Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 2020 3:44 PM

Jan 2018
TGAvi said:
raifuresu said:
This show managed to get even more pretentious and ridiculous.

Its shame
Good shows like babylon get hate
And show like kimetsu gets love

So you are saying that people should not have their own opinion and that you are the one for them to decide what's good and what's bad. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Jan 20, 2020 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
So the "whore of Babylon" is going to be judged by "god." It could be interesting to say the least if it happens. Depending on who, or what, plays the role of "god", and on how it plays out of course. As for the talk between the leaders... Well, it was something I guess? Let's see how this all ends. I guess that I'm somewhat rooting for Magase. Nothing about her "power" was properly explained, and her motivations weren't elaborated either, but she is still the most interesting character here to me.
Jan 20, 2020 4:04 PM
Oct 2017
Talking based shows are just the best. No moe, no fanservice, no unnecessary action, no asspull, just a show that demands intellectual viewing and attention. Pretentious or not. It's just fiction because the countries have functional governments.
Jan 20, 2020 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
Ahem putting aside the space backgrounds while they were all thinking,

I don't like Canada's representative! Why they make him look so young and immature. Also the Japanese PM came off as a pussy lol. Uk's representative was certainly headstrong and France's was an ass. I like the German leader the most, he seemed the most mature. I also liked the Italian guy but he was pretty childish too. Guess he just had more charisma to me.
Jan 20, 2020 4:05 PM
Aug 2018
phantomfandom said:
Some of G7 leaders are close to real world... Justin Trudeau's Canada, and former UK's PM Theresa May. Also, the assisted suicide = illegal while suicide = illegal law make the most sense in a world that suicide thought can be induced by whispering a few words, so Germany already figure it out.

I didn't think of that. What if they were trying to make suiicide legal so Magase could kill everyone through suicide?
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 20, 2020 4:44 PM
Jun 2017
Love that summit... the talk about suicide law and the basics of good and evil.

Final episode next week and lets see if the USA preisdent will talk to her...
Jan 20, 2020 5:37 PM

Aug 2018
At this stage, I really have no idea how this is going to end. Damn it, one more week to discover the conclusion...
Jan 20, 2020 6:49 PM

Sep 2019
HikariShoumeiron said:
There's something I really don't understand and it bothers me a lot. I’ll try my best to explain myself since English isn’t my mother tongue.

When speaking about the suicide law, most of the talk seems to relay on morality, "is it right or it is wrong letting people kill themselves?"... those in favor of the law say that "people should have the right to choose"... Why is no one talking about the reasons that would lead someone to take their own live, though?.
I think most of the time, someone who's suicidal is someone who's heavily depressed and thinks that's the only way out, so I think letting people choose in such a vulnerable and unstable mental state is crazy. Also, I've heard suicide survivors say that people don't really want to die, they just want the pain to stop. Why is no one talking about this in the show? Or maybe this has been discussed but I somehow missed it? It’s really bizarre. It would be like debating capital punishment without making a case against it speaking about wrongful convictions.

I really think the show’s at its best when it focuses on Magase and Seizaki. First part of the anime was way better in my opinion.

But anyway, only one episode left and I’m intrigued in how’s it gonna wrap up.
i noticed that too, but i hope they aboard the problem into the personal level in the next episode with the discussion with magase as you suggested if she should do it or not, if not, it is indeed a wasted opportunity to talk about the problem in a face to face matter instead of is it good or bad?
Jan 20, 2020 7:02 PM

May 2013
so it will be Magase vs Thinker Psychological fight hopefully the president wins and change Magase but I don't know they said something about the Whore of Babylon and how she can manipulate kings or world leaders. but please win Thinker. I ship Magase and Sezaki IDK why must have lost a screw while watching this one.
Jan 20, 2020 7:13 PM
Jan 2020
TGAvi said:
Its good episode
You just want action
this is not action genre
Jan 20, 2020 8:10 PM
Sep 2015
eWEQRW123123 said:
phantomfandom said:
Some of G7 leaders are close to real world... Justin Trudeau's Canada, and former UK's PM Theresa May. Also, the assisted suicide = illegal while suicide = illegal law make the most sense in a world that suicide thought can be induced by whispering a few words, so Germany already figure it out.

I didn't think of that. What if they were trying to make suiicide legal so Magase could kill everyone through suicide?

Magase then would be assistant of suicide thus make her action illegal. The term is usually limited for medical use though, because we live in a world where suicide thought cannot be induced by whispering.

Everyone is still died if she decide to do that.
Jan 20, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2018
So the girl at the end is Ai Magase? I still want her to die though, for the benefit of the world and for Fumio, Kuujin, and the girl that got chopped (forgot her name).

Good luck, Mr. President for convincing her what to do about it.

This episode is only about philosophical values. Good throws here and there. But as for the flow of the episode, it's not really that much high before unlike the earlier episodes.
Nainu_Jan 20, 2020 8:28 PM
Jan 20, 2020 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
i figure that woman was either gonna be his wife or Magase (which im sure she ends up being such seeing as she disguises herself alot)

also i completely zoned out during that meeting
Jan 20, 2020 10:47 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! how would they conclude this? is the pres of the USA be hypnotized?
What will Seizaki do? i hope the conclusion is not edgy but and epic open ended.
5/5.

Jan 20, 2020 11:29 PM

Sep 2019
Anybody else getting Evangelion vibes?
Jan 21, 2020 12:41 AM

May 2019
I was afraid this show was going to just start ignoring Seizaki and replace him with the boomer gamer president, but its starting to get interesting again with Ai Magase. Also anyone know if this is getting a sequel or are things wrapping up?

Jan 21, 2020 2:39 AM

May 2018
Imagine if Trump is the president here and Magase wants to talk to him. Wonder how it will turn out. Magase seems upset at the end.
Jan 21, 2020 2:46 AM
Apr 2015
Anime of the year
Haters going to hell
Jan 21, 2020 3:50 AM

Nov 2019
this was the worst episode for sure.
if you're gonna have a philosophical discussion about good and evil it can't be that basic
Jan 21, 2020 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
HikariShoumeiron said:
There's something I really don't understand and it bothers me a lot. I’ll try my best to explain myself since English isn’t my mother tongue.

When speaking about the suicide law, most of the talk seems to relay on morality, "is it right or it is wrong letting people kill themselves?"... those in favor of the law say that "people should have the right to choose"... Why is no one talking about the reasons that would lead someone to take their own live, though?.
I think most of the time, someone who's suicidal is someone who's heavily depressed and thinks that's the only way out, so I think letting people choose in such a vulnerable and unstable mental state is crazy. Also, I've heard suicide survivors say that people don't really want to die, they just want the pain to stop. Why is no one talking about this in the show? Or maybe this has been discussed but I somehow missed it? It’s really bizarre. It would be like debating capital punishment without making a case against it speaking about wrongful convictions.

I really think the show’s at its best when it focuses on Magase and Seizaki. First part of the anime was way better in my opinion.

That's my problem with this anime. It never addresses depression and how it affects someone's judgment.
Jan 21, 2020 5:38 AM

Feb 2019
Damn I forgot it was Monday smfh. Will stay up next week for it. So contrary to a lot of people I really enjoy the philosophical direction it's gone. I still hate that they took that 6 week break which really killed the momentum and popularity the show had, but it's still a masterpiece(barring an horrific end) for me. Glad to see it's nominated in so many of the anime of the year awards on Anime trending as well.

I was lowkey really scared that would be Zen's wife about to jump man, but it's even worse, it's Magase Ai. What is she going to try and convince POTUS to do? Can all of this really be wrapped up in one episode? Will Justice prevail? Find out, next time, on Dragon Ball Z.
Jan 21, 2020 5:38 AM

Feb 2019
TGAvi said:
Anime of the year
Haters going to hell

Preach king, we pushing this agenda.
Jan 21, 2020 7:12 AM

May 2019
The whore of babylon, similar to the antichrist. This will be interesting.

The Thinker vs the Manipulator.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 21, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
I'm sure there are going to be people arguing how terrible the arguments were in this episode, but I thought it was fascinating. Again, the philosophical talk just feels so organic, given the situation.
Who was that character in the final scene? Was it Seizaki's co-worker?

Albi-kun said:
HikariShoumeiron said:

That's my problem with this anime. It never addresses depression and how it affects someone's judgment.

I've heard that mental illnesses are a taboo in Asia, so that could be a reason why. But yeah you guys are right, I didn't even think about it until you brought it up. I feel like the characters could make far more stronger arguments. Suicide occurs because people don't know how to get out. So shouldn't one of the broader questions be: how to help people with the pain?

phynto said:
Anybody else getting Evangelion vibes?

Not at all. Why do you get that vibe?

Gorochu said:
Imagine if Trump is the president here and Magase wants to talk to him. Wonder how it will turn out. Magase seems upset at the end.

Wait, that was Magase at the end?
Jan 21, 2020 11:41 AM

Nov 2019
Stardust_Senpai said:
I was afraid this show was going to just start ignoring Seizaki and replace him with the boomer gamer president, but its starting to get interesting again with Ai Magase. Also anyone know if this is getting a sequel or are things wrapping up?

The next episode is the last one. The novel is finished
Jan 21, 2020 2:04 PM

Dec 2017
for thousands of years greatest minds, philosophers, scientists have beaten the questions of good, evil and meaning of life to death. there is no definite answer to them
what would i get from this fictional G7 meeting, which is just basically author's take on it? throw in a couple ethics problems like the trolley problem and make the world leaders float in space while they talk about it

all talk, no substance
Jan 21, 2020 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
uninstallthegame said:
for thousands of years greatest minds, philosophers, scientists have beaten the questions of good, evil and meaning of life to death. there is no definite answer to them
what would i get from this fictional G7 meeting, which is just basically author's take on it? throw in a couple ethics problems like the trolley problem and make the world leaders float in space while they talk about it

all talk, no substance

And while you're at it, mis-define morality as well. You know, for good measure.
It frustrates me to see this anime fall this much.
Jan 21, 2020 3:19 PM
Oct 2012
I am VERY disappointed in this series so far. It started as a potential AOTS, but the anime went so downhill after 7th episode.

This G7 summit is just a pretentiousness embodied. Discussion made all characters look completely the same, continuing thoughts for each other and what not. It made me feel that author just used fictional world leaders as a circlejerking instrument to redeem his thoughts on the problem. Speaking about leaders, my classmates in 8th grade managed to discuss problems in a more mature way than this abomination of a summit in the beginning. Not to mention they gasp and almost collectively collapse after The Thinker reminds them that they are world leaders. "Oh, right, we forgot!"

Visuals were stunning, but the nature of the discussion made it just feel cringy and unnecessary.

Also, throw a bunch of "Philosophy 101" ethical problems here, because it apparently wasn't beaten to death in 2020.

I still hold a little bit of hope that Babylon will wrap up nicely and cut all loose ends, but my mind tells me that the miracle won't happen next Monday. Sad. It started as 10/10 and was making it's way to become one of my favorites, but just had a stroke after episode 7 and never recovered.
Jan 21, 2020 3:33 PM

Jul 2017
Knowing Mado Nozaki's tendency to screw up in the final stretch of his works, his last written show being "Kado: The Right Answer", I was kinda expecting this to happen, and it did with 20/20 vision.

Plus the eventual reveal of the Babylon in the Bible, that's entirely true in the end cards (Book of Revelations).

The (fictional) G7 Summit was interesting enough to see the Suicide Law being discussed. But instead, as President Wood discusses the "good and evil" of their current actions, the Suicide Law is nothing but a worldview to see the actions justifiable for all mankind. NGL, kinda liked this concept.

But to discuss what's "good and evil" are controversies, much less ironies of one another. Instead of being philosophical, Mado Nozaki has taken the simple-but-inexplainable fact that everything is "supposed to align" together, kinda just kills the momentum that morality "makes the world go round".

To boot, Kaiba Itsuki took a gamble with Ai Magase, the only factor that ONLY Zen Seisaki knows ALL TOO WELL. Will President Wood be like Seizaki's previous subordinates, to succumb to mind manipulation? Hope this ends on a good note, between the Thinker vs. the Whore of Babylon, the embodiment of evil, waiting upon a saviour to save (hence the Bible theology).
KANLen09Jan 21, 2020 3:38 PM
Jan 21, 2020 8:28 PM

Jan 2019
No matter how it turns out, it has been an above average entertainment.

I'm glad a philosophical discussion was presented in this way in an anime, hope the interest in philosophy spreads (and hopefully there will be an end to small talk :D, not likely). I wonder what the commenters here think about good and evil. I feel it to be a pretty touchy subject individually since it shows your current view of yourself within a society (you'd be pretty worried if it doesn't match with your neighbor). You either scale it down to your level and live by it or you scale it up to impose it on others and well, tread carefully or write it under gods name like religion :D

But I have to mention one more thing. I don't think any politician is elected to discuss such matters nor are they expected to be able to, perhaps its this hubris that was meant to be shown in this anime, who knows.
Fade_Jan 21, 2020 8:38 PM
Jan 21, 2020 8:57 PM

May 2017
so the president is in new york. ai is on top of a building in japan and is going to wait until the president comes to talk to her. she's gonna be standing up there for like 16 hours.
Jan 21, 2020 11:16 PM

Jan 2019
This is another one of those shows that started well for me but by the end it feels not so good anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the whole political intrigue and the philosophical questions the show is making. But one of the problems is that this is a 12 episode show.
If this was something long like Monster, FMA or any other long show. I would say: sure, character development, political intrigue and philosophical questions are way better and more important than some garbage filler. But in a 12 episode show they dedicate an entire episode to the US president and another full episode with politician debating good versus evil. All this makes me think that they either run out of ideas and used that as filler... or that they are gonna pull a death note and turn POTUS into something like Near which I doubt honestly.

Still I enjoyed this show so far, but I can't deny it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I just hope they don't ruin last episode.

On a side note: Kudos to the show for the reference to the former UK and current Canada PM. It is kind of funny how at least those two are really similar to the real ones.
Jan 22, 2020 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
smoledman said:
FaaipDeOiad said:
I love how quickly this anime turned in to a complete dumpster fire. Holy shit this is horrible.

Can you elaborate? I thought the G7 summit discussion was interesting. This show makes me feel... unease.

check my review for this show, it should elaborate fairly well.
I dislike coomers.
Jan 22, 2020 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
College Freshman Philosophy Class Lecture: The Anime
Jan 22, 2020 5:53 PM

Mar 2016
Aww fuck! And I liked the President too!
Jan 22, 2020 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
Welp that's Magase. Dirty old tricks lmao.

Interested in seeing how this ends.
Jan 23, 2020 6:56 AM
Feb 2015
Hopefully they don't mess up the last episode! Or the build up episodes after ep. 7 will be useless.
Jan 23, 2020 8:00 AM

May 2015
They try too hard to make it seem intellectual and interesting. But it's simply not. The whole debate is ridiculous, add to this Ai Magase with her special powers and it makes even less sense.
Jan 23, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
The whore of Babylon huh, so that's where the name came from. Ai Magase and Alex's conversation is something I'm really looking forward to. I just hope she doesn't commit suicide at the end. Kill her or put her in jail but not suicide.
Jan 23, 2020 7:56 PM

Nov 2009
I like this anime but the last few episodes have been long winded, I’m constantly waiting for something to happen and it’s not.
Jan 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
"random" japanese woman contemplating suicide demands a conversation with the president of the united states during a summit meeting, prompting the entire discussion to halt

bruh, what the fuck

why are we still here
just to suffer?
Jan 24, 2020 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
pretty obvious that the woman who's on the roof is ai magase and she'll say something to hypnotize the president and then he will approve of the suicide law.

Ten said:
They try too hard to make it seem intellectual and interesting. But it's simply not. The whole debate is ridiculous, add to this Ai Magase with her special powers and it makes even less sense.
agreed lol this show really is something, huh.
Jan 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Sep 2009
Oof I don't know what's even happening anymore...
I mean the conversation between the leaders was really interesting but the overall plot has become rather dull.
The thing I dislike the most is that we'll never get a proper explanation for Ai Magase :/ Her rape talk thingie is just way too weird and supernatural in comparison to the rest of the show, like I mean the shows tries to present itself as a more realistic and grounded series in comparison to most anime but Ai Magase just ruins that completely.

Jan 26, 2020 11:09 AM
Jan 2018
I find it so jarring that there's an entire discussion on what is good and what is evil when you have an objectively evil person (Magase) murdering people for her enjoyment. I wish that things were a bit more morally ambiguous because it seems so pointless to go philosophical on what is right and what is wrong when literally everyone can unanimously say that Magase is pure evil.
Jan 26, 2020 2:41 PM

Mar 2014
lul this felt like an Eva episode 25-26 wannabe.
Jan 27, 2020 3:30 AM

May 2013
Can i ask how many total episode for Babylon? 11 or 12 episode? Cus myanimelist stated is 12 but wikipedia only 11. Anyone know which is correct?
Jan 27, 2020 3:37 AM
Oct 2019
MehmetY said:
@ryuchigrayy Well, this show's adapted from a novel so "only talking" sequences are pretty normal.

Yeah that's true, but still... a little bit more action would have been nice, such as the first 7 episodes.

@singfei there will be in total 12 episodes so TODAY the last one will be aired.
Jan 27, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
singfei said:
Can i ask how many total episode for Babylon? 11 or 12 episode? Cus myanimelist stated is 12 but wikipedia only 11. Anyone know which is correct?
Official Twitter announcing new episode for today...
https://twitter.com/babylon_anime/status/1221749847671349248
Jan 27, 2020 4:14 AM

May 2013
Mayuka said:
singfei said:
Official Twitter announcing new episode for today...
https://twitter.com/babylon_anime/status/1221749847671349248

so its total 12 episode. thanks
Jan 27, 2020 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
PriusKiller2 said:
I went from loving this series to not liking it at all and on the verge of hating it. This episode proves why, the politicians act all black and white on an issue that's treated as morally grey and not something that has a universal answer. And the POTUS who is supposed to be a genius is honestly pretty stupid and found such a roundabout method for getting to what they should've talked about to begin with which was "how do we value life". Also if what they're hinting at is any indication the ending of Babylon is gonna have an awful ending. Psycho-Pass pretty much outdoes Babylon in terms of philosophy because Gen Urobuchi is a much better writer than the original creator of the series Nozaki Kado.
I come from the future. You are correct PriusKiller2 it was...an ending.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

442 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM

» People don't recommend watching babylon! Is it too disturbing to watch?

FarshidBG - Mar 2, 2022

17 by Hikool101 »»
Jan 11, 1:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.