2020 8:31 PM
Mar 2015
Love is so awkward
Jan 23, 2020 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
LOL Rena looks exactly like mini-Sorane. Love that. I love how she's a Maina fan too; all her fans (all two of them) are boyish girls xD

Train scene at the end was also nice, it seems like at the end of each episode there's a dramatic/romantic climax moment and they get just a little bit closer. The problem is still that they're both playing characters around each other; Eripiyo as the "crazed fangirl" and Maina as just an "appreciative celebrity". One of you needs to be more honest!
Jan 24, 2020 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
Seeing the number of replies ITT, I see why /a/ hates MAL.
By far the best show of the season, and the best idol show since iM@S.
My only gripe is the staff not telling Maina that they completely lost a huge package from Eri. Those two absolute dipshits. Maina had ONE fan and she finally got a package from her, they lost it, and didn't even tell her. Plot convenience.
Jan 24, 2020 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
Verty_ said:
My only gripe is the staff not telling Maina that they completely lost a huge package from Eri. Those two absolute dipshits. Maina had ONE fan and she finally got a package from her, they lost it, and didn't even tell her. Plot convenience.

I like it because it is not an idolshow, but a show about idols from the fan side of things.
The staffer girls probably feared repercussions because they f'ed up, so they kept silent. It will eventually come out, but with both Eripiyo and Maina being stupid, inept and shy it will take a lot of time.
'Hey, your sister looks exactly like the idol you love...' kind of rings all the alarm bells ....
Jan 24, 2020 7:16 AM
Jun 2019
Show nearly lost me in the last episode but I’m back again with this one. Digging the new character dynamics.
Jan 24, 2020 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
I still do not understand what Maina wants out of Eripiyo. Like does she just want her as a normal fan? a friend? a lover? Also on the contrary Eripiyo pisses me off. Like you have a chance to talk to Maina as an individual on the train. Like start a conversation with her! how about "Oh I like that dress, I never see you wearing something other then Salmon." And then fucking progress!

That a huge issue I have with this anime is the progression...THERE BARELY IS ANY!!!

Yet I am still drawn to it each and every week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 24, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was great. Glad Maina got a new fan. Thou I'm kinda salty that the staff didn't even mention to Maina that they lost all the haiku strips.
Jan 24, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
If you are telling me this show doesn't have absolutely gorgeous pastel backgrounds you are lying. I'm really digging these.

The hitlerstache that literally noone mentions here was a nice job of edgy comedy without actually mentioning. Especially after it was introduced as "The type of ideal man that Maina likes"... I laughed my ass off as a german. I can't wait for someone getting offended and calling this some fascist dog-whistle or some shit lmao.
Jan 24, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2019
As I thought, the misunderstandings seem a lot more bearable now that I know what to expect.

Also, Eripiyo's fear of rejection/hate was all too easy to relate to.

SoraSenpai said:
Also on the contrary Eripiyo pisses me off. Like you have a chance to talk to Maina as an individual on the train. Like start a conversation with her!

As far as I know, fans reaching out to idols outside of work is not a very positive act. That is kind of where the line is drawn between fans and idols. In that sense, Eripiyo did the right thing.
Jan 24, 2020 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
gak!! i lvoe this!!!
jculture9318 said:
SoraSenpai said:
Also on the contrary Eripiyo pisses me off. Like you have a chance to talk to Maina as an individual on the train. Like start a conversation with her!

As far as I know, fans reaching out to idols outside of work is not a very positive act. That is kind of where the line is drawn between fans and idols. In that sense, Eripiyo did the right thing.

eripiyo is doing this for Maya's sake. If she's selfish she would've interacted with her, and if they were caught together Maya would be in a lot of trouble
Jan 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Rena's looks is really similar to Sorane
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jan 25, 2020 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
Good for Eripyo! She knows the boundary about idols and fans! Yes, this will be a good drama!
Good for Maina! now she has 2 fans!
Jan 25, 2020 12:04 PM
Apr 2019
So we are finally getting a slowburn lesbian romance in a anime which isn't set in highschool and people are sleeping on it?

definitely the most underrated anime of the season

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jan 25, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
LOL @ Kumasa: "You have a real little sister?!" i guess he is in denial for a moment there...lolz
4/5.

Jan 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Sep 2013
It's kind of awful that the staff didn't mention that they lost a present for an idol from their only fan. Although I am starting to get a bit frustrated in Maina never saying anything straight to Eripiyo.
Jan 25, 2020 9:05 PM
Apr 2019
Ok did the staff just never mention about that hakyuu straps because they fucked up? Fuck that shit.

Jan 28, 2020 3:38 AM

Mar 2019
I never thought I'd be watching this , but here I am...

let me just say that train scene was just ugh.. I mean they could've ended it there but I guess that not how story telling goes. Looking forward for more cute stuff like that.
Jan 29, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
OH WELP, GUY OR GIRL, rain or shine, NOTHING stops MC Eripiyo from reaching near towards Maina. And that's still the funny bit.

On the haiku strips part, it's just sad that the staff losing it doesn't get mentioned, it would've been phenomenal, but then again, fanmade presents aren't taken the slightest of cares.

A new challenger appears...or rather, a new fan for Maina! Nice to see the underdog get some love...from another fan, Motoi's sister Rena. Sad that she's getting more of the attention than Eripiyo, but all is well.

NGL the train scene should've been Eripiyo's moment to shine for Maina but she chickened out...definitely not a Yuri moment...what's stopping these 2?
Jan 29, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2015
The slowburn romance between Maina and Eripiyo is killing me, but in the best way possible.

"You have a real little sister?"
"She looks like Sorane"
Made me laugh.
Feb 1, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao Motoi sister Rena looks like Sorane that he really loves xD

Good for Maina that she have new fan and Eripiyo got a little rivalry lol

If the haikus given to maina she will be not that sad in this ep fuck you staff
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 3, 2020 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
A wholesome episode. It seems Maina can express herself a bit more, just a bit, towards Eripiyo. That "Why only one?" was damn cute.

I honestly thought that was Sorane's little sister or something. I didn't really realise it until Eripiyo said it, but Motoi's love for Sorane has got to have something to do with her being really like her sister lol
Feb 9, 2020 2:39 AM

Feb 2019
"You have a real little sister?" lol. Rena sure is the cutest of all the girls in the show except for eripiyo.

Also, I will be shitting on author a lot if eripiyo x maina doesn't become canon.
Feb 11, 2020 11:46 AM

Dec 2016
Verty_ said:

Unfortunately not enough publicity got this anime. No One is even have license this show.
I only know about this anime only because of one post from anime website that showed clip of this series.

Now we can only hope that people like Gigguk will made video mentioning this anime.
I can even imagine Gigguk narration: "When this season started I was thinking that this will be weak anime season because of lack of gems like Vinland Saga, Dr Stone and Demon Slayer... but I was wrong maybe there was no unifying gems of this season (*ekhm* Interspecies Reviewers *ekhm*) there was a lot of hiden gems ..."
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 14, 2020 3:35 PM

Feb 2018
New Aina fans xD...
Feb 18, 2020 10:56 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I thought Reina was Sorane's younger sister when I first saw her but man... and here I thought Motoi was the normal of the trio... the guy got so exposed right there xD

So... are the misunderstandings going to be something recurrent in the series? Because they are starting to become rather frustrating if I'm honest.
Feb 26, 2020 5:14 PM

Dec 2018
Hahahaha Eripiyo honey!! It looks like you are wearing a Hitler moustache!! It looks ridicules!!

Aww we have another lesbian in this Reina! You really like other girls dont you sweetheart!! You are so cute!!!!

A good episode with strong Yuri vibes!! Really curios to see what they are going to do with it!!! Hopefully it will lead to lesbian kissing!!,,YEEES!! Great stuff!!

May 4, 2021 12:38 AM

Feb 2020
A new fan for Maina! Rena is cute. :3

I like the interactions between Maina and Eripyo.
Aug 16, 2021 2:40 AM

Nov 2013
Sorane's simp is fucked up beyond all recognition.
I'm so happy that Eripyo have met Rena and now they support Maina together. Only one thing: Rena is awesome but she is also pretty young to be hardcore fan so she can quit any moment.
I really want to see Eri hanging out with Maina in real life, but i'm not sure if Eri is ready for this. Maybe that's to early in the series but i want they become real friends or partners at the end.
GvendolineAug 16, 2021 3:33 AM
Jan 24, 11:29 AM

Nov 2022
i'm so happy maina got another fan ⊹˚. all of the characters are so wholesome ! (⸝⸝⸝╸▵╺⸝⸝⸝)

eripiyo and maina was so cute this episode, i wish they could tell their true feelings to each other~ they both keep getting the wrong idea ! i can't take it . . . (。>﹏<)

i hope eripiyo will write maina a fan letter at some point so maina can write back ( ˶˘ ³˘(⋆❛ ہ ❛⋆)!♡ i'm really rooting for them !

Mar 31, 11:16 AM

Aug 2019
eripiyo got a rival.... or maybe its maina who got a rival?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

78 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 31, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

25 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 31, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

24 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 31, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2020

26 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 31, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2020

27 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 31, 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.