Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marco Bellwood on the run....I almost feel bad for the guy.

In the meantime, we are introduced to someone who knew Veronica from her past. This seems like a slower paced buildup episode for what's to come.
Nov 24, 2019 8:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Veronica seemed really happy that he survived
And that end wow... the CGI was awful to be honest
Nov 24, 2019 8:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the cult managed to get away but not before they left an e surprise it seems. Still for the Eins order to hide in plain sight within the kingdom though while gathering fairies and fairy weapons legitimately was an excellent move on their part. If anything what ultimately started Wolframs journey was the death of his family even as the war ended. The cult sure has its hands everywhere though. Its good that the guardian that enabled Marlya to survive during the purge managed to survive as well though too bad about the fairy forest though for even as the forest grew back its fairies will never return. Still the insight into Suna and its people's past sure did well to explain why the area had a much higher amount of fairies in it as well as the number of people that were fairy possessed. Overall a calm pretty ep that focused on revealing the truth of the cult while also doing well in expanding upon the lore of the world via the backstory into Suna's past and setting the stage for the final battle that the team will face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
Marlya visited her hometown Suna. We also learned the history of the town and why its people tend to be fairy possessed. It's a shame that even though the forest is recovering, the fairies won't be coming back. Overall a good episode. Wolfran always has to show up at bad times, doesn't he.

Nov 24, 2019 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
geeez... if this would be a horror movie Marlya would be the kind of character who would die first....conveniently strolling around all alone.
Nov 24, 2019 1:45 PM
Apr 2016
I am on my limit here - 3:30 Marlya apologizes for not being a Fairy soldier. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY did they think it makes any logical point to apologize for?! Worse, the rest proceeds as if she revealed she was a double-agent who hated them, but warmed up to them in time. They make no sense, neither characters nor authors...
Re:formed
Nov 24, 2019 1:47 PM

Feb 2019
Really good backstory and emotional episode, we're building up to a final battle and it really makes me sad because PA works aren't known for sequels, I really don't want this to end, it's been my favourite anime of the year. Absolutely love that soundtrack that played during the conversation with Olek and also the ED. Only complaint was how much of an asspull it was for Wolfran to conveniently know where in a huge fucking forest Marlya was. Looks like the PM bites the dust unless that was a misleading cut.

I just wish they'd have given this type of backstory and emotional plot in the first few eps to hook people. The first convo thread had like 1000 people following it, now there's barely anyone here. I would have expected the people who made Another and Hska Iroha to have been more prepared... At least we have the manga.
Nov 24, 2019 6:38 PM
Mar 2015
The Eis have the Divine Beast Now Wolfram wants Marley's fairy and the PM bites the dust
Nov 24, 2019 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! is Marlya gonna get kidnapped again!?
i hope she's not gonna be damsel in distress again?
i hope she's gonna fight equally with that who is that dude again that Reiner is voicing? lolz...
PM got foddered...
4/5.

Nov 25, 2019 5:35 AM
Apr 2016
Superns18 said:
Really good backstory and emotional episode, we're building up to a final battle and it really makes me sad because PA works aren't known for sequels, I really don't want this to end, it's been my favourite anime of the year. Absolutely love that soundtrack that played during the conversation with Olek and also the ED. Only complaint was how much of an asspull it was for Wolfran to conveniently know where in a huge fucking forest Marlya was. Looks like the PM bites the dust unless that was a misleading cut.

I just wish they'd have given this type of backstory and emotional plot in the first few eps to hook people. The first convo thread had like 1000 people following it, now there's barely anyone here. I would have expected the people who made Another and Hska Iroha to have been more prepared... At least we have the manga.

Yeah... about that...
The truth is, the series was rig... the original material cannot both be decent and then completely butchered down to this series during adaptation. That is a general common sense and, well, how it works. THIS case, however, is even worse - the original material IS the animated series. Whoever is trying to draw it as a comics is going to shoot their rating in the industry in the leg.
Nov 25, 2019 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
Damn Wolfran came after Marlya without wasting any time. I hope Free comes to save her.
Nov 25, 2019 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like the cult knew that Dorothea was going to be after them, so they made off with the fairy weapons. Capturing or killing them is going to be more difficult now.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Marlya making a return to Suna and she was able to reunite with Olga Gunner after all these years. Sadly, Olek made the unfortunate mistake of letting Marco's cult know about the fairies in the forest and inadvertently helped them with their plans since Olek was none the wiser about their plan.

Marlya knows that the cult will be after anyone who is fairy possessed. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Veronica and Ray very soon, but I knew that they'll go after Marlya herself soon enough. Sadly, that fear came true as when Marlya took a stroll on her own into the forest as Free was resting up, Wolfran chose this time to make his appearance and vows to capture her.

To add to that misery, Griff Mercer came to the prime minister and killed him off, too. Damn....

Things are going to become more tense for the last four episodes. Looking forward to them. =)
Nov 25, 2019 9:10 AM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am on my limit here - 3:30 Marlya apologizes for not being a Fairy soldier. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY did they think it makes any logical point to apologize for?! Worse, the rest proceeds as if she revealed she was a double-agent who hated them, but warmed up to them in time. They make no sense, neither characters nor authors...

well if ya think that's too mess up then , hows about having a kind of group like Dorthea were it always finds itself screwing up.
Nov 25, 2019 12:47 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Welp, that's one Fairy Gone; Rest in pieces, Red Hot.
There goes Marlya, why would you roam alone in an abandoned forest when you're a possible target? Free is responsible as well, how could he forget such an important detail? With Marlya captured, and the minister dead, Dorothea are at a difficult position.
Nov 26, 2019 3:14 AM

Feb 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
Superns18 said:

Yeah... about that...
The truth is, the series was rig... the original material cannot both be decent and then completely butchered down to this series during adaptation. That is a general common sense and, well, how it works. THIS case, however, is even worse - the original material IS the animated series. Whoever is trying to draw it as a comics is going to shoot their rating in the industry in the leg.

you lost me, not sure what you're trying to say
Nov 26, 2019 3:40 AM
Apr 2016
Superns18 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yeah... about that...

you lost me, not sure what you're trying to say

Do not expect the other medium to be better when the original is a wreck.
Nov 27, 2019 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
The raid begins on Marco Bellwood and the Ministry of Fairies, but it seems that the ministry, IN ALL, the Eins Order cult has traced them steps earlier, all is but for naught.

Being fairy soldiers or fairy-possessed, all are the same in Dorothea. But the issue of the fairy-possessed (in light of the relevance to the Divine Beast from the Black Fairy Tome), all must pay cautious attention now that the end card is near: United Zesskia vs. the Eins Order, especially for Marlya, Veronica and Ray Dawn.

Man, the Eins Order cultists are all over the place, and Dorothea seeks the people related to them all (i.e. Wolfran Row, Griff Mercer, Marco Bellwood etc.) to get infodump.

Marlya's fairy is borne out from Michel Connor??? Seems like a scapegoat plan that works out for Wolfran Row anyways.

And back to Suna, the birthplace of Marlya, and seeing the people-remnants of the war (Olek the guardian) is a shocker indeed, as Olek traces to Marlya and Free, the Forest of Beginnings, with the fairy-possessed spanning a longer but devastating history than the fairy soldiers. A bridge between human and beast, can be CONSIDERED a rare group of people. And the Divine Beast, a man-made creation of fairy of the most evil.

Now all that has happened long before the events of Season 1 are linked altogether. For all we know, this battle of insane proportions is turning out to be a complex puzzle, the pieces now together like a thread. Veronica's blessings with Marlya's curse, both fairy-possessed.

And in the end, Wolfran Row in his infinite "wisdom", "conveniently and slyly" tracked Marlya down, and the Prime Minister of United Zesskia, murdered.

This cat-and-mouse chase is suddenly getting more "ambitious"...
Dec 6, 2019 3:28 PM

Dec 2018
Aww Klara Honey!! you are a big sweetheart comfort Marlya when she needed it!!

Then my lesbian angel cant even take a stroll in the night without being attacked by a creepy male!! Tells a lot about Wolfran attacking girls in the middle of the night!! My girl are strong and your ass is going to get it!! I hope she kills him in the next episode!!

Dec 21, 2019 8:15 PM

Aug 2017
Ok, so the evil cult killed the Prime Minister while it seems that Marlya is gonna get kidnapped.

Also, I really disliked when she's roaming alone in an abandoned forest after they planned to kidnap her!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 16, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
Some more information about Marlya's hometown Suna and its relation with fairies

Feb 16, 2021 5:26 PM
Oct 2019
so much for my hypothesis that the ministry cult would capture veronica and whiny bitch girl would save her

this ministry cult is like Qanon, a bunch of fucking dumbass nutjobs (aka nutters). I'm going to love watching them get wiped out
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
Uhm.. what just happened?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2019

67 by baahsu »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

24 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

26 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

18 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.