Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 14, 2020 10:50 AM

Nov 2008

I don't think hating any particular genre makes you "an elitist"; it's about looking down on PEOPLE who DO like that genre.

There's really no good reason to go out of your way to make people feel bad about their taste. You'll get NO respect from me if you're like that. >:I

Jan 14, 2020 12:18 PM

May 2018
perje said:
alshu said:

1. So hating MOE (and not it's fans) is a form of elitism?
2. Are you sure that in your first post you aren't describing your older brother or cousin or close relative of sorts? Too much feelings in it.
Also it makes you an elitist because you think you are better just for liking Battle Shounen, Ecchi, Harem, Moe and Slice Of Life.

it easily can be elitist when that hate asserts a superior attitude and arrogant authority. You can't ignore context.

What context?
People are spewing nonsense here...maybe on purpose.

Not sure about those allusive elitists but this forum is full of jerks that's for sure.
Jan 14, 2020 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
All I can say for this is, just leave the normies alone okay.

Also, look at my signature...
Anime elitists in a nutshell...
Jan 14, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
alshu said:
perje said:

it easily can be elitist when that hate asserts a superior attitude and arrogant authority. You can't ignore context.

What context?
People are spewing nonsense here...maybe on purpose.

Not sure about those allusive elitists but this forum is full of jerks that's for sure.

It comes with the homenation of this platform. Just the target audience.
Ayanamihhh said:
Why is this thread still going? At this point we're just rephrasing the same sentence with different words.

Superficial people find joy in creating enemies.
Re:formed
Jan 16, 2020 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
Can MAL mods please nuke these "elitist" threads the same way they did for the ones about Papsoshea?

@Ayanamihhh Just between you and me, am I one of those profiles you avoid? :P

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2020 3:38 AM

Feb 2019
Their way of thinking is just way too different from the norms, it's hard to talk to them about anime you love and they don't.
Jan 16, 2020 5:20 AM

Mar 2017
they are the ones who enlighten the people known as filthy casuals, thus they are needed. but sometimes they shine too much that you really just want to knock their lights out
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 16, 2020 5:28 AM

Oct 2015
They are a myth. People often speak of them but I've never actually seen one.
Jan 16, 2020 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
normies and plebs are way more annoying than elitists. if an elitist is at least making good or interesting points about why they dont like something i like, i'm interested in hearing it. if theyre not giving any good critique then it's easy to just write them off as an idiot and forget about them.
Jan 16, 2020 7:45 AM

Apr 2019
I dislike them. Mainly for the reason that they too deprecates my favorite anime of all time by writing reviews like they're some kind of a hired essay writer tasked to be overly ungracious. They're just.. Everywhere.

Jan 16, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Aren't elitists just some fanboys of shitty anime that type a lot to appear as intellectual?

And I'm telling you right now, If you are going to be an elitist about anime... don't. Like, do movies, or music, art even, something people actually care about, not freaking Japanese cartoons, haha lmao. Just... please don't be that special aide kid, pls don't... eh whatever.
Jan 16, 2020 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
I laugh at them because they flock to their anime like mainstream people do to theirs except they waste their time to write a whole research report on forums. I look at their top rated anime and it's usually the same old Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster etc
Jan 16, 2020 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
I think there are far fewer true 'elitists' than people like to believe. Instead, there are 'elitist anime' that whenever someone makes a point to defend them, they're seen as being elitist.

Sure, there are still a lot of people obsessed with keeping their mean scores under 5 like it means something and that shit on anything outside their taste, but you can easily find these kinds of weird fanboy attitudes anywhere. Just see how many people love to shit on 'elitist anime' just because they're known as elitist.
Jan 16, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
There are barely any. People like to make it a way bigger deal than it actually is, and end up using the term to refer to people disagreeing with them, or having a low mean score, etc.

If anything, the ones complaining about so-called "elitism" are far more annoying, needlessly rehashing a topic that has long run stale.
Jan 18, 2020 3:05 AM

May 2009
Once you ascend, you will realize that even elitists are just basic plebs compared to the enlightened few of Rewind.

Seriously though, we're talking about anime here. You will live a great life if you don't take anything anyone says about it too seriously. 🧠

Elitists aren't real, they're a figment of feeble minds who can't bare it when someone trash talks their favorite anime. The more easily insulted someone is, the more frequently elitists will appear before them.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jan 18, 2020 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
For some time I liked to believe that this guy was the first elitist:

And everybody else was copying him because they all felt like clones of another. It is surreal honestly.

But then (the other day), I found out he got wrecked by this guy:

I found their debate or whatever. Elitists are nothing but a joke it seems. It was very hilarious, the bald guy had his shit handed to him pretty hard.
This honestly led me to believe that to be an elitist you have to have some mental disability or be an edgelord troll.
removed-userJan 18, 2020 3:32 AM
Jan 18, 2020 5:30 AM

Jan 2019
AnchovyPepperoni said:
For some time I liked to believe that this guy was the first elitist:

And everybody else was copying him because they all felt like clones of another. It is surreal honestly.

But then (the other day), I found out he got wrecked by this guy:

I found their debate or whatever. Elitists are nothing but a joke it seems. It was very hilarious, the bald guy had his shit handed to him pretty hard.
This honestly led me to believe that to be an elitist you have to have some mental disability or be an edgelord troll.

DIGIBRO?
PUT THAT ABOMINATION BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO GOD HELP ME!
Jan 18, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2010
whoever voted for "Look at them as a source of reliable info" yall some BETAS!
Mar 15, 2022 12:54 PM

Sep 2020
Normal people with a mean score lower than the average.
Apr 27, 2022 5:21 PM

Dec 2019
People with low mean score who have the same copier-coller, unoriginal, predictable, boring taste influenced by their favorite critic. And I am not one of them, and I do my best to not look like one of them even though I am going to be controversial.
Apr 27, 2022 5:24 PM

Sep 2020
They are actually a necessary evil.
Apr 27, 2022 5:26 PM

Apr 2020
Gatekeeping is more important than ever for this medium.
Go ahead, reply. I'm not going to read it.
Apr 27, 2022 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
I'm an anime elitist so ask me what my view is on the peasants instead.
Apr 27, 2022 5:55 PM

Dec 2021
MisterRational said:
My advice would be to find "critics" who you seem to agree with often enough and use their opinions as a guide to what shows are probably going to be to your liking.

I don't care much for elitism. It exists in all communities and in some ways can bring value to a discussion. But it depends on what they bring exactly. If it's simply a number with the kind of reasoning you'd expect to see from ThatAnimeSnob, then I suppose it's fine to ignore them to an extent.

This is a great way to look at "critics" as a whole.

I tend to ignore elitists when it comes to almost any popular form of entertainment since they typically do not align with my point of view/preferences in entertainment. For me, it really depends on how they present their opinions/reviews.
Apr 27, 2022 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Bane of the anime community's existence.
Apr 27, 2022 6:17 PM

Jul 2017
I find anime elitists to be quite amusing, since they are all self-appointed lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

22 by Ohayotaku »»
10 seconds ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

7 by NubFix »»
13 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

61 by LostSpectre »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

54 by NubFix »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

2 by Lhundrup »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.