Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2019 3:29 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
english scans are up
on my profile
Mei-o_ScarlettDec 27, 2019 5:06 PM
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Dec 27, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2015
thoughts on this chapter

THIS oda tryna justify why shanks and buggy dont just go to the treasure directly
BRUH

also so thats why its laugh tale
ghey
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Dec 27, 2019 9:02 AM
Mar 2019
Somebody please give me links!
Dec 27, 2019 9:03 AM

Dec 2016
I find it interesting that Roger bounty only became ridiculous after he set foot on Raftel.
Dec 27, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
Laugh Tale --> Laftel (?)
Joy Boy is the king of the "D's"

Dec 27, 2019 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
I also just skimmed through the Korean scans and will comment thoroughly after reading the English translation, but damn, I can already tell that this is yet again one bomb of a chapter 😭

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2019 5:06 PM

Oct 2015
Nosaatana said:
FMmatron said:
I also just skimmed through the Korean scans and will comment thoroughly after reading the English translation, but damn, I can already tell that this is yet again one bomb of a chapter 😭

check my profile reeee
that imgur link .-.
Dec 27, 2019 5:25 PM

Feb 2018
Holy shit oda just keeps blowing my mind with these chapters this is such a good flashback
So the treasure was left by joyboy I didnt think he would be that important to the story, also its confirmed now that neither shanks or buggy went to laugh tale with roger
Also odens log holds all the answers I wonder where it is now

So hyped for the next chapter I hope it will cover odens return to wano and his death to kaido
Dec 27, 2019 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
the whole roger shit is good, but shanks and buggy shit is meh.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
So we got a few good things to know here:

-Franky met Oden
-Pedro did indeed met Roger
-Shanks and Buggy did not saw the One Piece (which is a bummer honestly)
-In the end, the name of the island is indeed Laugh Tale
-Who the fuck is Joyboy? Maybe someone who laughed a lot.
-I think the One Piece itself will not be that important. I don´t know, but I was not expecting such a reaction from the crew. They look like they saw the most ridiculous shit in their lives and that is either a good or bad signal.

@Mei-o_Scarlett

You are the best, fellow Padoru supporter.
Dec 27, 2019 6:45 PM
Jan 2013
Yoo that last page actually made me cry. To me it felt like a glimpse of the ending of this beautiful story we've been following for so many years. I don't even know how to describe this feeling, it just made me so emotional.
Thank you Oda!
Dec 27, 2019 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
This chapter was pretty nice. I give thanks to the guy who gave us the link that is a rough translation, but it was still good. Looking forward to more! Roger knew everything altogether now huh? Talk about a journey to call the island that was not named for 800 years. Laugh tale. Man. Thank you so much Oda!
Dec 27, 2019 11:38 PM

Jan 2008
Now I understand why Oda said he was going to end it next chapter because he was afraid he'd show the One Piece. Good call on his part. Next week should be the betrayal, if all goes well.

But damn, so much lore. I love that Buggy came down with a sickness that pre-time skip Usopp would have made up on the spot.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 27, 2019 11:49 PM
Mar 2019
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
Nosaatana said:
FMmatron said:

check my profile reeee
that imgur link .-.
uh I'm a mobile user so i can't yet
Dec 28, 2019 12:48 AM

Sep 2014
So great to see more of Roger's adventures and his crew finaly reaching Raftel Laugh Tale. I'm surprised that Shanks and Buggy missed this. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much to learn more about Joy Boy. The chapter's ending is easily one of the best I have seen.
Dec 28, 2019 12:54 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm speechless. I can't believe, I had multiple goosebumps almost every panel, I literally cried at the last panel, I, I'm shaking, so much right now, I just can't.
Oda, what a way to end a decade. The way everything connects, the way they revealed the name Laugh Tale, I have no words to match my mad respect and appreciation for this magnificent work of fiction.

It is confirmed that Oden had the ability to hear the voice of everything, as probably does Momonosuke, which means that it can be passed down from father to son, in a way, that makes Dragon a strong candidate as well.
I'm going to literally wipe the tears on my face now.
Dec 28, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2016
Yeah I'm pretty sure that the treasure is just a giant dickbutt signed by joy boy
Dec 28, 2019 2:51 AM
Nov 2015
I don't know why but the last page has a sad feeling even though they were laughing
Great chapter
TawfeeqDec 28, 2019 4:17 AM
Dec 28, 2019 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
One Peace might means something else at this point. Won Peace?

Dec 28, 2019 3:37 AM
Jan 2019
Omgg just don't tell me that one piece is just a stupid joke or is it? This was one of my favorite chapters ever made
Dec 28, 2019 3:44 AM

Oct 2017
I am just crying over that last page. All these feelings. It was such a joy reading this chapter. Still crying. Damn, Oda.
Dec 28, 2019 5:11 AM

Jun 2010
This is why we read One Piece for
Dec 28, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2007
Raftel, huh?

Probably a poneglyph with "Made you look!" carved on it
Dec 28, 2019 6:08 AM

Feb 2016
Guys about the ending of this chapter i have a mixed feeling tbh...

I was a bit dissapointed after knowing that one piece is not something great...

Well, i kind of expected that but i was hoping it's not

I mean i hate this shit when the treasure is something not important and the important thing is the journey, friendship, etc...

I really hope i'm wrong but there is no way the crew would laugh if the treasure was something magnificent πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘
Dec 28, 2019 7:21 AM

Aug 2018
Oda foreshadowing that I’ll be both laughing and crying at the final chapter. Man, after this chapter it truely feels like we’re in the end game. Also I like the name “Laughing Tale” more than “Raftel” now that there is a reason behind it.

Hope we will get a Joy Boy flashback in the future :D

A 3 week break. Damn, see you guys on the other side.
ZeusicoDec 28, 2019 2:55 PM
Dec 28, 2019 8:09 AM

Nov 2012
Kja95 said:

I mean i hate this shit when the treasure is something not important and the important thing is the journey, friendship, etc...

I really hope i'm wrong but there is no way the crew would laugh if the treasure was something magnificent πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

You don't need to hope you're wrong, Oda literally said in an interview that the treasure is a tangible object years ago.
Dec 28, 2019 8:31 AM
Mar 2019
It's confirmed. One piece is a treasure left by Joy Boy...
Dec 28, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2012
This is the kind of chapter that makes me really proud of giving this manga the solid 10/10 it deserves. This series' worldbuilding always deliver a phenomenal overarching.
Dec 28, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2016
SwordRed said:
Kja95 said:

You don't need to hope you're wrong, Oda literally said in an interview that the treasure is a tangible object years ago.

Well, It's a tangible object i can tell that but it's probably not a great something you can call a treasure

Still this is my guess from their expressions only...
Dec 29, 2019 12:57 AM
Mar 2018
"Laugh Tale" or all we know it as Raftel makes sense as the treasure made the Roger pirates laugh. Well the treasure's still a mystery and Roger's bounty increased drastically after that. Well Franky met Oden, I guess he didn't know his name back then. I am sure Franky may remember it, if he can recall his face.
Dec 29, 2019 5:07 AM
Jul 2016
Well... that was a chapter.
Probably the best chapter of the year IF not the decade.
Franky met Oden. Roger's crew visited Raijin Island. And we finally got the reason for Rogers MASSIVE bounty. He got it after Laugh Tale, because he found out about everything.
Every. Single Thing.
11/10 chapter
Dec 29, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
Kja95 said:
SwordRed said:

Well, It's a tangible object i can tell that but it's probably not a great something you can call a treasure

Roger literally said "Joyboy, I wish I'd lived in the same era as you", "What an unbelievable treasure...".

How did you in any way get the impression that the One Piece is not impressive? Have you never laughed at something in your life because it was so smart and/or absurd that you didn't know how to react?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2019 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
nah cleary if you laugh it just means its a joke
Dec 30, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
Accendino said:
Kja95 said:

Roger literally said "Joyboy, I wish I'd lived in the same era as you", "What an unbelievable treasure...".

How did you in any way get the impression that the One Piece is not impressive? Have you never laughed at something in your life because it was so smart and/or absurd that you didn't know how to react?

And that's why I'm saying I hope so...

I was sure that one piece is certainly one hell of a treasure but now I know that many people after reading this chapter have a slight doubt at least...
Kja95Dec 31, 2019 1:02 PM
Dec 30, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, the treasure we've been waiting years and years to see was pretty much teased in this chapter, and now I'm even more excited to find out what it is. I'm assuming this series of flashback chapters is almost over and wow, what a flashback this was. Oda ended this decade strong, and I'm sure will start the new decade even stronger. I can't wait to see what more this arc and this manga as a whole have to offer, especially after seeing how so many parts of this story were connected via this flashback.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 30, 2019 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
> i know that many people after reading this chapter have slight doubt at least...

and this is why people think the non native english speaking side of the op community is a joke
Dec 31, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2018
Can we just stay into this flashback forever? :P it's just way too good ~ Laugh Tale.. I see what you did there Oda, I see what YOU had done all along :O
Dec 31, 2019 12:09 PM
Oct 2018
Kja95 said:
Accendino said:

And that's why i'm saying i hope so...

I was sure that one piece is certainly one hell of a treasure but now and i know that many people after reading this chapter have slight doubt at least...
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn, the treasure we've been waiting years and years to see was pretty much teased in this chapter, and now I'm even more excited to find out what it is. I'm assuming this series of flashback chapters is almost over and wow, what a flashback this was. Oda ended this decade strong, and I'm sure will start the new decade even stronger. I can't wait to see what more this arc and this manga as a whole have to offer, especially after seeing how so many parts of this story were connected via this flashback.

Don't worry, Oda actually said the One Piece isn't something corny like the journey or friendship. I have a theory about it. (Just made a post)
Dec 31, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
> I know that many people after reading this chapter have a slight doubt at least...

and this is why people think the non native english speaking side of the op community is a joke

What's wrong in being worried ??!!

It's not like I didn't like the chapter don't get me wrong...
Kja95Dec 31, 2019 1:03 PM
Dec 31, 2019 1:05 PM

Feb 2016
goko- said:
Kja95 said:

And that's why I'm saying I hope so...

I was sure that one piece is certainly one hell of a treasure but now I know that many people after reading this chapter have a slight doubt at least...
thebrentinator24 said:

Don't worry, Oda actually said the One Piece isn't something corny like the journey or friendship. I have a theory about it. (Just made a post)

Well, I believe in oda more than any mangaka else so let's see
Kja95Dec 31, 2019 1:26 PM
Dec 31, 2019 4:36 PM

Oct 2015
Kja95 said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
> I know that many people after reading this chapter have a slight doubt at least...

EVERYONE HERE(excluding the people memeing), has already mentioned ODA himself
had already said
the treausure WONT be anything corny or a joke and will actually be something that matters
you yourself agree with that

but you would rather trust your friends or people who dont know jack shit and yopu yourself still seem to buy into the idea oda will make this a joke

im sorry but yes in this case
its wrong to be worried when you yourself say
you believe in oda yet your statement contradict that very same idea
Jan 1, 2020 3:14 AM

Feb 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
Kja95 said:

EVERYONE HERE(excluding the people memeing), has already mentioned ODA himself
had already said
the treausure WONT be anything corny or a joke and will actually be something that matters
you yourself agree with that

but you would rather trust your friends or people who dont know jack shit and yopu yourself still seem to buy into the idea oda will make this a joke

im sorry but yes in this case
its wrong to be worried when you yourself say
you believe in oda yet your statement contradict that very same idea

And because of everyone I'm less worried now so thanks for them...

I believe in oda but you can't say the possibility is zero after seeing that laugh that's what I want to say...

Well, everyone has already said what they thought and the discussion is no more fruitful so let's end it here...

Let's wait and see that's the best thing...
Jan 1, 2020 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
> i know that many people after reading this chapter have slight doubt at least...

literally no one ever said that, the overwhelming majority of OP fans aren't english native speakers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
Accendino said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

literally no one ever said that, the overwhelming majority of OP fans aren't english native speakers.

and no one ever said they had doubt after this chapter
see how ez it is to hide behind many people
also the op community is a joke anyways
>a good anituber makes a very good vvideo explanation on WHY the op anime is shit and why it cant solely be blamed on toei
>half of his comments proceeds to miss the point and bring up their own point tats already mentioned in the videoand some of which are also wrong anywyas

theres also the insane theories side of op that range from one of the crew will die because GoT did it, or shit that people are already saying is fact when it isnt, like shanks time stop power

Jan 1, 2020 11:40 PM

Jul 2007
Zeusico said:
Oda foreshadowing that I’ll be both laughing and crying at the final chapter. Man, after this chapter it truely feels like we’re in the end game. Also I like the name “Laughing Tale” more than “Raftel” now that there is a reason behind it.

Why do people keep saying we are in the end game lol. We are not in the end game. This is just a glimpse tied to the final chapter of one piece, but luffy him self still has to make the incredible final voyage to raftel to acquire the one piece, only then can we truly be at the end game, when the world is turned upside down upon attaining the treasure which leads into the final war. Honestly the editor naito even mentioned that there are still alot of stories left and he doubts one piece ending in 5 years for that reason. Their are future stories, people keep thinking that after wano, BOOM, last arc. NO that is not going to happen. We have more to do and see in this grand epic before we hit the final chapters.
ArtimesGamerJan 1, 2020 11:43 PM

Jan 1, 2020 11:51 PM

Jul 2007
Kja95 said:
SwordRed said:

hah yeah. ODA has confirmed whole heartily with such disdain that he HATES those kinds of stories so not to worry their. There is no instance of the one piece it self being something trivial like the journey, or the adventure, or the friendship/bonds, etc. He mentioned that its important that the one piece is a "reward" in some way, since he wrote and built the story based on that. How ever don't get fooled by oda's means of trolling, and especially as of late, hes been doing alot of teasing and trolling the readers. What your initial impressions are based on a chapter, could be completely turned upside down in the most phenomenal way with some huge revelation. So don't judge yet until you see the end result. Part of what makes the "answer" such a shocker because your expectations are subverted in a way that its like you just got hit by a 2 ton truck and you feel bad about your self for thinking something totally different. It is a brilliant and amazing tactical technique to completely throw the readers off guard and oda is great at it.
ArtimesGamerJan 1, 2020 11:56 PM

Jan 2, 2020 3:30 AM

Feb 2016
link9us said:
Kja95 said:

hah yeah. ODA has confirmed whole heartily with such disdain that he HATES those kinds of stories so not to worry their. There is no instance of the one piece it self being something trivial like the journey, or the adventure, or the friendship/bonds, etc. He mentioned that its important that the one piece is a "reward" in some way, since he wrote and built the story based on that. How ever don't get fooled by oda's means of trolling, and especially as of late, hes been doing alot of teasing and trolling the readers. What your initial impressions are based on a chapter, could be completely turned upside down in the most phenomenal way with some huge revelation. So don't judge yet until you see the end result. Part of what makes the "answer" such a shocker because your expectations are subverted in a way that its like you just got hit by a 2 ton truck and you feel bad about your self for thinking something totally different. It is a brilliant and amazing tactical technique to completely throw the readers off guard and oda is great at it.

Exactly it's the way you explained it,

I didn't expect the first thing roger group did in front of a great magnifecent treassure called one piece which everybody dreamed of it was laughing at it...

But from everyone replies here i'm way less doubtfull so thanks...
Kja95Jan 2, 2020 3:34 AM
Jan 2, 2020 4:21 AM

Aug 2018
link9us said:
Zeusico said:

Why do people keep saying we are in the end game lol. We are not in the end game. This is just a glimpse tied to the final chapter of one piece, but luffy him self still has to make the incredible final voyage to raftel to acquire the one piece, only then can we truly be at the end game, when the world is turned upside down upon attaining the treasure which leads into the final war. Honestly the editor naito even mentioned that there are still alot of stories left and he doubts one piece ending in 5 years for that reason. Their are future stories, people keep thinking that after wano, BOOM, last arc. NO that is not going to happen. We have more to do and see in this grand epic before we hit the final chapters.

Let me rephrase: Nearing the end game. Oda has said multiple times that the story is about 80% complete. Still many things left to do, as you said, so most likely there is still 5-6 years left of OP. All I meant was that the flashback gave me end game vibes. No need to freak out, we all want OP to continue a while longer. :)
Jan 2, 2020 5:16 PM

Jul 2007
Zeusico said:
link9us said:

Let me rephrase: Nearing the end game. Oda has said multiple times that the story is about 80% complete. Still many things left to do, as you said, so most likely there is still 5-6 years left of OP. All I meant was that the flashback gave me end game vibes. No need to freak out, we all want OP to continue a while longer. :)

True, it does feel that way now so i get what your saying. I mean when you compare the pacing and adventure aspect of one piece as we mostly know it, its like the plot it self is shifting into an entirely different stage but there actually is kind of a story behind why that is. So allow me to elaborate if you don't know already.

One piece originally was intended to be 5 years as most readers know if they keep up with most updates. However the reason why One piece was turned into a massive scale adventure series was because of its popularity, but oda never intended for the main plot points to be this stretched out. This is the reason why in the series we have far more questions and mysteries then answers. Its because many of the largest and deepest lore pieces and mysteries surrounding the original conception of the 5 year story took kind of a backseat for a long while. ODA him self even states that the reason one piece has gone on for so long is because of the many characters he incorporated into the overarching narrative and he had to finish up their stories before reaching the core part of the plot.

Fast forward to present time and we are now FINALLY at that "original conception" of the 5 year story which he drafted and planned out even before one piece began. Where basically the straw hats face down the emperors of the sea and finally move toward the one piece. What i am trying to say is we have reached the point where all the lingering unsolved mysteries and questions will finally be resolved and have answers. The positive implication of this in my opinion is that we got a chance to really see oda use things like subtle foreshadowing and even dropping easter eggs in a very creative way that pretty much laid the foundation and hinted towards many things from the original drafts of the story. So in essence oda him self does not regret that the series has gone on longer and there are far more characters then he intended on, but in my opinion that will make the grand finale all the more epic. Also since many of these lore pieces were something from his original drafts, leads me to believe that the ending it self will be very consistent with the rest of the stories. Everything will come full circle and all tie together in a seamless way and that is what I am hoping for.

This is a primary complaint i have with many shonen mangaka where their endings are derailed or inconsistent, where as with oda, i honestly have alot more faith that he will deliver. I mean after all the final chapters or final arc of one piece is something he has known since his high-school days, so how can it go wrong? The commitment this man has to share his final chapters with the world which repeatedly he has alluded to being something that he is very excited to show off, makes me think that were in good hands. Its an important thing as an author to be committed to your work and have a sense of direction and ambition towards appeasing your readers in the best way possible and oda has that in spades. That is why one piece is so successful.
ArtimesGamerJan 2, 2020 5:38 PM

Jan 4, 2020 6:15 AM

Aug 2018
Oh wow so the laugh tale theory turned out to be true! Really loved the Roger flashback, it is really insane when I think of what Oda has shown us the last chapters. Also love how they sang Binks Sake on the ship along their travels. It fits in well with Laugh Tell. Another thing that made me laugh was the rather specific disease Buggy caught. Made me chuckle. Crazy to think the day came we saw Roger naming the last island.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

38 by Legal1234 »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 772 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.