Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dec 9, 2019 9:51 AM

This anime is still getting bot treatment? Damn.

I'm still waiting for a legit proof that VS fans did it.

Dec 9, 2019 9:56 AM

NotFred said:

They literally created bots upvoting VS, and downvoting Chihayafuru what more proof do you need lol?

Dec 9, 2019 10:26 AM

Fionavar said:
NotFred said:

They literally created bots upvoting VS, and downvoting Chihayafuru what more proof do you need lol?

That's a pretty weak proof. Don't underestimate the trolls these days. That can be anyone who is just bored and wants to create shit between fandoms. That's the internet for you. Im not saying that VS fanboys are not guilty, just want to point out that it can be anyone. Vs fanboys may be the mine suspects, but it can be anyone who just wants to troll, without any different motive.

Dec 9, 2019 11:24 AM

NotFred said:
Fionavar said:

That's a pretty weak proof. Don't underestimate the trolls these days. That can be anyone who is just bored and wants to create shit between fandoms. That's the internet for you. Im not saying that VS fanboys are not guilty, just want to point out that it can be anyone. Vs fanboys may be the mine suspects, but it can be anyone who just wants to troll, without any different motive.

Yeah im sorry but thats very very unlikely, again no proof but they downvoted Chihayafuru as soon as it overtook VS. If they didnt care about VS why didnt they downvote it earlier already? Im sorry but that is most certainly not a councidence

Dec 9, 2019 12:02 PM

Fionavar said:
NotFred said:

Yeah im sorry but thats very very unlikely, again no proof but they downvoted Chihayafuru as soon as it overtook VS. If they didnt care about VS why didnt they downvote it earlier already? Im sorry but that is most certainly not a councidence

Good point, but from what I remember it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why is Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.
Modified by NotFred, Dec 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Dec 9, 2019 2:03 PM

NotFred said:
Fionavar said:

Good point, but from what I remember why it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why I Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.

Although the VS hypothesis is quite likely (even if it was first during two days, it just shows that downvoters did not decide immediately to "take action"), the reason why they continued to downvote may be harder to explain. My own hypothesis is that Chihayafuru fans (and also people who care about bot issues) started to create threads to report the issue and to get really irritated by the lack of action from admins/mods. Seeing this "success", the haters found it funny to continue until the show dropped below 7. Arsonists enjoy to see the firemen at work; bigger the fire the better.

Otherwise, I said "they", but the downvoting seems to be just from a few users, and this is why no one should blame VS fans for this. By the way, it has been a week since they announced to work on solution; is this taking really so much time to automatically delete bots? Depends on the number of people working on it though.
"By thinking of things you could understand them." Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Dec 10, 2019 12:18 AM

Meusnier said:
NotFred said:

Good point, but from what I remember why it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why I Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.

Although the VS hypothesis is quite likely (even if it was first during two days, it just shows that downvoters did not decide immediately to "take action"), the reason why they continued to downvote may be harder to explain. My own hypothesis is that Chihayafuru fans (and also people who care about bot issues) started to create threads to report the issue and to get really irritated by the lack of action from admins/mods. Seeing this "success", the haters found it funny to continue until the show dropped below 7. Arsonists enjoy to see the firemen at work; bigger the fire the better.

Otherwise, I said "they", but the downvoting seems to be just from a few users, and this is why no one should blame VS fans for this. By the way, it has been a week since they announced to work on solution; is this taking really so much time to automatically delete bots? Depends on the number of people working on it though.

Couldn't agree more. The attention it gotten added fuel to the fire. Also they already blocked VPN's which is something. We better watch and see.

Dec 10, 2019 12:04 PM

Is this gonna get fixed anytime soon? I don't even know why people would score bomb this show.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ

Dec 10, 2019 1:46 PM

I've been ignoring this for weeks, but seeing that it doesn't get any resolve is PISSING ME OFF. A few friends already came to me to ask if the "quality of this season had dropped". Madhouse is doing a stunning work and yet this is what happens. Seriously. This is so aggravating.

Dec 10, 2019 2:20 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Fionavar said:

My biggest worry is that they will fix the score on season 3 but completly forget about the manga, which also got downvoted pretty badly.
That's definitely not going to happen. The whole reason they haven't deleted accounts is because they're aiming to implement an automatic site-wide solution instead. It would affect every anime and manga entry on the whole website whenever it gets implemented

As a side note, I think LotGH might challenge FMA:B for the #1 spot on MAL again if/when this gets fixed. Not sure if it'll get past but it'll be at worst 2nd for sure

I'm pretty sure most seasons of Gintama will surpass all of the aforementioned top series

Dec 10, 2019 2:28 PM
Hug Addict <3

Byniavo said:
HaXXspetten said:
That's definitely not going to happen. The whole reason they haven't deleted accounts is because they're aiming to implement an automatic site-wide solution instead. It would affect every anime and manga entry on the whole website whenever it gets implemented

As a side note, I think LotGH might challenge FMA:B for the #1 spot on MAL again if/when this gets fixed. Not sure if it'll get past but it'll be at worst 2nd for sure

I'm pretty sure most seasons of Gintama will surpass all of the aforementioned top series
LotGH has even more percentage downvotes than any Gintama entry so no they wouldn't get past that, but yes they will also be high up there. The 2015 Gintama season will probably be third on the site at worst from what I can see comparing their stats pages

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 10, 2019 3:24 PM
New its only 7.09..... This is so sad, what is wrong with people? Can't we just love both shows? And what if one or the another has a higher score on MAL? I don1t understand. These 1* peoples are crazy maniacs or something... :(

Dec 10, 2019 6:37 PM
IT'S STILL HERE! WTF MAL?!
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!

Dec 10, 2019 9:23 PM
pathetic people do pathetic thing , it a good anime , THE END

Dec 10, 2019 9:32 PM

As a Vinland fan, these people are shaming the Vinland community! I'm embarrassed to know they even voted Vinland a 10. Total and completely utter disrespect to both Makoto Yukimura and Yuki Suetsugu!

Dec 10, 2019 10:34 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Byniavo said:

LotGH has even more percentage downvotes than any Gintama entry so no they wouldn't get past that, but yes they will also be high up there. The 2015 Gintama season will probably be third on the site at worst from what I can see comparing their stats pages
Yep, LotGH and Gintama suffer too much from botting. I highly doubt it but hope that the solution MAL comes up with is efficient enough.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, atleast should be sweet........ " - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Dec 11, 2019 4:33 AM

cchigu said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yep, LotGH and Gintama suffer too much from botting. I highly doubt it but hope that the solution MAL comes up with is efficient enough.

Even it hasn't too many users I think RAL's scores are more accurate for TOP 150 since there is no bot accounts.
Now you got a treasure in your heart

Dec 11, 2019 11:59 AM

It has been over a month since it started. I would like to know why it still hasn't been dealt with. It isn't a rocket science and I don't buy it would take as much time and effort as administrators try to make us believe.

Dec 11, 2019 1:20 PM

MehmetY said:
cchigu said:

Even it hasn't too many users I think RAL's scores are more accurate for TOP 150 since there is no bot accounts.

Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting, but since both sample should be from the same distribution, I am quite surprised by the big variance for Aria (+0.53). Do you think that this is because the fanbase is small or because of haters (I indeed notice 1.8% of1/10 while the rate is <0.5% for many top shows, with a clear anomaly of 0.9% for SnK S3P2). I would be quite surprised that a peaceful slice of life like Aria be the target of haters, but after the Chihayafuru case, I start to believe that everything is possible concerning score manipulation.

Otherwise, I understand the big difference with KnY because of the hype of this year, but to see Code Geass R2 at the same level as Symphogear XV (and R1) makes me wonder about the relevance of RAL's scores. I guess that my hypothesis on the distributions is flawed somewhere.

By the way, you should have said that Chihayafuru 3 is 8.72 (+1.62 comparing with today's Chihafuru's score). I wanted to add an exclamation mark, but I am afraid that haters will interpret them as factorials... I am also glad to see my favorite show with a 8.90 score, just the same as MAL when it was airing (8.89 if I recall correctly, so it confirms some haters move).

@Linaeris If just one guy is working alone a few hours a week on these issues, it might take months to be solved. Rocket science is faster because people need to finish their papers before all sorts of deadlines, even forgetting the self-imposed ones :-) I just hope that it will be before New Year's Eve blackhole and in the worst case before the end of Chihayafuru's airing.
"By thinking of things you could understand them." Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Dec 11, 2019 3:02 PM

@Meusnier
Almost 3 weeks ago I wrote that it was more less 2 weeks since it started and that I wouldn't mind waiting another 2 weeks believing that admins would deal with the problem within that period of time. Since then we didn't have many new bots so dealing with the issue shouldn't be a problem even if they had to do it one by one (which shouldn't be a problem since the span of time wasn't that big, Chihayafuru 3 didn't have 200k users, bots name patterns were rather easy as well as time of account creation and their anime title lists and scores... heck they are even listed here) provided that they were actually doing it.
If it was just one guy with a few hours a week of spare time it should be that much easier to deal with.

As far as I remember dealing with illegitimate accounts back when the forum thread was still open usually took up to few days - to actually delete the ones that were reported (and they were for different reasons on a daily basis so checking them and deciding whether to delete them was harder and more time-consuming).

If admins aren't going to do anything with the ones already existing at all or at least until devs implement their magical device I wouldn't count on it to be done this year (btw "this year" for most of anime industry doesn't end on 31st of December) or any time soon for that matter.

People simply want to get a few simple answers ("Yes" or "No") for a few simple questions.
Modified by Linaeris, Dec 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Dec 11, 2019 4:14 PM

Meusnier said:
MehmetY said:

Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting, but since both sample should be from the same distribution, I am quite surprised by the big variance for Aria (+0.53). Do you think that this is because the fanbase is small or because of haters (I indeed notice 1.8% of1/10 while the rate is <0.5% for many top shows, with a clear anomaly of 0.9% for SnK S3P2). I would be quite surprised that a peaceful slice of life like Aria be the target of haters, but after the Chihayafuru case, I start to believe that everything is possible concerning score manipulation.

It's because of haters. I remember Aria The Origination was around 8.71 2 or 3 years ago but it got downvoted regularly.
It's at #21 on AniList too.
Also, Aria The Natural and Aria The Origination almost have same amount of votes but their score difference is 0.77

Dec 11, 2019 4:19 PM

@Meusnier "I am also glad to see my favorite show with a 8.90 score, just the same as MAL when it was airing (8.89 if I recall correctly, so it confirms some haters move)."
Shouwa Genroku's 2nd Season had 8.20~8.65 on MAL when it was airing but after finishing it's score jumped to 8.95 due to 1/5 rule but it downed to around 8.85 and it got downvoted to 8.78 by bots 3 months ago. But still I think the main reason of 2nd Season's high score is sequel effect. IMO first season deserves 8.90

"but to see Code Geass R2 at the same level as Symphogear XV (and R1) makes me wonder about the relevance of RAL's scores. I guess that my hypothesis on the distributions is flawed somewhere."
Symphogear XV is really an amazing season, it has too much quality difference between other seaons and even if it hadn't it's score still would be around 8.00~8.10 because of the sequel effect.
Modified by -MEHMET-, Dec 11, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 12, 2019 9:28 AM

ain't my problem.

Dec 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Linaeris said:
@Meusnier
Almost 3 weeks ago I wrote that it was more less 2 weeks since it started and that I wouldn't mind waiting another 2 weeks believing that admins would deal with the problem within that period of time. Since then we didn't have many new bots so dealing with the issue shouldn't be a problem even if they had to do it one by one (which shouldn't be a problem since the span of time wasn't that big, Chihayafuru 3 didn't have 200k users, bots name patterns were rather easy as well as time of account creation and their anime title lists and scores... heck they are even listed here) provided that they were actually doing it.
If it was just one guy with a few hours a week of spare time it should be that much easier to deal with.

As far as I remember dealing with illegitimate accounts back when the forum thread was still open usually took up to few days - to actually delete the ones that were reported (and they were for different reasons on a daily basis so checking them and deciding whether to delete them was harder and more time-consuming).

If admins aren't going to do anything with the ones already existing at all or at least until devs implement their magical device I wouldn't count on it to be done this year (btw "this year" for most of anime industry doesn't end on 31st of December) or any time soon for that matter.

People simply want to get a few simple answers ("Yes" or "No") for a few simple questions.

From what I understood from admins answers, they will not manually delete false accounts any more and just wait for the general solution to solve all issues. We should just wait for a miracle.

Dec 12, 2019 7:28 PM
What's wrong with the score? Now it's only 7.12....... wtf

Dec 13, 2019 7:14 AM
NotFred said:

lol i like vinland saga and Chiharafuru... that's legal right?

Dec 13, 2019 5:50 PM

The average score if you leave out all the 1's is now 8.87 .

Dec 13, 2019 10:31 PM
I've stayed on mal inspite of it's flaws with a lot of things, such as it's third party api stuff still not working. My favorite show being BLATANTLY brigaded by bots and having absolutely NO response is making me lose confidence in this website.

This is the kind of thing that is going to kill off this site if it's not fixed.

Dec 14, 2019 12:14 AM

Why this shit isn't fixed yet? C'mon 22.2% of score 1, just how pathetic someone can be for using bots because they dislike a show...

Dec 14, 2019 12:29 AM

Lmao its so obvious that the mal score dont match on the quality of this anime

Chihayafuru is so good that it dont deserve a 6+ rating

Pity to those downvoting this great anime its so rare this day to have this kind of shows with great story and character development
Waitin for Shingeki no Kyojin Season 4..............

Dec 14, 2019 7:22 AM

SapphyeePH said:
Lmao its so obvious that the mal score dont match on the quality of this anime

Chihayafuru is so good that it dont deserve a 6+ rating

Pity to those downvoting this great anime its so rare this day to have this kind of shows with great story and character development

But those people aren't actually people, they are bots being used by some individuals from other anime fandom..
Score 1 with 22.2% voters from an anime that doesn't really have many downside is probably the very obvious proof..

Dec 14, 2019 7:38 AM
I was wondering what the hell was going on when I saw the score barely above a 7 when everyone I've have heard has been talking positive about this season. Now I see the reason.

Dec 14, 2019 8:55 AM

wow i had no idea that such thing even exists... creating bots to downvote a cartoon on a cartoon website? lol very serious business

even though i dont' care about the rating itself i hope they do something about the issue because like who wants to have an account on a site where such clownery allowed, i'm too old for that
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .

Dec 15, 2019 6:44 AM

Alright, confirmed. We humans can stoop even lower. Well played, anime community. On a scale of 1 to "Down-voting-a-great-show-because-I-have-no-life", how petty can you be?

Haven't really watched the series, but heard lots of good stuffs about it.

Dec 16, 2019 8:14 AM

MehmetY said:

Just checked the characters tab , glad to see Okabe at top!

Dec 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Its been a month now and still nothing has been fixed.

Dec 17, 2019 5:54 AM

Fionavar said:
Seems like they are deleting bot accounts everyday. The anime gets back something like 0.01 point a day. In few months it should get the score it had but pointless if the trolls wanna downvote again lol.

+ Nobody except the ones who read this topic would know it was the top anime of fall 2019

Dec 17, 2019 6:50 AM

It's good to see Chihayafuru 3's score rising, even if slowly and just a little bit.

Does anyone know when this script aimed for deleting bot accounts is will be implemented?

Dec 17, 2019 8:52 AM

Tsumilk said:
Fionavar said:
Seems like they are deleting bot accounts everyday. The anime gets back something like 0.01 point a day. In few months it should get the score it had but pointless if the trolls wanna downvote again lol.

+ Nobody except the ones who read this topic would know it was the top anime of fall 2019

Ahaha no. They dont delete shit, people simply keep upvoting the anime hence why the score slowly keeps crawling back.

Dec 17, 2019 2:20 PM

Fionavar said:
Tsumilk said:

Ahaha no. They dont delete shit, people simply keep upvoting the anime hence why the score slowly keeps crawling back.

Exactly, the trolling stopped around 1531 1/10 votes. Now only +20 1/10 votes from "normal" user (but is it normal to watch 50 episodes of Chihayafuru and score 1/10 the third season? oh wait, just average hater), so it is indeed just changing thanks of upvoting.

@Adnash93 Nothing was announced yet, but any relevant information should appear on the page below: "a site-wide announcement will be made." Another way to say "don't ask for updates!" in my opinion.

Official announcement thread.

It has been 17 days since the resolution of this problem was described as "high priority".

Dec 17, 2019 2:37 PM

At 12 episodes will the scores stop being counted?

Dec 17, 2019 9:14 PM

I really hope this gets a fix, it ruins the integrity of the site that things like that are allowed to happen. If it’s not fixed the score will be forever tainted by this and it just keeps getting worse, the scores dropped so low it’s insane! If it’s not fixed then anyone looking back who doesn’t know about what’s going on will think it’s either a love it or hate it show. And I’m sure some people do just hate it and do just wanna give a 1 but it’s so obvious that this is mostly trolls and it’s going to cause problems in the future and forever if it’s not fixed. Media Do needs to realise how much western public perception is affected by MAL.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!

Dec 18, 2019 7:46 AM

Meusnier said:
@Adnash93 Nothing was announced yet, but any relevant information should appear on the page below: "a site-wide announcement will be made." Another way to say "don't ask for updates!" in my opinion.

Official announcement thread.

It has been 17 days since the resolution of this problem was described as "high priority".

Thank you for your response. Too bad... but I still hope this script or whatever tool to fight with bots downvoting animes and mangas will be implemented one day.

Dec 18, 2019 1:59 PM
How disappointing that such a dumb abuse is possible in such relatively know anime list site. Now all we lack for some hentai to make it into top 10...

Dec 19, 2019 12:07 PM

Still not solved? What are you doing MAL?

Dec 20, 2019 7:33 AM
Solve it! Come on!

Dec 21, 2019 10:58 AM

It is getting ridiculous. How can it not be solved by such a big website database as MAL ?

Dec 21, 2019 6:05 PM

leftsockstealing said:
The average score if you leave out all the 1's is now 8.87 .
Dang. I am not even surprised. This show deserves it lol.

โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Dec 21, 2019 8:07 PM

Wow, this problem just got more and more out of hand with 1/5 votes being at 1 right now.
MAL really doesn't give a damn, do they?

Dec 21, 2019 8:30 PM

But why do they want to downgrade the score? That's so stupid, are they even competing against something?

Pages (25) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store