Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2019 10:34 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Byniavo said:

I'm pretty sure most seasons of Gintama will surpass all of the aforementioned top series
LotGH has even more percentage downvotes than any Gintama entry so no they wouldn't get past that, but yes they will also be high up there. The 2015 Gintama season will probably be third on the site at worst from what I can see comparing their stats pages
Yep, LotGH and Gintama suffer too much from botting. I highly doubt it but hope that the solution MAL comes up with is efficient enough.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 11, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2011
It has been over a month since it started. I would like to know why it still hasn't been dealt with. It isn't a rocket science and I don't buy it would take as much time and effort as administrators try to make us believe.
Dec 11, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2019
MehmetY said:
cchigu said:
Yep, LotGH and Gintama suffer too much from botting. I highly doubt it but hope that the solution MAL comes up with is efficient enough.

Even it hasn't too many users I think RAL's scores are more accurate for TOP 150 since there is no bot accounts.

Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting, but since both sample should be from the same distribution, I am quite surprised by the big variance for Aria (+0.53). Do you think that this is because the fanbase is small or because of haters (I indeed notice 1.8% of1/10 while the rate is <0.5% for many top shows, with a clear anomaly of 0.9% for SnK S3P2). I would be quite surprised that a peaceful slice of life like Aria be the target of haters, but after the Chihayafuru case, I start to believe that everything is possible concerning score manipulation.

Otherwise, I understand the big difference with KnY because of the hype of this year, but to see Code Geass R2 at the same level as Symphogear XV (and R1) makes me wonder about the relevance of RAL's scores. I guess that my hypothesis on the distributions is flawed somewhere.

By the way, you should have said that Chihayafuru 3 is 8.72 (+1.62 comparing with today's Chihafuru's score). I wanted to add an exclamation mark, but I am afraid that haters will interpret them as factorials... I am also glad to see my favorite show with a 8.90 score, just the same as MAL when it was airing (8.89 if I recall correctly, so it confirms some haters move).

@Linaeris If just one guy is working alone a few hours a week on these issues, it might take months to be solved. Rocket science is faster because people need to finish their papers before all sorts of deadlines, even forgetting the self-imposed ones :-) I just hope that it will be before New Year's Eve blackhole and in the worst case before the end of Chihayafuru's airing.
Dec 11, 2019 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
@Meusnier
Almost 3 weeks ago I wrote that it was more less 2 weeks since it started and that I wouldn't mind waiting another 2 weeks believing that admins would deal with the problem within that period of time. Since then we didn't have many new bots so dealing with the issue shouldn't be a problem even if they had to do it one by one (which shouldn't be a problem since the span of time wasn't that big, Chihayafuru 3 didn't have 200k users, bots name patterns were rather easy as well as time of account creation and their anime title lists and scores... heck they are even listed here) provided that they were actually doing it.
If it was just one guy with a few hours a week of spare time it should be that much easier to deal with.

As far as I remember dealing with illegitimate accounts back when the forum thread was still open usually took up to few days - to actually delete the ones that were reported (and they were for different reasons on a daily basis so checking them and deciding whether to delete them was harder and more time-consuming).

If admins aren't going to do anything with the ones already existing at all or at least until devs implement their magical device I wouldn't count on it to be done this year (btw "this year" for most of anime industry doesn't end on 31st of December) or any time soon for that matter.

People simply want to get a few simple answers ("Yes" or "No") for a few simple questions.
LinaerisDec 11, 2019 3:06 PM
Dec 12, 2019 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
ain't my problem.
Dec 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Jun 2019
Linaeris said:
@Meusnier
Almost 3 weeks ago I wrote that it was more less 2 weeks since it started and that I wouldn't mind waiting another 2 weeks believing that admins would deal with the problem within that period of time. Since then we didn't have many new bots so dealing with the issue shouldn't be a problem even if they had to do it one by one (which shouldn't be a problem since the span of time wasn't that big, Chihayafuru 3 didn't have 200k users, bots name patterns were rather easy as well as time of account creation and their anime title lists and scores... heck they are even listed here) provided that they were actually doing it.
If it was just one guy with a few hours a week of spare time it should be that much easier to deal with.

As far as I remember dealing with illegitimate accounts back when the forum thread was still open usually took up to few days - to actually delete the ones that were reported (and they were for different reasons on a daily basis so checking them and deciding whether to delete them was harder and more time-consuming).

If admins aren't going to do anything with the ones already existing at all or at least until devs implement their magical device I wouldn't count on it to be done this year (btw "this year" for most of anime industry doesn't end on 31st of December) or any time soon for that matter.

People simply want to get a few simple answers ("Yes" or "No") for a few simple questions.

From what I understood from admins answers, they will not manually delete false accounts any more and just wait for the general solution to solve all issues. We should just wait for a miracle.
Dec 12, 2019 7:28 PM
May 2016
What's wrong with the score? Now it's only 7.12....... wtf
Dec 13, 2019 7:14 AM
Feb 2017
NotFred said:
This anime is still getting bot treatment? Damn.

I'm still waiting for a legit proof that VS fans did it.

lol i like vinland saga and Chiharafuru... that's legal right?
Dec 13, 2019 5:50 PM

Nov 2017
The average score if you leave out all the 1's is now 8.87 .
Dec 13, 2019 10:31 PM
Aug 2015
I've stayed on mal inspite of it's flaws with a lot of things, such as it's third party api stuff still not working. My favorite show being BLATANTLY brigaded by bots and having absolutely NO response is making me lose confidence in this website.

This is the kind of thing that is going to kill off this site if it's not fixed.
Dec 14, 2019 12:14 AM

Jul 2014
Why this shit isn't fixed yet? C'mon 22.2% of score 1, just how pathetic someone can be for using bots because they dislike a show...
Dec 14, 2019 12:29 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao its so obvious that the mal score dont match on the quality of this anime

Chihayafuru is so good that it dont deserve a 6+ rating

Pity to those downvoting this great anime its so rare this day to have this kind of shows with great story and character development
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 14, 2019 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
SapphyeePH said:
Lmao its so obvious that the mal score dont match on the quality of this anime

Chihayafuru is so good that it dont deserve a 6+ rating

Pity to those downvoting this great anime its so rare this day to have this kind of shows with great story and character development

But those people aren't actually people, they are bots being used by some individuals from other anime fandom..
Score 1 with 22.2% voters from an anime that doesn't really have many downside is probably the very obvious proof..
Dec 14, 2019 7:38 AM
Apr 2012
I was wondering what the hell was going on when I saw the score barely above a 7 when everyone I've have heard has been talking positive about this season. Now I see the reason.
Dec 14, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2007
wow i had no idea that such thing even exists... creating bots to downvote a cartoon on a cartoon website? lol very serious business

even though i dont' care about the rating itself i hope they do something about the issue because like who wants to have an account on a site where such clownery allowed, i'm too old for that
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 15, 2019 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
Alright, confirmed. We humans can stoop even lower. Well played, anime community. On a scale of 1 to "Down-voting-a-great-show-because-I-have-no-life", how petty can you be?

Haven't really watched the series, but heard lots of good stuffs about it.
Dec 16, 2019 8:14 AM
Mar 2018
MehmetY said:

Even it hasn't too many users I think RAL's scores are more accurate for TOP 150 since there is no bot accounts.

Just checked the characters tab , glad to see Okabe at top!
Dec 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2019
Its been a month now and still nothing has been fixed.
Dec 17, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2019
Fionavar said:
Seems like they are deleting bot accounts everyday. The anime gets back something like 0.01 point a day. In few months it should get the score it had but pointless if the trolls wanna downvote again lol.

+ Nobody except the ones who read this topic would know it was the top anime of fall 2019
Dec 17, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
It's good to see Chihayafuru 3's score rising, even if slowly and just a little bit.

Does anyone know when this script aimed for deleting bot accounts is will be implemented?
Dec 17, 2019 8:52 AM

Oct 2019
Tsumilk said:
Fionavar said:
Seems like they are deleting bot accounts everyday. The anime gets back something like 0.01 point a day. In few months it should get the score it had but pointless if the trolls wanna downvote again lol.

+ Nobody except the ones who read this topic would know it was the top anime of fall 2019

Ahaha no. They dont delete shit, people simply keep upvoting the anime hence why the score slowly keeps crawling back.
Dec 17, 2019 2:20 PM

Jun 2019
Fionavar said:
Tsumilk said:

Ahaha no. They dont delete shit, people simply keep upvoting the anime hence why the score slowly keeps crawling back.

Exactly, the trolling stopped around 1531 1/10 votes. Now only +20 1/10 votes from "normal" user (but is it normal to watch 50 episodes of Chihayafuru and score 1/10 the third season? oh wait, just average hater), so it is indeed just changing thanks of upvoting.

@Adnash93 Nothing was announced yet, but any relevant information should appear on the page below: "a site-wide announcement will be made." Another way to say "don't ask for updates!" in my opinion.

Official announcement thread.

It has been 17 days since the resolution of this problem was described as "high priority".
Dec 17, 2019 2:37 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
At 12 episodes will the scores stop being counted?
Dec 17, 2019 9:14 PM

Nov 2013
I really hope this gets a fix, it ruins the integrity of the site that things like that are allowed to happen. If it’s not fixed the score will be forever tainted by this and it just keeps getting worse, the scores dropped so low it’s insane! If it’s not fixed then anyone looking back who doesn’t know about what’s going on will think it’s either a love it or hate it show. And I’m sure some people do just hate it and do just wanna give a 1 but it’s so obvious that this is mostly trolls and it’s going to cause problems in the future and forever if it’s not fixed. Media Do needs to realise how much western public perception is affected by MAL.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Dec 18, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
Meusnier said:
@Adnash93 Nothing was announced yet, but any relevant information should appear on the page below: "a site-wide announcement will be made." Another way to say "don't ask for updates!" in my opinion.

Official announcement thread.

It has been 17 days since the resolution of this problem was described as "high priority".

Thank you for your response. Too bad... but I still hope this script or whatever tool to fight with bots downvoting animes and mangas will be implemented one day.
Dec 18, 2019 1:59 PM
Mar 2013
How disappointing that such a dumb abuse is possible in such relatively know anime list site. Now all we lack for some hentai to make it into top 10...
Dec 19, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
Still not solved? What are you doing MAL?
Dec 20, 2019 7:33 AM
Dec 2018
Solve it! Come on!
Dec 21, 2019 10:58 AM

Nov 2019
It is getting ridiculous. How can it not be solved by such a big website database as MAL ?
Dec 21, 2019 6:05 PM

Jul 2012
leftsockstealing said:
The average score if you leave out all the 1's is now 8.87 .
Dang. I am not even surprised. This show deserves it lol.
Dec 21, 2019 8:07 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, this problem just got more and more out of hand with 1/5 votes being at 1 right now.
MAL really doesn't give a damn, do they?
Dec 21, 2019 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
But why do they want to downgrade the score? That's so stupid, are they even competing against something?
Dec 21, 2019 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
davidbautista said:
But why do they want to downgrade the score? That's so stupid, are they even competing against something?
Chihayafuru season 3 was beating someone's fave anime (Vinland Saga) - Allegedly
Dec 22, 2019 8:11 AM

Oct 2019
Just wanna remind everyone that its still not fucking fixed. "Top priority" my ass.
Dec 22, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2007
woah.. some people srsly waste their time on creating bots to downvote anime score? i guess, kids are really crazy these days.

Dec 22, 2019 7:32 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This is never getting fixed lol.
Dec 23, 2019 1:08 AM

Jun 2019
It seems that "top priority" was the short version for "top priority for the new intern in charge of the problem who knows shit about coding and is spending 8 hours a day surfing on the Internet and asking on fora "How the hell can I fix bot issues on MAL?" but finally lost hope and sent a letter to Santa Claus."
Dec 23, 2019 4:11 AM

Aug 2018
nah they're not gonna fix the bot problem,imagine the shitshow if all anime entry,or those top 50 anime true scores suddenly got revealed,the ranking probably stay the same but the scores gonna change ,imagine pissing off all cancer anime fanbase at once,too much hassle.
Dec 23, 2019 4:38 AM

Jun 2012
noregretmyman said:
nah they're not gonna fix the bot problem,imagine the shitshow if all anime entry,or those top 50 anime true scores suddenly got revealed,the ranking probably stay the same but the scores gonna change ,imagine pissing off all cancer anime fanbase at once,too much hassle.

I want that to happen, the nuclear meltdown would be amazing!
Dec 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Nov 2018
I think it's quite funny to see it scored so low despite the other seasons being rated quite high
Dec 23, 2019 11:36 AM
Nov 2019
Okay the score grow up a little but still... Didn’t they said that the development to solve the problem should began “next week” (which is already a few week)?
Dec 23, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
It's December. Plus! They been "busy" on other things like free manga and a concert. This problem is probably not very high up on their to do list.

I'd say mid-Jan at the earliest, if they actually care any more.

MAL's more worried about trying to make a profit than fix their 15 year old system.
Dec 26, 2019 12:18 AM
Jan 2013
How come it’s not solved yet?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 26, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2018
Glordit said:
It's December. Plus! They been "busy" on other things like free manga and a concert. This problem is probably not very high up on their to do list.

I'd say mid-Jan at the earliest, if they actually care any more.

MAL's more worried about trying to make a profit than fix their 15 year old system.

That is the reality of the situation, unfortunately. Profit>>>anything else, especially since sites like MAL do not earn much (even with the number of MAL members).

Another problem is that this fix will change the scores of all anime and may create further harassment of shows like LoGH and Gintama suddenly shooting up to first place.
Dec 27, 2019 7:43 AM

Nov 2017
At this point, it seems like MAL doesn't give a shit. How long has it been?

Dec 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2019
KireiHanabi said:

over a month since this post was created. as for when the actual downvoting started? add another week or two.
Dec 27, 2019 7:13 PM
Oct 2012
KireiHanabi said:

They even went out with their facebook campaign of highest rated series of 2019 including ongoing shows ignoring completely Chihayafuru issue. They don't give a sh"t if their credibility is on the floor.
Dec 27, 2019 8:58 PM

Nov 2017
rooru-kun said:
KireiHanabi said:

They even went out with their facebook campaign of highest rated series of 2019 including ongoing shows ignoring completely Chihayafuru issue. They don't give a sh"t if their credibility is on the floor.
You just can't rely on Mal scores anymore. It's just what MAL community has become.

Dec 28, 2019 4:12 AM

Mar 2018
I wonder what they're gonna write about this in their seasonal statistics article thingy.
Dec 28, 2019 4:38 AM

Feb 2014
If at least they could keep us up about what they're doing about it, it would be great.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.