Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2019 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoy these type of shows. For some reason, despite the cases predictable, like it was obviously Saori and that mongoose guy working together, this show has its charm. While I was watching it, I didn't immediately read Mary's sister name so I assumed Lucy was her brother.

Also, I didn't expect James to be Moriarty. Oh boy.
臭い-
Oct 20, 2019 6:54 AM

Jan 2017
DannyTheDonkey said:
thebrentinator24 said:
I know it's only 2 episodes in but I hope the "case of the week" thing doesn't last too long. The show could potentially get stale if that's the case.

But the novel and even the tv series is bunch of collection of short stories. Although yeah 23 minutes is very short length to create a good mystery.

It is following the format similar to tv shows like Castle and White Collar where every episode features a new case but with a hidden background plot which eventually becomes central theme of the show. It takes time to build up but it is always worth the wait though I will agree that 23 minutes is really small to create a good mystery.
Oct 20, 2019 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, electro swing anime opening? Count me in.
Oct 20, 2019 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
Also, what's with Moriarty

Oct 20, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
the Scooby Doo chase sequence is cute tho lol
Oct 21, 2019 3:39 AM

Jul 2017
OP is swaggy-jazz and weird, but in a good taste.

I don't know how to feel about Sherlock in such a context, but this show definitely knows where to land it's charms. Definitely something worth giving a watch, but then having low expectations at the same time.

So that's the smart aleck James Moriarty, the boy who helped Watson in a slump. Didn't think that far...
KANLen09Oct 21, 2019 3:43 AM
Oct 22, 2019 7:25 AM
Apr 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
When the guy at the woman's audition hired her for her mole, I immediately laughed; this is 'The Red-Headed League'!! They actually made that disastrously crazy story even crazier.

Moriarty is acting strange. He is cute, but I know enough about Sherlock Holmes to know he can't be trusted.

I also recognized the story immediately, but I'm gonna drop it if they keep recycling Sherlock Holmes stories. After all, it's no fun when you already know the culprit (except Columbo TV series of course XD)
Oct 22, 2019 1:44 PM
Jan 2019
A second episode just as funny or even more than the previous one. Sherlock is crazy. Poor Watson, he is treated as a maid, hahaha, Sherlock should be more grateful since he saved his life. I can't believe they got 21 million yen.
What I like about the cases is that I cannot deduce almost anything, in the end it turns out to be a surprise. Sherlock is on another level xD. Without a doubt, it is a good anime of mystery and comedy.

I can't believe the young man is James Moriarty, a crime genius and Sherlock's enemy. It's like a bad Sherlock, but here he seems like a nice guy.

Ps: I loved that the ending is interpreted by "Lozareena" 😁.
Oct 23, 2019 9:45 AM
Aug 2017
I'm really curious on where the story is going,what are they trying to do with the Sherlock Holmes story,what are the twist,and many more . The ending of the 2nd episode really got me shocked and curious. Overall,for me,it is a really good anime. It is totally my style of anime. Also my taste of music,art,humour and animation👍🏼
ShafwanOct 23, 2019 9:48 AM
Oct 24, 2019 3:12 PM

Mar 2009
Who knew they could make a Sherlock series so...dull? And the rakugo is so weird, but I guess it works with Sherlock's quirky nature.

Otherwise, embarrassing stereotypes, lame character design with oddly square faces, and just simply not the best setting for a Sherlock series. This one's not for me.
Oct 24, 2019 7:09 PM

Aug 2019
Raging-Man said:
This show's depiction of lgbt people is yikes.

For real. Not only is this show disgusting, it is a crime to all Sherlock fans.

I also hate it how they depict Watson as a little bitch, doing the dishes and the laundry.
Oct 24, 2019 7:11 PM

Aug 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:
Mary's.. sister huh.. whatever happened to John at the end there. F

James is still a bit of a mystery.
I think it would be more enjoyable if I actually read some Sherlock but I have not a singke clue
It's kind of comedy x mystery with a very weird setting. I don't dislike it but guess I won't get 'the real experience' here

Trust me. If you liked this SHIT, then PLEASE read the books. Sherlock is nothing like this, just read it
Oct 24, 2019 7:13 PM

Aug 2019
Ashhk said:
The most ridiculous version of Sherlock Holmes ever.
OP is weird, wtf ? Sherlock looks more like a homeless than a detective.

Sherlock homeless, not gonna lie, that made me laugh
Oct 24, 2019 7:22 PM

Aug 2019
E_Creator said:
Ugh, unless they do something interesting with Moriarty in the future I see no reason to continue the show.

Same. Wonder why it's gonna run for 24 episodes
Oct 25, 2019 2:38 AM

Mar 2018
Frostyinside said:
K1ngOfSloth said:
Mary's.. sister huh.. whatever happened to John at the end there. F

James is still a bit of a mystery.
I think it would be more enjoyable if I actually read some Sherlock but I have not a singke clue
It's kind of comedy x mystery with a very weird setting. I don't dislike it but guess I won't get 'the real experience' here

Trust me. If you liked this SHIT, then PLEASE read the books. Sherlock is nothing like this, just read it
I know that Sherlock is nothing like this xd and I don't enjoy this that much tbh. Sherlock isn't really on my priority lost sorry to disappoint you

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 25, 2019 3:30 AM

Aug 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:
Frostyinside said:

I know that Sherlock is nothing like this xd and I don't enjoy this that much tbh. Sherlock isn't really on my priority lost sorry to disappoint you

Lol, it's ok. Give a try some day XD
Oct 31, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2018
I don't like this Sherlock or how he treats Watson. Like it made sense until he literally saved his life in the end. The damage he made to him accidentally is definitely cancelled now, his leg already healed anyway. Yet he still bosses him around like he owns him, meh. Watson deserves better.
Mary seems cute though, good design.
Nov 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
So, I was right and the "big brother" turned out to be an older sister otokoyaku. Now I wonder how far her siscon will go.

Raging-Man said:

This show touches queer people only through the eccentric culture of the area known for its nightlife. I don’t think they need to be representative. You won’t expect a realistic lesbian representation from shows like Strawberry Panic, right?

jhjcandioto said:
Raging-Man said:

The point of the show is that all of thew characters are weird. If they were all normal, the show would be a lot more serious and possibly good in its own way, but it wouldn't have the comedy that comes with the eccentric characters. Not only are the LGBT characters weird, but the majority of characters are weird. I mean look at Sherlock himself. The point of the characters being eccentric is due to the environment that they live in. So I don't believe that they are trying to say that the average LGBT person is like the LGBT characters in the show, but more that all of the characters in the show are weird.

Modern children are so sensitive that any approach other than the very serious and sympathetic will be considered offensive.

@Frostyinside Dude, I think almost all the people here read Conan Doyle. This show does not even try to be serious or claim the status of true adaptation, don't worry.
RobertBobertNov 14, 2019 7:13 PM
Nov 15, 2019 1:16 AM

Aug 2019
@RobertBobert ik most people here read Conan Doyle. It's just that I didn't know what I wanted this show to be like, but I definitely didn't want it to be like this.
That being said I'm kind of enjoying the show a bit more for what it is, but it's still just ok.
Nov 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Frostyinside said:
@RobertBobert ik most people here read Conan Doyle. It's just that I didn't know what I wanted this show to be like, but I definitely didn't want it to be like this.
That being said I'm kind of enjoying the show a bit more for what it is, but it's still just ok.

For me personally, this is just an attempt to unusually use classic characters. As a resident of Russia, I am not a big fan of the eccentric life of half-light, but again, for me personally, the characters and their interaction are charismatic enough to continue to watch the show. Likewise, I found a rather weird story about a romantic attraction between a wolf and a hunter, but Okami-san was interesting enough not to get hung up on it.
Nov 22, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
This is kind of like a mashup of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo and Baccano, a bad one at that! Uninteresting characters, comedy that's not even funny, uninteresting cases and stupid character names. Dropping it here. I'll just go back and watch Detective Conan instead, thank you.
Jan 16, 2020 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
Much better than the first episode, but still not fantastic
Jan 15, 2021 4:27 AM

Jul 2015
Kids are mad scary. Had my suspicions on Lucy's gender hearin her voice but her appearance definitely fooled me. Fujiko looks a lot better with that haircut.

Mar 12, 2021 7:16 AM

May 2020
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.