Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 27, 2019 6:38 AM
Oct 2019
Can anyone confirm this for me, was Sun chan really helping Joro and that his agreement with pansy was fake or is he really putting a facade and just helping him so he can spend time pansy?
Dec 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Feb 2014
Started good for the first 4 - 5 episodes but it slowly became disappointing.

Soon the girls who were in love for Sun started to like Joro and right after that they started to add a bunch of other girls magically falling for Joro.

But what I cant really accept was Joro mistreating specially Pansy at some times. Please, if it were to add drama scenes, don't do it like that; as if the girls were some kind of target for a MC to take out his frustrations on someone.

So, even for a rom+com+harem all of that was too much for me to ignore.

From 8/10 to 6/10

Jica said:
What i can say..
Wasted potential....
Its downhill after eps 4...

+1
TechOtakuDec 27, 2019 8:11 AM
Dec 27, 2019 10:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
AsT5 said:
Farabeuf said:
What a monumentally stupid way to finish. Seriously. I know we have to suspend our disbelief, but someone as smart and wily as Sumireko not being able to solve the situation by saying a simple, "Sorry, I simply don't look at you in a romantic way. But we'll always be friends" and Hose is done. But of course, woman have no agency here...

Sigh, after the first episode I thought this series could have been something good.

Let me tell u hose is stubborn bastard who would follow her in hell as well
That's why a special bastard like joro could take care of him

All she has to do is say NO to him and tell his entourage to please back off, that they're making her feel uncomfortable. No matter how stubborn he is, that would end it, unless he wants to be reported for stalking.
If they were going to do this competition route, then it would have made a lot more sense to have Sumireko just have some small remnant of attraction for Hose. That would make for a much more interesting dynamic than having her go along with some childinsh, pathetic game just because she cannot bring herself to openly reject him
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 27, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2014
can someone explain to me the Shuka Saitou reference ?
Stop the meaningless talk
Dec 27, 2019 5:46 PM
Nov 2018
i didn't really understand the ending is Pansy going to date Hose now because Joro got no vote? or are they waiting to see who wins the baseball match to be the final decider?
Dec 27, 2019 7:10 PM
Oct 2012
Dunno, but this series felt like a continuous forced plot driven by well known cliche from beginning til end. Somehow, I still enjoyed it. Looking forward for upcoming developments.
Dec 27, 2019 9:29 PM

Jan 2017
tribopower said:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the voice actress of the tsundere chick that more or less told him to be himself and put the battery in his back to play that stupid ass betting game that took this turn he didn't expect.

This series was stupid in my opinion, but I'll give it credit for being unclear enough about the angle it was taking to make me want to see how it all ends. I probably won't remember this shit even exists next summer so thanks for posting the ending in here.

banshee87 said:
i didn't really understand the ending is Pansy going to date Hose now because Joro got no vote? or are they waiting to see who wins the baseball match to be the final decider?

The baseball match is the "decider." I used quotations because a member in here has already put the ending of the series in a spoiler a few times and I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying that the ultimate decider is really Pansy.
JGrdnsnDec 27, 2019 9:33 PM
Mendokusai
Dec 27, 2019 10:10 PM

Mar 2019
Well that was a craptastic ending. Show started out funny but got very repetitive and just dull by the end.
Dec 28, 2019 12:01 AM

Jun 2015
If its potential is to become a series that mocks harem trope, then yes, it's a wasted potential. But what can you expect, really? 9 out of 10 this will turn into a harem. So yeah, the outcome doesn't surprise me even a bit.

Although the comedy is enjoyable, but the drama is weak in my opinion. Maybe I'm just too old for this kind of cheesy drama, I don't know. I stayed until the end because of its comedy and Sasanqua anyway (gather, my fellow cultured man)..

Score: 7/10
Reason: Good comedy (Gintama-esque 4th wall breaking) and marvelous character design. No really, the characters are well designed. Props to whoever designed it in the first place.
YosepRADec 30, 2019 3:17 PM
Dec 28, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
i hate to say this mediocre show but that last part was fun!
Joro's plan backfired but in a tottaly different way because the three girls also targeted Joro...so is that it? any word of conclusion?
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 28, 2019 4:13 AM
Sep 2019
Just got to watch the final episode...

LOL..LOL...LOL..

I guess we have to read the manga, and await the OVA or season 2.

Joro should be very happy tho..my opinion!
Dec 28, 2019 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
tribopower said:

He means that shuka who has sung the opening betrayed him when the op played when girls gave hose the hairpins
Dec 28, 2019 6:41 AM
Apr 2016
Farabeuf said:
AsT5 said:

Let me tell u hose is stubborn bastard who would follow her in hell as well
That's why a special bastard like joro could take care of him

All she has to do is say NO to him and tell his entourage to please back off, that they're making her feel uncomfortable. No matter how stubborn he is, that would end it, unless he wants to be reported for stalking.
If they were going to do this competition route, then it would have made a lot more sense to have Sumireko just have some small remnant of attraction for Hose. That would make for a much more interesting dynamic than having her go along with some childinsh, pathetic game just because she cannot bring herself to openly reject him

I won't argue with my friend
I just told u those things that was in LN that's it
You should just complain all your queries to author
See yaa
Dec 28, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2012
Interesting ending. I actually didn't realise this was the last episode even after watching it.

It was predictable that the girls would throw pansy under the bus and let her stalker have an advantage.

A season 2 might be nice, I'd definitely watch it and with all of these romantic comedies getting sequels recently, I think it's a possibility.

I enjoyed Joro's personality and his little performances enough to carry this show to an 7/10. Memorable scenes like that absolute blasting of the blue haired girl put this anime just above a 6 for me.
Zei33Dec 28, 2019 7:26 AM
Dec 28, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
Wow this is still rated above a 7 here, are people here all masochists or something?

People who like this anime must also like bashing their heads against a wall because the MC is about as useful and interesting as a used-up condom

and none of the heroines are likable in any sense of the word

and everyone expects the MC to forgive and forget every time which he does in typical fashion
Freestyle80Dec 28, 2019 8:03 AM
Dec 28, 2019 9:13 AM
May 2016
i love it, kinda sucks that i need to wait a long time to see the ending but atleast there is a confirmation for it.
Dec 28, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2019
can't wait for the next season :)

Dec 28, 2019 11:26 AM

May 2009
Goddamit, when he started explaining the challenge you could see it backfiring like this from a mile away. Baka Joro!!! I just hope the OVA does complete this arc, and we don't get a random beach episode or some shit.
Dec 29, 2019 1:29 AM

Aug 2014
One of the worst series i have watch, man this shit was unbearable. Pansy should just say NO and her problems will go away if he doesn't respect her decision then just called the police and say he's a stalker or something and the part where everyone but pansy can decided who she can be with is the stupidest part of this series. 1/10 for this garbage of garbage. I wish i could give a negative score to this shit.
Dec 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Nov 2008
I think Rem and Ram are going to follow the other three girls' examples and vote for Joro so they can fight to be with Hose.

Best girl Pansy is obviously going to vote for Joro, but don't forget that she has at least two more of the hairpins that she wears.

Bench-kun is bound to show up at the end, too.
Dec 29, 2019 5:34 AM

Dec 2009
I wasn't paying much attention to this episode or the last because i was getting bored, but why the fuck can't they just tell Hose to fuck off? Even if Pansy doesn't want to say it, Joro can just tell him off.
And Hose for being such a nice guy can't tell how much she's avoiding him? What an asshole.

I had already dropped the manga long ago, but i also dropped Kaguya-sama because the comdey didn't land and the anime completely solved it. In this case though, i guess i just got tired of the plot and characters.
Dec 29, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
OK, I was fine with how this was all set up last week, but Pansy's circuitous way to get a message through to Joro was completely ridiculous. How can she expect him to help if he doesn't even know she's asking for help in the first place with the whole bait-and-switch? The lack of directness with Hose is still fine, however, as we saw full well here that it's hard to stop him directly thanks to Cherry and Tsukimi, as well as his own refusal to give up.

The whole game scenario is completely absurd, though, and I can't see how this will possibly work out in Joro's favour now, unless Cherry and Tsukimi vote for him to free up Hose (which I suppose is a possibility, albeit a slim one). And who will the seventh vote go to? Sasanqua, Kanata or someone else entirely?

That aside, all this pseudo-finale did was cement how much I like Joro as a character compared to other romcom/harem leads, so I'll give credit where it's due for that.

8/10
Dec 29, 2019 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
I liked it but damn it didn’t even feel like a last episode.
Dec 29, 2019 10:22 PM
Jan 2016
Ashhk said:
It was cool at the beginning but jokes were too repetitive...

imo I though the humor was gold, but later in they started focusing more on exposition and drama :\ and the exposition pales in comparison to the humor and character interactions that made this series a 10 for me...
Dec 30, 2019 10:52 AM
Feb 2018
I enjoyed ep1-4 of this show as poking fun of the harem/romcom cliches with a twist of it's own. Then it just feels a repeat, new bland characters with this ending.
Overall: Trash 2/10
Dec 30, 2019 4:07 PM
Dec 2018
katsu044 said:
feel like instead of ranting about the amount of dumpster fire this trash ended up being
because there's a lot however it's already been said.

I'll just say Tsubaki > everyone else in this show because they weren't scheming pieces of shits maybe Sasanqua even if she was a basic af tsundere

Spot on, totally agree. Not sure if it is bad writing, well actually it probably is, but the show has just left me with the impression that only 2 characters are actually reasonable.

Dec 30, 2019 7:37 PM

Jul 2017
Man... this ending was a bitch, but i didn't dislike it, at all. And while it may have turned into a harem now, i dont care, this show is hella enjoyable imo and i'm really into it, from start to finish! Those confessions were nice xd

I thought this was a unique romcom, Joro is a cool protagonist with an interesting personality (btw, Daiki Yamashita did a superb job on his voice acting, gotta praise him for that!) and Pansy/Cosmos best girls for sure. And overall, i liked how this story played out. The drama and the unpredictability of certain events kept me hooked so yeah, i loved this!

Can't wait for the ending now, leaving us on a cliffhanger is just like giving a middle finger to us viewers! But at least there is something spicy to look forward to, right?

8/10, very good! One of the most enjoyable romcoms of 2019!
Dec 30, 2019 11:08 PM

Nov 2008
Hmmm...a non-ending. :/

From my experience with harem/rom-coms, the source material/manga always has a stronger story, cast and more satisfying ending (Nisekoi, Masamune-kun, Sumomomo etc)...so this is probably the case here too. (Toradora is like the one exception lol)

Sucks that the manga translations haven't even caught up though...

Also I'm sad that Bench-kun's joke kinda faded out...he deserved better.

@AsT5 so Joro actually does THAT in volume 5? Man, that's hilarious. xD He's a lead character to be remembered, that's for sure.
ChiibiDec 30, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 31, 2019 8:55 AM
Apr 2019
What happened to Pansy's manipulative, cunning and strong character? She's made a 180º turn and has become a mere contest prize. Of course, she might be deceiving everybody, this would make sense -- I hope so.

I any case, Joro, you wished for a harem and now you have 3 girls in love with you, simply put Pensy aside, whom you dislike btw, and enjoy your dream come true lol.

And what's the matter with Sun? Is he trying to help Joro or he's just an asshole? Most of the characters in this series don't seem honest.

The comedy in the series has been good, with a handful of memorable moments, not so much the drama, that I find a bit forced. Overall it's been enjoyable.

I hope the OVA gives us some answers instead of a filler episode. A second season would be welcome.
HebotsukiJan 1, 2020 7:30 AM
Dec 31, 2019 5:02 PM

Mar 2019
1st post, sorry it has to be a Negative one......but I am ASTONISHED that this episode, or the series in general is viewed positively overall. When it started I was excited, actually was thinking the mix of drama and RomCom was lining up nicely and with a new take on things. However like others it went downhill fast.
I will have to start with the 800lbs Gorilla that lead us to a major part of this final episode.

1. Lets say it for what it is, Scum-Chan attempted/threatened to RAPE a Female. 2. Then to take it further, in said incident he denigrates, malice's and plots against his supposed BFF to no end all based around a years passed event which was not of his creation. 3. He in the process shows total disdain & scorn for his pursuers Hinata & Akino (who only were after him for Superficial reasons of course), all while manipulating all persons present in that room at the time.

The result? While Joro took WEEKS to regain his Rep, which the author kept flushing down the tank.....Scum-Chan recovers his in an instant with a single apology. Leaving out "that part" as the author wrote it.
Oh not only does Joro chases after him apologizing begging for him to be friends (after he did the same for the girls who couldn't get of their pedestals) , but the Would-Be Victim Pansy shrugs it off as "well nothing happened". GG
We are then left with the Author forcing "forgiveness" & "Friendship" literally using Plot Armour to drop Sun into every position possible to look like the cool dude & BFF, of course the usual BL trope moments as well.

Nearly the end in EP11, if Sun was really a good dude he could have supported Joro to run Blocking in the Library to keep Hose away, instead he stepped in and stole the Limelight in a very clear fashion. Then smart and clearly forgetful Pansy agrees to meet the wannabe rapist alone to "hear him out" late in the evening. Brilliant.

Which brings us to the final episode. I do not think I have seen anybody mention this so I am a bit surprised. Do we not realize the way they have presented Savior Sun in with the plan of Dating Pansy till the Finals and maybe more serious after, is literally a Carbon copy of the 1st time we had him go after her? Deja Vu?
Pansy leaves Joro out of the loop, Sun is being manipulative (this was honestly the worse case in the entire show of any of these schemes being played close to the vest) and of course it was initially launched in such a way to HUMILIATE Joro in public by his dear love.
The conversation in the classroom alone reeked of copy and paste from Ep1-3 of ScumChans manipulation. That alone leaves us the viewers just having to say "oh ok hes being good this time, trust the author". Its not like we can say its a mystery for us to solve, as we have not been presented with anything different in this scenario than the first time around.

AWAYA FROM THE ABOVE. I don't tend to hate anime character especially in the non Action oriented stuff, I tend to find them well representative of life...but holy hell this show was obtuse.
Right up to this final episode all of the girls were redeemed or in my good books, but the final Library crew, including Pansy leaving Joro out to dry just wore out their welcome for me. Yeah, lets just leave the Stalker in the picture of the girl thats our friend thats been traumatized, and now open the door that our love interest will be potentially cut off from Pansy as both a friend or BF for life due to those actions. Thats sure is going to make "I want Romance & Friendship" work out. No comparison to the Triangle from the other school because of the stakes.
Cash me in with either Chisaru or Asaka after this disaster of Season finale.

Speaking of the other school, so Hose is yet again another Generic, Vanilla Yes Man that has all the girls going wild (including Joros Harem... skanks) and is refereed to as so good looking repeatedly. Now...he is dan near identical to Joro, except for a smile that needs SFX to stand out.......

Oooff....Holy wall of text from a first timer. I don't judge too quickly, I don't even put my own scores into my last for a few days so I can let the show sink in....but damn, this was felt like A MASSIVE let down. I really have never been more disappointed in any form of Film entertainment I have viewed.
Apologies for the legnth, I guess this is my Series & Episode review /rant.
Vanilla
Jan 1, 2020 3:35 AM
Jan 2012
7/10 Anime, with a 4/10 final episode, Im just so tired of Sumireko just playing her little mental games with Joro, just say what you feel ffs, say that you dont like the Hose, I guarantee that it would be much easier, faster and less annoying than this little circus they have going on.

But then again, thats her whole "appeal" as a character, so not much you can do there
Jan 1, 2020 10:26 PM

Jun 2019
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Honestly though, what happened after episode three? All that effort to become different had disappeared towards the end of the series.

But gotta hand it to them, as bad as the episodes after episode three were, it was nothing compared to the disastrous final episode. Truly the best way to end this shitty show. Well, to “end” this shitty show.

Short_Circut said:
yea holy shit the OP and ED were dang good
At least we can all agree on one thing.

Jan 2, 2020 6:24 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm, no sir, I didn't like it. That cliffhanger ending and really all the drama of these last two episodes anyway. Count me in amongst those who felt this series peaked with that first arc and steadily went downhill afterward. It was a pretty fun and entertaining arc and I enjoyed most of how it played out. From the moment they just forgave Sun-chan after his rape threat though I got turned off, but kept watching. Most of the rest of the series like the pool outing was blandly inoffensive. The newspaper arc was boring and predictable. And episode 10 was just silly and stupid. Then as said the drama in these last 2 was just annoying to me. I'm torn on whether I'll actually bother to watch the OVA. I'm also torn on score. For awhile I was convinced this deserved a 7 but I'm tempted to bump it down to a 6 for that cliffhanger. Hmmmm, yeah I will. In a better mood I might have given this a 7, but 6 it is. Regardless I don't plan on continuing this with anything further unless the OVA just blows me away with a massive course correction, assuming I watch it at all that is.
Jan 3, 2020 9:01 PM

Mar 2009
Joro sure is an idiot for not seeing that coming. Of course they were going to choose Hose.

Mediocre harem that pretended to be something else at the very start. I kept watching just because Pansy is hot, but her personality leaves a lot to be desired.

By the time the OVA is released in the summer, I'll have completely forgotten about this anime and will already be in the middle of watching a busy anime season. FFS, should've just ended the anime. Or at the least, not wait until months and months later to finish it with a single OVA episode.
Jan 4, 2020 12:33 AM
Mar 2016
Can someone please explain to me what exactly Hose did to scare off pansy that way like did he hurt her like stalk her or something
Jan 4, 2020 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
Damn that was a horrible anime. I think every episode I found tons of stuff to dislike about it. I like how this anime pretends to be it isn't a generic rom-com while having the mc surrounded by multiple girls who want his dick bad. So much for that.

The one good thing I can say is there was slight enjoyment in how trashy it was.
Jan 4, 2020 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
What a bad ending, pretty obvious his plan was going to fail when he told the rules.
The first arc was great then it just went downhill.
Jan 5, 2020 11:27 AM
Apr 2014
Pietru said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the ending literally guttered the anime, good job guys

Anime that gut their ending on purpose (refuse to end a season out properly) to continue on in OVA/s2 are the worst animes and deserve to be treated as such.

Regardless of the ending, I enjoyed the first half but after started to feel as if I was forcing myself to finish the series.
The only good jokes got repetitive, character building absolutely died, the relationships and emotions all felt fake...meh, 6/10.
Jan 5, 2020 1:32 PM
Sep 2019
This is one of the anime that I love most
For me is 10
Jan 5, 2020 9:47 PM
Jan 2016
Was really enjoying the show but man this episode sucks. And i mean it sucks as a final cause it feels like the second to last episode. In fact i waited like two weeks for episode 13 because i didnt realize this was suppose to be the last episode its that bad
Jan 7, 2020 12:39 PM
Oct 2019
6/10 IMO
The comedy was very hit and miss. Plot was so simple that I figured out how everything would end within the first episode. That being said it’s a moderately entertaining show but it leaves a lot to be desired.
Jan 8, 2020 7:49 PM
Jan 2016
so....is Pansy supposed to be a shit character on purpose? She literally is the only character in the show that has no personality and is 0% interesting to see on screen....I started to like this series a bit less towards the end because they kept shifting from the goofy antics (which made the show a 10/10 for me just because of how fun it is to watch) to more serious and emotional exposition involving Joro and Pansy which was less than stellar because Pansy, as a character, sucks the joy out of the show and the cast every time she is in a leading roll in the plot.

She is such a blatant brick of a character that I almost feel like its intentional since the writing for this show is pretty different lol.

But yeah she sucks, probably the most self serving out of the group even though all Joros friends are self serving except for Sasanqua (who we all thought would be an ass in the beginning lol)
Jan 9, 2020 4:57 AM

Jun 2017
Fam, just when you thought you're going to have a sweeping victory you got owned right in front of everybody, serves you right Joro lol. On a more serious note, I hope Joro wins though. This series was one of the most entertaining anime of 2019 for me. I can't wait for the OVA. 9/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 14, 2020 6:08 PM

Apr 2013
bruh, you can't just do this finish it with 12 or no go... smh
welp the last episode will decide the score I suppose.
Jan 15, 2020 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
Dumbass ending. Just end it already, don't wanna wait for summer. Give love to one of the more deserving ones like Sasanqua
Jan 17, 2020 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
So happy stupidass MC lost Pansy. Now he should jump off a cliff. Hazuki x Pansy.

Red haired tsundere Sasanqa should get something, she's good.

This show sucked. 3/10 as I'll give a few points for hot babes. School Days ending would have been ideal.
CarbonMDJan 17, 2020 3:43 PM
Jan 29, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2012
Ooh damn that ending! Really enjoyable ending and quite a hilarious twist if you ask me. It has been quite a while since I've really enjoyed such a romcom like this!

Really enjoyed it to be honest and quite liked marathoning this anime if you ask me!

The bench part was my personal favourite, really enjoyed that, and well I do wonder if they'll close the story or leave it open like this in anime form that is!

All in all a great watch!
Feb 3, 2020 2:50 PM
Jan 2018
There's more to hose then it seems I think
Feb 3, 2020 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
What a great ending! hahahaha Poor Joro.
Great way to end the anime, first they declare that they love his friend and now at the end that they love him haha. What an interesting turnover ahah

Great to have an OVA! It was a great run.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 4, 2020 10:15 PM
Apr 2013
The story of the last two episodes was so ridiculously stupid, that I don't even want to write about it. The behavior of the characters didn't make any sense at all and I'm pretty angry that the writer of that bullshit story stole my time. Ohh... and I'm not talking about the cliffhanger and the game at the end. At this point I didn't even gave a fuck anymore.

If I were the MC, I would send all of the other characters packing.
advocatusFeb 4, 2020 10:18 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

102 by LuisSV23 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.