Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Dec 2, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
Catalano said:
Lol now it's 6.99 damn bots

It was 6.9 a couple of days ago, so it's raising, so unless we have now bots giving it 10's it's improving.

Dec 2, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2010
Heimur said:
Catalano said:
Lol now it's 6.99 damn bots

It was 6.9 a couple of days ago, so it's raising, so unless we have now bots giving it 10's it's improving.

I don't think the mods deleted the 1 score bots, it's the 10s. How can we trust mal if they don't even have a policy regarding these stuff. As if imdb doesn't have these problems.
Dec 3, 2019 2:26 AM

Aug 2018
This is plain stupid that a good anime like Chihayafuru having this low score but who trust mal scores anyway lmao get a life retards that downvoting this
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 3, 2019 9:50 AM
Jun 2013
I've only just noticed how low this is scored myself, mainly because I loved season 1 and 2 and didn't need to look at how others are viewing it. I love season 3 equally and to hell with others views.

That said, it peeked my interest. And although there is much in this thread I haven't had the time to read through and this may have already been done, I did a quick calculation and at the point of this post the stats are

Score No votes
10 1971
9 1343
8 1016
7 416
6 99
5 44
4 14
3 22
2 7
1 1547 (a whooping 23.9%)

The current rating being a 6.99% yet when taking out the 1 scores this shoots up to 8.87814 (rounded to 8.88). Probably more accurately reflecting true opinions.
Dec 3, 2019 12:48 PM
Feb 2019
Well, it's good to hear that action are being taken to fix this issue, at this point it was necessary; but with all this bot mess, I wanted to see something, just for fun: as most of the bots have 1/24 or -/24 episodes in their list, their scores wouldn't be counted in the general average when the show ends, so it would have been funny that because of the bots, Chihayafuru 3 had gone from less than 7 to a hypothetical ~9 score; just imagine it, it would take the community by a storm.

But know that this will be fixed, it's good to return to the mean score of the viewers, only thing left I'm wondering is how this will change the Top Anime, as we all know that practically all of them have suffered of downvoting and upvoting; it's just a matter of time at this point to see it, I'm sure it will be interesting, to say the least.
Dec 3, 2019 12:50 PM

May 2019
@mquinn2 Some people botted 10s on it to try to counter the 1 bots, realistically it should be 8.6x or 8.7
Dec 3, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2019
Kobayasan said:
@mquinn2 Some people botted 10s on it to try to counter the 1 bots, realistically it should be 8.6x or 8.7

It was already 8,60 before it got downvoted, pretty sure by now the score wouldve slightly increased.. So yeah probably more like 8,7ish
Dec 3, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2018
Kobayasan said:

Nah, even considering there were some people who spammed 10/10, the current real raw score is around 8.85
Dec 3, 2019 3:33 PM
Jun 2016
well the guys who scored 1s are m f c s d s a fisting s o a w
Dec 3, 2019 7:11 PM
Jan 2018
Yay it's finally the score is rising.
Dec 4, 2019 12:56 AM

Jul 2014
Same thing (But Chihayafuru's point difference bigger than BNHA) happened for BNHA Season 3 too. I reported a lot of (About 50+) accounts. But admins or moderator never responded me. This is so sad. I hope they will fix Chihayafuru.
Dec 4, 2019 3:15 AM

Jan 2019
MrTacobell said:
is this the biggest ratio of 1s in a anime?

Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 was in a similar situation before the votes were deleted iirc
Dec 4, 2019 3:59 AM
Mar 2014
is still no solution for fix the score?
Dec 4, 2019 10:30 AM

Sep 2016
"What kind of fuckery is this?" - Amy Winehouse
Why are people review-bombing this anime? For what reason? What do they gain from this?
I've never seen an anime's ratings go from high 8's to low 7's before. MAL needs to implement a system similar to what Steam has done with regards to review-bombing. Never knew people did this on MAL. Sad.
Dec 4, 2019 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
What is going on with this show? i haven't started S3 yet but I can't believe it is a 7.
Dec 4, 2019 8:30 PM

Oct 2019
Gar_Logan said:
What is going on with this show? i haven't started S3 yet but I can't believe it is a 7.

Got downvoted by bots, original score would be 8,60.
Dec 5, 2019 1:13 AM

Nov 2014
Ah, is that what happened? Good to know. Having a thread like this up is kinda nice, helps inform people on what is going on.

Not sure who or why, but meh. The sooner people get detached from MAL scores the better. This might just hasten the process, who knows? Maybe MAL devs should drop all scores to 1.00 for April fools and permanently for all I care
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 5, 2019 6:06 AM
Dec 2019

Show me evidence that Chihayafuru manga was banned and use reliable and credible source not some forum, Twitter or blog etc.

-EDIT-
Chihayafuru manga is still available and can be read in Chinese websites.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

It's banned in "China" by this site. If you use chinese IP, you can't find this manga.

Like me: https://imgur.com/a/ueC32hA

Other sites that banned Chihayafuru manga are bilibili and tencent. If you search "่Šฑ็‰Œๆƒ…็ผ˜“ on them,there is no result.

https://ac.qq.com/Comic/searchList?search=%E8%8A%B1%E7%89%8C%E6%83%85%E7%BC%98

https://manga.bilibili.com/search?from=manga_homepage&keyword=%E8%8A%B1%E7%89%8C%E6%83%85%E7%BC%98

The anime has not been banned for now.

sfgljadfdsDec 5, 2019 3:32 PM
Dec 5, 2019 9:11 AM

Jun 2019
BurningSpirit said:
Ah, is that what happened? Good to know. Having a thread like this up is kinda nice, helps inform people on what is going on.

Not sure who or why, but meh. The sooner people get detached from MAL scores the better. This might just hasten the process, who knows? Maybe MAL devs should drop all scores to 1.00 for April fools and permanently for all I care

Hopefully, they kept this thread open, since 6 others on the subject were all closed two days ago for the same arbitrary and generic reason. Otherwise, it is immensely likely that it originated from a Vinland fan because the downvoting started when Chihayafuru>Vinland in scores. But people start creating crazy explanations about what I would call the "Chinese hypothesis"; a simple chronology permits to assert that these arguments are worthless.
Dec 5, 2019 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
Bunille said:
1.5k+ people rating 1... ouch. More than a quarter of people rating gave it a 1, what the hell happened?
All the other seasons are more than above an 8 rating, so I checked the stats and oml.

Over a thousand is crazy, though.
Its a troll creating literally hundreds of accounts just to lower the score for this anime. Its actually just 1 person. Who literally has no life and I wouldnt be surprised if he has Down Syndrome or some other illness.
Dec 5, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
Meusnier said:
BurningSpirit said:

Hopefully, they kept this thread open, since 6 others on the subject were all closed two days ago for the same arbitrary and generic reason. Otherwise, it is immensely likely that it originated from a Vinland fan because the downvoting started when Chihayafuru>Vinland in scores. But people start creating crazy explanations about what I would call the "Chinese hypothesis"; a simple chronology permits to assert that these arguments are worthless.
Thanks for the clarification. Noticing the score, I just had a minor shock and wondered if there's drastic production issues that occurred. Then immediately realised that the friend I always talked to about Chihayafuru didn't mention anything of the sort.

I'm not particularly concerned about the score. I've lost faith in MAL scores about 2 seconds after looking around basically. I primarily get recommendations from friends I know, but if I do have to use MAL scores I have long developed ways to interpret MAL scores my own way.

For starters, if I needed to see if people thought the same way as me, I'd go to the stat tab and see what my MAL friends with similar tastes as me thought of it. I also vaguely know which genre tends to get overrated/underrated compared to what I tend to think of it. Multi-season shows that filter their audience through previous seasons yes like Chihayafuru will also tend to have their scores inflated, so I look at prefer interpreting the score of the first season for the most part.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 5, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2018
sfgljadfds said:

Show me evidence that Chihayafuru manga was banned and use reliable and credible source not some forum, Twitter or blog etc.

-EDIT-

It's banned in "China" by this site. If you use chinese IP, you can't find this manga.

Other sites that banned Chihayafuru manga are bilibili and tencent. If you search "่Šฑ็‰Œๆƒ…็ผ˜“ on them,there is no result.

https://manga.bilibili.com/search?from=manga_homepage&keyword=%E8%8A%B1%E7%89%8C%E6%83%85%E7%BC%98

sfgljadfds said:

-EDIT-

LOL! Another fresh and new duplicate accounts created just to spread "its Chinese fault" propaganda.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/sfgljadfds
Chihayafuru manga was not ban China, the reason you can't find them in those websites is because they are never there to begin with. Even if its true Chihayafuru manga was ban, that still doesn't prove they are the one down voting especially when you consider there is no down vote of Chihayafuru anime.
Papa_ScorchDec 5, 2019 8:41 PM
Dec 5, 2019 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
Well the manga got hit too in both direction

Some vinland saga trolls

Some fans 10/10

https://myanimelist.net/profile/nijono7449
https://myanimelist.net/profile/bokov95858

And i bet this shitshow goes on many other titles maybe with 2/9 scores. Never trust MAL scores, ever.
Dec 6, 2019 2:55 AM

May 2018

Thanks for sharing this.

This settle it then. It's Vinland Saga fan disguise as Chinese so that he can avoid Vinland Saga getting the backlash. There's no reason for him to give Vinland Saga 10/10 if he's a Chinese want to tarnish the author's reputation. As others has stated, the down vote started before the Tweet.
Dec 6, 2019 6:27 AM

Aug 2016
I feel sad that this happened to chihayafuru. Its such a amazing series. There are still like 1500 accounts that rated this show a 1/10, I honestly don't get this at all dont we all love anime. These guys are ruining the integrity of the system. Just why.
Mark_DingemanseDec 6, 2019 7:54 AM
Dec 6, 2019 7:59 AM

Mar 2013
We can always just adjust the score removing the 1's ~
Real score now would be around 9,17
Aka top of the season =)

Btw, I'm fully following the thread so I don't know what's the reason not to ban obviously fake acc that are harming one of the websites purposes, that being it's database.

Edit: I'm not fully following the thread* (that's what i meant to say)
HarusDec 6, 2019 11:50 AM
Dec 6, 2019 8:33 AM

Oct 2019
Harus said:
Aka top of the season =)

Btw, I'm fully following the thread so I don't know what's the reason not to ban obviously fake acc that are harming one of the websites purposes, that being it's database.

Oh the answers very simple. "Its too much work."
Dec 6, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
Fionavar said:
Harus said:
Aka top of the season =)

In other words, they are not enough to delete manually the accounts, and prefer to work on a permanent solution that is supposed to be at work since Monday (I have no idea how much time it will take them to finally remove the false accounts...). See the link to the answers of Luna and Kineta in the first post of this thread for more precise information here.
Dec 6, 2019 11:00 AM

Oct 2019
Meusnier said:
Fionavar said:

In other words, they are not enough to delete manually the accounts, and prefer to work on a permanent solution that is supposed to be at work since Monday (I have no idea how much time it will take them to finally remove the false accounts...). See the link to the answers of Luna and Kineta in the first post of this thread for more precise information here.

Oh of course they gave us a long excuse on why they think waiting for a permanent solution is better. However they also could just hire more mods and give them the permission to delete those accounts. Theres plenty of temporary solutions they could use instead of just waiting until someone else fixes shit for them.
Dec 6, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm I see
Just read the Luna's and Kineta's posts

I kinda agree with the idea of using this case to improve the 'anit troll' overall security.
Deleting 1500 ish accs would be easier but probably wouldn't fix the source of the problem and it would be just a matter of time until something similar happen again.

In any case at some point they will have to delete the fake accs, unless they change how the score system works.

All we can do is wait for updates.
Dec 6, 2019 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Well I'm relieved to see this is a trolling problem. I was shocked that this show had a 7.04...
Dec 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Jun 2019
Fionavar said:
Meusnier said:

Oh of course they gave us a long excuse on why they think waiting for a permanent solution is better. However they also could just hire more mods and give them the permission to delete those accounts. Theres plenty of temporary solutions they could use instead of just waiting until someone else fixes shit for them.

I cannot say that I am very satisfied with this solution because the "attack" only came from a few people who gave up at a point, so one could delete these 1500 accounts or so in a relatively short time normally. They should have done it because this is very likely the most extreme case in MAL history and we can suspect that this is damaging the series (modulo the 200 IQ move claimed by some, this hypothesis seems more likely to me). So it should be possible to delete them and to do something against score trolls in the future too.

Anyway, just hope that something will be done before the second part of S3 (after the airing period would not be tolerable, but I guess that problems should be resolved in a few weeks; hopefully before the black hole of New Year's Eve period).
Dec 6, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2019
Meusnier said:
Fionavar said:

I cannot say that I am very satisfied with this solution because the "attack" only came from a few people who gave up at a point, so one could delete these 1500 accounts or so in a relatively short time normally. They should have done it because this is very likely the most extreme case in MAL history and we can suspect that this is damaging the series (modulo the 200 IQ move claimed by some, this hypothesis seems more likely to me). So it should be possible to delete them and to do something against score trolls in the future too.

Anyway, just hope that something will be done before the second part of S3 (after the airing period would not be tolerable, but I guess that problems should be resolved in a few weeks; hopefully before the black hole of New Year's Eve period).

My biggest worry is that they will fix the score on season 3 but completly forget about the manga, which also got downvoted pretty badly.
Dec 8, 2019 12:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fionavar said:
Meusnier said:

My biggest worry is that they will fix the score on season 3 but completly forget about the manga, which also got downvoted pretty badly.
That's definitely not going to happen. The whole reason they haven't deleted accounts is because they're aiming to implement an automatic site-wide solution instead. It would affect every anime and manga entry on the whole website whenever it gets implemented

As a side note, I think LotGH might challenge FMA:B for the #1 spot on MAL again if/when this gets fixed. Not sure if it'll get past but it'll be at worst 2nd for sure
Dec 9, 2019 1:49 AM

Jun 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Fionavar said:

That's definitely not going to happen. The whole reason they haven't deleted accounts is because they're aiming to implement an automatic site-wide solution instead. It would affect every anime and manga entry on the whole website whenever it gets implemented

As a side note, I think LotGH might challenge FMA:B for the #1 spot on MAL again if/when this gets fixed. Not sure if it'll get past but it'll be at worst 2nd for sure

I have the feeling that LotGH will always be handicapped by its small fanbase. Even if it manages to temporarily surpass FMAB (or even S;G/HxH) after the illegitimate accounts are deleted, there's probably going to be some fanboys with legitimate accounts (as in, not bots nor alts, just regular users) who will be butthurt and downvote it. And I don't think there's anything MAL can do against that since no rule prevents a user from giving a low score to a series for petty reasons.
Dec 9, 2019 9:51 AM

Feb 2019
This anime is still getting bot treatment? Damn.

I'm still waiting for a legit proof that VS fans did it.
Dec 9, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2019
NotFred said:

They literally created bots upvoting VS, and downvoting Chihayafuru what more proof do you need lol?
Dec 9, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Fionavar said:
NotFred said:

They literally created bots upvoting VS, and downvoting Chihayafuru what more proof do you need lol?

That's a pretty weak proof. Don't underestimate the trolls these days. That can be anyone who is just bored and wants to create shit between fandoms. That's the internet for you. Im not saying that VS fanboys are not guilty, just want to point out that it can be anyone. Vs fanboys may be the mine suspects, but it can be anyone who just wants to troll, without any different motive.
Dec 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Oct 2019
NotFred said:
Fionavar said:

That's a pretty weak proof. Don't underestimate the trolls these days. That can be anyone who is just bored and wants to create shit between fandoms. That's the internet for you. Im not saying that VS fanboys are not guilty, just want to point out that it can be anyone. Vs fanboys may be the mine suspects, but it can be anyone who just wants to troll, without any different motive.

Yeah im sorry but thats very very unlikely, again no proof but they downvoted Chihayafuru as soon as it overtook VS. If they didnt care about VS why didnt they downvote it earlier already? Im sorry but that is most certainly not a councidence
Dec 9, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Fionavar said:
NotFred said:

Yeah im sorry but thats very very unlikely, again no proof but they downvoted Chihayafuru as soon as it overtook VS. If they didnt care about VS why didnt they downvote it earlier already? Im sorry but that is most certainly not a councidence

Good point, but from what I remember it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why is Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.
NotFredDec 9, 2019 4:49 PM
Dec 9, 2019 2:03 PM

Jun 2019
NotFred said:
Fionavar said:

Good point, but from what I remember why it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why I Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.

Although the VS hypothesis is quite likely (even if it was first during two days, it just shows that downvoters did not decide immediately to "take action"), the reason why they continued to downvote may be harder to explain. My own hypothesis is that Chihayafuru fans (and also people who care about bot issues) started to create threads to report the issue and to get really irritated by the lack of action from admins/mods. Seeing this "success", the haters found it funny to continue until the show dropped below 7. Arsonists enjoy to see the firemen at work; bigger the fire the better.

Otherwise, I said "they", but the downvoting seems to be just from a few users, and this is why no one should blame VS fans for this. By the way, it has been a week since they announced to work on solution; is this taking really so much time to automatically delete bots? Depends on the number of people working on it though.
Dec 10, 2019 12:18 AM

Feb 2019
Meusnier said:
NotFred said:

Good point, but from what I remember why it was number 1 for atleast 2 days. Then it got botted by trolls. Of course I may be wrong. Also why I Chihafayuri getting botted? If VS fanboys wanted the first place, then they could just botted it to 8.20, then the 1st place would be safe until the anime ends. That's why I believe that it's just for trolling isntead of securing the 1st place. As I said, I could be wrong.

Although the VS hypothesis is quite likely (even if it was first during two days, it just shows that downvoters did not decide immediately to "take action"), the reason why they continued to downvote may be harder to explain. My own hypothesis is that Chihayafuru fans (and also people who care about bot issues) started to create threads to report the issue and to get really irritated by the lack of action from admins/mods. Seeing this "success", the haters found it funny to continue until the show dropped below 7. Arsonists enjoy to see the firemen at work; bigger the fire the better.

Otherwise, I said "they", but the downvoting seems to be just from a few users, and this is why no one should blame VS fans for this. By the way, it has been a week since they announced to work on solution; is this taking really so much time to automatically delete bots? Depends on the number of people working on it though.

Couldn't agree more. The attention it gotten added fuel to the fire. Also they already blocked VPN's which is something. We better watch and see.
Dec 10, 2019 12:04 PM

Feb 2017
Is this gonna get fixed anytime soon? I don't even know why people would score bomb this show.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Dec 10, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I've been ignoring this for weeks, but seeing that it doesn't get any resolve is PISSING ME OFF. A few friends already came to me to ask if the "quality of this season had dropped". Madhouse is doing a stunning work and yet this is what happens. Seriously. This is so aggravating.
Dec 10, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Fionavar said:

I'm pretty sure most seasons of Gintama will surpass all of the aforementioned top series
Dec 10, 2019 2:28 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Byniavo said:
HaXXspetten said:

I'm pretty sure most seasons of Gintama will surpass all of the aforementioned top series
LotGH has even more percentage downvotes than any Gintama entry so no they wouldn't get past that, but yes they will also be high up there. The 2015 Gintama season will probably be third on the site at worst from what I can see comparing their stats pages
Dec 10, 2019 3:24 PM
Aug 2018
New its only 7.09..... This is so sad, what is wrong with people? Can't we just love both shows? And what if one or the another has a higher score on MAL? I don1t understand. These 1* peoples are crazy maniacs or something... :(
Dec 10, 2019 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
IT'S STILL HERE! WTF MAL?!
Read Toriko!
Dec 10, 2019 9:23 PM
Oct 2018
pathetic people do pathetic thing , it a good anime , THE END
Dec 10, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2018
As a Vinland fan, these people are shaming the Vinland community! I'm embarrassed to know they even voted Vinland a 10. Total and completely utter disrespect to both Makoto Yukimura and Yuki Suetsugu!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.