Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2019 4:42 AM

Jan 2017
For the folks who watch anime on youtube who's your favorite anituber? I personally don't watch any of the bigger people besides gigguk but there is a lot of smaller youtubers that are seriously good, for example these guys:

Scamboli Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_oFAUph4_8P3N_Xs-FGHg

Chibi Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChibiReviews/videos
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2019 4:48 AM
Dec 2016
RCAnime, Super Eyepatch Wolf, Alecxzander, Soul and Gigguk
Oct 12, 2019 4:51 AM

Mar 2019
gigguk, how deep he goes with the description of animes he talks about and the vocab he uses is just great. feels like hes narrating some story even though hes just talking about his experience with watching something. what a guy
Oct 12, 2019 5:15 AM
Aug 2013
Bennett the sage, really underrated.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 12, 2019 5:21 AM

Apr 2019
Mines probably

Nux Taku
Gigguk
Scamboli
The anime man

Oct 12, 2019 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Marco Abreu (BR) a.k.a. Intoxianime.
Oct 12, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2018
"Reviewers seriously good" I'm a put a big "no-no" on this one I think.

Digibro, NineOuh, Anime Philosopher, Otaku VS > Everyone else > Garbage > Mother's Basement

Gigguk and his wife are really funny, best anitube entry.

If you want not popular anituber, Hiding in Public and Kevin Nyaa deserves recognition.

PewdiePie is a better anituber than 95% of anituber doing reviews and reactions.

I second Nux Taku, The Anime man can go choke on a c*ck.
Oct 12, 2019 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
None, each of them is cancer

Dumb character limit, remove this shit
WeisserSchnee2Oct 12, 2019 9:05 AM
Oct 12, 2019 5:51 AM

Oct 2017
I'm not a heavy watcher of anitubers but I've checked out quite a few of them and keep track of a couple. Gigguk and Glass Reflection are some of the most consistent and likable for me. I like quite a few others, but mainly for the odd video rather than overall. Digibro's videos vary from absolute garbage to insightful and honest criticism for example.
Oct 12, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2017
I like Aleczandxr, AnimeEveryday, and Dresrosa.
Oct 12, 2019 6:24 AM

Mar 2016
AnimeDownUnder said:
Bennett the sage, really underrated.

No offense, but Bennett is probably the dumbest person to ever make anime review videos. The guy thought Akira was about amoebas.

Personally I think his perspective on older anime is insufferable.
Oct 12, 2019 6:34 AM

Aug 2018
GIGGUK, frankly, he's really good at what he does, trying to amuse the viewer while making a deep and good analysis of the anime(s) he's talking about
Enjoy the ride...
Oct 12, 2019 7:12 AM
May 2018
It's obviously the anime man who is the best anituber
Oct 12, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2018
1. Gigguk
2. Gigguk
3. Gigguk
4. Gigguk
5. Gigguk
Oct 12, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Digibro: I honestly think he's one of the best anitubers for several reasons:

1) His content varies a lot from casual, to more complex.
2) He always makes it very clear why he feels the way he does about an anime.
3) He always avoids making the same videos/points that everyone else has made.

I once made a thread asking people for criticism of Digibro as a content creator. The criticisms towards him as a content creator are aimed at some of his individual videos, but not his content as a whole.

SuperEyePatchWolf: extremely detailed and complex breakdowns of anime. He's definitely up there with Digibro.

Hollow of Dawn: he really amped up his writing in his latest videos. My only problem with his content, is that he rarely uploads.

RDCworld1: it's seriously shocking to me how these guys, despite having over 3 million subscribers, don't get any mention. They're genuinely hilarious; a lot moreso than Gigguk (no offense to him). Do they just not get enough attention because they don't critique anime?

While I like Gigguk and Mother's Basement, they're no longer my favorite anitubers. I feel like Gigguk's fantastic when he makes comedic videos, but fails at critiquing, because I just don't find his critiquing that interesting, as with Mother's Basement (but less so).

LalatinaDarkness said:
I like Aleczandxr, AnimeEveryday, and Dresrosa.

I forgot @Aleczandxr. He's not my favorite anituber right now. For some reason, I just haven't been watching his videos lately, which I should.
EDIT: I just remembered: the reason I haven't been watching his videos lately is because they focus on anime I haven't watched, like Hunter X Hunter.
removed-userOct 12, 2019 7:32 AM
Oct 12, 2019 7:29 AM
Jul 2019
Well most are pretty shit, but Soul and Aleczandxr are some of the few good ones, along with Gigguk, he’s pretty funny
Oct 12, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Under The Scope is by far my favorite Anituber also, Replay Value is pretty good, I love His short-form in-depth analysis
& Tekking101. its nice to listen to him rave on and on about OP.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 12, 2019 8:12 AM

Oct 2017
I still maintain that TheAnimeMan is the best AniTuber. He is an actual Otaku. I just don't get the impression that he is hateful towards the community in the way most other AniTubers are. People cite his constant complaining about isekai and the SAO hate train he was and is still a part of. But it just doesn't come off as malicious or snobbish. He just genuinely seems frustrated with all the mediocre isekai coming out and who can blame him.

Also...

1. He doesn't spread cancerous "anime is trash and so am I" style memes like Gigguk. Also Gigguks videos aren't "deep". I don't know what some of you are smoking but he makes over-produced normie, mainstream-appeal trite. Also his video meant to introduce people to the Fate series spoils the biggest reveal from the Fate route of the VN. I'll never forgive him for that. Thankfully it didn't spoil me, but thousands of other people have been robbed of the optimal Fate/stay Night experience thanks to him.

2. He doesn't have an SJW political agenda like MB. Seriously fuck that smug prick. Defintion of smug millenial know-it-all supriority complex.

3. He isn't up himself and pretentious like GR. Although I actually kind of like GR when he isn't using normie western value judgments to knock stuff like sexual fan service. Credit to him for making decent reviews.

4. Doesn't go on and on about hating everything like Digi. Although, again, Digi is one I like in some ways.

Joey has a waifu. Joey is capable of enjoying all sorts of anime (people think he's pretentious but he is a big fan of DanMachi, so...). Joey lives in Japan and speaks Japanese.

He is a genuine unironically proud otaku.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 12, 2019 8:15 AM

Jan 2009
aside from Gigguk and Digibro that i rarely watch but im subscribe to both

i follow sakuga anitubers like
The Canipa Effect https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCanipaEffect (wish his voice is edited to not be heard like he got a flu or something though)
Striving For Animation which is a youtube made by some animators https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBS0meEbzjIwFssjPzDtBQ

and a lot of english cover artists of anime like Studio Yuraki, NateWantsToBattle, LeaAndLie, Sapphire, JorporXX, Megami33, Jonathan Young, etc
Oct 12, 2019 8:51 AM
Feb 2017
Gigguk- he’s entertaining and is pretty wild with his content, but can talk about subjects seriously if he wants to.

TheAnimeMan- insightful about what’s happening in Japan, informational, etc. He’s a pretty chill guy and it’s cool to have someone who is actually Japanese talk about Japan while simultaneously acting like he’s not even associated with it. He has an outside-in and an inside-out look on everything surrounding it.
Oct 12, 2019 8:51 AM
Apr 2016
Gigguk and TheAnimeMan, love those two.
Oct 12, 2019 9:11 AM

Jan 2013
None of the above, because they don't talk about what I'm interested in...

YossaRedMage said:
I still maintain that TheAnimeMan is the best AniTuber. He is an actual Otaku. I just don't get the impression that he is hateful towards the community in the way most other AniTubers are. People cite his constant complaining about isekai and the SAO hate train he was and is still a part of. But it just doesn't come off as malicious or snobbish. He just genuinely seems frustrated with all the mediocre isekai coming out and who can blame him.

Also...

1. He doesn't spread cancerous "anime is trash and so am I" style memes like Gigguk. Also Gigguks videos aren't "deep". I don't know what some of you are smoking but he makes over-produced normie, mainstream-appeal trite. Also his video meant to introduce people to the Fate series spoils the biggest reveal from the Fate route of the VN. I'll never forgive him for that. Thankfully it didn't spoil me, but thousands of other people have been robbed of the optimal Fate/stay Night experience thanks to him.

2. He doesn't have an SJW political agenda like MB. Seriously fuck that smug prick. Defintion of smug millenial know-it-all supriority complex.

3. He isn't up himself and pretentious like GR. Although I actually kind of like GR when he isn't using normie western value judgments to knock stuff like sexual fan service. Credit to him for making decent reviews.

4. Doesn't go on and on about hating everything like Digi. Although, again, Digi is one I like in some ways.

Joey has a waifu. Joey is capable of enjoying all sorts of anime (people think he's pretentious but he is a big fan of DanMachi, so...). Joey lives in Japan and speaks Japanese.

He is a genuine unironically proud otaku.
Not even sure what the bolded part is suppose to mean.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 12, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2019
Glass Reflection and Under The Scope do pretty great reviews. They just don't do too much reviews, which is why I don't watch them that frequently. Demolition D also made some good stuff, but he quit, I think. The Canipa Effect is another amazing Anituber with some extremely good knowledge of the anime industry, compared to Anime Man whose knowledge of the industry extends as far as "I used to live in Japan, so I know everything about anime". Gigguk WAS good for memes, but that's it. His reviews are way too positive and his seasonal anime vids aren't anything I wanna give a fuck about. Mother's Basement is in it for the bucks. Digibro seems to be going against the popular opinion to get that notoriety (hence views, hence bucks)
Oct 12, 2019 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
People I watch whenever they upload a new video:
Tekking101
Gigguk

People I occasionally watch:
Nux Taku
TheAnimeman
Chibi
Scamboli
Super Eyepatch Wolf
Oct 12, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2018
Anitubers?

Naaah, I am more attached to youtube channels like Defunctland and Cinemassacre...especially to Rental Reviews because I once worked in a small video rental store (even wrote the rental software for it) and I totally got the atmosphere.
Oct 12, 2019 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Huh. I seem to be subscribed to a lot more anitubers than I thought. I haven't been keeping up with a lot of these channels lately. Here's the list:

Gigguk, Glass Reflection, Aleczandxr, Under The Scope, Anime Philosopher, Hiding In Public, PhenomSage, Replay Value, Super Eyepatch Wolf, ProZD and Zurik 23M (which is not an anime exclusive channel but I watch their beautiful SNK character study videos only)

My favourite among them would be Gigguk for his consistency.
Oct 12, 2019 12:26 PM

Sep 2018
Gigguk is pretty fun to watch, but beside comedy there is not that much more in his videos.

Tranquil Dionysian for the funny comments when he shits on stuff. +1 for the more critical reviews.

Anime Philosopher seems dead but the videos we got are pretty neat.

Overall i am not really into anitubers, many are not toxic enough :(

digibro is pretty neat too i guess
-Mullerio-Oct 12, 2019 12:34 PM
Oct 12, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2015
Probably Super Eyepatch Wolf and The Cartoon Cipher.
Oct 12, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2017
Cabron said:
Not even sure what the bolded part is suppose to mean.

I guess pretentious is a word people tend to use in different ways. In this case I'm referring to the tendency for people to only like "serious" or "deep" anime and shun anything that's just a fun simple show, especially when there's lots of cute girls and even moreso when there is an ecchi element. DanMachi (I've always thought at least) is a good example of a simple, fun show that is good because it does basic stuff really well, therefore someone who could like such a show probably isn't a pretentious type of fan.

To be clear, I don't think one needs to like simple "fun" shows to not be pretentious. Taste is a thing, of course. But there are people who don't even give certain shows a chance because of judgmental, close-minded attitudes that only serve to prop up their ego about their "refined" taste.

This is relevent because I've heard criticisms of Joey that he is pretentious, but I don't see it all. He is very slightly elitist, I'll say that. But a little elitism isn't such a bad thing if it isn't mean spirited.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 12, 2019 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
been following benett the sage for close to 10 years, but I don't watch his every video anymore.
Oct 12, 2019 2:06 PM

Oct 2008
1st The anime man
2nd The anime zone
3rd Glass Reflection
Oct 12, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2015
I would say it depends:

For analysis and deep downs I would go for Aleczndr and Eyepatch Wolf.

For satiric comments and overall fun Scamboli and Gigguk´s GF are great.

For "informational" channels I would choose Crunchyroll and Get in the Robot.

For weekly analysis Chibi and Sawyer.

I haven´t really seen too much of Gigguk to have an opinion but I liked everything I have seen from him.
Oct 12, 2019 2:24 PM

Nov 2018
Digibro is the only good anituber tbh
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Oct 12, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
I tried with several anitubers.

TheAnimeMan is the most decent of the bunch. I didn't watch a lot of videos of him but he really enjoys what he's doing. Also, he knows about what’s happening in Japan.

NurguburuOct 12, 2019 2:42 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 12, 2019 2:29 PM
Sep 2017
Digibro because he knows his stuff and occasionally super eyepatch wolf, anime man, and gigguk, though I don’t really watch anitube outside of digibro.
Oct 12, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2019
Gigguk. He's funny, entertaining and serious when necessary. He doesn't try to make anime looks like something it isn't nor bring any political bullshit into his videos.
Oct 12, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
How has nobody mentioned Red Bard yet? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQuZgTeDkLjVdsO6Ahg9Qjw

She's seriously overlooked. All of her videos are well-researched, informative, and very entertaining. She also delves into aspects of fandom history that are often forgotten or under-discussed. Granted her videos are infrequent and sporadic.

Also her bootleg twitter is fucking incredible.
removed-userOct 14, 2019 1:21 AM
Oct 12, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2009
I don't have a favorite, as I largely dislike them.

I tend to prefer videos where it's just the person's unfiltered (or lightly edited to remove awkward pauses, I guess) thoughts/opinions on topics, and preferably not meme topics but interesting (IMO) ones. And preferably not meme'd analysis, but actually meaningful analysis.

Rather than flashy visual gags and sarcastic humor/jabs and mocking edits of stuff and so on.

Among the more famous YouTubers, I don't know them very well but I think Arkada (a.k.a. The Pedantic Romantic) and Digibro seem to have this sort of content. I tend to disagree with their actual opinions on anime though.

So I just end up doing either of these:
* wander through a pile of youtuber names, look them up one by one, and probably become disappointed by their stuff
* just search for reviews on some less-talked-about anime that I liked, which occasionally leads me to an interesting video such as Vathek's review of Heavy Object
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 12, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
Gamerturk is the only one I follow. I tried to see video from other youtubers but I don’t like anyone of them, so I follow only him.
Oct 12, 2019 3:44 PM

Oct 2017
I don't really like a lot of anitubers. Supereyepatchwolf tends to make good videos (he isn't a dedicated Anituber), Anime Philosopher has done good videos but she almost never posts I wonder if she quit doing videos and Soulmadness has made some good videos on AOT, Bleach and Bebop but he hasn't done much outside of that.

PedanticRomantic, Mother's Basement, Misty/Chronexia, Thatanimesnob, The Anime Man, Akidearest are some of the ones I dislike.

Digibro can occasionally have good points and I used to like Gigguk but recently his content has been kinda meh.
BilboBaggins365Oct 12, 2019 7:35 PM
Oct 12, 2019 3:53 PM

Jun 2019
Scamboli literally does his reviews just like I always wanted to do mine when I was planning out videos I wanted to start making. It's to the point, it's actually entertaining to watch, and it's funny as hell at the right times. He has a lot of similarities to Dunkey, but at the same time, he's like his own breed.

No doubt he's next up, criminally underrated.
professional women respecter
Oct 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
the only one i actually follow
https://www.youtube.com/user/esfelectra/videos?disable_polymer=1

too bad he's particularly hard to google for because of the blank name
Oct 12, 2019 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
thatanimesnob
digital brony
demo Deez nutz

the good ones
Oct 12, 2019 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
I used to like a lot of anitubers. But more recently, I'm starting to like many them less for several reasons:
The Anime Man - I like his "unpopular opinions" and a couple of few other types of videos, but more recently, he's starting to care less about the popular stuff (like MHA for example).
Akidearest - she seems to be doing less anime content and more Japan or other Asian related stuff nowadays which kind of disappointed me.
Mother's Basement - remember the time when he used to make What's in a OP? videos which were actually interesting. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be doing a lot of them nowadays. Most of his other content are pretty forgettable to me.
Glass Reflection - still has some sort of substance. But seriously, why tf can't he pronounce Naruto's name right!? Also he hasn't been doing a lot of interesting reviews recently.
Misty/Chronexia - I don't watch him anymore since I felt that he's more for anime noobs.
Anime America - This used to be my favorite anime YT channel. But does anyone remember these guys? There is a good reason why nobody doesn't. Here's proof.

The only anitubers who still have some good substance into them is Gigguk and Lost Pause. With Gigguk, I love it how he blends comedy and critical analysis at the same time. His videos are also memorable and re watchable for me. As for Lost Pause, I just love seeing his meme content. He's basically a guilty pleasure for me.

I'm also trying to watch other anitubers like CDawgVA, Under the Scope, DigiBro and Nux Taku but never really got the time to check more on them.
Oct 12, 2019 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
I never liked any of them much, gigguk was the only one who is really good in my opinion, but I dont watch his videos anymore because I feel like it always has some kind of spoiler for season stuff in it or anime I plan to watch.
I usually only watch Chibi Reviews now and then because I feel like he is one of the anitubers who dont spoiler me 24/7.
I am not a fan of those youtubers that do click bait with titles just to spoil me.
Oct 12, 2019 6:47 PM
Nov 2018
The Anime Man, Mother’s Basement, Scamboli Reviews, Gigguk,Arcada Glass Reflection
Oct 12, 2019 6:53 PM

Mar 2015
Scamboli Reviews....

but lowkey Digibro
woah there
Oct 12, 2019 6:59 PM

May 2015
Super Eyepatch Wolf for sure. He's one of my favorite YouTubers in general. Pretty much every video he makes is great; even the ones that aren't about anime.

Oct 12, 2019 7:10 PM

Jun 2019
No, Chibi Reviews is not "seriously good". Sitting infront of a camera talking (not even reviewing) about an anime and giving opinions doesn't make him a good youtuber. He's an e-begger, and probably one of the worst youtubers out there.

But anyways, there are no anime youtubers that are entertaining. Worst ones are the weekly episode "reviewers". All they do is summarize an episode/chapter and that's pretty much it. Imagine watching shitty channels like that...
AxxLifeOct 12, 2019 7:16 PM
Oct 12, 2019 7:18 PM

May 2018
Gigguk, Akidearest, Explanation Point and KenKen.

I also liked Einshine but he stopped making videos for some reason TwT I still miss him ugh... Same with DouchebagChocolat...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching

deg - Apr 14

49 by Kenzolo-folk »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

60 by bucciest »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.