Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Apr 2018
Love the action going on. Too bad Overhaul is still too strong for Deku though he only used 20% of his power.
Jan 7, 2020 3:10 AM

Sep 2019
I don't think we neede that first part. After all, it kinda kills the momentum of the last episode. We already know that guy is captured and that they're on their way Nothing is just as important as continuing the good excitement.

Still, thank goodness it wasn't like half the episode of them doing all that bull. Won't deny, that I'm never a fan of explanations during a good fight, but I can tolerate it... for a short time.

Can imagine next ep is going to be more of a banger (hopefully).
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 7, 2020 3:34 AM
Nov 2019
Shirai-chan said:
Love the action going on. Too bad Overhaul is still too strong for Deku though he only used 20% of his power.

Chisaki has a OP quirk tbf, Midoriya is actually doing good on his own.
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jan 7, 2020 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
If the future Nighteye saw is is he and Deku dies then we all know that's not gonna happen. But how? Nighteye has said countless times before "you can't change the future" and some other bs like "my foresight has never been wrong before".
Jan 7, 2020 1:26 PM
Nov 2019
PrimeX said:
If the future Nighteye saw is is he and Deku dies then we all know that's not gonna happen. But how? Nighteye has said countless times before "you can't change the future" and some other bs like "my foresight has never been wrong before".

I think uncle Hori did that to hype the "feat".
Jan 7, 2020 7:09 PM
Nov 2016
PrimeX said:

Because of... reasons... (aka: Plot Armor)

Personally that's my only complaint about the plot, my other complaints are about the animation, choreography, direction, etc...
Jan 7, 2020 7:13 PM
Nov 2019
xZabuzax said:
PrimeX said:

Because of... reasons... (aka: Plot Armor)

Personally that's my only complaint about the plot, my other complaints are about the animation, choreography, direction, etc...

They will properly explain that effect of Foresight later.
Jan 7, 2020 9:07 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Great episode!! Sir------------!!
がんばれ、えりちゃん!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2020 9:32 PM
Mar 2019
Lol wtf was that slideshow mid battle? Was worse than One Punch Man Season 2

Watching this was disheartening when I remembered the movie Akira was released over 30 years ago and has 100x better animation. Yikes

Good story so far though I guess? The entire season is about saving one girl and stopping the mass production of a serum that removes quirks? Kinda underwhelming to be honest.
Jan 8, 2020 11:29 AM
Jul 2014
xkazutox said:
The pace of the episode has not improve. Still bad execution.

Man, they seriously need to stop doing the flashback to learn the situation of the other heroes, I seen this way too many time to be needing a reminder. Also, stop reintroducing the villain that we already know in multiple previous episode. Stop dragging on time and get the the main scene.

The more I watch Deku, the more I hate him. Bro, you got to the scene. You had only 2 freaking options:
1) Grab Mirio and Eri and run.
2) Stay and fight Overhaul with Nighteye who doesn't possess a quirk that boost his physical power.

BUT NO, he decided to go with neither after checking the situation. Fight Overhaul not with his full power. He stay near Eri, hesitate with his long narration then see Nighteye got beaten and freak out. Base on the prior season of what the student learn in the academy, there is an episode where they do rescue training for class activity. But in reality, Deku fail to execute that. Mirio, on the other hand, did his part and take Eri away as the top 1 student even after losing his quirk. When Deku come back to fight Overhaul again, he need to get into the mood in order draw out his power. His chara is weak to the point is annoying.

AOTY? Absolute Not
Anime of 2019? No either.
TheAnimeMan didn't even bother mentioning this series on his video for the top anime of the decade.

Meanwhile every other YouTuber and blogger did so he was just being a contarian just like what you're doing now.
Jan 8, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
ElGoblino said:
People saying animation was godly when it was not. Literally the only thing worth mentioning about the animation is the Overhaul transformation and then only the impact of Deku's kick when the ground shaters (Yutaka Nakamura cut) so like 1/2 sec cause the kick itself before hitting was just a still with some smears here and there.
Next epsisode is probably where it's going to shine though, it will still not be anything to write home about from what I saw in the PV.
It's easy to tell when a show doesn't really shine in the animation department when sakugablog doesn't even have at least 1 article written on it especially for a popular show like this. FGO for example already had like 3 or 4 written, same with Mob Psycho when it was airing multiple articles, not sure why Bones can't have the same quality as Mob for this but oh well.

Fr tho...at least they will give us one well animated episode this saturday tho
Jan 8, 2020 5:29 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Devil_Food said:
xkazutox said:
The pace of the episode has not improve. Still bad execution.

Man, they seriously need to stop doing the flashback to learn the situation of the other heroes, I seen this way too many time to be needing a reminder. Also, stop reintroducing the villain that we already know in multiple previous episode. Stop dragging on time and get the the main scene.

The more I watch Deku, the more I hate him. Bro, you got to the scene. You had only 2 freaking options:
1) Grab Mirio and Eri and run.
2) Stay and fight Overhaul with Nighteye who doesn't possess a quirk that boost his physical power.

BUT NO, he decided to go with neither after checking the situation. Fight Overhaul not with his full power. He stay near Eri, hesitate with his long narration then see Nighteye got beaten and freak out. Base on the prior season of what the student learn in the academy, there is an episode where they do rescue training for class activity. But in reality, Deku fail to execute that. Mirio, on the other hand, did his part and take Eri away as the top 1 student even after losing his quirk. When Deku come back to fight Overhaul again, he need to get into the mood in order draw out his power. His chara is weak to the point is annoying.

AOTY? Absolute Not
Anime of 2019? No either.
TheAnimeMan didn't even bother mentioning this series on his video for the top anime of the decade.

Meanwhile every other YouTuber and blogger did so he was just being a contarian just like what you're doing now.

There's a reason why I mention his name, it just to show how biased the the crunchyroll award was earlier this year.

As for tell me for being contrarian, I would like to disagree on that since I do find part of it enjoyable. I just personally don't like Deku since I started this series mainly for All Might. He's out of the picture after S3 sadly.

I find you're defending this season like others to the point of disregard of the flaws as if you're saying: "If the series is popular, it's okay for the quality to drop and claim it as godly animation AOTY" This happened prior the S4 release with the hype even starting out with ep 1 recap calling it's good. And now we're here see the full picture. I'm not saying MHA is bad. It's good but it doesn't make sense to me when people said it godly better than other anime in 2019.
Jan 8, 2020 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe i've seen this....after so much! Finally, Midoriya fought Chisaki!

A very sad and tragic episode, but that ending! It's the 2nd episode where the ending give us hope! Especially now with even more reinforcements and the name of the next episode!

This anime and this episode...have been absolutely 10/10.
Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 9, 2020 4:31 AM

Aug 2016
It's funny cause narratively speaking this is gonna be the strongest season yet, but it often ends up feeling like the weakest from a pure anime POV. I really hope they went full budget next week, super excited. (This ep was good though just generally speaking)
Jan 9, 2020 8:09 PM

Sep 2018
Nighteye!!!! Why???!!!!
Overhaul is brainwashing Eri 😞 Eri feels guilty but so many people already get hurt! She should escape and be safe!!!
Jan 10, 2020 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Why they gotta do Mirio like that tho
Jan 12, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
DragonIncursio said:
Comander-07 said:
Im sorry but have you never watched BNHA? Deku and All Might had it at the same time. All Might was running out of time to use it even before giving Deku the quirk. Have you never seen the first seasons?
All Might can even move briefly to his quirk form now. Weird. Seems like you really havent watched it.

And there is an even more obvious solution. Deku should just man up and give Mirio the quirk even if it means he loses it (which it doesnt but since you arent familiar with this show we have to go from there)

Soo why did he lose the power then?? If two people can hold it
and another one who never saw any season of BNHA. All Might was already gradually losing his power after his injury.

ALSO I LITERALLY POINTED TO ALL MIGHT USING HIS QUIRK FOR A SECOND AFTER HE PASSED IT DOWN

Ffs why dont people ever know anything they are talking about
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 12, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2016
The animation was fun, but the pacing is all over the place.
At least is not Kimetsu No Yaiba ep19 levels of deux ex machina.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2020 11:34 AM
Apr 2015
Comander-07 said:
DragonIncursio said:

Soo why did he lose the power then?? If two people can hold it
and another one who never saw any season of BNHA. All Might was already gradually losing his power after his injury.

ALSO I LITERALLY POINTED TO ALL MIGHT USING HIS QUIRK FOR A SECOND AFTER HE PASSED IT DOWN

Lol you just said it's not like only one person can have one for all. Mirio having OFA would be boring and un interesting to say the least
Jan 12, 2020 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
They discovered that Overhaul destroyed Mirio’s quirk, well I was waiting for them to discover it. I don’t really know why, but these episodes and fights don’t seem impressive for me, I’m not excited at all, and despite I care (at least a little) for Mirio, I feel nothing for Nighteye, maybe its me or the anime didn’t develop his character to make me care for him. Overhaul kind of explained his reasons with Mirio, similar to Stain, and being honest, one of the best reasons, finish with people’s devotion to save, he said Mirio is sick of it, well, we understood.
Jan 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
Really glad to see MHA back in shape. These last few episodes have brought the show back to its usual good self.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 16, 2020 7:48 AM

Sep 2014
DragonIncursio said:
Comander-07 said:

Lol you just said it's not like only one person can have one for all. Mirio having OFA would be boring and un interesting to say the least
are you dumb? Yes I just said more than one person can have OFA. (Its NOT like ONLY ONE person can have OFA)

Cool nobody cares
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 16, 2020 9:38 AM
Apr 2015
Comander-07 said:
DragonIncursio said:

are you dumb? Yes I just said more than one person can have OFA. (Its NOT like ONLY ONE person can have OFA)

Cool nobody cares

It's not happening either way lol Mirio is quirk less for now. He's not the MC nor do alot if people actually want too see him with OFA
Jan 24, 2020 8:39 PM
Jul 2014
theres so much to unpack here.....

i think if anyone can change fate, it's deku. the thing about nighteye's quirk too is that the future he sees is that of the person's he's reading's point of view. since he read overhaul's future, of course overhaul thinks he's going to win and escape while nighteye and deku die. i think nighteye believes in his quirk too much, which in turn causes them to g=come true because he gives up trying to change it.

the look of defeat deku had when eri said she didn't believe in him must HURT like BITCH i know you're like 5 and are scared and shit but PLEASE gtfo and stay with mirio or at least hide goddamn

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh and i understand eri chan feels guilty because of overhaul constantly telling her its her fault that people die but CAN SHE PLS JUST BE HELPFUL TO THE HEROES AND LISTEN TO MIRIO LIKE PLEASE?????????

i'm really hoping for the next episode to be the last one of this fight since the second round of heroes have arrived on the scene lmao

hoping eraser head is okay, too
Jan 25, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
Oh no kind of disappointed back up arrived, wanted a longer solo Deku vs Overhaul fight, hopefully we still get to see more of these two clash.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 12, 2020 8:53 AM

Nov 2017
This anime has had a real problem ever living up to S2. The author and editor seem to be desperate to find a storyline that can fit the popularity and hype.

All of the writing comes off as desperate at this point. To make so and so character or so and so situation feel real for people.

To make Eri this important character they've gone through all this stuff, yet I still don't see why I should care about her, or anyone else in this series.

Frankly I can't wait for the villains to take over and set up shop. They at least have real pathos. I can understand where they're coming from, they're the minority. Their claims seem legitimate. The heroes meanwhile have grown fat on top, they increasingly come from elite schools. They believe in their self worth and superiority.

The writing in this series is so damn piss poor.
Feb 19, 2020 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
2 heroes get giant rocks pierced into them and they are still alive? What? That is pretty dumb.
Feb 27, 2020 5:38 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf :O Nighteye lost!
Mar 18, 2020 6:35 PM

May 2013
Aye, squad up again ;D

Mannnnn. Deku can't even control 20% of One For All? He needs to get All Might's body. You a lil squirt still lmfao

Eri-chan so smol ;A;
Apr 7, 2020 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
So we got to see what happened before Midoriya and Co. crushed through the wall to Mirio and Overhaul. Seems like Lock Rock is just worried about the kids, even if they showed how strong they truly are.

So Twice and Toga want to use the situation when both sides heroes and yakuza are finished.

Damn that Chronostasis quirk is also pretty op. Of course you have to get hit but that attack was very fast so idk if you could always avoid it. Eraser is definitely out of the game for now.

Overhaul looks so terrifying after he fused. All injuries he got from Mirio are healed and with 4 arms it seems so much harder to bring him down. But I'm impressed, he admitted that Mirio was stronger as him.

They also showed a little flashback where Sir Nighteye had a conversation with Gran Torino. This again displays how guilty and desperate he feels. Against the stronger Overhaul he had absolute no chance. Also Deku with 20% use of One for All didn't made any difference. The manipulation stars again and Eri again wants to go with Overhaul to rescue Deku and Co. I can undertand her feelings. She doesn't want that anyone get hurt because of her but on the other side Deku, Mirio and everyone who came also don't want that happen to her.

I didn't expect that ending with Ryukyu breaking through the ceiling.

Apr 7, 2020 7:42 PM

Mar 2020
Ok this fight is starting to get dumb. Would've been way better if Lemillion smoked him 1v1 and they both died. We don't need to see Midoriya in every big fight crying about friendship.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2019
Damn,this is true despair.I don't want anyone to die!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 13, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2016
Overhaul really has no regard for anyone's life except for himself. He immediately dismantled his brainwashed aide so he could make himself a lot stronger and he had no problem restoring Eri's body the moment she couldn't handle getting experimented on so they could repeat the process in an instant...

Everyone's all severely injured and it looks like the only way for them to deal some real damage to his enemy is by having Deku use One For All's full power. This is a really tough situation they've all found themselves in.

Jul 4, 2020 9:28 PM
Apr 2016
i'm so worried about deku i have bout 30 heart attacks when he fights lol
Jul 30, 2020 10:30 PM
May 2020
Well everything went bad.

Hopefully they can turn the tables...
Sep 26, 2020 4:07 PM
Nov 2015
Deku has grown so much.
Oct 2, 2020 7:25 PM
Feb 2019
I'm finding myself really disinterested in this episode. Deku will win the fight and save Eri, blah blah etc. For some reason I'm just not excited to watch this fight, maybe it's because I don't care about most of these side characters that much. Hopefully this is the last episode of this and we can move on to a new arc.

Way too many still frame flashbacks. Hurry up and get to the point of the episode. Save Eri and Lemillion and gtfo.

So Rocklock was being a prick to the kids because he was worried about them. Cool. He's still annoying and needs to shut it.

Even though I kind of hate Toga, she and Twice are kind of cute together.

Chrono waking up and getting Eraser was just convenient b.s. to make Midoriya get a bit of one on one battle with the yakuza boss. Honestly it's kind of sad that the One For All successor and two pro heroes couldn't finish him off when Mirio managed to almost do so on his own.

I will hate it if they kill off All Might and don't do it right. He's one of the best characters.

Midoriya is still pretty pathetic against bosses. Is One For All really that weak, or does Midoriya just suck that much? Mirio combined technique with his Quirk to get that far, but Midoriya couldn't handle head-on fights with the amount of OFA he could safely use. If OFA was really so powerful, 8% should still get Midoriya farther than it does. All Might seemed limitless but maybe that was part of the act.

Did they really just kill off Nighteye? How is Midoriya going to get stronger without him? What?

Great, Midoriya got stabbed. Apparently his mother didn't have to sign off on his apprenticeship thing. I thought he was gonna play it safe until graduation to keep her from pulling him out of school. Guess All Might's gonna smack him again if he pulls through this battle.

On, Dragon Squad is here. I guess they can save everyone. Maybe Nighteye will survive after all, somehow.

That preview makes it look like Midoriya's gonna bust himself up again. Maybe he's strong enough to handle it now, but didn't he get told he would be permanently damaged if he overdid it again? If 20%'s straining him 100% can't be sustainable for long at all.

BlufaceBaby said:
We don't need to see Midoriya in every big fight crying about friendship.

Friendship power is pretty much a required trope in shonen, isn't it?
uwotnowOct 2, 2020 7:35 PM
Nov 3, 2020 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
So Nighteye should be dead if this was any remotely realistic right?
Nov 10, 2020 4:35 AM

Mar 2015
What an insane episode, and the soundtrack was awesome!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 17, 2021 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
Oh no... everything is in shambles.
Feb 27, 2021 4:02 PM

Jun 2015
Fear not all you random posting retards, Im bust binging the the show and given so much relatedness I read while working out which thread to post to after whacking an episode it looks like the next season is going to be really wild.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 4, 2021 7:31 PM

May 2018
My husbando has been horribly wounded!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 6, 2021 12:28 AM

Jun 2013
The characters are badass.

Sir Nighteye sees the future wherein Deku will die, but the future can change. They will win this battle. :)
Mar 15, 2021 1:26 PM

Feb 2019
No, I refuse to believe Sir Nighteye is dead.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 31, 2021 1:35 PM

Oct 2020
It was so close!!! Just a step away. If Confession and Chronostasis never woke up. They just got the heroes in time. But it is good that Deku is on his best again. Everything here only motivates him. Took a lot damage which is bad. Toga is after these blood samples. But now there is no bound on him.

I don't know what Sir Nighteye saw. But it seemed like he choosed a future and saw that particular one. Maybe there are more possibilities. If taken he may have seen different things. I think Deku is changing the future somehow. Just I will like an explanation of this if it happens.

Things are a little bit different now.
Apr 14, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2020
Now I'm expecting Deku to save the day with his friends and other pro heroes (like every time when there's an overpowered villain that there's no way he'll be able to defeat).
3099Apr 14, 2021 11:00 AM
May 11, 2021 5:19 AM
Sep 2020
They finally got there Nighteye , Midoriya and Aizawa are here to help !!!

Very well done episode, I enjoyed it fully !!!! I cant wait for the next one!!
May 19, 2021 8:26 AM

Jun 2020
Omg when Nighteye hugged a completely beaten Mirio (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) UWU!!!!!!!!!!

Kurono ♡__________♡ thank you for removing that mask, thank you.....

Lol @ “VIP room”

Mirio (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) And I don’t think Nighteye is going to die right since nobody important ever dies, so far. Doesn’t look like it’s game over for him in the preview. How is he going to survive that tho lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
Fused Overhaul looks terrifying tbh. Poor Eri...she's been abused for so long by being disassembled and reassembled again and again :'(

Please don't kill Sir Nighteye D:

Animation is lacking but this arc is so interesting it covers up for it.

Ryukyu to the rescue??

Oct 28, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2021
Kenjiro Tsuda proves yet again why he’s such a perfect voice for Overhaul.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

237 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 17, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

468 by jumbosan »»
May 16, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

159 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

226 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

129 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.