Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
landofthekwt said:
shanimebib said:

3-gastu no Lion doesn't need a third season at this moment. The tankoubon numbers are incredible for a seinen manga. Also, only enough material for a third season (and a half), so wait at least another year.

3 gatsu no lion has 166 chapters right now which means that over 70 chapters remain unanimated at the present time

That's why I said only enough content for a third season and a half which is not enough for anime adaptations, generally (the exceptions are long running shounen). Anime is basically a form of advertisement and 3-gatsu doesn't need any advert right now given the numbers it is achieving. Let the manga reach some ~200 chapters, only then we can start hoping, realistically (that's me being a realistic huge fan).

Also, Umino Chika-sensei confirmed that 3-gatsu will last for a timeline of 7-9 years. Momo will be a third year joshikousei by then.
shanimebibOct 29, 2019 7:50 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 29, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2017
Rip the Kyoto trip lining up with the Queen match. I hope Chihaya will find away to get out of it. I wasn't expecting to be back in another tournament so soon. I doubt it will last very long tho.
Oct 30, 2019 3:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode!

Arata is making a team of his own now, I can't wait to see how that goes! God, he really was adorable this episode though. And whoo-hoo, dat compliment! I expected Chihaya to fly off to planet nine xD.

Meanwhile, Chihaya's right-hand is back and rocking as always! Taichi, you've still got a long way to go I'm afraid. What was the score of her game with that Fujisaki former senpai though? I really hope it wasn't too close a contest, I need Chihaya vs. Arata to happen in this arc!

On another note, Kana x Komano! Omg, that was so sweet~
God, they really deserve more love!

Op visuals are pretty awesome and the song pretty good too but the ED sure feels different from the previous ones and honestly I'm half-half on this. It wasn't bad by any means but just about 'okay', I suppose. Hopefully, it'll grow on me over the 2 cours.

And I'm off to the next episode right now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 30, 2019 6:57 AM

Feb 2011
OH YES FINALLY GET TO SEE ARATA'S ADORABLE FACE FROM THIS SEASON , OMG, YESSSSS HIS CUTENESS IS SO PRICELESS, GORGEOUS , SO OVERLY EXCITED OF WATCHING THIS FABULOUS SERIES!!!!! Arata wanting to recruit is own was sweet ( as a manga reader really made me cheer for Arata once more for his great success for all his goals). The Chihaya x Arata moment is SUPER CUTE, Arata feeling embarrassed compliment Chihaya was really adorable ( plus his and her blushing face was bonus for us shippers, OH YES!!!!!!), the best surprise that happen is that we got see TWO NEW EPISODES THIS WEEK, AWESOME , and YES I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE NEXT TWO NEXT WEEK, GIVE US MOREE!!!!!!! XD
sweetangieOct 30, 2019 7:03 AM
Oct 30, 2019 10:11 AM

Mar 2016
Are there other sports anime with a main heroine that should deserve more attention too?
Oct 30, 2019 2:49 PM
Apr 2018
Another Great episode.
The character development was good for all characters including the main cast.
Arata slowly coming out of his shy shell to recruit members, Chihaya coming back on track from injury, Most importantly Taichi actually focusing more on the game and getting passionate for it .

Hanano also giving her best to get close and be recognized by Taichi.
Even Nishida getting stronger, gave a tough fight to Sudo even with skill gap.

My two Favorite moments from the episode

Kanade and Tsutomu having their heartwarming and cute moments, with kanade watching and supporting him. Really shipping these two.

And finally the best moment

Loved chihaya's ear twitching to detect arata & both of them blushing and getting Embarassed. These two are so adorable. Love them <3
Nov 1, 2019 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
Holy crap this episode went by so quickly. I was so surprised when the ED started playing (which I like btw)! Great episode to get back into the swing of things with another tournament ... and I really do wonder what Chihaya will do about the class trip (I've forgotten) :O The whole individual is a team match thing ... wow, I love it! Really great how everyone supports their friends and teammates in the Yoshino tournament. Also yeah, I'm surprised that we finished with the training camp so quickly but I guess it was only 2 days. Really nice moment with Kana and Komano at the end there as well :3 Plus looks like Arata is gonna start a high school team as well! All I can say is I'm glad there was a double release this week so I can watch ep3 right away ... AKA now! XD
Nov 2, 2019 9:56 AM

Feb 2008
The homeroom teacher dropped some pretty powerful lines.

Kanade was rather sublime as well, her policy of small good deeds and comforting Tsutomu were absolutely commendable.
Nov 3, 2019 1:51 AM

Dec 2014
welll the second semester and already tension.... welll I am just on a edge of my seat now
Nov 5, 2019 5:35 PM
Mar 2017
Arata finally came back and made me laugh a lot when he tried to recruit students to form a Karuta team, seeing him embarrassed is too much fun, although I think he is still impressed to see how Chihaya and Taichi work as a team, I would even dare to intuit that he has a little envy when he sees them having fun and trying so hard.

I love that Kana wants Chihaya and Taichi to be a couple, but is clear that there is only rivalry between them at the moment, but the most important thing is that the passion and desire to win that the team members have is admirable, especially Sumire who I remember that she was not very interested in Karuta, but now she was encouraging Chihaya to use her right hand and that impressed me.
What a disgrace that the tournament is the same day of their excursion, obviously the most affected is poor Chihaya (she looked as if they had dyed her soul black), Kana reminded me of a Zashiki Warashi when she presumed all that luck she has accumulated.

Chihaya is on fire now that she can finally use her right hand and now she is ready for the Yoshino tournament and the spirits are on, many strong rivals and among them is the good boy Arata.
The encounter of Chihaya and Arata was very cute, that is to say seeing Arata embarrassed and he telling Chihaya that she looks beautiful wearing that Hakama was too much fun and Chihaya's reaction was pure gold, too adorable, Chihaya is too adorable.
Kana is the best, really that moment when she stops Tsukue-kun from hitting his face, it is understandable the frustration he felt, but luckily Kana was there to support him, i also admit that they both look adorable in this situation so cozy.

Ufff ... things are tense in this tournament, Chihaya and Taichi will give everything to win, especially because they will not be able to attend the tournament they had planned to participate, but something tells me that Chihaya and Taichi will encounter some odd surprise between the participants.
At last we have the visuals of the Opening and the truth is very good and moving and as for the Ending it has very good music and the visuals are also of good quality.
Nov 10, 2019 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
Damn that sucks to have your schhol trip overlap with your important match

Haha Mashima have a backup plan already in case he lose the bet
Poor Nishida, his opponent is too much for him xD

Aww I feel bad Tsutomu, but Ooe she's there for him

Yea I forgot about individual match is team match because you can wear someone strong down before he/she reached your teammates
"Signature removed"
Nov 10, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2016
Really intense episode but pace was too fast hope its only this week, this time it was needed.
Nov 17, 2019 6:52 PM

Apr 2014
i forgot how much i loved Taichi's voice, so soothing. a lot of voices in general are pretty great in this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
What to say? Another great episode. :) Opening and ending are awesome.

Oe-chan and Komano-kun seem to like each other more and more.

Arata is shy, just as he was when he was a kid.

We had more Harada-sensei than in the previous episode. Let's just honore his former great seiyuu, Unshou Ishizuka, who died before Chihayafuru 3 began to be produced, so he couldn't voice Harada-sensei.
Also, Kenta Miyake is doing a fine job in voicing Harada-sensei. :-)
AdnashNov 26, 2019 7:42 PM
Dec 15, 2019 6:26 PM
Sep 2017
Hhnnnngggggg! That scene with Arata telling Chihaya she looks pretty in her hakama - my mouth made an “O” just like Chihaya’s did, then I squealed like a schoolgirl! Sorry Taichi - you’re awesome and I really hope you are happy in the future, because you deserve to be for sure, but I simply adore ChihayaXArata!
Apr 4, 2020 6:12 PM

Apr 2016
Chihaya's hand is healed and Taichi is getting better.

Damn we've already got a tournament 2 episodes in. Awesome!

That moment between Desktomu and Oe was cute af
Apr 10, 2020 1:51 PM
Jun 2014
Noticed something interesting while rewatching. In the classroom, Nishida is reading a poem written by Chihaya, part of the summer break assignment she was doing sitting in the hospital during the last season finale. The poem goes, "The magpie brought that voice to me. It will be my good luck charm for karuta." I think this refers to her phonecall to Arata last X'mas, where she says that cell phones are like the misty bridge (of magpie wings, connecting her to Arata) and that she was glad to hear his voice. So this makes it a third poem she wrote about Arata. Somebody tell Kana-chan! :P
May 4, 2020 12:26 PM
Feb 2016
There is no point for the whole "class outing takes place during the qualifiers" thing, because we all know that they will show up to the qualifiers. There is no way they would letit slip away. The fake tension never ends.

Why is Arata creating a karuta club at his school when he said that the only true club he sees is the one he had in elementary school with Taichi and Chihaya?
Is this being swept under the rug so that there can be more Arata/Chihaya moments ? Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

So,the narrative of "wearing out the enemies so my better team mates can win" which cost the yellow shirt chicks their win and was framed as bad thing is now being used by the author in regards to Chihaya's team ?

This smells like post hoc bullshit to justify the fact that everyone and everything is being nerfed in order to shine a light on Chihaya (and mabye Taichi too),which was already quite noticable but I'm glad that the author confirmed my thoughts.

I don't even know why I'm even bothering with this show anymore...
Jun 24, 2020 9:02 PM
Nov 2018
ED slaps hard! not feeling the OP, i feel its the weakest of the 3 so far. we'll see though. this episode moved really fast. looks like this tournament is gonna be a lengthy one
Mar 26, 2021 2:10 AM

Aug 2018
Ok, Yoshino Tournament to see what will happen, very good chapter and how they will do with the excursion.
Apr 17, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2015
I always find that Komano becomes excessive, I do not like this character very much. But I liked the scene with Kanade all the same.

Interesting quote from the teacher...
May 4, 2021 12:42 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It feels the same as the previous two seasons, but deep down it has evolved into something that just keeps going, it doesn’t stop, it’s all just go go go and I love it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 14, 2021 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
Well damn Sensei talked some real stuff there to his class, but I gotta admit I didn't fully understood everything of it. Really wholesome to see after Desktomu's loss that Oe-chan cheering up

Aug 15, 2021 12:36 PM

Apr 2021
That was a fun episode! The comedy aspect gets better and better with each episode, I had a few sincere laught-out-louds x3

I'm curious to see more romance tangles x3

Tsukue-kun and Kana-chan arealso super adorable together x3
i wish i was a cloud
Oct 3, 2021 6:36 AM

Feb 2019
Amazing as usual ^^

I wonder what Chihaya wrote on her form. Loved that Tsukue-kun x Kana-chan moment. Amazingly drawn as well!

I'm guessing that Arata's friend will eventually join his Karuta club down the line.
Apr 14, 2023 8:07 AM

Jul 2016
That's some good deep wisdom from the wheezy Japanese teacher dude

Hoped better for Komano, but at least he got to share a sweet moment with Kana. Wonder how long Taichi will last considering he just got to his class too.

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.