Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 29, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2018
Kills said:
Ten said:
I find it hard to care about anything in this show anymore.
you didn't give out any reasons so I am preassuming coz of the delays of this show. I advise you to watch it later.
DavidPavel said:
I don't know man, marijuana it's one thing, killing yourself is another...
I know it's hard to understand. but for me, it's more or less the same thing. the only difference is marijuana kills you slowly & the other kills you instantly. though by passing the suicide law, the people won't be looking it from a disgusting point of view. people will know that it is a choice & will do everything in their power to do what they want. I am from a 3rd world developing country in our culture it's really hard to talk about suicide. because in our culture people see it as a disgust. they don't want to talk about it, don't even care mental health is an issue. & that's what blows it up. So I grew up in this mess & I know what it feels like I used to think I'll kill myself one day or another coz at that time I didn't have much of a choice coz of bad parents & their bad guidance in life. but then my thought process did a complete a 180 turn & I accepted suicide as a choice & just like Alexander W. Wood I am trying to give my 100% to do everything in my power to see if I can make it & guide my own children (if I ever be able to make & afford one) the life I wanted, the guidance I craved for from my parents. so this is from my personal experience When you know it's a choice you'll be able to live life much easier than before. & this is the reason why I think this Suicide law should be a thing. it will mitigate us from one less thing to worry about.
TheFlyingOrange said:
An issue I'm having with this series is the fact that in real life, the legalization of suicide (not including assisted suicide) is legal in many countries and states. It's making the issue seem relevant, and if it was talking about assisted suicide legalization or just a straight mystery with Magase that would probably work fine
IDK why did you write "many countries" because only a handful of countries & states (for example Belgium, Canada and Switzerland) allow voluntary euthanasia as of 2019 in some form or other. & Different countries have different euthanasia laws. which is quite different from what is being depicted by the anime. the issue is quite relevant. In many 3rd world countries - such as Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India - support for active euthanasia is almost non-existent. it is a hot topic over the globe. & IDK why do you think it isn't the US thing coz assisted suicide remains illegal in a majority of states across the nation. (according to wiki) & it is even worse in 3rd world countries. in our culture, we can't even talk about it. it's a topic of shame.
TheFlyingOrange said:
but since the act of suicide is legal in numerous areas, the way the US and other countries are reacting is unrealistic to me.
See this is where you got it wrong, this whole show isn't talking about assisted suicide. it is talking about taking your own life in general, i.e. Euthanasia with or without the help of a physician. (btw in this show they are talking about a pill which has their own pros & cons. ╮(╯_╰)╭) it is about choice. The way the US is reacting is a pretty realistic depiction to me coz now the USA is not talking about assisted suicide it's talking about legalizing Euthanasia which is completely illegal in the USA & quickly getting legal in neighbouring countries. which is a major cause of concern for them. economically & morally. personally I think it should be Human right to end their own life. but whatever.
TheFlyingOrange said:
The show wants you to think about these complex issues with complex characters, but with this episode, I'm worried that the writing's focus on complex ideologies is going to get in the way of just telling the story in a way that makes sense (especially with themes). Overall, I hope the story ends in a way that ties everything together, but I guess we'll just have to see.
I agree, but the ideologies are the part of the story after seeing this episode somewhere in my mind I felt the same & to be completely honest with you, I never thought this anime would be any good but the last 3 episodes made me rethink my evaluation. let's hope.

& forgive me, I know all this is confusing due to my lack of better wording. also, I am not good with my English so be sure to point out any grammatical mistakes you found while reading this post. it's gonna help me improve my English.

It's cool, and that's honestly pretty interesting. I was thinking more of this page on suicide legislation tbh. I apologize for my lack of clarification, but I meant that assisted suicide is mostly illegal. I was thinking that the act of suicide, not including assisted suicide, was legal, and that the show itself was addressing that more than euthanasia/right to die/assisted suicide. Now that you bring that up, though, it does make sense that the type of suicide it addresses is assisted due to the involvement of Magase (and you are correct in that that is a hot topic, I guess I took the suicide law in the show to mean more the act of suicide rather than the right to die/euthanasia). I'll definitely research and think about that more and probably revise my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out.
As for the US' reaction to it, I just thought it was a little dramatic I guess, but I guess that makes sense in a thriller series. Also, I agree that the suicide law should be a thing and it's cool that the show is making the viewer think about it (it has certainly prompted me to think more about it), it's just weird to me that the representations of the themes of choice and right to die, the politician and Magase (mostly her tbh), are made the antagonists of the show while the protagonist opposes the law, which makes it almost good vs evil when the point of the show is to get the viewer to think about a grey area. Anyway, thanks again and lmk if you have any other thoughts!
Dec 29, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2019
Those crocs tho lmao

I was wondering what role Alexander was going to play in the story. I kept wondering what job he had that allowed him a stable living while also giving him the free time to vibe in a park.

Presidency, i guess lol.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 29, 2019 7:00 PM
Mar 2019
IMMABEAST said:
episode 9 is scheduled on monday 6.1 8 days from now. After that every episode each monday so were cucked bet at least 3 more delyas are going to be a thing

Well, it was regularly a Monday release before the break. So, I figure they'd go back to Mondays naturally.
Dec 29, 2019 7:59 PM

Jan 2017
Would've never in my entire life expected to see Hartford CT mentioned in an anime lmao. Wild.

Also, I like that Alex's son bought a pair of Carmine VIs in that store.

Interesting build-up episode otherwise, I wonder how this all comes back to putting Seizaki in the central seat.
Mendokusai
Dec 29, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2015
Finally!!! After long weeks of painful waiting... it's here!!!

This was a nice transitory refresher after all that happened with the underlying plot still in constant progress. It feels like the story is growing more layers with the core still intact.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
RUNESCAPE WIFE HOLY SHIT
moe moe ichijou seiya

Dec 29, 2019 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! that ED music of Episode 8 was superb!
who would have though the President of the United States of America in this show is an addict MMORPG player! and the players don't even know that the man behind "AWW" player name is one of the most powerful persons in the planet...lolz
looks like this is gonna be a new arc!
5/5.

Dec 29, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
i totally expected that lol

i mean, alex had such a long intro and backstory that i knew he had to be of some importance. i feel like hes gonna approve of suicide law in the USA and then shit's gonna go down.

i love it. welcome back, babylon.
Dec 29, 2019 9:50 PM

Feb 2014
Damn this show really like to flaunt women. Everytime I see a woman introduced, I feel terrified. Really dangerous and calculating.
The moment the President met his girl, he knew she was superior than him. No wonder she lead him where he is now. Every successful man has a woman behind him. And if that woman is terrifying as Magase, then you could conquer the whole world.

This episode also details its concept on terrorism so simply. The act of firing missiles isn't dangerous as the act of turning one's ideology.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 29, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2014
Mayuka said:

i mean, alex had such a long intro and backstory that i knew he had to be of some importance. i feel like hes gonna approve of suicide law in the USA and then shit's gonna go down.

Though that was expected. Never did I wonder he'd be the President. Rather a doctor or a scholar.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 29, 2019 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
dasprn said:
Mayuka said:

Though that was expected. Never did I wonder he'd be the President. Rather a doctor or a scholar.
i just had a good feeling he would be related to the government somehow haha
Dec 30, 2019 3:21 AM
Jun 2019
Is no one going to address the bloody page with nails, skin and F's written all over it? What was that all about? I thought it would become a focus of the plot, but in retrospect it just seems like a cheap gimmick, something scary just for the sake of being scary.
Dec 30, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2018
[quote=Daniel_Naumov message=58883276]Anyone not well-experienced enough to think this is going internationally - you are wrong. It has gone internationally. Now FBI connects Seizaki to the Alexander the Great and together they will take Magase Ai down. Do not go ballistic just yet. Watch carefully and think before raging.
Kills said:
Ten said:

& forgive me, I know all this is confusing due to my lack of better wording. also, I am not good with my English so be sure to point out any grammatical mistakes you found while reading this post. it's gonna help me improve my English.

Terribly sorry but I am not going to read this just to point our your mistakes sir.
Mori-dono said:
fucking christian morality. this shit that western societies were build on don't allow even think about this topic.

Apparently the actual reason is... that... the Christian societies are less damaged by the impending doom and the need to justify ones own existence or get out. It is not mentioned in the Bible because it was such a stupid idea, that someone would even think of quitting such a beautiful, complex realm. And most westerners do not think about it. They instead commit crimes to get back on feet instead of quitting... which does not work either. But more spiritual societies are more prone to, through complex mental and ideological roads, come up with an easy way out. Yes, westerns are quiet languid.

Well for the most part I agree with you. Also, I don't know if it's a good thing but Europe's way of thinking is going through some kind of changes. Religions don't matter so much as they used to. The free, atheistic and even maybe nihilistic way of thinking is getting more common. The topics like euthanasia, abortion, depression etc. are permitted to discuss about. Maybe suicide law will be considered in the future.
Dec 30, 2019 3:49 AM
Feb 2015
brohilbert said:
Is no one going to address the bloody page with nails, skin and F's written all over it? What was that all about? I thought it would become a focus of the plot, but in retrospect it just seems like a cheap gimmick, something scary just for the sake of being scary.

Maybe F is for Female just like what Seizaki said which refers to Magase...
So much for the long wait, this is only a build up episode.
Dec 30, 2019 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
Pros: We got to see President Wood's beginning to present, awesome character. He's a deep thinker, he's an MMO superstar and he's the fucking president of the United States! asiodhaoshdiaos I'm so excited.

Cons: Seizaki's ugly crocs, motherfucker please. Worse thing since Sekuro's gruesome death.
臭い-
Dec 30, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
As the picture is poor, I'm not sure, but one is a normal boiled egg? and the other is a balut?
I think this anime team has really nasty taste and can't understand the intention. (Sorry, but we just don't have such a dietary culture.)
Dec 30, 2019 7:33 AM
Sep 2019
IMMABEAST said:
Someone mentioned here 3 weeks ago that the show will focus on american president. Honestly i think if last 5 episode were dedicated solely to seizaki hunting down magase. It would be far more enjoyable. im deathly afraid the show is going to be 4 episode of suicide law ideology. and episode 12 magase and seizaki.
yea hope that dosent happen. Wasnt a huge fan of ep 8 . Its ok but I'd rather they focus on Magase and Seizaki
Dec 30, 2019 7:53 AM
Dec 2016
just figured out why he named his character AWW, i though it was a joke at first, like when you dont want to bother and just smash some random keys. AWW = his name - Alexander W. Wood.
Dec 30, 2019 9:22 AM
Oct 2019
Just a boring episode, I don't care about other countries... just wanna know how it continues =_=

I also prefer that they would have given focus on Magase and Seizaki....

Dec 30, 2019 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
kuroneko99 said:
As the picture is poor, I'm not sure, but one is a normal boiled egg? and the other is a balut?
I think this anime team has really nasty taste and can't understand the intention. (Sorry, but we just don't have such a dietary culture.)

Well in some countries they do eat eggs like that... =_=
Can't taste good isn't....
Dec 30, 2019 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
That thing with the president ... ha ha. I did not expect that. I already wondered about who they would show as president. Especially since Trump is popular but the anime has afaik a manga source which got created when Trump wasn't president yet. And they showed head of states of other countries (france) so I might have had a slight feeling about the gamer guy. Then again his home and stuff ... looked so simple.

Maybe - since they had do call him - he isn't living in the White House.

I guess the FBI guy will get killed (suicide) as well but the president guy ... must have an important role. He as "thinker" trying to find a solution. (Total opposite from how the US is shown usually - with military power and stuff as focus.) FBI guy might be necessary to get some contact between Seizaki and the president guy.
Dec 30, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2019
dont liked it!! maybe its because I didnt watched it for so long.Bruh
Dec 30, 2019 11:27 AM

Sep 2017
Wow, we have gone international. That was unexpected. I really liked the gamer dudes introduction, but I was kinda confused as to what his purpose was. Turns out he's the president lmao.
Dec 30, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
What the hell wheres my big tiddy amazon mmo gamer girl that forces herself on you?
Dec 30, 2019 12:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
lmao the US president is an epic christian gamer married to a hot model

oh boi, this gun b gud.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 30, 2019 12:53 PM
Sep 2018
Although it has taken forever for this episode to came out as a wise man once said "a delayed product is eventually good but a rushed one is forever bad." What caught my attention the most was the use of an apple as symbolism for the implications of the suicide law. For context this was right after two men working in the federal government were noticing how where the suicide laws were implemented were primarily locations known for their universities (excluding Shiniki).
Dec 30, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2019
To begin with I thought the MMO girl was Magase in disguise, but it turns out she's just another regular, hot dime-a-dozen 10/10 gamer girl.

Lucky bastard. Wood by name, and by nature.
Dec 30, 2019 12:59 PM
Sep 2018
Pretty much my first thought was "Is this Kirito and Asuna but in Babylon?" If we had a president like this in America it would be such a good time, I would look forward to the future.
DatRandomDude said:
lmao the US president is an epic christian gamer married to a hot model

oh boi, this gun b gud.
Dec 30, 2019 1:38 PM

Dec 2016
To tell you the truth, I really wanted them to talk in English while in the US, I know it's dumb as the main audience of this show is obviously Japan so yeah....

Also what was in the egg, was it balut like @kuroneko99 said?

I saw a lot of people arguing about some things here, so I would try ti maybe give my perspective. Some are saying that the the anime is wrong for saying that the suicide law is such a big deal cause in the our world many contries already has some laws like it, but you should remember, Japan doesn't have any law like that (I dun have any facts to back it up, but I am pretty sure they don't) and once again, the show is targeting the common japanease man, and there is a very low chance that he know that other countries have those laws IRL or will even assume that. Hell, the studio making it (and the original writer of Babylon) probably have no idea if such laws exist outside of Japan.
For the second thing, someone was saying it seems weird how the suicide law catched on too quickly, but in episode 4 (I think, I know it happened just dun remember which episode) they said that the law will probably spred very far, and gave the metaphor of when a man won't throw garbage next to a trash can but he will do it if other people already did it, so they at least had some in-universe explenation for that.
Wow that was a long rant...

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Dec 30, 2019 3:53 PM
Apr 2015
YutakaYamadafan said:
IMMABEAST said:
Someone mentioned here 3 weeks ago that the show will focus on american president. Honestly i think if last 5 episode were dedicated solely to seizaki hunting down magase. It would be far more enjoyable. im deathly afraid the show is going to be 4 episode of suicide law ideology. and episode 12 magase and seizaki.
yea hope that dosent happen. Wasnt a huge fan of ep 8 . Its ok but I'd rather they focus on Magase and Seizaki

Epidode 8 is bulid ub to new arc
I don't why you want story be rushed
Dec 30, 2019 3:56 PM
Sep 2019
ziad1419 said:
YutakaYamadafan said:

I dont want it rushed. Just not a fan of where its heading.
Dec 30, 2019 3:59 PM
Apr 2015
ryuchigrayy said:
Just a boring episode, I don't care about other countries... just wanna know how it continues =_=

I also prefer that they would have given focus on Magase and Seizaki....

Boring episode ????
First half was all about seizaki
Just second half was about law
The political part is important in this show
Babylon is not just action show
Dec 30, 2019 3:59 PM
Apr 2015
This best anime in fall 2019
Its shame people don't like it
Dec 30, 2019 4:01 PM
Apr 2015
YutakaYamadafan said:
ziad1419 said:

I dont want it rushed. Just not a fan of where its heading.

They will focous on Magase ai in next episode
You will see
Dec 30, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2018
Both the episode and the way the story is developing just stinks. Every single likeable supporting character has been killed off by now and the storyline has become international. I am becoming more and more afraid that this show will end up as a dud like Kado: The Right Answer, which also started excellent and then crashed and burned in the final two episodes.
Dec 30, 2019 8:10 PM
May 2016
this show has been fairly dumb from the jump IMO but the real tipping point was Magase's "there is zero difference between liking good things and liking bad things" speech from last episode. This show feels like it was written by Banksy or Twenty One Pilots or the team behind Black Mirror. Very "we live in a society." shallow premise, shallow critique. I'm kind of baffled that this show is fooling people as well as it is.

was hoping this episode would be as stupid as last episode because I'm mainly watching it for laughs at this point but it was just boring. also lol at someone earlier in the thread saying "marijuana kills you slowly."
beeeeeeeerDec 30, 2019 8:14 PM
Dec 30, 2019 11:21 PM

Dec 2016
damn a gamer for potus
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 31, 2019 2:27 AM

Jul 2017
Welcome back from the shadows of death, Babylon! With the Third Arc: Twisted World.

With the apparent issues over Mayor Kaika Itsuki's Suicide Law which is gaining ground worldwide, Prosecutor Zen Seisaki felt like his entire life has gone astray and lost. Not to mention that with Ai Magase on the loose, things are harder to define what's truly right and wrong.

Nomaru resigns due to old age while losing his precedent case against Itsuki, while the rest of the police had no choice but to claim responsibility for it, a cover-up blemish for a scandal.

On the other hand, new character Alexander W. Wood...as seemingly bizarre as a gamer first, married to the IRL online character, had a family with a kid, and most strangely, IS THE U.S. PRESIDENT? Kinda knew from Mado Nozaki's unorthodox methods of storytelling, even with Kado: The Right Answer, there will be sprinkles of that uncanny resemblance with it becoming impotent links to the overall story.

Anyways, taking Shiniki's law worldwide is certainly a short-term thought, but a long-term "sacrifice" for the "greater good".

This Twisted World is slowly but surely taking shape in the most absurd of form...but what it is as of now isn't much a clear picture yet.
Dec 31, 2019 3:47 AM

Feb 2008
I would not be surprised if Ai Magase had something to do with the quick spread of suicide legislation. Nevertheless, it is indeed something significant enough to make some important heads turn.

And Hiasa is truly gone...
Dec 31, 2019 5:08 AM

Jan 2018
Imho, it felt weak. After a month of waiting, I expected the plot to be moving forward as well. Now with the suicide law implementing in the other parts of the world, it will be hard to say where the direction is going.

Looks like the US President's not an out-of-place boomer. The guy knows MMORPG. I wonder what his actions will be.
Dec 31, 2019 7:47 AM

Sep 2011
Well, I guess that starting with Seizaki drinking with the ghosts of those who died is a cool way to start as any. I'm not sure about these new characters though.
Dec 31, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
I couldn't think of whats coming next really. That was a nice episode though.
Dec 31, 2019 4:10 PM
Apr 2016

You mis-quoted me so I am only seeing it now.
Even so, discussion is a healthy thing. What is happening in Babylon is not a discussion, it is weaponizing the despair of people and pushing agendas through immoral, politically-incorrect ways. Not mentioning the whole Magase Ai thing.
Even if the discussion once happened in said societies, as long as they are thriving and with a prospect of a future, they will not get to such extent and will be voted down by majority which keeps the society functioning.
Re:formed
Dec 31, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2019
Meh

Should've been a double episode.
Dec 31, 2019 6:02 PM

May 2019
it would have been better if trump was there

Dec 31, 2019 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
so basically top runescape gamer married to model and becomes potus? now that's epic gamer moments
Jan 1, 2020 1:01 AM

May 2017
Stardust_Senpai said:
it would have been better if trump was there

No thanks. We already had that in Inuyashiki(2017) and that was a travesty!
Jan 1, 2020 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
So what was that scene about with Zen standing on a rooftop?
Jan 1, 2020 4:11 AM

Apr 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:

You mis-quoted me so I am only seeing it now.
Even so, discussion is a healthy thing. What is happening in Babylon is not a discussion, it is weaponizing the despair of people and pushing agendas through immoral, politically-incorrect ways. Not mentioning the whole Magase Ai thing.
Even if the discussion once happened in said societies, as long as they are thriving and with a prospect of a future, they will not get to such extent and will be voted down by majority which keeps the society functioning.

And that's the sad true. Only tragedy and despair can really change people.
Jan 1, 2020 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
FMmatron said:
I seriously didn't expect that the plot would take this direction and I don't know what to think of it as of yet.

Pretty much this, not the direction I was expecting but curious what it'll become.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

442 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.